Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 938.
#11951 3 years ago

It is a STAR WARS re skin
Maybe WNBJM re skin

#11952 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Who will have the first LZ playfield chip? Could you win the lottery?

JJP

#11953 3 years ago

Just wouldn't be pinside without all the haters. Us old guys get a pin once in awhile too , I have no interest in tmnt or avengers. But I don't trash them.

#11954 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just wouldn't be pinside without all the haters. Us old guys get a pin once in awhile too , I have no interest in tmnt or avengers. But I don't trash them.

Hay, farmer...stop making sense. There's no call for logic in these parts.

#11955 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm definitely not trying to hate. If my pops was into pinball I would buy this for him for Christmas. I think the game is going to do well and obviously Stairway to Heaven isn't the best song suited for pinball but most of their music sounds like the end of Stairway and not like the rest of it. It's going to be a banger for the older crowd but as an operator I'm just saying the majority of my customers won't drop a quarter into it. This game is aimed at the established collector crowd and all I'm saying is the next one will be aimed at mass appeal. Which means it certainly not Jaws.

#11956 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It will certainly be a nice break from the superhero stuff, I agree.

How many songs make it from 'Houses of the Holy'?

#11957 3 years ago

I didn't point to anyone, just saying. The games I don't like were all still good players, but theme is as important to me as play. But I'm old, not a tourney player. So I do get it.

#11958 3 years ago

Typically tho, music pins don't vend very good anyways right? At least the few people I know who put on location tell me

#11959 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Typically tho, music pins don't vend very good anyways right? At least the few people I know who put on location tell me

It depends. Maiden has been my best performing pin while Aerosmith was a total clunker. I think it all comes down to fun factor in the end. It's not the initial quarter drop that makes money its the return quarters that make or break a game on location. I'm not pointing fingers either but a year ago the old guard absolutely ripped Stranger Things to shreds and it's one of my favorite games in my collection. So I guess what goes around comes around. Again, wish my dad cared about pinball because I'd love the excuse to buy it. Same way I feel about Hot Wheels. If I had kids I would have taken that as a good enough excuse.

#11960 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It depends. Maiden has been my best performing pin while Aerosmith was a total clunker. I think it all comes down to fun factor in the end. It's not the initial quarter drop that makes money its the return quarters that make or break a game on location. I'm not pointing fingers either but a year ago the old guard absolutely ripped Stranger Things to shreds and it's one of my favorite games in my collection. So I guess what goes around comes around. Again, wish my dad cared about pinball because I'd love the excuse to buy it. Same way I feel about Hot Wheels. If I had kids I would have taken that as a good enough excuse.

Not sure what your definition of old is or what kind of locations your games are in but you don’t need to be 50+ to enjoy LZ or classic rock in general.
I guess if your rock n roll machines are sitting at chuckie cheese then they may not do well.

#11961 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can order a LZ LE?

#11962 3 years ago

Not sure what qualifies as a pin for old guys, but I would love to see something with Charles Bronson* or Lee Van Cleef.

*The actor, kids. Not the 'famous' prisoner with an identity crisis.

#11963 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Just email Cointaker and tell them to put you on the LE list.

#11965 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Picked up Stranger Things pro for the family for Christmas. I have not watched the show but enjoyed the crap out of playing it. Was going to get AFM but the family and I prefer ST. It’s just fun imo. Have a deposit down for EHOH but may transfer it to Zep if it’s good. Still worried about their music transitioning to a pin. AC/DC is hard rocking but not sure Zeppelin is enough for a pin. Aerosmith was meh also music wise for me. Big fan of Zeppelin also, but have to be honest and not just a fan boy.

#11966 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

#11967 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure what your definition of old is or what kind of locations your games are in but you don’t need to be 50+ to enjoy LZ or classic rock in general.
I guess if your rock n roll machines are sitting at chuckie cheese then they may not do well.

21+ my guy.

#11968 3 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

I’m wondering too and how orders are open already but hey - why not!
Looks like this may ship before that 2k plus backlog. Just seems crazy.

#11969 3 years ago

I will be a little cautious if its a sexton coded game. BKsor is a little disjointed and messy. He didn't exactly blow me away with his coding expertise thats for sure.

#11970 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I’m 34 and much more excited for LZ than another super hero pin. Really tired of those and love Zepplin.

#11971 3 years ago

So will people start dumping AIQ to get Zeppelin?

#11972 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Picked up Stranger Things pro for the family for Christmas. I have not watched the show but enjoyed the crap out of playing it. Was going to get AFM but the family and I prefer ST. It’s just fun imo. Have a deposit down for EHOH but may transfer it to Zep if it’s good. Still worried about their music transitioning to a pin. AC/DC is hard rocking but not sure Zeppelin is enough for a pin. Aerosmith was meh also music wise for me. Big fan of Zeppelin also, but have to be honest and not just a fan boy.

While I am anxious to get zepp, it would be hard for me to drop ehoh to do so. Its such a great game. You will prob get lz before ehoh tho

#11973 3 years ago

So will people start dumping AIQ to get Zeppelin?

Happy for the LZ fans, but my AIQ will be staying.

#11974 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

While I am anxious to get zepp, it would be hard for me to drop ehoh to do so. Its such a great game. You will prob get lz before ehoh tho

EHOH is definitely a fun deep pin and my wife and daughters love Halloween. So probably will have to get Elvira. But my 50th birthday is next month and if Zep is good may have to ask for it.

#11975 3 years ago

Stick with EHOH, it’s amazing.

EHOH is definitely a fun deep pin and my wife and daughters love Halloween. So probably will have to get Elvira. But my 50th birthday is next month and if Zep is good may have to ask for it.

#11976 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Stick with EHOH, it’s amazing.

I don’t think I have a real choice lol. Wife definitely wants it. I was really surprised by Elvira. Didn’t look that deep or fun by first appearance. Really blew me away once I got into it

#11977 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I will be a little cautious if its a sexton coded game. BKsor is a little disjointed and messy. He didn't exactly blow me away with his coding expertise thats for sure.

I’m happy to give him a first game pass on that one. The real litmus test will be how he goes on LZ. Ritchie seems to have a lot of positive things to say about him and he has worked with most coders in the industry

#11978 3 years ago

I wasn’t impressed at release...waited a year and the code and rules became immensely deep thanks to Lyman. I honestly think it’s one of the best fan layout pins ever made. I prefer it over MM and AFM. Total knock out for Stern.

I don’t think I have a real choice lol. Wife definitely wants it. I was really surprised by Elvira. Didn’t look that deep or fun by first appearance. Really blew me away once I got into it

#11979 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I wasn’t impressed at release...waited a year and the code and rules became immensely deep thanks to Lyman. I honestly think it’s one of the best fan layout pins ever made. I prefer it over MM and AFM. Total knock out for Stern.

I did same. Was so disappointed on release. I think it has a couple of good updates still to come

#11980 3 years ago

It's great you all are happy about Zep but JJP GNR is wayyyyyy better no matter what!

I smell a weak machine coming.

Much like Rolling Stones

#11981 3 years ago

Definitely...there are four films on the backglass that havnt even been represented in the game yet. If they all get included the game will be just MASSIVE. It’s already crazy.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I did same. Was so disappointed on release. I think it has a couple of good updates still to come

#11982 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Happy for the LZ fans, but my AIQ will be staying.

I would think most would at least see through AIQ to 1.0 code. AIQ is finally starting to hit with me. I liked it right away, then frustrated the hell out of me, but now I really love it. It helps that I finally put carpet sliders under my games and I can really nudge.....

Looking forward to seeing LZ as I really like ritchie games. If this means someone wants to sell me their BK SOR cheap ill jump on it

#11983 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

What about rereleasing lord of the rings with an lcd and actual movie scenes? What do you guys think about this?
This would be a premium vault edition and the same game just lcd upgrade and movie cuts.

I am down..Do that with Game of Thrones also...

#11984 3 years ago

FREEBIRD!!!! If I leave here tomoooooorrrooowwwwwww

#11985 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

If I could have a beer with a pinsider of my choice it would definitely be mnpinball.
He seems to have a crystal ball and is always correct. Who is he ????

Seriously, I need this man to confirm or deny a future for BTTF.

1C0CD03F-0ACA-43EA-A395-A55D13EA4A4D (resized).png1C0CD03F-0ACA-43EA-A395-A55D13EA4A4D (resized).png
#11986 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m happy to give him a first game pass on that one. The real litmus test will be how he goes on LZ. Ritchie seems to have a lot of positive things to say about him and he has worked with most coders in the industry

Yeah he may have learned from his 1st attempt. Possibly got more time on this title also.

#11987 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

It's great you all are happy about Zep but JJP GNR is wayyyyyy better no matter what!
I smell a weak machine coming.
Much like Rolling Stones

Let’s see just googled top 50 rock bands of all time:
1. Beatles
2. Pink Floyd
3. The Who
4. Rolling Stones
5. Led Zeppelin

GNR didn’t even make the top 50 cut, although Slash is quite the guitarist for sure....

28053259-1CEA-4959-8997-7F01A416D0F5 (resized).jpeg28053259-1CEA-4959-8997-7F01A416D0F5 (resized).jpeg
#11988 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Let’s see just googled top 50 rock bands of all time:
1. Beatles
2. Pink Floyd
3. The Who
4. Rolling Stones
5. Led Zeppelin
GNR didn’t even make the top 50 cut, although Slash is quite the guitarist for sure....[quoted image]

Eagles is a terrible idea for a pinball machine

#11989 3 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

am i the only one who hates lcd? give me dmd or give me death.

Yes

#11990 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Eagles is a terrible idea for a pinball machine

Totally would be a terrible theme and songs for a pin.

#11991 3 years ago

I can’t even speculate what will be the difference from pro to premium. Trying to visualize some toys and layout that is inspired from the album covers or songs but just can’t for the life of me. At least cool ones like the hells bell, molded train, and TNT detonator in AC/DC. A stairway to heaven just seems lane imo. Or a Misty Mountain.

#11993 3 years ago

I can’t even speculate what will be the difference from pro to premium. Trying to visualize some toys and layout that is inspired from the album covers or songs but just can’t for the life of me. At least cool ones like the hells bell, molded train, and TNT detonator in AC/DC. A stairway to heaven just seems lane imo. Or a Misty Mountain.

There will surely be a Zeppelin/Mothership Blimp toy right?

#11994 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There will surely be a Zeppelin/Mothership Blimp toy right?

You would think. It’s just the incorporation of it will have to be seen. Just can’t put one in there just for the sake of it. This is why I am holding my excitement back.

#11995 3 years ago

They should have used the crowd noise from the beginning of The Song Remains the Same

Every Zep fan would have known exactly what it was.

#11996 3 years ago

Respect to Zeppelin and Ritchie, but I'll pass on it. Meanwhile I'll keep playing R&M and push the 'reset button' once again in hope for Jaws or something Stern that I actually want to own next year... Another reason to say goodbye to 2020, it's been a 'Sternless' year for me across the board.

#11997 3 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Respect to Zeppelin and Ritchie, but I'll pass on it. Meanwhile I'll keep playing R&M and push the 'reset button' once again in hope for Jaws or something Stern that I actually want to own next year... Another reason to say goodbye to 2020, it's been a 'Sternless' year for me across the board.

Would love a Godzilla pin.

#11998 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Iron Maiden did great on location, both Pro and Premium. AC/DC LE did great. Metallica did really well. KISS did ok. Aerosmith did terrible - not Munsters terrible, but really bad.

#11999 3 years ago

I just hope the art is drawn cartoon-style like Metallica rather than photoshop montage like AC/DC. The potential for drawn art is great.

LZ-backglass.jpgLZ-backglass.jpg
#12000 3 years ago

Fact.

In 15 years...there are going to be a ton of old man pinball themed machines on the market. Widows fretting over how to get rid of it. Nobody wanting them. Avengers and TMNT....have 50+ of years Of fan base left.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/240?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.