Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,857 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 938.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Doublestack, I did not use the word "investment". I would like my machines to retain some sense of value over time not to be impacted by the company reissuing.

Do you get mad at Ford when they come out with the next year's model Mustang? Because those are totally devaluing the one you bought last year.

It's a box of lights and coils meant to entertain for a few minutes in exchange for some coins. It's only a collectable to a tiny, rabid fanbase.

#1102 6 years ago

Stern's next pin will be termite ridden out of the box. Have 2 flippers. 1, maybe 2 ramps and a bash toy that breaks after 1 hit. Cost $8000 for a pro and burst into flames when you reach the wizard mode. Or at least eventually will, once they finally finish the code.

Sorry, Only thing I could think of that's worse that what is being put out currently.

#1103 6 years ago

They need to upgrade Tron ala Batman '66. LCD with scenes from Legacy as well as custom animation. Lighted ramps as well as all color changing LED's under the inserts. Custom made light cycles. Full arcade machine mod.

Regular VE stay on the same hardware, as Stern has stated, but Batman '66 shows they will upgrade under the right conditions. What conditions are better than Tron?

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They need to upgrade Tron ala Batman '66. LCD with scenes from Legacy as well as custom animation. Lighted ramps as well as all color changing LED's under the inserts. Custom made light cycles. Full arcade machine mod.
Regular VE stay on the same hardware, as Stern has stated, but Batman '66 shows they will upgrade under the right conditions. What conditions are better than Tron?

Sold my Tron to experience new games, but that would definitely be a reason for me to buy it again! AC/DC VE this year, what's coming next year?

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Do you get mad at Ford when they come out with the next year's model Mustang.

Yes I did when they came out with the Mustang 2. What a horrible car that was.

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Stern's next pin will be termite ridden out of the box. Have 2 flippers. 1, maybe 2 ramps and a bash toy that breaks after 1 hit. Cost $8000 for a pro and burst into flames when you reach the wizard mode. Or at least eventually will, once they finally finish the code.
Sorry, Only thing I could think of that's worse that what is being put out currently.

You must not have played any of their recent games. I think they're all great.

But then again, I just f**king love pinball.

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Good point.

That would be cool.

They can fix the GEM shot too

If Stern gave TSPP the BM66 treatment I would buy it day one before even selling my previous generation TSPP as that is my all time favorite Stern ever. I dont care about the old one losing value. As long as the new one carries over Keefers rules & they add full LCD animations I'd be on board. If they add Marge/Lisa to the audio I'd probably bring a hundred candy bars to the factory tour for the workers & hug everyone.

Or I'd stay home, eat 100 candy bars & play TSPPve2.0

Either is fine

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If they add Marge/Lisa to the audio I'd probably bring a hundred candy bars to the factory tour for the workers & hug everyone.

I have never played TSPP in a home environment so I have never heard the audio, didn't realise Marge and Lisa where not in the games audio, can pinball browser not be used on whitestar games?

I am currently looking for a nice TSPP, but I would buy a TSPP VE with LCD in a heartbeat.

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Damn right, now hurry up Stern with my TSPP VE

I'm not worried. I'm sure my beat up routed Simpsons will still be worth more than your LCD screen, mint condition VE

#1110 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I'm not worried. I'm sure my beat up routed Simpsons will still be worth more than your LCD screen, mint condition VE

Good, because what would you have to worry about

Vault Editions don't hurt the original games unless those original releases are in high demand or/and commanding silly money on the used market, then all that happens is the pricing levels itself out a little back down towards sensible numbers, that's why we have seen VE of SM, IM, ACDC and it is why I believe TRON is likely next.

I am currently on the hunt for a nice TSPP and a VE will probably never happen but if it did there would be plenty of people interested, myself included, but I am pretty sure there would still be as many equally as interested in the original or either.

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Good, because what would you have to worry about
Vault Editions don't hurt the original games unless those original releases are in high demand or/and commanding silly money on the used market, then all that happens is the pricing levels itself out a little back down towards sensible numbers, that's why we have seen VE of SM, IM, ACDC and it is why I believe TRON is likely next.
I am currently on the hunt for a nice TSPP and a VE will probably never happen but if it did there would be plenty of people interested, myself included, but I am pretty sure there would still be as many equally as interested in the original or either.

I was joking about it lol. The VE would definitely be worth alot more than my tspp with a faded cabinet. I bet they would look nice.

Tspp imo is Stern's best game. Iwould definitely buy tspp VE. $5500 shipped sounds fair to me

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I was joking about it lol. The VE would definitely be worth alot more than my tspp with a faded cabinet. I bet they would look nice.
Tspp imo is Stern's best game. Iwould definitely buy tspp VE. $5500 shipped sounds fair to me

I don't know vault editions haven't really had much effect on originals values, some don't like the VE at all and prefer the originals, others don't mind either. And faded cabinets aren't the deal breaker they once where with decals available from multiple soruces, its a funny market at the moment, that's for sure, one thing we can be sure on, is that a TSPP VE would probably be more like $8500

#1113 6 years ago

I'd think $7500, like the SM VE. Considering the feature load vs. the current "PRO" level of pin that would make sense. But you can get a TSPP for less than that all day every day, right?

#1114 6 years ago

Does someone know if new stern game will be announced at expo?
Thanks

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Does someone know if new stern game will be announced at expo?
Thanks

When I asked that on their Facebook page the other day, they replied, "Not planned."

#1116 6 years ago

They are leaving the expo light to shine on JJP.

#1117 6 years ago

That's awfully kind of Stern...and with Spooky M.I.A. also, that leaves the spotlight for JJP!

#1118 6 years ago

They need to, they have how many games now that need software?

#1119 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They need to, they have how many games now that need software?

From their seminar/talk which was embarrassingly weak, George confirms/admits his code studio is working around the clock and from a comment along the lines of "even at late hours if you drive past the factory there is usually a light on in the code studio" suggest their often working out of hours, which aint fair on those guys.

#1120 6 years ago

I don't know what the next machine will be but the game has just been upped by JJP....

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I don't know what the next machine will be but the game has just been upped by JJP....

No doubt......good God! JJP POTC is stunning!

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

From their seminar/talk which was embarrassingly weak, George confirms/admits his code studio is working around the clock and from a comment along the lines of "even at late hours if you drive past the factory there is usually a light on in the code studio" suggest their often working out of hours, which aint fair on those guys.

Yeah they admit the software team is overworked and the global pinball market is growing. Why doesnt Stern just hire more coders? I guess they appear to be okay with the current status quo since they said nothing about how they were going to improve code development going forward.

#1123 6 years ago

If Stern continue with stripped down games going forward, more important than ever they they code games to the absolute max.

They have been complacent for far too long.

POTC is just jam packed.

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

JJP raised the game on their debut with WOZ and they raised it again with DI, Stern haven't responded other than raise their prices.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If Stern continue with stripped down games going forward, more important than ever they code games to the absolute max.
They have been complacent for far too long.

How long has JJP been around? I haven't seen Stern come out with a jam packed game other than GB and as for code that issue is worse than ever, Gomez said as much at Expo, his code studio cannot keep up and are already working flat out!

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yeah they admit the software team is overworked and the global pinball market is growing. Why doesnt Stern just hire more coders? I guess they appear to be okay with the current status quo since they said nothing about how they were going to improve code development going forward.

Only two answers they are still being complacent or overly confident they can continue to over promise and under deliver and not loose customers/their delusional 90% market share.

I really hope they pull their heads out their asses because the talent under the Stern roof is capable of making phenomenal games.

#1126 6 years ago

POTC vault?

#1127 6 years ago

I kind of doubt that! lol

#1128 6 years ago

April Wine pinball with a "Just between you and me" mode and changeable Canadian cities that do nothing. Lyman will be on the code for 24 months.

1 week later
#1129 6 years ago

maybe theyre waiting, and there next game will be jurassic world 2

#1130 6 years ago

Elvira is due out August 2018 ..
I know this from my visit to the factory

20170504_111316 (resized).jpg20170504_111316 (resized).jpg

20170504_105853 (resized).jpg20170504_105853 (resized).jpg

20170504_112456 (resized).jpg20170504_112456 (resized).jpg

20170504_112349 (resized).jpg20170504_112349 (resized).jpg

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I doubt people are going to jump feet first at the next release of such a high priced item coming from a company that can't keep their promises and corrects their problems by changing their legal lingo.

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I doubt people are going to jump feet first at the next release of such a high priced item coming from a company that can't keep their promises and corrects their problems by changing their legal lingo.

Doubt what you want. Doesn't change reality. A Tron upgraded in such a way would fly off the factory floor.

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Doubt what you want. Doesn't change reality. A Tron upgraded in such a way would fly off the factory floor.

I wouldn't be so sure. The high rollers got burnt with BM66 and I doubt they will have repeated customers at that price point with the way Stern is treating their high end customers now. And reality has changed whether you want to face those facts or not is up to you. I can just point at the Stern's expo attendance VS JJPs as one example. I'm just being realistic about the entire thing. Just answer this question for me

How do you charge some clients $18,000, promise then bi-weekly code updates until it's done, make said clients wait more than 365 days for beta code (and counting), not honour those promises, not make an update available at Expo and still think they will support you on your next release?

#1134 6 years ago

I wouldn't be so sure. The high rollers got burnt with BM66 and I doubt they will have repeated customers at that price point with the way Stern is treating their high end customers now. And reality has changed whether you want to face those facts or not is up to you. I can just point at the Stern's expo attendance VS JJPs as one example. I'm just being realistic about the entire thing. Just answer this question for me
How do you charge some clients $18,000, promise then bi-weekly code updates until it's done, make said clients wait more than 365 days for beta code (and counting), not honour those promises, not make an update available at Expo and still think they will support you on your next release?

You're a long term Stern basher. Your opinion is a forgone conclusion, and thus utterly devoid of merit.

I've said it before and others agree with me. A updated Tron would fly off the factory floor.

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You're a long term Stern basher. Your opinion is a forgone conclusion, and thus utterly devoid of merit.
I've said it before and others agree with me. A updated Tron would fly off the factory floor.

You still haven't answered my question.

bm66-2 (resized).pngbm66-2 (resized).png

#1136 6 years ago

You still haven't answered my question.

I don't care about the Batman '66 code issues. They aren't relevant to Tron being successful.

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I don't care about the Batman '66 code issues. They aren't relevant to Tron being successful.

Still haven't answered my question... You don't care but I'm pretty sure that all bm66 buyers do...and they are the one with deep pockets.

#1138 6 years ago

Still haven't answered my question..

You must be hard of hearing.

I don't Pardon you (resized).JPGI don't Pardon you (resized).JPG

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You must be brain dead.

And your just trolling Stern love with nothing to back it up apart from smoke and mirrors. So I guess we'll leave it at that. LMAO.

#1140 6 years ago

And your just trolling Stern love with nothing to back it up apart from smoke and mirrors. So I guess we'll leave it at that. LMAO.

Well, when you outsell the competition 10-1......there's really nothing else you need to back it up.

#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Well, when you outsell the competition 10-1......there's really nothing else you need to back it up.

Ask Blackberry how that worked for them when Apple came out with the Iphone (june 2007) and get back to me. Here I'll give you a hint.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 10.44.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-24 at 10.44.34 AM (resized).png

#1142 6 years ago

Ask Blackberry how that worked for them when Apple came out with the Iphone and get back to me.

Stern level of incompetence isn't even in the same galaxy as Blackberry's!

And the competition doesn't have a Steve Jobs....so pointless comparison.

#1143 6 years ago

let's try this again..

"How do you charge some clients $18,000, promise then bi-weekly code updates until it's done, make said clients wait more than 365 days for beta code (and counting), not honour those promises, not make an update available at Expo and still think they will support you on your next release?"

Your current answers

Quoted from Sinestro:

Quoted from Sinestro:

You must be hard of hearing.

Quoted from Sinestro:

Quoted from Sinestro:

Stern level of incompetence isn't even in the same galaxy as Blackberry's!
And the competition doesn't have a Steve Jobs....so pointless comparison.

Do you really think those are viable?

#1144 6 years ago

let's try this again..
"How do you charge some clients $18,000, promise then bi-weekly code updates until it's done, make said clients wait more than 365 days for beta code (and counting), not honour those promises, not make an update available at Expo and still think they will support you on your next release?"
Your current answers

Do you really think those are viable?

I'm sorry. I was typing too fast. I'll type slower so that you small brain can process my reply.

Here we go......typing slower in 3...2....1

I don't care about the Batman '66 code issue. Stern always has code issues, and it doesn't stop them from selling games. Repeating your question over and over again isn't ineffective. It exposes your one track brain to Pinside.

If you continue to have trouble reading this reply, please let me know. I can type it in French, Canuk, and gender neutral gobbleygook. Whatever you prefer.

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I'm sorry. I was typing too fast. I'll type slower so that you small brain can process my reply.
Here we go......typing slower in 3...2....1
I don't care about the Batman '66 code issue. Stern always has code issues, and it doesn't stop them from selling games. Repeating your question over and over again isn't ineffective. It exposes your one track brain to Pinside.
If you continue to have trouble reading this reply, please let me know. I can type it in French, Canuk, and gender neutral gobbleygook. Whatever you prefer.

My question was not directed at you but in regards to the owners and how they feel and if you feel like they would all go jumping on the opportunity of being the first to own the next Super LE title...

We clearly know how you feel but how do you think they feel?

#1146 6 years ago

My question was not directed at you but in regards to the owners and how they feel and if you feel like they would all go jumping on the opportunity of being the first to own the next Super LE title...
We clearly know how you feel but how do you think they feel?

Moi, d'autres acheteurs sévères, c'est pareil. Le code est toujours un problème. Ne les empêche pas de vendre des jeux.

#1147 6 years ago

你们都是一堆麻木的!

#1148 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Moi, d'autres acheteurs sévères, c'est pareil. Le code est toujours un problème. Ne les empêche pas de vendre des jeux.

True that has been the case the last couple years, but things have got much worse on the code front and patience for code get shorter and shorter as prices get higher and higher.

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

You should have prefaced this with, "Pardon my French, but..."

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

said every industry giant and their hysterical fanboys immediately prior to competitors entering the market and devouring them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,857 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/23?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.