Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 938.
#11451 3 years ago

where's mnpinball when you need him!?

#11452 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope. Not happening.

Playing devils advocate here, what makes you so sure it’s not happening?

#11453 3 years ago

A release for Godzilla versus Kong could be perfect timing. $200 million wow.

https://www.ign.com/articles/godzilla-vs-kong-hbo-max-streaming-option-after-netflix-failed-offer

#11454 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Playing devils advocate here, what makes you so sure it’s not happening?

I want it to happen as much as anyone. There is a particular cadence of credible rumors when Stern gets a big license (LZ, JP, etc) and that hasn't been there with BTTF. Even some on here that are considered generally in the know have said that it is highly unlikely.

That combined with the historical challenges with the license make it unlikely. Tieing it to a movie that isn't real (BTTF4) makes no sense either. I hope it happens, but I don't think it will at this point.

#11455 3 years ago

Godzilla vs Kong pin could be awesome !

#11456 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Godzilla vs Kong pin could be awesome !

That’s code name for LZ vs Queen!

Battle of the bands.

#11457 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Zeppelin will be the best music pin ever made because .... they made the best music. Starting from there and if Steve Ritchie doesn’t muck things up by using a boring fan layout, these should sell ok. No way you’ll get 25% of the experience as GNR, but it will still be worth shooting and it could be a whole lotta fun. Looks like LZ will be followed next year by BTTF, Godzilla and then Jaws. I especially can’t wait for the latter two.

Yeah, no. The Beatles can make that claim and their pin disappoints.

#11458 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I want it to happen as much as anyone. There is a particular cadence of credible rumors when Stern gets a big license (LZ, JP, etc) and that hasn't been there with BTTF. Even some on here that are considered generally in the know have said that it is highly unlikely.
That combined with the historical challenges with the license make it unlikely. Tieing it to a movie that isn't real (BTTF4) makes no sense either. I hope it happens, but I don't think it will at this point.

Gotcha, fair enough. I think the biggest push to this rumor was that line by Kaminkow on the podcast, but that’s all theres really been, and I agree with you that’s not enough to hang your hat on. BTTF 4 or a reboot is never gonna happen so long as the Bobs are alive. They have been quoted as saying so.

I would like to see it happen too. I have the original Data East game because I’m a huge fan of the franchise and pinball. It’s a huge movie, one of few “perfect” movies in existence and recognizable by almost everyone on the planet. I’d argue that if they were to make a pin, it would outpace and outsell Avengers IQ. One would think that Stern would want to make this game, but to do it right you need the assets which I’m willing to bet is the issue, as others have mentioned already. Beyond the title, you need MJF, Lloyd, the Delorean, and the music at the very least, and most likely Biff because a villain would help beyond the “return to 1985” angle. Regardless, they would have to do justice to the franchise, or don’t do it at all. I’m sure the Bobs would agree.

#11459 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

where's mnpinball when you need him!?

I hope he is well, enjoying live and pinball.

#11460 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope. Not happening.

I believe you on the film not happening, but the pinball machine based on movie 1 is still in the works.

I found a video of BTTF4 based on the computer game trilogy and it covers the complete trilogy. That alone is probably better than a fourth real movie would have been.

#11461 3 years ago

After watching Tropic Thunder I change my vote.

The call outs alone would be a riot

#11462 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

After watching Tropic Thunder I change my vote.
The call outs alone would be a riot

Tropic Thunder is a masterpiece. Shame that they've edited it to be politically correct in various ways on most of the airings I've caught lately, which is the antithesis of what the movie is actually ABOUT.

#11463 3 years ago

How hard could it really be to regain the BTTF rights. I mean, none of the actors to my knowledge are acting right now. Most hang their hat on that movie and would make sense to profit from it again. Michael Fox has a foundation that I’m sure would benefit from royalties. What’s so horrible about having your likeness on a freaking pinball machine!? Christopher Lloyd is a great character actor but he’s no A List Hollywood icon. What am I missing?

#11464 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What am I missing?

The problem.

Why should Stern get the rights if they don't intend to make a pinball machine with it? - Wich is what they (Gary) said.

That may have hopefully changed, but the problem is not a problem of "not being able to get the rights".

Heck, Kaminkow even said getting the likeness of MJF would propably be way cheaper now than back in the day.

#11465 3 years ago

Just give me Jaws and Queen
Cash ready

#11466 3 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Just give me Jaws and Queen
Cash ready

Zepp and Jaws

#11467 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

How hard could it really be to regain the BTTF rights. I mean, none of the actors to my knowledge are acting right now. Most hang their hat on that movie and would make sense to profit from it again. Michael Fox has a foundation that I’m sure would benefit from royalties. What’s so horrible about having your likeness on a freaking pinball machine!? Christopher Lloyd is a great character actor but he’s no A List Hollywood icon. What am I missing?

I’d love to know the real story behind the DE BTTF, I remember hearing for years MJF didn’t want any part of it etc etc, then I read something years ago that said something totally different, that it wasn’t MJF that said no, it was his manager that didn’t take any interest in the offer as he viewed MJF too big and busy at the time doing all the huge promotional work he was getting after BTTF for the likes of Nike Pepsi etc, according to that story it never even got to MJF.

Would love to know what actually happened and which version of events is true.

#11468 3 years ago

Well, 19 hours after my last post, I unexpectedly sold my BTTF to a friend who was helping me move a new game in. Already miss it, kind of regret it, but got good money for it. Now I’d really like to see Stern unexpectedly make this title.

#11469 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Harry Potter seems to be picking up steam at Stern (unfortunately not JJP).

Lol , if Stern got Harry Potter it would be the book version .
You get to read all about the mode you're doing on the LCD

#11470 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d love to know the real story behind the DE BTTF, I remember hearing for years MJF didn’t want any part of it etc etc, then I read something years ago that said something totally different, that it wasn’t MJF that said no, it was his manager that didn’t take any interest in the offer as he viewed MJF too big and busy at the time doing all the huge promotional work he was getting after BTTF for the likes of Nike Pepsi etc, according to that story it never even got to MJF.
Would love to know what actually happened and which version of events is true.

There was a long podcast with Kaminkow, the one where he first teased Beatles I think, where he explained how he got to make BTTF.

Abridged Version: He met Bob Gale or Zemekis at a birthday party, and somehow agreed to develop the game (within two weeks) on a sidenote. Sadly Michael J Fox wasn’t on that party and doesn‘t come free.
Srsly, „money“ is the reason, that‘s just it.

Listen to it, it‘s... „interresting“ (how little effort DE put into things).

#11471 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

Now I’d really like to see Stern unexpectedly make this title.

You’re late, but all are welcome to join the party,(expecting BTTF since 2017)

#11472 3 years ago

I’ll take Godzilla or a Connery 007...just no more comic book themes please....unless it’s a “ Bud Man” super hero game !

#11473 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I’ll take Godzilla or a Connery 007...just no more comic book themes please....unless it’s a “ Bud Man” super hero game !

Bond SLE - Take my money. lol

#11474 3 years ago

You’re late, but all are welcome to join the party,(expecting BTTF since 2017)

Haha, I would be hands down in for an LE. Maybe we can will it into existence?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#11475 3 years ago

Can we get our zeppelin first? Then go onto the next

#11476 3 years ago

Some deep thoughts for today ....

We have seen lots of “signs” that BTTF pinball is in the design queue and who knows, maybe it will be ready for release this year. Expectations are the game will be based on first movie. For anyone thinking it should include the 2 sequels, sorry to burst your bubble, it isn’t happening for financial reasons. No reason for Stern to license 3 titles when all they needs is one, unless forced to as a condition of licensing. Now, let’s begin the fun.

The game is released in Dec as expected, however it captures everyone by surprise because:

1) it is based on the comic book. Nobody considered Stern might do this, in spite of their history of designing superhero pins and releasing comic version artwork on others. Maybe it comes out in comic book style only. It would be pretty cheap to license the BTTF title and then photoshop comic artwork onto the playfield and cabinet. Stern would need to recreate similar art for video assets and would hire sound-alike voice actors. Why would Stern go to all this effort instead of just licensing the damn movie? If it saved them money, Stern might decide it was smart. Or maybe they just like doing things the hard way.

2) it is based on the video game and Stern licenses the rights to use those assets. This would be the quickest route and maybe cheapest overall. The entire trilogy is already designed, with virtual assets and the complete cast of sound-alike voice actors. Stern wouldn’t need to create much content - maybe some specific callouts, status screens and high score screens.

3) it is based on movie 1 and dialog can be sliced and used as seen fit - might be the best option possible.

4) it is based on trilogy (the holy grail) and dialog can be sliced and used as seen - all is well in la la land.

Now that we’ve considered some sources for content, execution and art style - what would you do if BTTF pin was released using options 1 or 2 instead of 3? Would you lose interest or become more interested? Maybe you wouldn’t care one way or the other? I’d be most interested in option 3, but would be intrigued almost equally by options 2 and 4. All are dynamic content already as opposed to option 1 which begins as static images.

#11477 3 years ago

We have seen lots of “signs” that BTTF pinball is in the design queue and who knows, maybe it will be ready for release this year. Expectations are the game will be based on first movie. For anyone thinking it should include the 2 sequels, sorry to burst your bubble, it isn’t happening for financial reasons. No reason for Stern to license 3 titles when all they want is one, unless forced to as a condition of licensing. Now, let’s begin the fun.

The game is released in Dec as expected, however it captures everyone by surprise because:
1) it is based on the comic book. Nobody considered Stern might do this, in spite of their history of designing superhero pins and releasing comic version artwork on others. It would be pretty cheap to license the BTTF title and then photoshop comic artwork onto the playfield and cabinet. Stern would need to recreate similar art for video assets and would hire sound-alike voice actors. Why would Stern go to all this effort instead of just licensing the damn movie? If it saved them money, Stern might decide it was smart. Or maybe they just like doing things the hard way.

2) it is based on the video game and Stern licenses the rights to use those assets. This would be the quickest route and maybe cheapest overall. The entire first movie is already designed in the game, with virtual assets and complete cast of sound-alike voice actors. Stern wouldn’t need to create much content - maybe some specific callouts, status screens and high score screens.

3) it is based on movie 1 and dialog can be sliced and used as seen fit - all is well in la la land.

Now that we’ve considered three sources for execution and art style, what would you do if BTTF pin was released using options 1 or 2 instead of 3? Would you lose interest or become more interested? Maybe you wouldn’t care one way or the other? I’d be most interested in option 3, but would be intrigued almost as much by option 2. Both are pretty dynamic as opposed to option 1 which starts off as static images and is not particularly striking.

I will take it anyway I can get it!

#11478 3 years ago

We have seen lots of “signs” that BTTF pinball is in the design queue and who knows, maybe it will be ready for release this year. Expectations are the game will be based on first movie. For anyone thinking it should include the 2 sequels, sorry to burst your bubble, it isn’t happening for financial reasons. No reason for Stern to license 3 titles when all they want is one, unless forced to as a condition of licensing. Now, let’s begin the fun.

1) it is based on the comic book. Nobody considered Stern might do this, in spite of their history of designing superhero pins and releasing comic version artwork on others. It would be pretty cheap to license the BTTF title and then photoshop comic artwork onto the playfield and cabinet. Stern would need to recreate similar art for video assets and would hire sound-alike voice actors. Why would Stern go to all this effort instead of just licensing the damn movie? If it saved them money, Stern might decide it was smart. Or maybe they just like doing things the hard way.

2) it is based on the video game and Stern licenses the rights to use those assets. This would be the quickest route and maybe cheapest overall. The entire first movie is already designed in the game, with virtual assets and complete cast of sound-alike voice actors. Stern wouldn’t need to create much content - maybe some specific callouts, status screens and high score screens.

3) it is based on movie 1 and dialog can be sliced and used as seen fit - all is well in la la land.

Now that we’ve considered three sources for execution and art style, what would you do if BTTF pin was released using options 1 or 2 instead of 3? Would you lose interest or become more interested? Maybe you wouldn’t care one way or the other? I’d be most interested in option 3, but would be intrigued almost as much by option 2. Both are pretty dynamic as opposed to option 1 which starts off as static images and is not particularly striking.

You‘re dead wrong, srsly how would the trilogy be too expensive; we had it with Data East, muliple Star Wars trilogys and Indiana Jones Quardrology.

In addition, everyone wants the flying DeLorean; just BTTF 1 is impossible.

But getting the video game assets from Telltale Games would be smart.

#11479 3 years ago

Are we gearing up for a reveal this week!? What's the word? I see BallPin thinks we are. This has me excited at the very least. If it's Zeppelin I'm going to have a hard time pulling the trigger on the AC/DC BIBLE I plan to grab Weds....hmmm

#11480 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Are we gearing up for a reveal this week!? What's the word? I see ballpin thinks we are. This has me excited at the very least. If it's Zeppelin I'm going to have a hard time pulling the trigger on the AC/DC BIBLE I plan to grab Weds....hmmm

Get the BIBLE. No regrets from that decision are possible. After having the LTBR, I want the BIBLE eventually also.

Code won't be final on the Zep for at least a year anyway, so what are you missing? I'll be getting one, but mainly for coil temp testing and a mod or two. If not for that, I'd wait for code maturity (and a likely lower price in the HUO market), too.

#11481 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Are we gearing up for a reveal this week!? What's the word? I see ballpin thinks we are. This has me excited at the very least. If it's Zeppelin I'm going to have a hard time pulling the trigger on the AC/DC BIBLE I plan to grab Weds....hmmm

Hold out for Welk.

#11482 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hold out for Welk.

Some great material out there for Welk?!

#11483 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Some great material out there for Welk?!

If that won’t get you fired up for pinball nothing will.

#11485 3 years ago

If we have an Octoberfest pin, a Welk pin isn’t that far fetched !

#11486 3 years ago

We have seen lots of “signs” that BTTF pinball is in the design queue and who knows, maybe it will be ready for release this year. Expectations are the game will be based on first movie. For anyone thinking it should include the 2 sequels, sorry to burst your bubble, it isn’t happening for financial reasons. No reason for Stern to license 3 titles when all they needs is one, unless forced to as a condition of licensing. Now, let’s begin the fun.

1) it is based on the comic book. Nobody considered Stern might do this, in spite of their history of designing superhero pins and releasing comic version artwork on others. Maybe it comes out in comic book style only. It would be pretty cheap to license the BTTF title and then photoshop comic artwork onto the playfield and cabinet. Stern would need to recreate similar art for video assets and would hire sound-alike voice actors. Why would Stern go to all this effort instead of just licensing the damn movie? If it saved them money, Stern might decide it was smart. Or maybe they just like doing things the hard way.

2) it is based on the video game and Stern licenses the rights to use those assets. This would be the quickest route and maybe cheapest overall. The entire trilogy is already designed, with virtual assets and the complete cast of sound-alike voice actors. Stern wouldn’t need to create much content - maybe some specific callouts, status screens and high score screens.

3) it is based on movie 1 and dialog can be sliced and used as seen fit - might be the best option possible.

4) it is based on trilogy (the holy grail) and dialog can be sliced and used as seen - all is well in la la land.

Now that we’ve considered some sources for content, execution and art style - what would you do if BTTF pin was released using options 1 or 2 instead of 3? Would you lose interest or become more interested? Maybe you wouldn’t care one way or the other? I’d be most interested in option 3, but would be intrigued almost equally by options 2 and 4. All are dynamic content already as opposed to option 1 which begins as static images.

I have the comics, I have the Telltale game too. I’d be in regardless, like the previous poster said, anyway I can get it.

I don’t see why having a license to all 3 movies would cost more than 1? I would love to see elements from all 3, so option 4 is my dream scenario.

#11487 3 years ago
Quoted from evileye:

I have the comics, I have the Telltale game too. I’d be in regardless, like the previous poster said, anyway I can get it.
I don’t see why having a license to all 3 movies would cost more than 1? I would love to see elements from all 3, so option 4 is my dream scenario.

Ghostbusters has content from the first two movies, so it could happen for sure. At this point, Pinside is trying to will this game into existence. Wouldn't be the first time this has happened, and I hope the exercise is successful.

#11488 3 years ago

What’s the word? LZ tomorrow?

#11489 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Nope, Queen!

#11490 3 years ago

Just like BTTF, another game with no real credible rumor. Queen wouldn’t be bad though.

#11491 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My guess is LZ next week or week after.

#11492 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin 4’s 50th anniversary is sometime between December and February ....just saying

#11493 3 years ago
B7F0F743-FB35-4742-B874-4C4B6614AC5F (resized).pngB7F0F743-FB35-4742-B874-4C4B6614AC5F (resized).png
#11494 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Led Zeppelin 4’s 50th anniversary is sometime between December and February ....just saying

Stern doesn’t ever time anything with anniversary’s.

#11495 3 years ago

Produced recorded anyway

#11496 3 years ago

If I was a betting man (and I'm not because I always lose), it'll follow the same approximate timeline as Stranger Things did last year. The teaser will hit Facebook on Friday the 11th, the formal announcement will be made Tuesday the 15th, and Jack Danger will stream it sometime between the 16th and Christmas, by which point pros will already be shipping to people to have in their homes for Christmas. LEs in February. Premiums in March. That gives them some time to catch up on backlog as well.

#11497 3 years ago

I'm thinking Queen also !

#11498 3 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

I'm thinking Queen also !

Thinking or dreaming?

#11499 3 years ago

Hopefully it's something I have absolutely no interest in. Would be nice to start actually saving some money...

#11500 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Hopefully it's something I have absolutely no interest in. Would be nice to start actually saving some money...

Lmao wish you well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,856 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/230 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.