4E8654DC-D041-4AE8-9D8E-5F7294172B8A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Rumours (resized).jpg
33B2DB95-1A46-40F0-9BA5-F183914EF107.gif
Screenshot_20211129-003635_Instagram (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220121-232138_Instagram (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220123-220109_Instagram (resized).jpg

There are 28,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 562.
#11101 1 year ago

Queen pin >Zeppelin pin
I am a big Zeppelin fan but a Queen pin would be insane!

#11102 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Queen pin >Zeppelin pin
I am a big Zeppelin fan but a Queen pin would be insane!

I agree with you. But that's what we said about a Beatles pin. Oops.

#11103 1 year ago

The list of releases for the next two years is an over easy pass with a side of waiting for Godot. One should gaze towards the past for a list of candidates and travel all the way back. All eyes are on designer sir Keith. Would enjoy playing BTTF and might nibble on Jaws. But Harry Potter is where my heart lies and the BOM better go BOOM when premiums start at $10k.

#11104 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The list of releases for the next two years is an over easy pass with a side of waiting for Godot. One should gaze towards the past for a list of candidates and travel all the way back. All eyes are on designer sir Keith. Would enjoy playing BTTF and might nibble on Jaws. But Harry Potter is where my heart lies and the BOM better go BOOM when premiums start at $10k.

Doubtful. With so many claiming dream theme, itll get the Beatles treatment.

#11105 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Doubtful. With so many claiming dream theme, itll get the Beatles treatment.

No chance, the Beatles model wasn’t exactly a success.

If Harry Potter gets made by Stern it will be Prem, LE, Super LE treatment and they will probably add in an Ultra LE for those that must have the rarest variant on the market.

In fact with Harry Potter, Stern would be stupid not to try and raise the ceiling with an Ultra LE because regardless of what anyone thinks it would sell out.

Oh and watch Stern drop a 2k topper with Harry on his broomstick on a spring!

#11106 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Harry Potter gets made by Stern it will be Prem, LE, Super LE treatment

Harry Potter will have They, Their and Them editions. Zhe will be the one that aligns with your idea of an Ultra LE. Rowling's going overboard on her apology tour...

#11107 1 year ago

But Harry Potter isn't a 40 year old theme...
Not getting my hopes up!

#11108 1 year ago

Honestly I think Harry Potter would be better realized as a JJP. Their playfields are beautiful and would most likely pull off a HP world under glass better than Stern.

#11109 1 year ago

Give me BOND.

#11110 1 year ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Honestly I think Harry Potter would be better realized as a JJP. Their playfields are beautiful and would most likely pull off a HP world under glass better than Stern.

I think that's the feeling of the majority of pinheads. But, alas, it seems that Stern has the license, so we'll have to imagine what could have been...

#11111 1 year ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Disagree, if Stern, AP or CGC used a $12.5k BOM would be every bit as good.

#11112 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Disagree, if Stern used a $12.5k BOM would be every bit as good.

Why overspend by $3k? JJP blows away $9k Stern LEs with their $9.5k LEs right now.

#11113 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why overspend by $3k? JJP blows away $9k Stern LEs with their $9.5k LEs right now.

They did put a lot of ball interactive toys in their first 4 games.

#11114 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hear this all the time but i went to pick my AIQ on Friday and got to play GNR. Its pretty as hell but 20min and im good. I have zero desire to play it again. My friends and i put hrs into AIQ and it was a blast for everyone. I agree JJP take the time to make nice sculpts etc but most of their games just dont vibe with my tastes for gameplay. Not trying to start a war with the JJP crowd. I just dont really want any themes i like to go to JJP as i clearly dont enjoy the design team there (yet).
(Full disclosure on the previous statement toward JJP that i still have never played WOZ.)

#11115 1 year ago

Mo Flo, Mo Betta! Above or below play field. As long as it's functional.

#11116 1 year ago

Garbage take. Rowling is trash. Harry Potter is for babies.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Harry Potter will have They, Their and Them editions. Zhe will be the one that aligns with your idea of an Ultra LE. Rowling's going overboard on her apology tour...

#11117 1 year ago

If the next/future release by any manufacturer is “back to the future” , or remake of “The addams family” i know what i’m buying!

#11118 1 year ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

If the next/future release by any manufacturer is “back to the future” , or remake of “The addams family” i know what i’m buying!

Led Zeppelin? Haha

#11119 1 year ago

I'm likely in the minority but I do enjoy an upper or lower PF with 1 or 2 flippers. If something came out with 3 levels like Jaws with underwater lower PF and a Boat level upper PF where main level is ocean level id be in. Also still expecting to see a DeadFlip designed pin in the next year so I will be holding out for those 2 options. Theme is secondary for me as long as the game flows well and isn't a drain monster.

#11120 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'm likely in the minority but I do enjoy an upper or lower PF with 1 or 2 flippers. If something came out with 3 levels like Jaws with underwater lower PF and a Boat level upper PF where main level is ocean level id be in. Also still expecting to see a deadflip designed pin in the next year so I will be holding out for those 2 options. Theme is secondary for me as long as the game flows well and isn't a drain monster.

I'd want a normal size lower playfield with full size pinballs (something like KRULL or Black Hole, etc), not those weird physics bb pinballs.

#11121 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I hear this all the time but i went to pick my AIQ on Friday and got to play GNR. Its pretty as hell but 20min and im good. I have zero desire to play it again. My friends and i put hrs into AIQ and it was a blast for everyone.
(Full disclosure on the previous statement toward JJP that i still have never played WOZ.)

Haven’t played GNR yet, but your take is what I feared. It’s a concert and any concert third or fourth time through gets really old quick, no matter how much the band is liked.

I’ve played lots of WOZ and if you like straight up the middle shot geometry (that is the big reason why a middle post was put in the SDTM drain trough), along with losing track of the ball in the upper right and other areas of the PF, etc. then you’ll like WOZ.

#11122 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Haven’t played GNR yet, but your take is what I feared. It’s a concert and any concert third or fourth time through gets really old quick, no matter how much the band is liked.
I’ve played lots of WOZ and if you like straight up the middle shot geometry, with losing track of ball in the upper right PF, etc. then you’ll like WOZ.

I played it and its amazing, you liked Munsters well this kills that game. So much going on in this game its just not about a concert but that being said it does make you feel your in the front row. Best JJP by a mile nothing compares to this from them. The reason why they are selling so many and everything is delayed kinda speaks for itself right!

#11123 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd want a normal size lower playfield with full size pinballs (something like KRULL or Black Hole, etc), not those weird physics bb pinballs.

Yes fullsize lower would be amazing.

#11124 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

No chance, the Beatles model wasn’t exactly a success.
If Harry Potter gets made by Stern it will be Prem, LE, Super LE treatment and they will probably add in an Ultra LE for those that must have the rarest variant on the market.
In fact with Harry Potter, Stern would be stupid not to try and raise the ceiling with an Ultra LE because regardless of what anyone thinks it would sell out.
Oh and watch Stern drop a 2k topper with Harry on his broomstick on a spring!

You could pretty much charge my anything for an HP pin but I’d be disappointed if it was stern and not JJP.
Love me some Sterns, but the theme is so deep it really needs the JJP attention to detail.

#11125 1 year ago

JJP GNR sucks, but this is next Stern pin thread sooo moving on...

Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I played it and its amazing, you liked Munsters well this kills that game. So much going on in this game its just not about a concert but that being said it does make you feel your in the front row. Best JJP by a mile nothing compares to this from them. The reason why they are selling so many and everything is delayed kinda speaks for itself right!

#11126 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

JJP GNR sucks, but this is next Stern pin thread sooo moving on...

I kind of agree. Don't care for GNR

#11127 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I hear this all the time but i went to pick my AIQ on Friday and got to play GNR. Its pretty as hell but 20min and im good. I have zero desire to play it again. My friends and i put hrs into AIQ and it was a blast for everyone. I agree JJP take the time to make nice sculpts etc but most of their games just dont vibe with my tastes for gameplay. Not trying to start a war with the JJP crowd. I just dont really want any themes i like to go to JJP as i clearly dont enjoy the design team there (yet).

Different strokes for different folks. I played SE, and LE GnR. I can't wait until my LE comes in because I'm itching to play some more GnR. I played AIQ Pro, and I didn't dig it at all. It was set to free play at my barcade, and I played one game and a half. I wasn't feeling it. Went back to GnR and MAN what a difference. Fun is the key word. Only thing I liked about AIQ was the ball lock tower was cool. LE AIQ might differ a bit, but the Pro, dare I say...sucked. I felt like I was shooting at spinners the whole time. I think it was 4 or 5 spinners. Then a kintect ball to hit, and a spinning disc and finally two huge ramps. Nothing satisfying to shoot at, except the tower ball lock. No interest in playing that again. TMNT Pro was much better.

#11128 1 year ago

You should go read my review of GNR...you’ll have a good laugh

Quoted from trk12fire:

I kind of agree. Don't care for GNR

#11129 1 year ago

AIQ pro is most definitely lacking and I’m not completely blown away by the premium either. I think it’s the weakest Elwin design so far and the worst Zombie Yeti artwork to date. It seems rushed. It’s all good though not everything can be a hit. It’s fun for a bash, I’d play it on location but I won’t buy it.

Quoted from BallPin:

Different strokes for different folks. I played SE, and LE GnR. I can't wait until my LE comes in because I'm itching to play some more GnR. I played AIQ Pro, and I didn't dig it at all. It was set to free play at my barcade, and I played one game and a half. I wasn't feeling it. Went back to GnR and MAN what a difference. Fun is the key word. Only thing I liked about AIQ was the ball lock tower was cool. LE AIQ might differ a bit, but the Pro, dare I say...sucked. I felt like I was shooting at spinners the whole time. I think it was 4 or 5 spinners. Then a kintect ball to hit, and a spinning disc and finally two huge ramps. Nothing satisfying to shoot at, except the tower ball lock. No interest in playing that again. TMNT Pro was much better.

#11130 1 year ago
Quoted from BallPin:

...But Kaneda we would not ever expect you to like much of anything Stern. Your Stern hate is quite evident, Chris. (Reminding you, that this is a Stern’s next machine thread and not a JJP/GNR promotion thread. Please leave your JJP lovefest to your podcast.)

#11131 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Not trying to start a war with the JJP crowd.

I just find it funny there is a "JJP crowd" or "Stern crowd", loyalty to a brand and shitting on another brand is so confusing to me. Like I like cars, I prefer McLaren, but that doesn't mean I'll shit on Ferrari and Lamborghini and say McLaren can do no wrong. Just weird how people hitch themselves to sides and it's all or nothing. I think everyone likes pinball, that's why we are hear, but the "war" or arguments by lumping all machines as a brand is silly. I Love some Sterns, hates some Sterns, I love some JJPs, hate some JJPs, I love some CGC, dislike others. It's weird that "fan boys" are so passionate and not open minded up other pinball machines. I love Elvira, TMNT, Stranger Things, but I really dislike AIQ. I love Dialed In, GnR, but dislike Wonka. I prefer JJP machines but Stern prices! I don't know, I think we should be more open minded. It's cool you don't like GnR, I personally think it's the best LCD pinball machine I've ever played, but I get it if you don't like it. The theme is a band after all and that's why I won't play Iron Madian, not a fan of the band, but the machine I heard was great. Anyways, I don't even know why I responded to this, I just think this message and the open previous to this #11130 have herd mentality, and it's honestly quite comical to see it in this thread and other threads.

#11132 1 year ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Led Zeppelin? Haha

My wife would sure like it! I am also a big zeppelin fan but my next pin is going to be bttf! Well, technically my next pin is going to be TMNT on tues , if delivered on time, but after that its gonna be bttf!

#11133 1 year ago

I'd like stern to remake the first Avengers but tighten up the shots and call it Charlie Murphies True hollywood Stories. Dream machine.

#11134 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'd like stern to remake the first Avengers but tighten up the shots and call it Charlie Murphies True hollywood Stories. Dream machine.

Comes with pancake mix and a blouse in the goodie bag?

#11135 1 year ago
Quoted from BallPin:

I just find it funny there is a "JJP crowd" or "Stern crowd", loyalty to a brand and shitting on another brand is so confusing to me. Like I like cars, I prefer McLaren, but that doesn't mean I'll shit on Ferrari and Lamborghini and say McLaren can do no wrong. Just weird how people hitch themselves to sides and it's all or nothing. I think everyone likes pinball, that's why we are hear, but the "war" or arguments by lumping all machines as a brand is silly. I Love some Sterns, hates some Sterns, I love some JJPs, hate some JJPs, I love some CGC, dislike others. It's weird that "fan boys" are so passionate and not open minded up other pinball machines. I love Elvira, TMNT, Stranger Things, but I really dislike AIQ. I love Dialed In, GnR, but dislike Wonka. I prefer JJP machines but Stern prices! I don't know, I think we should be more open minded. It's cool you don't like GnR, I personally think it's the best LCD pinball machine I've ever played, but I get it if you don't like it. The theme is a band after all and that's why I won't play Iron Madian, not a fan of the band, but the machine I heard was great. Anyways, I don't even know why I responded to this, I just think this message and the open previous to this #11130 have herd mentality, and it's honestly quite comical to see it in this thread and other threads.

Sounds like you just misread the thread title. Maybe you need to start a next pinball machine thread that unifies all pinball manufacturers into one harmonious unit. Good luck with that though. Its not herd mentality. Its knowing what you like. Stern puts out enough game per year that ill likely enjoy at least one. The other guys put one fme out every few years so the pressure is on. I like Rick and Morty (the show) and GnR (well, appetite at least). Not enjoying those games (hated Hot wheels).
Ive yet to have a game from American or JJP that meshed with my style. TNA is great but nkt much id like from spooky. In 3yrs Stern has made several games ive really enjoyed. Imdn, Dp, Jp, Ehoh, Aiq.
That doesnt mean they didnt also make Munsters, BK and Stanger things. (Yuck).
Idk its 2am. Time to shut up. Goodnight lol

#11136 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I agree with you. But that's what we said about a Beatles pin. Oops.

So, you would buy a Queen pin, but not if it's based on an old design, or not if it's priced high?

#11137 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

So, you would buy a Queen pin, but not if it's based on an old design, or not if it's priced high?

Correct on both counts. I was in on Beatles until I saw the game and what they were asking for it. (And keep in mind this is coming from somebody who traveled to Montreaux just to see Freddie's statue...)

#11138 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Correct on both counts. I was in on Beatles until I saw the game and what they were asking for it. (And keep in mind this is coming from somebody who traveled to Montreaux just to see Freddie's statue...)

Yeah, I'd love to have a Queen (much more than Zep) but NOT if it's an old pin retheme like Beatles, and also NOT if it's a Kapow/Stern money grab with massively inflated prices and no Pro.

#11139 1 year ago

I am down for a LED ZEPPELIN LE so i just hope they do not stuff this up.

#11140 1 year ago

On the line. Like it or not?.

7F7CBE94-1EAF-4022-A71A-58BF4739E0D2 (resized).png
#11141 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Why even give this game any attention? I feel so bad for the pinball newbs that paid pro pricing for a zizzle pin.

#11142 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

So, you would buy a pin, but not if it's based on an old design, or not if it's priced high?

Speaking of......

Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

#11143 1 year ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Next pin reveal due 17 January
I was way off and Stern released pin 42 days ahead of prediction. Next Stern Pin due to be revealed in 17 January. Math below.
Predicted Reveal date: 1/17/2020
Last year we had Munsters, Black Knight, Jurassic Park, and Stranger Things. So far this year all we've had is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Avengers Infinity War as a cornerstone game following the pro/premium/LE model. On top of that, if you are only measuring time between cornerstone games launched in the past 3 years (after switching over to LCD), you come up with 137 days between releases. Therefore, I am going to official predict an official reveal around 17 January.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
The average time between releases is now 137 days.
Next Stern Stern Pin is due on or about 17 January.
No idea what the game is or who is on code.

The odds of there being anothe big release before Christmas are extremely high I agree, but based off of time between pins January 17th is the magic date. I have heard that as it is they can't keep up with demand for TMNT.

January is the next date for a pin if they go off of historical numbers... However... I am predicting the following:

Stern announces Star Wars "The Pin!" Comic book edition via teaser this Wednesday, 18 November. Stern follows up this announcement on 2 December with a full featured "Led Zeplin", by Steve Ritchie new original design on 2 December. I say this because of the way 2019 JP and Star Wars announcements went. We were all expecting a Jurassic Park pin but were given the "SW The PIN" news. 2 weeks later they dropped JP.

We shall see.

In any case, got my cash ready to buy what you guys sell to make room for it! My Rick and Morty is on the line too!

#11144 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Ugh. Terrible

#11145 1 year ago

January is the next date for a pin if they go off of historical numbers... However... I am predicting the following:
Stern announces Star Wars "The Pin!" Comic book edition via teaser this Wednesday, 18 November. Stern follows up this announcement on 2 December with a full featured "Led Zeplin", by Steve Ritchie new original design on 2 December. I say this because of the way 2019 JP and Star Wars announcements went. We were all expecting a Jurassic Park pin but were given the "SW The PIN" news. 2 weeks later they dropped JP.
We shall see.
In any case, got my cash ready to buy what you guys sell to make room for it! My Rick and Morty is on the line too!

Rumor has it that LZ was supposed to hit the line this past Friday.

#11146 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Why is the woman wearing a kitchen cleaning glove? We are not over the Thanos glove yet and then we get this?

#11147 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Rumor has it that LZ was supposed to hit the line this past Friday.

Supposed to... has there been a delay?

Would be great to see LZ finally released for all those that have been patiently waiting.

#11148 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Supposed to... has there been a delay?
Would be great to see LZ finally released for all those that have been patiently waiting.

Haven’t heard anything about a delay.

#11149 1 year ago

LZ, no thanks, like the band and music but not for pinball. BTTF all the way!

#11150 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

LZ, no thanks, like the band and music but not for pinball. BTTF all the way!

It’s about as fitting as any other music pin to date so bring it on already!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 28,098 posts in this topic. You are on page 223 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!