Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 924.
#12101 3 years ago

Zeppelin is a single level game.

Confirmed!

#12102 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Zeppelin is a single level game.
Confirmed!

Confirmed from where?

#12103 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Troy call outs for sure .

Choot'em 'issa-beth!

#12104 3 years ago

You know, I think a bunch of bored people sit around all weekend thinking, "Hey! I can make up some BS rumor about a new Stern game and see if it's true on Tuesday...then if it is, I can say I called it!"

And I've NEVER heard a Stern employee call a new game a dud before as was claimed in the other thread. Yeah...let's diss our new product. That'll be good for business and my future employment...

#12105 3 years ago

Damn, Pinside be like...
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#12106 3 years ago

I think it’s high time for a punk pin. Punk rock and pinball are like PB&J. Obviously it won’t be the next stern but I’ve got music pins in my mind for some reason. Haha. Ramones pin I think would do well but I’d prefer a Dead Kennedys or Bad Religion. Probably won’t happen but a boy can dream. I also think Jack White would be rad tunes for a pin but he’s had so many bands I don’t know how that would work.

Also Deadflip said that he was told not to do Beetlejuice as a homebrew theme so I hope stern is going to make that happen. Instant buy for me. Although it seems like Nightmare Before Christmas would have been made by now if it weren’t for licensing issues. Wonder if Tim Burton isn’t a fan of pinball.

#12107 3 years ago

Most definitely into a Ramones pin and although not “punk” I think a DEVO pin would be a hell of a lot of fun. The Stooges and The Misfits would be great punk themes too. Also... A Turbonegro ‘Apocalypse Dudes’ pins would be a f’n dream. But that’ll never happen haha

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I think it’s high time for a punk pin. Punk rock and pinball are like PB&J. Obviously it won’t be the next stern but I’ve got music pins in my mind for some reason. Haha. Ramones pin I think would do well but I’d prefer a Dead Kennedys or Bad Religion. Probably won’t happen but a boy can dream. I also think Jack White would be rad tunes for a pin but he’s had so many bands I don’t know how that would work.
Also Deadflip said that he was told not to do Beetlejuice as a homebrew theme so I hope stern is going to make that happen. Instant buy for me. Although it seems like Nightmare Before Christmas would have been made by now if it weren’t for licensing issues. Wonder if Tim Burton isn’t a fan of pinball.

#12108 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’d do Ramones all day. Seen Bad Religion a ton, even a buddy of mine joined the tour as a semi roadie for a few shows 20+ years ago after a show in Las Vegas. Graffin is awesome.

#12109 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Most definitely into a Ramones pin and although not “punk” I think a DEVO pin would be a hell of a lot of fun.

DEVO and/or Ramones = I upvote you x1000.

#12110 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Most definitely into a Ramones pin and although not “punk” I think a DEVO pin would be a hell of a lot of fun. The Stooges and The Misfits would be great punk themes too. Also... A Turbonegro ‘Apocalypse Dudes’ pins would be a f’n dream. But that’ll never happen haha

DEVO is an instant buy for me. It just the pin I want!

#12111 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Rancid !!

#12112 3 years ago
8ACBC3CF-4B6A-438C-B675-BE697C60390E (resized).jpeg8ACBC3CF-4B6A-438C-B675-BE697C60390E (resized).jpeg
#12113 3 years ago

I liked Godzilla movies as much as the next person as a kid, but for some reason the idea of a Godzilla pin just doesn't inspire me to say I gotta have it. I'm sure Keith could do it justice, but Bond or Jaws would definitely be better for my taste. Sounds like these all are most likely in the works at Stern. At least we know that BTTF is out of the picture.

#12114 3 years ago

Punk music would have to rank low as a candidate for a music-themed pinball. I can see it earning in a bar at a venue that hosts punk bands - CBGB's or First Avenue, say. Otherwise, I envision a punk pinball turning people off and earning terribly in any other setting. Good Punk music is actually unpleasant to listen to for all but the initiated - and that's part of the point. If you put a machine in a bar with a broad-cross-section clientele and it blares Bad Religion or DK, it will piss off about 90% of the patrons. Doesn't sound like a good earner to me. A DEVO pin - as fun as that would be - would be a New-Wave pin, not a Punk one. A Ramones pin, too, would be something other than a true Punk pin. It's likely you will get plenty of future music pins and that they will all be rock themed. Never jazz. Never country. Never death metal. Never Punk. The two non-rock genres that may see pindom are hip-hop and EDM, but that's a good decade off.

#12115 3 years ago

I’d happily do Misfits too.

#12116 3 years ago

Fugazi would be an awesome (punkish) theme, but too niche.

And Sex Pistols would be cool with all the imagery and history.

#12117 3 years ago

Not punk, but genre adjacent and wide appealing enough would be The Clash. But they can also be kinda abrasive.

#12118 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The Ramones and The Misfits would be incredible!

#12119 3 years ago

Punk, heavy metal, and rock n' roll...

I think Motörhead covers all the bases.

motorhead-1978 (resized).jpgmotorhead-1978 (resized).jpg
#12120 3 years ago

The Clash would be cool, some Rock the Casbah multiball!

#12121 3 years ago

Motorhead would be killer

Quoted from sunnRAT:

I think Motörhead covers all the bases. [quoted image]

#12122 3 years ago

I still want to see an NWA pin made Express Yourself!

#12123 3 years ago

Oh yeah. Motörhead. That’s doing something for me. My pants got tighter. RIP Lemmy!

#12124 3 years ago

Turn it up.

#12125 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I liked Godzilla movies as much as the next person as a kid, but for some reason the idea of a Godzilla pin just doesn't inspire me to say I gotta have it. I'm sure Keith could do it justice, but Bond or Jaws would definitely be better for my taste. Sounds like these all are most likely in the works at Stern. At least we know that BTTF is out of the picture.

Why do you think BTTF is out of the picture? I think it will be released next year

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12126 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I think Motörhead covers all the bases. [quoted image]

This would be my choice, after Taylor Swift of course.

I kid, I kid...

#12127 3 years ago

Some of my mates in music are agitating big time for a general 'Funk' genre pinball. Would be a nice change from Rock of every flavor forever....Surely that's an easy music theme to do and can't that expensive to license misc classic funk. Imagine if they threw in some Chappelle themed v/o's too 'I'm Rick James B*tch'

#12128 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The Clash would be cool, some Rock the Casbah multiball!

"The Magnificent Seven" Multiball with 7 balls instead of 6 ... (btw I love the intro of that song man, that bass sounds like a Chuck Norris badass movie )

#12129 3 years ago

Rancid, pretty please!

#12130 3 years ago
43EAC1E0-0D5D-4A4F-AA76-83CE565A8EF2 (resized).jpeg43EAC1E0-0D5D-4A4F-AA76-83CE565A8EF2 (resized).jpeg
#12131 3 years ago

BTTF coming 2021 per rumors from Joe K. Stern has been recreating several of their old licenses from the past, like TMNT. BTTF is just one of those licenses, that Joe K. has access to, like he did when they originally made BTTF. Make no mistake, BTTF 2 is coming, probably as the next boutique game, that was missed this year.

#12132 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

BTTF coming 2021 per rumors from Joe K. Stern has been recreating several of their old licenses from the past, like TMNT. BTTF is just one of those licenses, that Joe K. has access to, like he did when they originally made BTTF. Make no mistake, BTTF 2 is coming, probably as the next boutique game, that was missed this year.

Hoping it's not a boutique release but I can see that being the case in this situation. I will take it however I can get it though!

#12133 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

People I speak with have a NDA, so I wouldn't just spill the beans for internet clout. I did drop a hint to see if people pick it up. I'll revisit the hint when the pin is released! It's not an obvious hint btw.

Ok waiting to see your hint

#12134 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

He specifically said that the next pin wouldn’t be zeppelin. Dude is full of bologna.

#12135 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Hoping it's not a boutique release but I can see that being the case in this situation. I will take it however I can get it though!

There’s been no confirmation, but if it does happen it will be at BM66, EHOH Premium+ pricing model, whoever ends up making a new BTTF has to be smart enough to know they will sell like hotcakes.

#12136 3 years ago

Well now that LZ is confirmed.

Bill & Ted from Brian Eddy must be next .............

bt (resized).JPGbt (resized).JPG
#12137 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Bill & Ted from Brian Eddy must be next

Not sure about B & T for a pinball? The recent movie was streamed and straight to Redbox? Not much of a following. Cool 80's movie, but I can think of better ones. Starting to run low on good potential themes-not many left that are epic imo. BTTF, Beetlejuice, Jaws, Mission Impossible, Godzilla, Queen, Van Halen then what? Toy Story or Scooby Doo? Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber?
It will be interesting over the next decade what themes can be pulled out of the hat. It surly can't be any worse than the stellar themes chosen by Gottlieb during their last decade in business.

#12138 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

When I said Stern's next title was going to be released soon (2 weeks ago), people said I was full of BS, and my response was "I don't get a whole lotta love here", which is an obvious Led Zeppelin song. I also posted I don't want to spoil it, it's not Led Zeppelin, meaning it is Led Zeppelin. Like I don't want to spoil it for you, Santa is Real. I also said now, (meaning before the year ends) would be good timing to release this machine as it's Zeppelin's 50th anniversary.

#12139 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

When I said Stern's next title was going to be released soon (2 weeks ago), people said I was full of BS, and my response was "I don't get a whole lotta love here", which is an obvious Led Zeppelin song. I also posted I don't want to spoil it, it's not Led Zeppelin, meaning it is Led Zeppelin. Like I don't want to spoil it for you, Santa is Real. I also said now, (meaning before the year ends) would be good timing to release this machine as it's Zeppelin's 50th anniversary.

Led Zep I release date was Jan 12 - 1969:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin_(album)

...so yeah...50th Anniversary would have been a year ago

My fave off this one is "Communication Breakdown" .... almost has a punk energy vibe - way before punk. I hope Stern includes it on the pin!

#12140 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not sure about B & T for a pinball? The recent movie was streamed and straight to Redbox? Not much of a following. Cool 80's movie, but I can think of better ones. Starting to run low on good potential themes-not many left that are epic imo. BTTF, Beetlejuice, Jaws, Mission Impossible, Godzilla, Queen, Van Halen then what? Toy Story or Scooby Doo? Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber?
It will be interesting over the next decade what themes can be pulled out of the hat. It surly can't be any worse than the stellar themes chosen by Gottlieb during their last decade in business.

BTTF, Bond and Die Hard would be must haves for me, unless they screw them up completely.

#12141 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

When I said Stern's next title was going to be released soon (2 weeks ago), people said I was full of BS, and my response was "I don't get a whole lotta love here", which is an obvious Led Zeppelin song. I also posted I don't want to spoil it, it's not Led Zeppelin, meaning it is Led Zeppelin

So guessing it's LZ but if it's not LZ I'm covered?
Asshat in every thread !
Hitting the " blocking you now button"

#12142 3 years ago
Quoted from Inpw:

BTTF, Bond and Die Hard

Forgot about Bond, Rush and the eventual pinsider willed into existence Black Sabbath (not sure if Die Hard would be worthy?)
Next!.pngNext!.png

#12143 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So guessing it's LZ but if it's not LZ I'm covered?
Asshat in every thread !
Hitting the " blocking you now button"

Lol

Quoted from Pinballer67:

Led Zep I release date was Jan 12 - 1969:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin_(album)
...so yeah...50th Anniversary would have been a year ago
My fave off this one is "Communication Breakdown" .... almost has a punk energy vibe - way before punk. I hope Stern includes it on the pin!

Band was formed in 1968 first album 69 so either way it isn’t their 50th this year.

Yep, great song and an absolute must have on this game in my opinion.

#12144 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

He specifically said that the next pin wouldn’t be zeppelin. Dude is full of bologna.

Claiming reverse psychology now

#12145 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

You say a lot of things. Something has to stick. Stop being such an attention whore.

#12146 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:Claiming reverse psychology now

Ramble on

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You say a lot of things. Something has to stick. Stop being such an attention whore.

Sing my song

#12147 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

It was predicted at least 6 months ago in this thread, so need something about the actual game, if you want to shine.

#12148 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next pin reveal due 17 January
I was way off and Stern released pin 42 days ahead of prediction. Next Stern Pin due to be revealed in 17 January. Math below.
Predicted Reveal date: 1/17/2020
Last year we had Munsters, Black Knight, Jurassic Park, and Stranger Things. So far this year all we've had is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Avengers Infinity War as a cornerstone game following the pro/premium/LE model. On top of that, if you are only measuring time between cornerstone games launched in the past 3 years (after switching over to LCD), you come up with 137 days between releases. Therefore, I am going to official predict an official reveal around 17 January.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
The average time between releases is now 137 days.
Next Stern Stern Pin is due on or about 17 January.
No idea what the game is or who is on code.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Godzilla,
It's going to be Godzilla.
I sourced the reasons for my speculation below.
1. It is widely believed that Stern has this specific license. We know that Spooky went after the license and was rebuffed https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-spooky-pinball-no-godzilla-license-franchi-on-munsters-and-or-beatles-pinburgh-stream-when-will-we-see-deadpool-more/. There is heavy speculation Spooky and Stern got in a bidding war over this one, and I think we can all agree Stern has more resources than Spooky https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-godzilla.
2. There have been hints I've seen from supposed insiders, "it's going to be a monster of a game". https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-stern-titles-on-backorder-2020#post-6004004 If true, the monster theme would line up perfectly here.
3. Release would line up or would have lined up with original planned release date of new Godzilla movie originally schedule for November 30th, 2020, now releasing in May 2021. https://www.ign.com/articles/godzilla-vs-kong-hbo-max-streaming-option-after-netflix-failed-offer. This changed release date did not occur until June. I don't know how long the supply chain is in Pinball manufacturing, but Stern may have already been committed to ordering parts for production by this time.
4. Stern has a solid history of building pinball machines previously licensed by it’s ancestor companies, Data East and Sega. It has built Jurassic Park, Batman, Star Wars, Simpsons, Star Trek, Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, WWF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_released_by_Data_East https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_Pinball_machines There was a Sega Godzilla machine released in 1998. https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/godzilla
For these reasons I'm guessing it is going to be Godzilla. Not only do we "know" Stern has this license, but there have been hints from supposed insiders that its a monster game, and the timeline lines up with the original release of an accompanying movie.
[quoted image]

Next pin reveal due 28 April

Stern delivered a month early this time!

Math below.

Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 134 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 28 April.
My money is still on Godzilla based on the quoted post above AND the fact the new Godzilla movie is due out Early May.

#12149 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It was predicted at least 6 months ago in this thread, so need something about the actual game, if you want to shine.

The Topper is a Zeppelin / that "floats / flies".

#12150 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

The Topper is a Zeppelin / that "floats / flies".

This is Stern...it's a plastic cut out with LEDs, and wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it to $1200 because it has some sort of song attached to it that will be unlocked in the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/243 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.