Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 938.
#11051 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

First and last rolling off the line

Jody said the run is 300.

#11052 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jody said the run is 300.

They also recently said they ran 1964 Beatles, when as far as anyone knows they barely made over 1000 and didn't go back to finish the job due to poor demand for Golds.

#11053 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They also recently said they ran 1964 Beatles

Never heard of that, just that this is the set limit.

On Virtual Expo Stern/ Kaminkow even said that stere's still quantities available.

#11054 3 years ago

I doubt very seriously if there will be a Stern release before the new year. They have a hot pinball that they have not been able to fill all the orders. They are backed up and do not plan to catch up until June. Finally I believe Stern wants to get back on schedule. (Like all of us.) My guess is early 2021 and it will be a Steve pin as we have not seen anything from him in 2020.

#11055 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Never heard of that, just that this is the set limit.
On Virtual Expo Stern/ Kaminkow even said that stere's still quantities available.

There was an interview within the last week or two where they said they made 1964 Beatles, which isn't true.

#11056 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There was an interview within the last week or two where they said they made 1964 Beatles, which isn't true.

Hopefully Stern learns their lesson from so badly overpricing Beatles. Could have sold many and paid for the license many times over if they had just used regular Stern 3 tier pricing. I don’t get why the greedy pricing? Doesn’t make good business sense at all.

#11057 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hopefully Stern learns their lesson from so badly overpricing Beatles. Could have sold many and paid for the license many times over if they had just used regular Stern 3 tier pricing. I don’t get why the greedy pricing? Doesn’t make good business sense at all.

I think it was just an attempt to find another way to force machines into the channel with the action figure case pack rarity model. Unfortunately, they needed about 2x as many diamonds to push out all the golds. Once the diamonds were all gone on the first 1000 machines, no one wanted to take the overpriced golds. Also, making the platinum and diamonds have NO SPECIAL EXTRAS for the huge bumps in price was madness.

I'm glad the scheme failed.

#11058 3 years ago

Feels like they could just keep running JP, EHoH, TMNT and AIQ on the lines for another half year. I heard there's another run of DP to do as well.

#11059 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Feels like they could just keep running JP, EHoH, TMNT and AIQ on the lines for another half year. I heard there's another run of DP to do as well.

How long before Stern bites the bullet and automates a large part of their line? There are no COVID shutdowns or bottlenecks for robots.

#11060 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How long before Stern bites the bullet and automates a large part of their line? There are no COVID shutdowns or bottlenecks for robots.

Is it a manpower issue or a supply chain problem or both? I know electronic components were scarce for awhile. Robots seem like a good idea but the intricacy of pinball building seems not to jive with mass production. I can see maybe the cabs being built and some subassemblies but the playfield in particular would be madness.

#11061 3 years ago

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/09/business/eu-tariffs-boeing-airbus/index.html

Looks like whatever the next Stern is, it’s going to be beyond expensive for us across the pond.

#11062 3 years ago
Quoted from Judgeworm:

Is it a manpower issue or a supply chain problem or both? I know electronic components were scarce for awhile. Robots seem like a good idea but the intricacy of pinball building seems not to jive with mass production. I can see maybe the cabs being built and some subassemblies but the playfield in particular would be madness.

Yeah, they can't automate the whole thing, but a lot of the stuff is almost there now. The template they make custom for each game that's basically a sheet of metal they lay over the playfield to to guide the hole drilling could be completely automated with the same or better precision. Posts and ball guides could likely be automated. Somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 the work should be automate-able so Stern could do more with less crew, or a LOT more with the same crew. Of course the transition would take at least a few years.

#11063 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Let's not forget the SW Pro I bought in August and have yet to receive.

#11064 3 years ago

Trying to find excitement for next Stern, but damn.

My list of themes I would like doesn’t jive with what’s coming out lately.

Wait and see if pf issues improve also.

#11065 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Trying to find excitement for next Stern, but damn.
My list of themes I would like doesn’t jive with what’s coming out lately.
Wait and see if pf issues improve also.

Jaws, Queen.. what's your pleasure? (.. that quote from Hellraiser, which wouldn't be half that bad for a theme..)

#11066 3 years ago

I thought I heard a rumor on that It was going to be Led Zeppelin going on the line and out in Dec. So when is Godzilla comming out then? March ?

#11067 3 years ago

So no clash of the titans coming next?

#11068 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Let's not forget the SW Pro I bought in August and have yet to receive.

Ooof. I have a deposit down on a Maiden Premium that's supposed to be built this month, but have held off paying entirely for fear of something like this happening.

#11069 3 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Ooof. I have a deposit down on a Maiden Premium that's supposed to be built this month, but have held off paying entirely for fear of something like this happening.

Id try to find a Nice low mileage one local,

#11070 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

So no clash of the titans coming next?

That would actually be a cool theme..

#11071 3 years ago

I’m happy when themes miss me. Don’t have enough money to buy 5 games a year.

#11072 3 years ago

please no more retro themes. i don't even like stranger things, but i think it was a good idea. we need current stuff to be licensed for games. bttf is just such and outdated movie that wasn't that good. i can't even imagine what a clunker it would be with old movie clips on the screen and elements for the 3rd movie, the western flop.

my thoughts, make more rock games, a DC comic game, the mandalorian (that would be really good), or james bond (the new movies with daniel craig, not the old ones). leave bttf, jaws, ET, goonies, die hard, etc. buried in the 70's and 80's.

#11073 3 years ago

Bring on Tenacious D with Jack Black on the callouts this could be a cool rock/comedy pin.

#11074 3 years ago

Jason? .... Friday the 13th

IMG-20201111-WA0095 (resized).jpgIMG-20201111-WA0095 (resized).jpg
#11075 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

[quoted image]

Jason was the code name for TMNT.

#11076 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Jason was the code name for TMNT.

The amount of time TMNT was expected to be on the line. July, August, September, October, November.

#11077 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would be more believable if you could name the source.

Anyways, IF he really said so and you didn’t mishear I guess it was just a hiccup since he always told it how it is, that 1964 machines are the limit and yes that they‘re still available.

#11078 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

[quoted image]

Jason=Tmnt

Beat me to it.
I made a list of game codes. Someone posted it to a thread.

#11079 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

bttf is just such and outdated movie that wasn't that good.

I don’t know I personally think this movie was GREAT.... Scott!

i can't even imagine what a clunker it would be with old movie clips on the screen and elements for the 3rd movie, the western flop.

I can imagine how amazing it would be with those many iconic scenes & elements from all three movies. While yes I will agree with you heavily weighted on I & II.

leave bttf, jaws, ET, goonies, die hard, etc. buried in the 70's and 80's.

The only ET element of this conversation that should remain buried is the Atari 2600 cartridges in Alamogordo, New Mexico. But please let’s all hope someday we can travel to Hill Valley (no matter the year), Amity Island, The Green Planet, Astoria Oregon, & The Nakatomi tower through the world under glass.

#11080 3 years ago

Jason and the Argonauts !

3914C1BA-BE53-44F0-9571-74D458813E76 (resized).png3914C1BA-BE53-44F0-9571-74D458813E76 (resized).png
#11081 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Jaws, Queen.. what's your pleasure? (.. that quote from Hellraiser, which wouldn't be half that bad for a theme..)

If someone could superimpose Garys' head on PinHead....

#11082 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’m happy when themes miss me. Don’t have enough money to buy 5 games a year.

I like your well rounded collection.

I totally know what you mean by unwanted themes as I totally agree.

#11083 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

But please let’s all hope someday we can travel to Hill Valley (no matter the year), Amity Island, The Green Planet, Astoria Oregon, & The Nakatomi tower through the world under glass.

Also San Dimas

#11084 3 years ago
981BC9BB-2B6B-454B-BEF0-DA2B77D9C4F5 (resized).jpeg981BC9BB-2B6B-454B-BEF0-DA2B77D9C4F5 (resized).jpeg
#11085 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If someone could superimpose Garys' head on PinHead....

#EpicScene

#11086 3 years ago

jason - tmnt

#11087 3 years ago

Medieval Madness is as close as you can get. Needs some knight who say Ni though

#11088 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I like your well rounded collection.
I totally know what you mean by unwanted themes as I totally agree.

Still don’t have anything from JJP but hopefully that changes soon. Need to play a GnR SE before I decide on that one. Or I’m optimistic about Toy Story.

#11089 3 years ago

grail_translite (resized).jpggrail_translite (resized).jpg

It should be done by summer!

#11091 3 years ago

New Stern announcement Wednesday the 18th!

#11092 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Where did you get info???

#11093 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Don't get too excited.

#11094 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Probably just that connector/chip that lets streamers directly show their screen on twitch instead of using a camera.

I swear ZMeny if this thing is like $120 people will go ballistic...

#11095 3 years ago

Hopefully not...they are due for another game reveal

Quoted from CashMoney:

Probably just that connector/chip that lets streamers directly show their screen on twitch instead of using a camera.
I swear zmeny if thing is like $120 people will go ballistic...

#11096 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hopefully not...they are due for another game reveal

When I hear the Immigrant Led Zeppelin song I can't help but think of Thor... I'd Imagine that Thor will get his own game eventually just as Iron Man & Guardians of the Galaxy... come time in 2022 when Thor: Love and Thunder comes out.

tenor.giftenor.gif
#11097 3 years ago

I hope not...superhero shit is lame haha

Quoted from mrclean:

When I hear the Immigrant Led Zeppelin song I can't help but think of Thor... I'd Imagine that Thor will get his own game eventually just as Iron Man & Guardians of the Galaxy... come time in 2022 when Thor: Love and Thunder comes out.
[quoted image]

#11098 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I hope not...superhero shit is lame haha

Well speaking of lame...

To see potentially what could be on the 2 year horizon for Stern / JJP or whomever...Looking strictly at some 2022 movies.... Is Hollywood running out of ideas or is it that they know we love some of these franchises ?

Thor 4
Jurassic World 3 Dominion
Captain Marvel 2
Aqua Man 2
Fast & Furious 10
Indiana Jones 5
Sonic 2
John Wick 4
Scream 5
Mission Impossible 8
Black Panther 2
The Batman 78 lol

#11099 3 years ago

Hard pass on every single one of those.

Quoted from mrclean:

Well speaking of lame...
To see potentially what could be on the 2 year horizon for Stern / JJP or whomever...Looking strictly at some 2022 movies.... Is Hollywood running out of ideas or is it that they know we love some of these franchises ?
Thor 4
Jurassic World 3 Dominion
Captain Marvel 2
Aqua Man 2
Fast & Furious 10
Indiana Jones 5
Sonic 2
John Wick 4
Scream 5
Mission Impossible 8
Black Panther 2
The Batman 78 lol

#11100 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hard pass on every single one of those.

Easy pass

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/222?hl=truthdivides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.