Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 938.
#12201 3 years ago

Lots of pinsiders logged in for this early in the morning? Is something going on?

Wakee wakee eggs and bacee

#12202 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Lots of pinsiders logged in for this early in the morning? Is something going on?
Wakee wakee eggs and bacee

Everyone's waiting for a glimpse of the new playfield to put in their orders.

If it looks amazing I'll probly buy one as well

#12203 3 years ago

No thanks. Playfield art looks like homepin level bad. Pro is bare at best. This is not going to rival JJP GNR in the slightest.

#12204 3 years ago

After watching the Zeppelin trailer and looking at some pics closely these are my feelings.
Some interesting ramps but another uninspired Ritchie title. I already own High Speed Steve. The Pro seems like it has nothing going on. I loves me some Stern games but this one is an easy pass. Itll still be fun but id really hoped we would get something a little more original. Next.

#12205 3 years ago

So glad all the negative Nellies have chimed in. And here I thought pinball machines were supposed to be fun. It doesn't matter how many toys you jack into a machine or if it's ugly as sin. We haven't even seen gameplay yet or mature code but people are out. Same old Pinside.

#12206 3 years ago

Ummm?

Looks decent enough but doesn't blow me away like GNR preview.

I do like drop targets though glad they did that.

Side lighting looks nice as well.

#12207 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So glad all the negative Nellies have chimed in. And here I thought pinball machines were supposed to be fun. It doesn't matter how many toys you jack into a machine or if it's ugly as sin. We haven't even seen gameplay yet or mature code but people are out. Same old Pinside.

While I agree with your overall point, the mature code aspect is a leap of faith for consumers -- in some games, mature code can take years, or might not ever see the light of day. Everyone will have their own opinion on when a pin can be judged, but to me, the code should standalone at launch/sell, because there's no guarantee it's getting updated or necessarily better.

#12208 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

While I agree with your overall point, the mature code aspect is a leap of faith for consumers -- in some games, mature code can take years, or might not ever see the light of day. Everyone will have their own opinion on when a pin can be judged, but to me, the code should standalone at launch/sell, because there's no guarantee it's getting updated or necessarily better.

That's true. But sadly code is rarely very good at launch. This entire hobby is a leap of faith...unless you get a classic B/W or Gottlieb.

#12209 3 years ago

I hate lock down bar buttons.

#12210 3 years ago

Really like pro album art

Very cool!

#12211 3 years ago

Here’s the first after market mod. Upgrade your useless silver dildo to the silver seducer, actual vibrating motion!
Couldn’t even make the blimp some kind of animated ball lock or even a moving target like GB Slimer? Seriously Stern are you for real?
Steal the mech off iron man, put in a few drop target banks instead of the cheap ass bars people have been calling you out on, Job done, that’ll be 10k please. PISS OFF!

508368B8-4836-427E-B79B-C59A784AC282 (resized).jpeg508368B8-4836-427E-B79B-C59A784AC282 (resized).jpeg
#12212 3 years ago

“negative nellies” haha I just know what I like to see and this ain’t it unfortunately. Pinball is always “fun” even on subpar games but I think we can all agree we hope for more at every release. Sometimes we get innovation and clever design...sometimes we get an uninspired product.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quoted from beelzeboob:

#12213 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This is an internet forum (during a pandemic). Whole lotta negativity to be found
My personal negative comment wasnt based on gameplay. I think itll play fine as this layout is nithing new. Thats my negative takeaway. That ive already seem several versions of this layout. Inlove this layout and several games that have it. Do i get excited to see a new game with it? Not really. Its just a bummer that the guy considered the king of pinball just calls it in. Just retire if you dont care anymore. End rant

#12214 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This is an internet forum (during a pandemic). Whole lotta negativity to be found
My personal negative comment wasnt based on gameplay. I think itll play fine as this layout is nithing new. Thats my negative takeaway. That ive already seem several versions of this layout. Inlove this layout and several games that have it. Do i get excited to see a new game with it? Not really. Its just a bummer that the guy considered the king of pinball just calls it in. Just retire if you dont care anymore. End rant

Pat's games are better.
By a mile

#12215 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It doesn't matter how many toys you jack into a machine or if it's ugly as sin. We haven't even seen gameplay yet or mature code but people are out.

I think this perfectly sums up how people were blown away by the GNR reveal and seem to be underwhelmed by LZ. The big difference between what I look for in a pinball machine and what other people look for is pretty apparent. Gameplay seems to be an afterthought in both cases. Yes, I think the Prem/LE artwork is especially un-inspiring but I need to know how the game PLAYS because as it stands I think the layout has potential as long as the code/rules can make it shine. From my initial impressions, the layout looks superior to most of Ritchie's recent designs (BKSOR, SW, GOT for sure).

#12216 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

“negative nellies” haha I just know what I like to see and this ain’t it unfortunately. Pinball is always “fun” even on subpar games but I think we can all agree we hope for more at every release. Sometimes we get innovation and clever design...sometimes we get an uninspired product.

But here's the thing: A lot of unhappy people around here like to complain about EVERYTHING. People complained about ACDC having a lower playfield. People complained about GOT having an upper playfield. People complain when there's only one playfield, or only two flippers. People complained about artwork on every Ritchie game as if you're going to hang the fucking thing on your wall and not play it in a darkened arcade. I thought ACDC was ugly as sin (still do), and I still have the game because it's fun as hell. So is GOT. So is SW. So is STh (widely ripped on this site, but still the most fun I have playing pinball in my house over the past year). So I've gotta go with my gut on this one. Steve Ritchie+LZ (his grail theme)=another really fun and fast game.

#12217 3 years ago

Can't wait! Limited Edition is paid in full!

#12218 3 years ago

Thinking I like the Pro cabinet alot more than the other 2.

Afraid to purchase because I'll be losing Diner and F14 should I pull the Plunger?

FEAR

#12219 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But here's the thing: A lot of unhappy people around here like to complain about EVERYTHING. People complained about ACDC having a lower playfield. People complained about GOT having an upper playfield. People complain when there's only one playfield, or only two flippers. People complained about artwork on every Ritchie game as if you're going to hang the fucking thing on your wall and not play it in a darkened arcade. I thought ACDC was ugly as sin (still do), and I still have the game because it's fun as hell. So is GOT. So is SW. So is STh (widely ripped on this site, but still the most fun I have playing pinball in my house over the past year). So I've gotta go with my gut on this one. Steve Ritchie+LZ (his grail theme)=another really fun and fast game.

I think we are all here to discuss and give our opinion of what we think about the pin. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. I am not sure why when someone tells what they don't like about it, the likers bash them, but it doesn't seem the non likers are bashing the likers thoughts and opinions.

People shouldn't have to reprimanded for giving their thoughts and opinions.

#12220 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Thinking I like the Pro cabinet alot more than the other 2.
Afraid to purchase because I'll be losing Diner and F14 should I pull the Plunger?
FEAR

Yes, pull the plunger. I plan to get rid of one game to help finance a pro. I have to let Roller Games or Bride of Pinbot go. Hate to do it but I think LZ will be worth it.

#12221 3 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I think we are all here to discuss and give our opinion of what we think about the pin. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. I am not sure why when someone tells what they don't like about it, the likers bash them, but it doesn't seem the non likers are bashing the likers thoughts and opinions.
People shouldn't have to reprimanded for giving their thoughts and opinions.

I have no problem with others' opinions if they don't like something. It's not that they do it...it's how they do it.

For me, I personally don't go on threads and dump on a new game I don't like. I just move on and wait for the next game. At the end of the day, we should all be happy there's new games coming out every three months or less. Pretty awesome.

#12222 3 years ago

I take it back. I never dumped on a game except for the Beatles. I dumped on that because I was so excited, then had to pull my deposit because I was so disappointed it was a retheme. Pissed me off.

#12223 3 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

Yes, pull the plunger. I plan to get rid of one game to help finance a pro. I have to let Roller Games or Bride of Pinbot go. Hate to do it but I think LZ will be worth it.

I really miss my Rollergames

Ditch Bride easy to get another down the road.

Good Rollergames not so easy.

Roller Games! Roller Games!

Head for the Wall!

#12224 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I have no problem with others' opinions if they don't like something. It's not that they do it...it's how they do it.
For me, I personally don't go on threads and dump on a new game I don't like. I just move on and wait for the next game. At the end of the day, we should all be happy there's new games coming out every three months or less. Pretty awesome.

This isn't a game specific thread. I welcome and encourage criticism of new pins to help potential buyers think about the pro's/con's, and to keep these companies honest. You won't see much improvement in an industry filled with fanboys that buy everything sight unseen.

Having said that, it's really easy to get me hyped about a new pinball machine since I'm fairly new to the hobby, and this one is a big letdown to me. My girlfriend and I are LZ fans and this was a very disappointing reveal for us so far.

#12225 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I understand, but this is not the "hype" thread. This is a thread where we speculate all next new stern releases and then we all give our opinions. I however do agree, opinions should be given with some respect and substance. Don't just tell Ritchie to retire, lots of people love his designs.

Personally, the trailers don't give me enough to give an opinion one way or another.

#12226 3 years ago

Love new pins but WTF .

84C77E79-8AA9-4C7E-9513-246BD32D2B4C (resized).jpeg84C77E79-8AA9-4C7E-9513-246BD32D2B4C (resized).jpeg
#12227 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I really miss my Rollergames
Ditch Bride easy to get another down the road.
Good Rollergames not so easy.
Roller Games! Roller Games!
Head for the Wall!

I know, Rollergames is addictive. Tough choice for me. Both Rollergames and BoP are diamond plate and play extremely fast. I love them both. It's like deciding which one of your children to kick out of your house (when you love them all). I'd keep them both and just add LZ if my wife would let me!

#12228 3 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12229 3 years ago

Premium
Pro
LE

As far as cab and head art work goes.

The pro is growing on me fast.

711CD9F8-04BE-4876-A591-4F36E4132187 (resized).jpeg711CD9F8-04BE-4876-A591-4F36E4132187 (resized).jpegAFD88FAA-19BF-44FE-8F66-150D30ECF3C3 (resized).jpegAFD88FAA-19BF-44FE-8F66-150D30ECF3C3 (resized).jpeg
#12230 3 years ago

Black trim would look good.

#12231 3 years ago

Premium should have been black and white play field like Munster Pre.

#12232 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Premium
Pro
LE
As far as cab and head art work goes.
The pro is growing on me fast.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have Jukeboxes in gameroom and album III would be a sweet addition.

Pro all the way!

If I grow a pair and buy it.

#12233 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Black trim would look good.

.......and maybe a black thong?

#12234 3 years ago

Looks like another fun Steve Ritchie layout loads of back handable shots which is one of Steve’s signature design traits along with great flow, but I would love to have seen him go crazy with this one, considering the rumour he was being allowed to go nuts on this one, maybe the rumour was just that?

Monger mech with a spinner is kinda cool but bashing Monger with the magnet and shaker is what really makes that mech brilliant, this just doesn’t wow me but often Steve can make an average shot feel world class. And is that the Marilyn ramp from Munsters on the right?

#12235 3 years ago

Probably not great when 2hrs afyer its announcement, the Zepplin trailer has as many thumbs down on youtube as the Star Wars home pin.
I was curious...

Screenshot_20201215-123624_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201215-123624_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201215-123856_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201215-123856_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201215-123927_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201215-123927_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201215-123958_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201215-123958_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201215-124028_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201215-124028_YouTube (resized).jpg
#12236 3 years ago

Not thrilled with any edition's cabinet artwork.

#12237 3 years ago

Im happy the LZ fans got their game, Im also happy I dont have to have it.

Bring on Godzilla or BTTF
Pewee Herman and Beetle Juice would do it to.

#12238 3 years ago

A Few Observations now that we are running out of steam on art comments on LZ.
1. Premium now includes side art/game blades stock.
2. Premium and LE now include Pinstadiumish goodies
3. Pro includes standup 3 bank
4. 4 ramps in all models… a lot for a standard body
5. Cross body plunge set up well for a skill shot. Most plunge through the orbit today, this is different like a lot of older data easts.
6. There is a second switch in the shooter lane… why?
7. Ball does not travel on plastic in this game.
8. Shot through the backbox.

#12239 3 years ago

I will definitely pick up a pro....one day in a year or so.

Seeing nothing in the premium/LE that would be worth the extra cash.

One of my kids just looked at artwork, and rated pro the best, followed by premium and last was the LE!

#12240 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

4. 4 ramps in all models… a lot for a standard body

The pro is missing that upper flipper flip ramp. But the 3 ramps make for a solid layout on the pro.

6. There is a second switch in the shooter lane… why?

To validate the playfield I'd assume, to prevent short plunging without starting the ball save timer.

7. Ball does not travel on plastic in this game.

Good point, all metal ramps! That's a serious plus in my mind.

#12241 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every track doesn't have to be a mode, but when you have a band with a catalog like LZ it would be pretty disappointing to only get 12.

Actually, 12 is sounding pretty good now, can we get 12?

#12242 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Actually, 12 is sounding pretty good now, can we get 12?

12 would be good but I think it could be 13 depending on how the 3 wizard modes are used.

#12243 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

12 would be good but I think it could be 13 depending on how the 3 wizard modes are used.

I think you're full of wishes and stardust if you think there are actually 3 secret songs and they're only advertising 10, but hey, here's hoping.

#12244 3 years ago

The Pro looks like BBBB ha ha
the LE is like someone dropped too much acid at Stern
PASS

#12245 3 years ago

Wow...

I mean, yeah downvote me, it maybe a shitload of fun to play but at least with the Pro my thoughts were:

"This has to be a joke."

Premium & LE still look kinda sparse but have the trrim lighting and stuff so that's kinda ok I guess...

#12246 3 years ago

I have no issues with the way they look. Really unique art straight from the albums that will stand out in any lineup. Where the pro is a loss for me is loosing the upper flipper ramp to a dead end. If I were getting one (I’m not) I’d take LE over the others. If the pro had that ramp I’d take a pro for sure. Don’t care much about the appearing spinner.

#12247 3 years ago

One good thing about LZ looking as appealing as a bag of dirty diapers is that slow sales should free up some line capacity to work down the back log.

#12248 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

LZ looking as appealing as a bag of dirty diapers

64e55c15e2f0c16a62fc8997b2632321 (resized).jpg64e55c15e2f0c16a62fc8997b2632321 (resized).jpg
#12249 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Where the pro is a loss for me is loosing the upper flipper ramp to a dead end.

Same here. Man I’d be really excited for the pro if it had that ramp instead of the dead end. Hopefully It works out and still shoots well on the pro.

#12250 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Not thrilled with any edition's cabinet artwork.

Time to buy Alien; announcement coming really soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/245?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.