Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 924.
#11201 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You say that as if most of the planet is familiar with this product.

No, just the world of pinside but the release announcement is pretty much identical to the original dating back to 2019 when it was first launched.

#11202 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You say that as if most of the planet is familiar with this product.

What are the real differences between this 'Pin' and the Pro model?

#11203 3 years ago

Boom! (a small boom, but a boom note the less).

a (resized).pnga (resized).pngb (resized).pngb (resized).pngc (resized).pngc (resized).png
#11204 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I said Star Wars "The Pin" for Wednesday teaser and Friday reveal... If they follow the Star Wars "The Pin" / Jurassic Park model, next reveal would be December 2nd. If not, next project reveal would be between 13 and 20 January based on past release intervals.

AIQ was released quickly after TMNT to get Stern back on their cornerstone production schedule, so I’d bet we will see another full release this year maybe pushing a planned Kapow/Studio release maybe to next year?

#11205 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

It's an entirely different game. They're both Star Wars themed, and that's about where the comparison stops.

#11206 3 years ago

I said Star Wars "The Pin" for Wednesday teaser and Friday reveal... If they follow the Star Wars "The Pin" / Jurassic Park model, next reveal would be December 2nd. If not, next project reveal would be between 13 and 20 January based on past release intervals.

The other relevant timeline is SR seems to design a game for release every 18 -20 months and we are well within that and closer to 20 months come December.

#11207 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

The home pin is built with even cheaper materials, there is only one coil for the slings so they fire simultaneously, it is so light you can toss it across a room, rehashed layout that has been used on multiple home pins, smaller LCD screen, simplified rule set. You get all that for $300 more than I paid for my Walking Dead.

#11208 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

For starters...

1) The Pin has super, super simplified code.
2) Layout is completely different.
3) Only runs on one node board, so both slings and two pops are tied to a common coil (so both slings fire when one is hit).
4) LCD size is about 1/4th the size on the Pin
5) Cabinet looks to be some sort of Ikea-style bolted together particle board.
6) Lockbar style and material.
7) BG is held in by a small piece of plastic with 2 screws (not a keyed lock)
8) No coin mech

I don't know if code can be updated on the Pin either. For instance, on DeadFlip last night he said he thought the StormTrooper target doesn't do anything behind the drop targets. If they somehow rectified this in future game builds, I don't know if you can update the one you already own.

#11209 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

The home pin is built with even cheaper materials, there is only one coil for the slings so they fire simultaneously, it is so light you can toss it across a room, rehashed layout that has been used on multiple home pins, smaller LCD screen, simplified rule set. You get all that for $300 more than I paid for my Walking Dead.

There is a coil in each sling, but they are controlled by only one transistor. That's why they fire together, not because there is only one coil.

#11210 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

For starters...
3) Only runs on one node board, so both slings and two pops are tied to a common coil (so both slings fire when one is hit).
8) No coin mech
I don't know if code can be updated on the Pin either. For instance, on DeadFlip last night he said he thought the StormTrooper target doesn't do anything behind the drop targets. If they somehow rectified this in future game builds, I don't know if you can update the one you already own.

I think DeadFlip also mentioned that maybe the art is applied to the playfield differently. Something about the playfield construction is different

#11211 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There is a coil in each sling, but they are controlled by only one transistor. That's why they fire together, not because there is only one coil.

That makes it better. Writing a check to Gary now!

#11212 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

For starters...
8) No coin mech

Stern has Code updates for the Pin on their Website and it‘s still just a Spike game. What does even spark your idea that an update wouldn‘t be possible?!

#11213 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Stern has Code updates for the Pin on their Website and it‘s still just a Spike game. What does even spark your idea that an update wouldn‘t be possible?!

Yeah, it's the same Spike 2 CPU node board

#11214 3 years ago

Maybe this is Sterns first awnser to the new european tax thingy

No coindoor, no coinop pinball
So no extra tax!

20201117_172932 (resized).jpg20201117_172932 (resized).jpg
#11215 3 years ago

Over a week ago. I do like to drop subtle hints here and there for those that pay attention.

#11216 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Over a week ago. I do like to drop subtle hints here and there for those that pay attention.

Cool!
but may i ask howdidyaknow?
Inside info?

#11217 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unfortunately...yessssss. Another "the pin" machine no one wants. At least the art will be cooler than the last Star Wars:The Pin.
I will say that I'm interested in knowing what the coil temps on Zep are after an hour of play. It's the only thing I'm looking forward to learning about it, pretty much.

If no one wanted them they would not still be making them

#11218 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Don't act so surprised. Did you know it was a "feature" with the original Pins like TF and TAV, and even IM Classic I think? No updatable code. You got what you got out of the box, and if it was buggy, tough. I thought I heard it was carried over to the new Pins as well... which if isn't true, great. But if it is true, then you may have a target that scores 0 points and does nothing.

#11219 3 years ago

Who's buying these? I don't understand the target market, but I imagine Stern marketing has done their homework.
If you've got enough disposable income to drop $4500 on a home toy for the family rec room, why not drop a few extra g's and get the real deal?

#11220 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, and is priced like a turd....
(and before I get grilled, I love Sterns, have 11 in my collection)

It is for a parent that wants an over priced toy for there kid not for a pin collector

#11221 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

One is a toy and one is a pinball machine

#11222 3 years ago

Glad we got that one out of the way.

#11223 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Who's buying these? I don't understand the target market, but I imagine Stern marketing has done their homework.
If you've got enough disposable income to drop $4500 on a home toy for the family rec room, why not drop a few extra g's and get the real deal?

Correct, Stern is not doing this without a marketing plan. It's a 'semi' pin, actually looks quite good. Easier to mass produce, to ship, transport.. I never thought Arcade 1Up would grow (yet another pricey toy for what you get), but looking at people giving it a shot at Costco the other day, seems to be doing just fine..

I don't care about any of those 'toys', but if it brings more people to the hobby, I'm for it!

#11224 3 years ago

At a retail price of $4.5k, I feel obliged to tell any potential buyer/noob that he is foolish to buy the Pin because for $5k they could buy 85% of the top 100 titles. Furthermore, if they were dead set on SW, there are real options. The only way the Pin makes sense is if sold for $2k nib and less in HUO market. This product is 100% price sensitive
So the announced price will determine if the Pin sells great, good or poorly. My guess is poorly and then I’d love to see Stern marking these at $2k next and measure that response.

#11225 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

At a retail price of $4.5k, I feel obliged to tell any potential buyer/noob that it is foolish to buy the Pin and for $5k they could buy around 80% of the top 100 titles. Furthermore, if they were dead set on SW, explain there are real options. The only way the pin makes sense to buy is if sold for $2k nib and less in HUO market.

Those buyers/noobs are probably grandmas doing their Xmas shopping! Lol, so they won't see your solid advice, unfortunately!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11226 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

You did also run around posting everywhere that GNR wasn't the next release. How did that work out for you?

What's wrong JY64 you didn't like the fact I posted?

#11227 3 years ago

I'm not an insider, but Stern wouldn't make it if they didn't think they could sell it. This is a winner for Stern. The R&D costs are already done on this as the layout is re-used. They also get to use existing art assets. I'm guessing they only need to sell 50 or so of these for it to make sense financially for them.

#11228 3 years ago

Man pinside exploded with games for sale today... Must be people freeing up money for that killer stern release today.... Hopefully something better to follow...

#11229 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Man pinside exploded with games for sale today... Must be people freeing up money for that killer stern release today.... Hopefully something better to follow...

Maybe. When Stern announced the original Star Wars Pin, they announced JP less than two weeks later.

#11230 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Our disty has just sent out an announcement saying, end of the month, Stern is announcing its new pin...doesn't say what it is, but says they will only get 2-4 LEs. Par for the course for NZ.

I'll just pop this here, end of the month is nigh

#11231 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Glad we got that one out of the way.

Let's clear that noxious smell in the room with some Febreze and get back to talking about the REAL next machine.

#11232 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

You did also run around posting everywhere that GNR wasn't the next release. How did that work out for you?
What's wrong JY64 you didn't like the fact I posted?

True, but if you listened carefully, I was mad they were floating the idea of GNR not being next, and I only posted that to light a fire under JJPs ass. Worked out great! GNR was JJPs next release. Makes my happy. If you read my posts, I wanted to be wrong lol! I don't care about being right or wrong. I have sources and I don't share it or post their information. My sources are 100% correct so far, they told me about AIQ, SW, TMNT, Stranger Things, etc. so I have an idea of what's going on behind the scenes. I actually don't care what you think of my track record, and I'll wear GNR being wrong proudly. Sometimes I like to chime in a drop hints, but I'll let you guys speculate...it's cute!

#11233 3 years ago

Whoops double post

#11234 3 years ago

Street price $3999.

Screenshot_20201117-145744_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201117-145744_Chrome (resized).jpg
#11235 3 years ago

Honestly while this is NOT for me, it's a great price point to get other families and enthusiasts into pinball at a lower cost.

#11236 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Honestly while this is NOT for me, it's a great price point to get other families and enthusiasts into pinball at a lower cost.

It's not for us, obviously. No need to bash it. Looks great for what it is imo. Some people may just want a cheaper, simpler game to stick in their basement for their grandkids to play now and then. You still have the pro, premium, and le for those that want more.

#11237 3 years ago

I’m sure the home pin fun and all, but SW pro is just $1800 more. It makes me realize how great a value Stern pros are (and AFM or MB SE or Hot Wheels) anything in the $5700-6K range.

#11238 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I'll just pop this here, end of the month is nigh

Our disty has just posted another FB message saying later today for next major release (NZ time so I guess morning for USA?). Further down the same message they mention the already announced comic SW pin...so new "real" pin could be shown sooner than the end of the month...we shall see...we are a day ahead after all.

#11239 3 years ago

My distro has the new comic pin at 4K shipped, sure a pro is 1800 more but that's nearly 50% more. Personally I think it's great that there is an option for the casual home buyer at a lower price point. I don't see many used SW home pins for sale cheap, so people must like them at least a little. And the gameplay vids look like it's enjoyable enough as well.

#11240 3 years ago

Weren't the street prices for the first SW Home Edition (non-comic art) $3,600 with a MSRP of $4K? This hike to $4000/$4500 respectively seems like a lot considering they just changed the art.

#11241 3 years ago

Street price $3999.
[quoted image]

Hmmmm, thinking outloud, should I buy: SW the pin $3999 or four TMNT toppers $3999???

#11242 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's clear that noxious smell in the room with some Febreze and get back to talking about the REAL next machine.

I agree with you brother...

Honestly, I don’t get this Stern release... a real Collector with 10 or 20+ Pinball games at home, I doubt that he wants to spends in a edition like that, businesses owners obviously can’t do nothing with a game like this, and a low income family won’t pay either $4,000 for a game...

#11243 3 years ago

I think the target market is Skymall not pinside.

#11244 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Weren't the street prices for the first SW Home Edition (non-comic art) $3,600 with a MSRP of $4K? This hike to $4000/$4500 respectively seems like a lot considering they just changed the art.

No. It was the same MSRP and street price. $4,500/$4,000/~$3,600 used

#11245 3 years ago

Attn pinside

This game is not for you.

Carry on

#11246 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I agree with you brother...
Honestly, I don’t get this Stern release... a real Collector with 10 or 20+ Pinball games at home, I doubt that he wants to spends in a edition like that, businesses owners obviously can’t do nothing with a game like this, and a low income family won’t pay either $4,000 for a game...

And if you can afford $4300 with CA tax for a new "the pin" machine, you can afford $500-700 more for a used HUO full Star Wars Pro that's a much better experience.

#11247 3 years ago

Pinside sets itself on fire every time they aren’t the target market for a release. It’s getting exhausting. I’m an operator with a decent collection. This coming out doesn’t offend me because it’s clearly not targeted at me. Same story with Heavy Metal, Primus, and Supreme. Are we just going to keep having the same conversation every six months?

#11248 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Attn pinside
This game is not for you.
Carry on

Exactly.

Reminds me of when those Arcade 1up machines came out a few years ago and KLOV was like "why did they make these!?"

#11249 3 years ago

New pinball in 2.5 hrs Big G to announce it....

#11250 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Pinside sets itself on fire every time they aren’t the target market for a release. It’s getting exhausting. I’m an operator with a decent collection. This coming out doesn’t offend me because it’s clearly not targeted at me. Same story with Heavy Metal, Primus, and Supreme. Are we just going to keep having the same conversation every six months?

Pinside: We need to promote the hobby!

Stern: Here's a lower cost model for the general public!

Pinside: Why are you doing this!?!?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/225?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.