Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 938.
#11151 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why is the woman wearing a kitchen cleaning glove? We are not over the Thanos glove yet and then we get this?

Hahahaha lol!

#11152 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why is the woman wearing a kitchen cleaning glove? We are not over the Thanos glove yet and then we get this?

Rubber is...sexy, maybe?

#11153 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

LZ, no thanks, like the band and music but not for pinball. BTTF all the way!

I'm pretty sure both titles will be within 3-12 months of each other.

#11154 3 years ago

Stranger Things was announced last December so if Stern wants to stick to 3 cornerstone titles a year it would make sense for them to announce Zeppelin between now and the end of the year.

#11155 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Stranger Things was announced last December so if Stern wants to stick to 3 cornerstone titles a year it would make sense for them to announce Zeppelin between now and the end of the year.

Also it sorta seems like they try to have something new ready to show off at CES, but it's virtual only this year so it's probably not as important to Stern.

#11156 3 years ago

Any chance BTTF, Godzilla or some other title could happen before LZ? I’m really Jonesing for a new pin and LZ ain’t it. I loved them in high school but not my thing now.

#11157 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Any chance BTTF, Godzilla or some other title could happen before LZ? I’m really Jonesing for a new pin and LZ ain’t it. I loved them in high school but not my thing now.

There is a really high chance that Stern's next pin won't be BTTF, Godzilla, or LZ.

#11158 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

There is a really high chance that Stern's next pin won't be BTTF, Godzilla, or LZ.

C'mon Kaneda, let the man dream!

#11159 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

A technicality. Star Wars Home Comic Edition doesn't count.

#11160 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A technicality. Star Wars Home Comic Edition doesn't count.

Please, nooooooooo more star wars

#11161 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Please, nooooooooo more star wars

Unfortunately...yessssss. Another "the pin" machine no one wants. At least the art will be cooler than the last Star Wars:The Pin.

I will say that I'm interested in knowing what the coil temps on Zep are after an hour of play. It's the only thing I'm looking forward to learning about it, pretty much.

#11162 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I hear this all the time but i went to pick my AIQ on Friday and got to play GNR. Its pretty as hell but 20min and im good. I have zero desire to play it again. My friends and i put hrs into AIQ and it was a blast for everyone. I agree JJP take the time to make nice sculpts etc but most of their games just dont vibe with my tastes for gameplay. Not trying to start a war with the JJP crowd. I just dont really want any themes i like to go to JJP as i clearly dont enjoy the design team there (yet).
(Full disclosure on the previous statement toward JJP that i still have never played WOZ.)

You're also naturally bias towards the game you just dropped $5-10K on.

Having said that I dont doubt AIQ is a great game.

#11163 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You're also naturally bias towards the game you just dropped $5-10K on.
Having said that I dont doubt AIQ is a great game.

I dropped that money on Avengers AFTER playing the pro for an hour though. It locked in my money. 20min GnR made me glad to have spent my cash on Avengers.
(You arent wrong though. Im just saying)

#11164 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Star Wars The Pin as you said in your podcast does not count as a regular release. We are talking regular mass produced cornerstone releases.

#11165 3 years ago

LZ Release Timing:

Tomorrow or early December?

If not tomorrow, probably not any later in November, correct? Tuesday is their typical reveal day. Next Tuesday would be too close to Thanksgiving, I assume.

Which week in December did STh drop last year?

#11166 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

LZ Release Timing:
If not tomorrow, probably not any later in November, correct? Tuesday is their typical reveal day. Next Tuesday would be too close to Thanksgiving, I assume.

I would love for it to be tomorrow!

#11167 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Star Wars The Pin as you said in your podcast does not count as a regular release. We are talking regular mass produced cornerstone releases.

I don't have a podcast. I'm not Kaneda, nor would I ever want to be, the guy has issues. BTW, I thought the Star Wars home comic pin was out a while ago. I swear I saw it last month somewhere. Either way, I'm talking about the next Stern pin, like full size pin, will not be BTTF or LZ. We shall see!

#11168 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I don't have a podcast. I'm not Kaneda, nor would I ever want to be, the guy has issues. BTW, I thought the Star Wars home comic pin was out a while ago. I swear I saw it last month somewhere. Either way, I'm talking about the next Stern pin, like full size pin, will not be BTTF or LZ. We shall see!

If not LZ, do you have some other theme in mind you think it might be?

#11169 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

If not LZ, do you have some other theme in mind you think it might be?

He’s been talking Queen but all the other usual in the know claim it’s LZ. We will see I guess.

#11170 3 years ago

LZ Release Timing:

Announced the 3rd week of Dec 2019. Started showing up right before Christmas.

#11171 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unfortunately...yessssss. Another "the pin" machine no one wants. At least the art will be cooler than the last Star Wars:The Pin.
I will say that I'm interested in knowing what the coil temps on Zep are after an hour of play. It's the only thing I'm looking forward to learning about it, pretty much.

Coil Temps? Why?

#11172 3 years ago

It makes sense to build Heavy Metal and then go right into Star Wars The Pin Comic Edition. Same core manufacturing, so minimal changes to the line. Bang them out for Christmas deliveries.

Heavy Metal has different rules than Star Wars The Pin. I wonder if they would considering using a variation of those rules for Star Wars The Pin Comic Edition.

That way it’s subtlety different than Star Wars The Pin. Then on both models, offer the other rules as a DLC option.

#11173 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Coil Temps? Why?

Long playing games/sessions can heat up the flipper coils. Hotter coils have less power for ramp shots and such

But we’re talking about playing for a hour mostly trapped up in multiball.

#11174 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Coil Temps? Why?

Because now that I've realized that all the Spike2 I've tested (and Spooky) have problems with flipper fade to some degree after long play sessions of an hour or more I'm kind of obsessed with gathering temp data for all the Spike machines to see which are better and which are worse so I can make an accurate chart for people considering buying the flipper coil cooling kit that eliminates the fade problem completely. It looks like the preliminary chart here:
Spike Coil Testing Chart (resized).jpgSpike Coil Testing Chart (resized).jpg

This is really just the beginning of this. It raises more questions than it answers, like "Why is Star Wars pretty much fade-free, while Stranger Things has severe fade over time?" I THINK it's because Star Wars has microbreaks built into the action to give the flippers a little rest all the time, and the playfield is more open compared to Stranger Things, but that doesn't account for Avengers, which has a very open playfield, but is almost as bad as Stranger Things over time (though it takes longer to get there). Lots of stuff to understand about this, but for now the flipper cooling kits fix the problem completely.

#11175 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Long playing games/sessions can heat up the flipper coils. Hotter coils have less power for ramp shots and such
But we’re talking about playing for a hour mostly trapped up in multiball.

This is one of the myths or misconceptions held over from the B/W and SAM/Whitestar Stern days. It's not true for Spike2.

On Spike2 hold does not raise the coil temps more than a degree or so, even if trapped up for over a half hour. One of the surprising discoveries of my testing because my original plan was to jam the flipper into hold and walk away to test max temps. That didn't work out. The full power pulse is totally responsible for the flipper coil temperatures rising over time.

#11176 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

You act like him, downvoting peoples gamerooms and all. Dont be a Kaneda.

#11177 3 years ago

What if Led Zeppelin is code for another British band...

...MUSE.

It's been a rough day, let me have this.

#11178 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

...MUSE.

It can be...with pinball browser.

#11179 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

...MUSE.

If you misspelled Judas Priest, yes you can have this!

#11180 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It can be...with pinball browser.

I thought Stern was locking that down?

#11181 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’ve heard this as well.

#11182 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So we read on the Pinball Browser thread. Sad, that. PB is my favorite mod ever. Unless Olivier, the program's creator, has a breakthrough, there will be no chance for PB'ing your LZ or any other Stern that ships now or in the future. Your best hope is to load an obsolete version of your Stern game's code that predates the lockout. SAM games, for instance, can still be PB'd, although there's a chance that the latest MET or ST codes have the lockout, as those games had code updates after Stern decided to thwart PB. I'm not sure. I thought I read that only SPIKE II architecture lent itself to beating PB, so maybe even the latest MET and ST codes are PB-friendly.

#11183 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Because now that I've realized that all the Spike2 I've tested (and Spooky) have problems with flipper fade to some degree after long play sessions of an hour or more I'm kind of obsessed with gathering temp data for all the Spike machines to see which are better and which are worse so I can make an accurate chart for people considering buying the flipper coil cooling kit that eliminates the fade problem completely. It looks like the preliminary chart here:
[quoted image]
This is really just the beginning of this. It raises more questions than it answers, like "Why is Star Wars pretty much fade-free, while Stranger Things has severe fade over time?" I THINK it's because Star Wars has microbreaks built into the action to give the flippers a little rest all the time, and the playfield is more open compared to Stranger Things, but that doesn't account for Avengers, which has a very open playfield, but is almost as bad as Stranger Things over time (though it takes longer to get there). Lots of stuff to understand about this, but for now the flipper cooling kits fix the problem completely.

Nice chart. Good info to know. Thx

#11184 3 years ago

I have ehoh, bksor prem and a temp gauge. Are you just shooting the flipper coils? I can do that when I have time if needed

#11185 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Coil Temps? Why?

"Whaaat!!? Whaat ls it hot!!?" - Marty McFly

"It's cold. Damn cold!" - Dr. Emmett Brown

back_to_the_future_hot_cold (resized).pngback_to_the_future_hot_cold (resized).png
#11186 3 years ago

Cobra Kai

#11187 3 years ago

Just binged this weekend and am on board. Timing works for season 3...

#11188 3 years ago

So we read on the Pinball Browser thread. Sad, that. PB is my favorite mod ever. Unless Olivier, the program's creator, has a breakthrough, there will be no chance for PB'ing your LZ or any other Stern that ships now or in the future. Your best hope is to load an obsolete version of your Stern game's code that predates the lockout. SAM games, for instance, can still be PB'd, although there's a chance that the latest MET or ST codes have the lockout, as those games had code updates after Stern decided to thwart PB. I'm not sure. I thought I read that only SPIKE II architecture lent itself to beating PB, so maybe even the latest MET and ST codes are PB-friendly.

Reread the thread as it seems he’s had a breakthrough and PB is working again as of a day ago.

#11189 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Mmmm hmmmm...

#11190 3 years ago

LZ is next! What’s after that is the interesting part, what are you all hearing?

#11191 3 years ago

Well. Just announced by Stern is the Star Wars Comic Art “Pin”. Does this count as Stern’s next pinball release or is this more like a luxury toy?

#11192 3 years ago
Quoted from NJDevils30:

Well. Just announced by Stern is the Star Wars Comic Art “Pin”. Does this count as Stern’s next pinball release or is this more like a luxury toy?

Nope

#11193 3 years ago

CHICAGO, Nov. 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Stern Pinball, Inc., a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball, announced today the Star Wars™ Comic Art Pin™, a new stylish, affordable, and fun pinball machine designed and engineered for the home.
Based upon the highly successful Star Wars™ Original Consumer Pin™, Stern's new Star Wars™ Comic Art Pin™ celebrates the iconic comic artwork from the Star Wars galaxy. Star Wars™ Comic Art Pin™ immerses players in the dynamic Star Wars™ universe. The Pin™ is packed with features that provide players with an irresistible game experience including select speech and footage from the original Star Wars™ trilogy, color-changing playfield inserts, a custom sculpted Death Star, and a custom sculpted and interactive TIE fighter.
Star Wars™ Comic Art Pin™ pinball machines feature the artwork of famed comic artist, Randy Martinez. Randy has been illustrating for over 30 years receiving countless accolades for his work. Randy has been creating cartoons, caricatures, illustrations, paintings, and 3D art for Lucasfilm since 1999.
The easy-to-setup Star Wars™Comic Art Pin™ is reliable, built to last, and engineered with genuine Stern commercial-quality parts. The playfield is housed in a stylish cabinet with dynamic, high definition artwork. The all-LED playfield lighting provides optimal color and brilliant light shows.
"The Star Wars™ Comic Art Pin™ is designed to provide quality family entertainment and bring pinball fun to homes everywhere," said Gary Stern, Chairman and CEO of Stern Pinball, Inc. "We are pleased to bring these pinball machines celebrating the Star Wars™ galaxy and adventures to our fans with beautiful new comic artwork."
Complementing the immersive theme and exciting gameplay experience, Stern Pinball's powerful SPIKE™ electronics hardware system enables high-definition graphics and innovative animations. SPIKE™ reduces system complexity and energy usage, resulting in enhanced reliability and simplified servicing.
Pricing and Availability:
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP")*: $US 4,499
*MSRP for sales to USA end-users, before any VAT, GST, Sales Tax, Duties, or other taxes.
The Star Wars™ Comic Art Pin™ is available to pre-order now through authorized Stern Pinball distributors and dealers around the world.
About Stern Pinball, Inc.
Stern Pinball, Inc. is a global lifestyle brand based on the iconic and outrageously fun modern American game of pinball. Headquartered minutes from Chicago's O'Hare International Airport in the heart of North America, the company creates, designs, engineers, manufactures, markets, and distributes a full line of technologically advanced terrestrial and digital pinball games, parts, accessories, and merchandise. Stern Pinball serves digital, consumer, commercial, and corporate markets around the globe.
Recent Stern Pinball titles include Avengers:Infinity Quest, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Stranger Things, Elvira's House of Horrors, Jurassic Park, Black Knight: Sword of Rage, The Munsters, The Beatles, Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, Aerosmith, Ghostbusters, KISS, Metallica, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Star Trek, AC/DC, Batman, and Spider-Man. A broad range of players enjoy Stern Pinball's games from professional pinball players who compete in high-stakes competitions around the globe to novice players who are discovering the allure of the silver ball for the first time. To join the fun and learn more, please visit www.sternpinball.com.
STAR WARS™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
All trademarks and product names are the property of their respective companies.
CONTACT: Kaulana Dilliner, (808) 386-2560, [email protected]
SOURCE Stern Pinball, Inc

#11195 3 years ago

This wasn’t their next release, already been on the line, just new art pkg.

#11196 3 years ago

If it looks like a turd, smells like a turd, and is priced like a turd....

(and before I get grilled, I love Sterns, have 11 in my collection)

#11197 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

January is the next date for a pin if they go off of historical numbers... However... I am predicting the following:
Stern announces Star Wars "The Pin!" Comic book edition via teaser this Wednesday, 18 November. Stern follows up this announcement on 2 December with a full featured "Led Zeplin", by Steve Ritchie new original design on 2 December. I say this because of the way 2019 JP and Star Wars announcements went. We were all expecting a Jurassic Park pin but were given the "SW The PIN" news. 2 weeks later they dropped JP.
We shall see.
In any case, got my cash ready to buy what you guys sell to make room for it! My Rick and Morty is on the line too!

I said Star Wars "The Pin" for Wednesday teaser and Friday reveal... If they follow the Star Wars "The Pin" / Jurassic Park model, next reveal would be December 2nd. If not, next project reveal would be between 13 and 20 January based on past release intervals.

#11198 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I said Star Wars "The Pin" for Wednesday teaser and Friday reveal... If they follow the Star Wars "The Pin" / Jurassic Park model, next reveal would be December 2nd. If not, next project reveal would be between 13 and 20 January based on past release intervals.

What can they possible reveal other than the art, Star Wars “the pin” has been out and available for quite a while already.

#11199 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What can they possible reveal other than the art, Star Wars “the pin” has been out and available for quite a while already.

You say that as if most of the planet is familiar with this product.

#11200 3 years ago

This could be a real sleeper....

gd (resized).jpggd (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 224 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/224?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.