Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 938.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lonnie makes GOTG a NON no brainer now.
Really like AS but much of the rules are cut and paste from Kiss? Just better integrated and polished?

I'm confused. Not trolling you.

You're saying GOTG was a no brainer until Lonnie became a part of it?

Then you say AS has the same rules as KISS? I've heard that before. Not sure AS is a more polished KISS based on what I've read tho. I can't judge for myself however since I don't own both games.

#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Then you say AS has the same rules as KISS? I've heard that before. Not sure AS is a more polished KISS based on what I've read tho. I can't judge for myself however since I don't own both games.

Aerosmith doesn't have the same rules as KISS. It has SOME similarities, but it's not the same. However, KISS is still a more complete experience between two VERY similar layouts for now.

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but in case you are not, you can adjust the flipper angle and make it almost identical every rebuild.

Almost. That was my point. I know it's splitting hairs, but you can never get it truly identical once removed.

#1054 6 years ago

Just play better.

Now plz back to speculating about the upcoming My little Pony Pinball.

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aerosmith doesn't have the same rules as KISS. It has SOME similarities, but it's not the same. However, KISS is still a more complete experience between two VERY similar layouts for now.

Yeah thats what I hear... "KISS is better balanced, more complete"

(I dig the shit out of my Aerosmith)

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

However, KISS is still a more complete experience between two VERY similar layouts for now.

In what way?

#1057 6 years ago

Kiss is one of the ugliest pin out there. There is no match with AS.

#1058 6 years ago

Scoring is more balanced in KISS. More variety of callouts. More sound effects tied to events/switches. Kiss also has more multiball modes (Lovegun, Demon, KISS Army, Heavens on Fire, Rock City) than AS. KISS doesn't have programming issues that consistently affect score like losing time off the clock if you're unlucky enough to hit the scoop on the left and get an extra ball in AS. That animation kills 10 seconds on the clock with no way to bypass it. I also think KISS is harder overall. AS will get there in the end, but who knows when that will be?

The best thing about AS is the Elevator Multiball start. I never bypassed it, even once. Great integration on that. A lot of the other stuff got old.

#1059 6 years ago

With the price and play of Spooky~s TNA maybe Stern would consider a Laser wars Remake! It is in the background of one of the Star wars vids recently.

One trim level, Lcd Screen and a few small updates.

keep it simple $5,500..

#1060 6 years ago

#1061 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Kiss is one of the ugliest pin out there. There is no match with AS.

have you never played rolling stones?

#1062 6 years ago

jonesjb that sounds excellent. could travel through the different kid characters or versions of the monster, map of the sewers in the playfield. could be cool

1 week later
#1063 6 years ago

Surprised there hasn't been any info leaked on this yet... Are they announcing their next game at the expo in two weeks?

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

If a GOTG pin really comes out, then all of late 80s early 90s childhood nerd years will pay off.

Funny they said the same thing with Star Wars

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Surprised there hasn't been any info leaked on this yet... Are they announcing their next game at the expo in two weeks?

There's leaked, and then there's leaked widely.

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's leaked, and then there's leaked widely.

Crickets

#1067 6 years ago

So it seems more likely now that there will be no new game info at Expo. Sounds like they may need to slow down releases now that they are Short 1 game designer. I would actually expect that this could push up a Vault game sooner, e.g. Tron, to help spread out the development effort across the team.

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

So it seems more likely now that there will be no new game info at Expo. Sounds like they may need to slow down releases now that they are Short 1 game designer. I would actually expect that this could push up a Vault game sooner, e.g. Tron, to help spread out the development effort across the team.

Interesting and makes sense .

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hasn't Tron been the 2018 VE rumour for a while now? AC/DC & Tron are the only two titles that have been selling over their NIB prices for the last couple years, now AC/DC has been done this year, Tron seems to logical next VE.

Although I would love to see TSPP rerun as a VE.

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hasn't Tron been the 2018 VE rumour for a while now? AC/DC & Tron are the only two titles that have been selling over their NIB prices for the last couple years, now AC/DC has been done this year, Tron seems to logical next VE.

The used prices on TSPP aren't really in vault territory, though. If they DO vault TSPP, I would love a ROM update that allows you to disable the "D'oh" in the mode where Homer keeps doing it.

#1071 6 years ago

I want pulp fiction!

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The used prices on TSPP aren't really in vault territory, though. If they DO vault TSPP, I would love a ROM update that allows you to disable the "D'oh" in the mode where Homer keeps doing it.

TSPP is more wishful thinking on my part more than anything else.

AC/DC & TRON are the two that make the most sense due to used prices being higher than NIB, which now leaves TRON as the only obvious next choice.

#1073 6 years ago

Tron with Metallic looking decals [like IMVE and Mustang LE], ramp lights, etc. and I might be in on one after just having sold my Tron a few months ago.
I doubt they make it but who knows.

I really wish Iron Maiden info would leak.

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wow....TSPP would definitely generate some excitement wouldn't it?

#1075 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I'd be in line for one!

Thing is after TRON VE, what's the next title going to be? MET VE seems too soon, AC/DC & TRON where the two titles that where selling over their NIB prices, so it TRON does come next year there's no other titles demanding more than new in the used market.

LOTR is popular still but there where a lot of those made, Simpsons is still popular and current, another SM (homecoming/MCU) VE, other titles like CSI, 24 have seen their best years behind them, although they could be re-themed vault editions similar to BM66 just without the silly price tag.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Only if they convert to spike 2 with all the great graphics on the new display. It will definitely get them a ton of sales. I would buy it to replace mine.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Only if they convert to spike 2 with all the great graphics on the new display. It will definitely get them a ton of sales. I would buy it to replace mine.

Didn't they have a LotR running on a Spike machine when they were testing? An updated LotR and TSPP would probably sell really well.

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'd be in line for one!
Thing is after TRON VE, what's the next title going to be? MET VE seems too soon, AC/DC & TRON where the two titles that where selling over their NIB prices, so it TRON does come next year there's no other titles demanding more than new in the used market.
LOTR is popular still but there where a lot of those made, Simpsons is still popular and current, another SM (homecoming/MCU) VE, other titles like CSI, 24 have seen their best years behind them, although they could be re-themed vault editions similar to BM66 just without the silly price tag.

More Iron Man after that?

#1079 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, but plungers and stops are sometimes off a hair from before. Very very difficult to get it tightened on the shaft exactly the same as well. Just the slightest degree difference, makes a ton of difference in gameplay. My GB flippers had to be moved up 1/4". Made all the difference in the world. Went from shots hitting the walls and then going around loops, to nice smooth transactions. Clean backhands (which were impossible with early factory flipper settings). Stern must have learned they screwed up stamping the alignment holes, because later models came out with flippers adjusted to closer to what I did on mine.

What is the build date of yours and do you have a picture of the flippers? I want to see if I need to adjust mine or if perhaps mine is the later build already adjusted.

#1080 6 years ago

This whole vault edition from Stern is interesting and concerning...

I think it is a slap in the face to the core supporters of Stern. These early adopter customers preorder and purchase new machines at launch, some sight unseen thus supporting Stern. When these machines sell out hopefully they retain some of their value. Allowing them to be sold and other new machines purchased for those early adopters. I am new here and from what I've seen NOT a lot of these machines rise in value.

I collect another form of art that is numbered and literally sells out in hours. These pieces are thousands of dollars too and sometimes take several years to be delivered. They are often sold for more than double shortly after preorder closes and sometimes more when the piece launches. One somewhat popular company thought it would be a good idea to sell another version after launch called a "Warehouse Gem" well it diluted the market on their pieces and drove away a substantial amount of their base customers. Their pieces now take several days and sometimes weeks to sell out. From what I hear they are literally just making it month to month to stay open now when they were one of the leaders in their space

I only have 3 machines in my collection. My first was a Gorgar then very shortly after I purchased a NIB Stern Metallice Pre, I would have bought the LE but they were long sold out... I missed out... I just recently dropped some serious coin on a Tron LE and I am planning on preordering/purchasing a GOTG LE when they announce, sight unseen.

I have to say if they re-release Tron I will not be buying anymore new Stern machines. ever....

/rantoff

#1081 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I think it is a slap in the face to the core supporters of Stern. These early adopter customers preorder and purchase new machines at launch, some sight unseen thus supporting Stern. When these machines sell out hopefully they retain some of their value. Allowing them to be sold and other new machines purchased for those early adopters. I am new here and from what I've seen NOT a lot of these machines rise in value.
I collect another form of art that is numbered and literally sells out in hours. These pieces are thousands of dollars too and sometimes take several years to be delivered. They are often sold for more than double shortly after preorder closes and sometimes more when the piece launches. One somewhat popular company thought it would be a good idea to sell another version after launch called a "Warehouse Gem" well it diluted the market on their pieces and drove away a substantial amount of their base customers. Their pieces now take several days and sometimes weeks to sell out. From what I hear they are literally just making it month to month to stay open now when they were one of the leaders in their space
I only have 3 machines in my collection. My first was a Gorgar then very shortly after I purchased a NIB Stern Metallice Pre, I would have bought the LE but they were long sold out... I missed out... I just recently dropped some serious coin on a Tron LE and I am planning on preordering/purchasing a GOTG LE when they announce, sight unseen.
I have to say if they re-release Tron I will not be buying anymore new Stern machines. ever....
/rantoff

It's not like you buy many as is. So coming out with a from premium would be great for everyone except you

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

When they run out of modern Sterns that make economic sense to do vaults on I sure hope they try doing a few classic Sterns like Stargazer for instance.

#1083 6 years ago

BBH VE with a smoother, quieter Buck and interactive gun mode.

#1084 6 years ago

As long as pinball manufacturers are still in business, I'm happy. Vault editions are fine with me.\
I would love to see a TZ and Funhouse remake.

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

/rantoff

These games aren't investments, they are meant to be played and enjoyed. I have TWD, GOT, AS, and GB. I could care less if they make remakes of every one of those games. My games will still be as fun as ever if they remake them in VE models someday. I like it because it gives people a chance to buy a game that they missed out on.

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I think you should sell your Tron because you are into pinball for the wrong reason.

Rob

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think you should sell your Tron because you are into pinball for the wrong reason.
Rob

100% agree with Rob here. Attitudes like this are what turn people off from the hobby. Pinball is taking a wrong turn when an arcade machine is seen as an investment. When people feel slighted because others now get to experience a game like tron, and now their pristine wooden box is worth a few dollars less.... That's just sad.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

100% agree with Rob here. Attitudes like this are what turn people off from the hobby. Pinball is taking a wrong turn when an arcade machine is seen as an investment. When people feel slighted because others now get to experience a game like tron, and now their pristine wooden box is worth a few dollars less.... That's just sad.

Even if remakes are made, it's not like the value of the original is going to drop by 50% overnight. I think IMVE was probably a good success for Stern and it allowed alot of others to get a chance to own this wonderful game. VE or not, many games hold value well and that's pretty darn good!

Rob

#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

/rantoff

pathetic

#1090 6 years ago

I must say I'm like Scrooge McDuck because I could not live without my "Vault Editions."

It's been years since I was able to make a Duck Tails reference.

images-28 (resized).jpgimages-28 (resized).jpg

#1091 6 years ago

You may think my comments are pathetic and you are entitled to your educated opinion. My opinion still stands that Stern will damage their core early adopters/supporters on their new games. I think those customers will wait to purchase or not purchase at all after feeling slighted. I've seen it in other categories all too often when a company is thinking they are helping the community that missed out or more likely they are looking to add another revenue stream.

It will hurt the company as a whole as they will not generate that initial revenue on new products...

I'm not looking to make money on my machines (there are far more profitable categories to collect than pinball) but I would like them to hold some value and not bottom out. I feel the majority of people feel this way too.

Doublestack, I did not use the word "investment". I would like my machines to retain some sense of value over time not to be impacted by the company reissuing. These machines are not +20 years old... I would be interested in purchasing your StarTrek or Walking Dead for $2K since you think these machines should not hold value after purchase.

Goronic, I'l buy your Hobbit for $2k since you are feeling so generous too...

/Love the Scrooge McDuck!!! LoL

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I have to say if they re-release Tron I will not be buying anymore new Stern machines. ever.

I just brought a NIB Tron LE, for more than its NIB cost, before I brought it I had heard strong rumours Tron will be the 2018 title to see a Vault Edition release, honestly that didn't put me off at all.

I wanted an original and I wanted an LE, if the VE is awesome or has an updated LCD I may even buy one of those, so I would disagree VE releases will damage any of Sterns core custom.

What will damage Sterns core custom/supporters is continued radio silence, lack of communication and minimal to non existent code support, VE so far seem to be a success with us as customers and for Stern as a whole.

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Goronic, I'l buy your Hobbit for $2k since you are feeling so generous too..

Nothing about generosity - it is the market. If the market deems the Hobbit is 2k then when (and if) I sell it will be 2k. However, for the sake of argument JJP does a code update after JJP stops building them that puts TH in the top 5 - it could start selling for HUO 12K+. Then I could either sell TH then at that price - or JJP may make more later (e.g. remake/VE) and the NIB cost goes back down to 9K, and therefore the used pin I have would likely be lower than the NIB. Again...market price.

The good news is that I would have a great pinball machine and others are able to own or route a great pinball machine. Win Win Win. Simple, and similar to the TRON story.

Edit: And I would not fault JJP for making more.

#1094 6 years ago

I know guys who will pass on a pin they have been after for years because its 200 more than the going rate, or guys that will wait months to get the asking price when then sell or that worry about the pin retaining its value, that's cool and that's one kind of collector, I'm the other, must have it to hell with the 200 dollars, when selling I don't want people in my house trying the game and spotting ridiculous crap looking for a deal so I sell at a price knowing it will move fast, most likely less than what I paid, buy high and sell low which is stupid but it works for me as the cost of dealing with buyers and sellers sucks so much I just don't care about the loss. Oh yeah.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

You may think my comments are pathetic and you are entitled to your educated opinion. My opinion still stands that Stern will damage their core early adopters/supporters on their new games. I think those customers will wait to purchase or not purchase at all after feeling slighted. I've seen it in other categories all too often when a company is thinking they are helping the community that missed out or more likely they are looking to add another revenue stream.
It will hurt the company as a whole as they will not generate that initial revenue on new products...
I'm not looking to make money on my machines (there are far more profitable categories to collect than pinball) but I would like them to hold some value and not bottom out. I feel the majority of people feel this way too.
Doublestack, I did not use the word "investment". I would like my machines to retain some sense of value over time not to be impacted by the company reissuing. These machines are not +20 years old... I would be interested in purchasing your StarTrek or Walking Dead for $2K since you think these machines should not hold value after purchase.
Goronic, I'l buy your Hobbit for $2k since you are feeling so generous too...
/Love the Scrooge McDuck!!! LoL

It doesn't hurt Stern at all. Pinheads buy what they like and those that own an original AC/DC or whatever will just sell their original game and buy a vault edition if it intrigues them enough. Like I said, I LOVE the vault editions because there are games that I have missed out on that I would love to own someday. I say bring them on!

#1096 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It doesn't hurt Stern at all. Pinheads buy what they like and those that own an original AC/DC or whatever will just sell their original game and buy a vault edition if it intrigues them enough. Like I said, I LOVE the vault editions because there are games that I have missed out on that I would love to own someday. I say bring them on!

Damn right, now hurry up Stern with my TSPP VE

#1097 6 years ago

If Gary is a god...

banner.png (resized).jpgbanner.png (resized).jpg

#1098 6 years ago

What we see and what history has shown is that the vault edition has not destroyed the value of a machine. They are still worth a decent sum in both IM and ACDC. The only people that seem to complain about a vault are those that now may not have a desirable object that has become double the purchase price. This is how I understood your statement about vault games. I used the word "investment" because that's what it appears we are talking about.

IM is still a 4500-5400 game. I'd be happy if my 7 yr old game is still worth 4500, easily over its purchase price. Those that throw a fit are the ones that wish it was worth 6k again. Sometimes its never enough.

#1099 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Agreed, I even said this exact thing to Gary at CES

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

As long as pinball manufacturers are still in business, I'm happy. Vault editions are fine with me.\
I would love to see a TZ and Funhouse remake.

How about a new version called The Night Gallery which was after TZ show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
There are 46,893 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/22?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.