balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 923.
#12151 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

This is Stern...it's a plastic cut out with LEDs, and wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it to $1200 because it has some sort of song attached to it that will be unlocked in the game.

Well, that is news!

Can only get a the song if you buy the topper.

Gotta squeeze those Zep fans

#12152 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, that is news!
Can only get a the song if you buy the topper.
Gotta squeeze those Zep fans

I totally made up the topper thing lol. But I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route.

#12153 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I totally made up the topper thing lol. But I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route.

Too believable though

#12154 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Funny thing is that they will sell regardless, they always do.

#12155 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

This is Stern...it's a plastic cut out with LEDs, and wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it to $1200 because it has some sort of song attached to it that will be unlocked in the game.

Hey...back off, man. Stern is a lifestyle brand. You've gotta expect to pay a premium for that.

#12156 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Asshat

#12157 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Is this the inside scoop, again?

#12158 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

AND the fact the new Godzilla movie is due out Early May.

New Bond movie is April 2. Daniel Craig's last. Would be a perfect time for an all-encompassing Bond franchise pin. Or at least a Daniel Craig bond pin...

#12159 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

New Bond movie is April 2. Daniel Craig's last. Would be a perfect time for an all-encompassing Bond franchise pin. Or at least a Daniel Craig bond pin...

I could see Bond as a franchise being a licensing nightmare.

#12160 3 years ago

Want to appeal to a wide audience that isn't into pinball? The DIVA pin.
recruit Cher, Mariah, Beyonce, Celine, Janet, Madonna, or any combination of them.

#12161 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Want to appeal to a wide audience that isn't into pinball?

Not really. F those people.

#12162 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

When I said Stern's next title was going to be released soon (2 weeks ago), people said I was full of BS, and my response was "I don't get a whole lotta love here", which is an obvious Led Zeppelin song. I also posted I don't want to spoil it, it's not Led Zeppelin, meaning it is Led Zeppelin. Like I don't want to spoil it for you, Santa is Real. I also said now, (meaning before the year ends) would be good timing to release this machine as it's Zeppelin's 50th anniversary.

I have some more inside scoops:

It's dark at night.

You will poop on christmas!

-> Me clairvoyant!

#12163 3 years ago

The topper will be a ‘stairway to heaven’ that lights up and it will have its own ‘stairway mode’ that you can only play if you’ve bought the topper AND the mode will not be supported by the pro model. The topper will be $35 worth of materials for $1500 plus shipping. I guarantee it.

Quoted from BallPin:

#12164 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The topper will be a ‘stairway to heaven’ that lights up and it will have its own ‘stairway mode’ that you can only play if you’ve bought the topper AND the mode will not be supported by the pro model. The topper will be $35 worth of materials for $1500 plus shipping. I guarantee it.

Does the ball climb a ladder into the topper for some sort of interaction? Lol

#12165 3 years ago

The one feature I'd be happy for GNR to make a new band pin standard is including 20+ songs.

Every track doesn't have to be a mode, but when you have a band with a catalog like LZ it would be pretty disappointing to only get 12. It worked with ACDC's code, and I wasn't mad about it on Metallica since they leaned so heavily on their older catalog, but I'll be let down if it's that small this time around.

#12166 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does the ball climb a ladder into the topper for some sort of interaction? Lol

Here is the early prototype.... just replace Santa with Robert Plant.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12167 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not really. F those people.

Yeah, let's keep the comic book and dad band titles cranking....

#12168 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Let's keep complaining about that. We want flashes in the pan!!! Let's rattle off a bunch of musicians and bands with no forethought to a good game design!!! Yeah!! That'll show em!! Or better yet...let's list off our favourite movie and demand that the world revolve around us!! Rabble rabble rabble

#12169 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Here is the early prototype.... just replace Santa with Robert Plant. [quoted image]

Hahaha

#12170 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

If you mean legendary comic book heroes and Hall of Fame rock bands, then yes...I agree. Let's remember what the demographic of most people buying pins is. Stern knows this and appeals to that base. It seems to be a sound business decision because they keep cranking out great games that sell like hotcakes. (That's dad-speak for sells really fast.)

#12171 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I have some more inside scoops:
It's dark at night.
You will poop on christmas!
-> Me clairvoyant!

You're saying there will be a new Dark Knight machine?

Okay, but I don't see a Christmas Poop machine selling all that well...

#12172 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

New South Park game focusing only on the Mr. Hankey Christmas episodes??

#12173 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Talking about the South Park Mr Hankey Christmas Poo pinball. Season 1 ep 9. I’d think with your avatar that would have been obvious to you.

#12174 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

If it’s a Daniel Craig or a combo of all Bond actors, I’m out. For me, only a Connery/ cool 60’s vibe theme and music with a touch of humor such as Lyman did with Batman will do.

#12175 3 years ago

Waiting on Zeppelin information like.......

JT.gifJT.gif
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12176 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If it’s a Daniel Craig or a combo of all Bond actors, I’m out. For me, only a Connery/ cool 60’s vibe theme and music with a touch of humor such as Lyman did with Batman will do.

That’s the thing with a 007 Pinball, I just like Roger Moore to be honest

#12177 3 years ago

Bond would have to be one era of Bond, not multiple.

#12178 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you mean legendary comic book heroes and Hall of Fame rock bands, then yes...I agree. Let's remember what the demographic of most people buying pins is. Stern knows this and appeals to that base. It seems to be a sound business decision because they keep cranking out great games that sell like hotcakes. (That's dad-speak for sells really fast.)

Makes good business sense to please the demographic buying the most games for sure, it's yur 'F everybody else' that gets me.
I personally would pre-order a Pink Floyd game sight unseen.

#12179 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Makes good business sense to please the demographic buying the most games for sure, it's yur 'F everybody else' that gets me.
I personally would pre-order a Pink Floyd game sight unseen.

I would be in for Pink Floyd as well.

#12180 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin could have been seeing into the future of Pinside of today when they were writing this :

"Sit with elders of the gentle race
This world has seldom seen
Talk of days for which they sit and wait
And all will be revealed"

#12181 3 years ago

I more day I guess !

D964F9BB-AA60-43A5-A8B8-51BDD93B8005 (resized).pngD964F9BB-AA60-43A5-A8B8-51BDD93B8005 (resized).png
#12182 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I could see Bond as a franchise being a licensing nightmare.

I think "Bond" as a brand wouldn't be that hard, there's a ton of third party licensing deals for products with the 007 logo etc. But if you include characters and storylines (not sure who holds the rights to Ian Fleming's work) or, more importantly, actors' likenesses, I can see where it could get difficult, and Stern lately seems to try to avoid the hassle (JP, AIQ). They did it for Beatles, so I guess it's not impossible. I can only speak for myself, but I'd only be interested in a pin with actual movie assets. Same for BTTF.

#12183 3 years ago
Quoted from Inpw:

I think "Bond" as a brand wouldn't be that hard, there's a ton of third party licensing deals for products with the 007 logo etc. But if you include characters and storylines (not sure who holds the rights to Ian Fleming's work) or, more importantly, actors' likenesses, I can see where it could get difficult, and Stern lately seems to try to avoid the hassle (JP, AIQ). They did it for Beatles, so I guess it's not impossible. I can only speak for myself, but I'd only be interested in a pin with actual movie assets. Same for BTTF.

The good news is that the real movie a/v clips can be added later with Pinbrowser, until Stern adds better encryption that is....which i would imagine is coming soon based on the latest GS interview.

#12184 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Don't let my "F everybody else" bother you...it's a joke. What the hell do I care what Stern releases? It's their company, they can put out what they want. I personally hated the themes of the last two games, but loved this one. That's why they're successful...they try to appeal to most people--they'll never please everybody.

And the argument of them releasing only comic book and dad-rock themes is flawed. Last year they put out Stranger Things. I have the LE. I think the game is fantastic and I still play it more than any other game in my house. And the game tanked. So new themes don't necessarily translate into sales.

PS - If they did Pink Floyd The Wall, that would be an insta-buy for me as well. Gotta love that dad rock.

#12185 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't let my "F everybody else" bother you...it's a joke. What the hell do I care what Stern releases? It's their company, they can put out what they want. I personally hated the themes of the last two games, but loved this one. That's why they're successful...they try to appeal to most people--they'll never please everybody.
And the argument of them releasing only comic book and dad-rock themes is flawed. Last year they put out Stranger Things. I have the LE. I think the game is fantastic and I still play it more than any other game in my house. And the game tanked. So new themes don't necessarily translate into sales.
PS - If they did Pink Floyd The Wall, that would be an insta-buy for me as well. Gotta love that dad rock.

Being a dad, and in a dad band, with dad money to spend, Insta-Buy (tm) for sure!

#12186 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Bond would have to be one era of Bond, not multiple.

yup. daniel craig is the only way to go. sean connery and moore are far too outdated, as are those old movies. the new ones are better.

#12187 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Want to appeal to a wide audience that isn't into pinball? The DIVA pin.
recruit Cher, Mariah, Beyonce, Celine, Janet, Madonna, or any combination of them.

All a bunch of egotistical witches. The licensing cost would be insane and so would the cost of the pin.

#12188 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just bought Stranger Things pro for the family for Christmas and we played it on route and we all love it. The demogorgon was not set up well and balls kept getting stuck but still loved it. It’s in the garage with UV kit, art blades, shaker, and ramp decal waiting for Christmas. No regrets. Now waiting and Zeppelin full reveal.

#12189 3 years ago

Just watched Minority Report again last night. Awesome movie that has aged relatively well given its near future focus. Scriptwriters must have used some good futurists .

Perfect for Pinball with good use of the assets. The scene where Tom Cruise drops his eyeballs and they roll down the hill......

#12190 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

All a bunch of egotistical witches. The licensing cost would be insane and so would the cost of the pin.

Ok, maybe your judgement is right. The only thing Stern cares about is the mystical 'demographic' that you represent.

So, How about Chrissie and the Pretenders? (With a Joan Jett multiball and a Bonnie Raitt wizard mode?)

#12191 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure about B & T for a pinball? The recent movie was streamed and straight to Redbox? Not much of a following. Cool 80's movie, but I can think of better ones. Starting to run low on good potential themes-not many left that are epic imo. BTTF, Beetlejuice, Jaws, Mission Impossible, Godzilla, Queen, Van Halen then what? Toy Story or Scooby Doo? Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber?
It will be interesting over the next decade what themes can be pulled out of the hat. It surly can't be any worse than the stellar themes chosen by Gottlieb during their last decade in business.

Toy story would be fun.

#12192 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Toy story would be fun.

Stern doesn’t have that license. JJP does 2H 2021 at earliest.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see it in October / November even.

#12193 3 years ago

I think everyone believes Led Zeppelin deserves to be more than a Star Wars/Heavy Metal re-skin..right? How do you feel about getting a huge license and then re-skinning?

#12194 3 years ago

Caddy shack would make a fun pin

6B927784-F8B7-4B9E-A251-837DC1C19FC7 (resized).png6B927784-F8B7-4B9E-A251-837DC1C19FC7 (resized).png
#12195 3 years ago

No good gofers with a twist (no pun)

#12196 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I think everyone believes Led Zeppelin deserves to be more than a Star Wars/Heavy Metal re-skin..right? How do you feel about getting a huge license and then re-skinning?

Depends on how you feel about that pin.
If it’s your grail pin - no reskin.
If it’s not - reskin and move onto next title.

#12197 3 years ago

National Lampoon Vacation

Vegas
Xmas
European
Wally World original

All in one

#12198 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Toy story would be fun.

Toy Story will be fun but the theme is not for everyone(JJP's next game btw). Much like WOZ and Wonka, they were fun movies decades ago as a child but difficult to make a true connection with for me now. Hell I struggle with being interested in TMNT. I loved TMNT as a kid, I also loved GI JOE but for some reason they do not resonate with me now like Transformers, Star Wars and other franchises do.

Toy Story does sound interesting as a theme and if done right might have me interested. Cactus Canyon should be announced in early 2021 as well.

What I would like to see in 2021...First is PP and CG get going on Adams Family. Right after Cactus they need to start churning out Adams like it was 1992 again. Pinball is coming back and everyone wants an Adams-let's go already!
Second is Stern needs to pull out a couple Vaults after they get caught back up. They need to do a 200 run of KISS Pro and a 300 run of Tron Pro. Two vaults in one year? Hell yea-fill the cup up.

Godzilla in spring should be interesting as well

#12199 3 years ago

Boiled some water and steeped some tea this morning. I dumped the leaves onto the floor and began stirring them around like gumbo. A witch doctor appeared from behind a cloud of smoke and he began to read what was written. It revealed Stern’s lineup and is listed below. He prescribed 4 aspirin and a bottle of tequila and then he vanished.

2020 - LZ

2021 - Godzilla, BTTF, Bond,

2022 - SW vault, Harry Potter

#12200 3 years ago
B79C5B59-5FFE-4A6C-B954-10338915D072 (resized).jpegB79C5B59-5FFE-4A6C-B954-10338915D072 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/244 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.