maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 940.
#11001 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Of course there is differing opinion, you kidding me? How is it different than saying GNR, LZ or Goonies or any title for that matter is a hard pass.
Nothing wrong with BTTF but there is already an adequate BTTF pin and I prefer to see a theme that hasn’t been made yet.

It was a joke (don’t know if you know what banter is stateside?) of course there’s differing opinions, I have no interest in LZ, then again I wouldn’t get upset and downvote someone if they made a joke about my opinion

#11002 3 years ago

I don’t think BTTF is actually happening. I think it’s just wishful thinking like Jaws.

#11003 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It was a joke (don’t know if you know what banter is stateside?) of course there’s differing opinions, I have no interest in LZ, then again I wouldn’t get upset and downvote someone if they made a joke about my opinion

Ok I removed

#11004 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I don’t think BTTF is actually happening. I think it’s just wishful thinking like Jaws.

I think it will happen at some point just don’t think it’s the next cornerstone from Stern.

Maybe next Kapow game?

#11005 3 years ago

Sorry if it wasn’t clear it was meant as a light hearted joke, no offence intended, I hate having to put the sarcasm emoji at the end of anything remotely poking the fun at stuff, but I guess I that’s why it’s there

#11006 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry if it wasn’t clear it was meant as a light hearted joke, no offence intended, I hate having to put the sarcasm emoji at the end of anything remotely poking the fun at stuff, but I guess I that’s why it’s there

No offense taken

#11007 3 years ago

Gary has repeatedly said that btf is not attainable. Christopher Lloyd is the hold out on TAF, and that was a far lesser role. You're not getting btf.

I'm sure you'll get your Zepp remake though. Enjoy! Lol

#11008 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Supposedly it's not a remake. If it is, I just saved $8k.

#11009 3 years ago

Pretty sure mnpinball has said it’s not a remake, isn’t his track record about 99% on the money.

#11010 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I played it was very blinky. The strange thing to me is how much praise GnR is getting from Flip n Out podcast last one where they were all over GnR like it’s the second coming as if they were saying it's pinball at the next level. To me, it’s a very visually stunning game but the gameplay is meh. I’d rather have a nice Tron.

Sounds like Zach has commited to too many units. Jk

#11011 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

there is already an adequate BTTF pin

Whoa whoa whoa. Lets not get crazy with the hyperbole. DE BTTF is such a let down for.fans of BTTF and pinball. Only thing it did right was get the rights to the songs.

#11012 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Gary has repeatedly said that btf is not attainable. Christopher Lloyd is the hold out on TAF, and that was a far lesser role. You're not getting btf.

.......sorry to be that guy but Christopher Llyod is ancient now. His family/estate might not be as hard to negotiate with in a few years.

#11013 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:Whoa whoa whoa. Lets not get crazy with the hyperbole. DE BTTF is such a let down for.fans of BTTF and pinball. Only thing it did right was get the rights to the songs.

He simply said the existing BTTF was 'adequate', nothing more...

#11014 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

.......sorry to be that guy but Christopher Llyod is ancient now. His family/estate might not be as hard to negotiate with in a few years.

I don’t think it matters if it’s now or in ten years, Christopher is super active within the BTTF circuit and he’s the guy that would most likely get MJF to join the party.

They reconnected on the BTTF circuit a good few years back and have been doing a lot of appearances and promotions for BTTF products, that was up until covid screwed up everything.

#11015 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No offense taken

Lol, I imagined that reply in Darth Vader's voice..!

#11016 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

..also upvoted because of your cool avatar!! Man, don't I love my Tron Pro!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11017 3 years ago

I think BTTF is Keith's next game, but not until 2021.

#11018 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah but Chris Lloyd isn't doing his own licensing deals. I doubt his agent/family change that much about how business is done when he passes.

I feel like most of the reputation that Lloyd is so hard to deal came with Farsight trying to make a digital TAF. And really it sounded more like he was prohibitively expensive for what Farsight does than he was so difficult to work with.

Money talks. BTTF was licensed as a clip for Stranger Things and Chris Lloyd has done Doc Brown cameo stuff. Heck, someone got him to hype a BTTF cameo in a Lil Nas video the other day https://www.today.com/popculture/michael-j-fox-appears-marty-mcfly-new-commercial-t198064

#11019 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, I imagined that reply in Darth Vader's voice..!

Lol

#11020 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

He simply said the existing BTTF was 'adequate', nothing more...

Exactly, adequate is a very loose word, it merely exists isn’t great and isn’t terrible.

#11021 3 years ago

If its BTTF and theres a likeness issue, then maybe Gary and the Faris kid can reprise their roles as Doc and Marty for the artwork! No issue there, right?

#11022 3 years ago

I refuse to believe anyone thinks the BTTF pinball machine by DE is adequate! Or that BTTF is a hard push!!!

never!!!

yeah I'm joking

but not really.....

50/50 joking?

Or maybe 0/100?

I'm not sure haha

#11023 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

If its BTTF and theres a likeness issue, then maybe Gary and the Faris kid can reprise their roles as Doc and Marty for the artwork! No issue there, right?

What is the truth though behind the MJF likeness stuff?

I’ve heard MJF wanted no part of it at the time but I’ve also heard he was just too busy at the time that it stopped at his agent and MJF didn’t even know about the pin.

Anyone able to confirm who actually knows the truth?

#11024 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think BTTF is Keith's next game, but not until 2021.

Please let this be true. Everything Elwin touches is GOLD.

#11025 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Please let this be true. Everything Elwin touches is GOLD.

Can Keith really put out another game this year? The guys a machine but there was what a year between JP and AIQ? No way he can get another out the door this year is there?

I’d also like to avoid it happening this year as Keith and AIQ has proven to be the best pin I’ve ever owned, so another Keith game with must have theme for me is likely gonna be a must have for me.

#11026 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can Keith really put out another game this year? The guys a machine but there was what a year between JP and AIQ? No way he can get another out the door this year is there?
I’d also like to avoid it happening this year as Keith and AIQ has proven to be the best pin I’ve ever owned, so another Keith game with must have theme for me is likely gonna be a must have for me.

I believe Shapeshifter said for 2021.

I agree, AIQ is the best game I own and we are only on 0.93 code! It will probably be Elwins best game to-date once the code is finished.

#11027 3 years ago

please no back to future. old movie...we've had enough retro themes. the 3rd movie was horrible. why would anyone wanat that? do you wand flux capacitor and outdated car bash toy on your playfield? or old movie clips?

#11028 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

do you wand flux capacitor and outdated car bash toy on your playfield? or old movie clips?

Yes and yes. Thanks for asking.

#11029 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

please no back to future. old movie...we've had enough retro themes. the 3rd movie was horrible. why would anyone wanat that? do you wand flux capacitor and outdated car bash toy on your playfield? or old movie clips?

pinside_BTTF (resized).pngpinside_BTTF (resized).png
#11030 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

hard pass on BTTF? Not just a pass but hard pass.
My god - there really is a differing opinion on everything.

He's probably still scarred from the Data East one. We all are to some degree...

#11031 3 years ago

Anyone know who’s up for code??

#11032 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone know who’s up for code??

If LZ is Ritchies won’t it be Tim on code again after BKSOR? Didn’t Keith mention on the stern podcast they are kinda in their own little design teams now?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11033 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Yes, yes I do.

#11034 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

There is clearly a love-hate for this game. I'm proudly in the absolute hate. I think the layout sucks ass. The shots are boring. The annoying tie fighter crap is awful. The multiplier rules DO suck. The mode selection sucks. Pro has a ship on a spring, typical ramps and three mid-pf standups? The LE at least has the death lock and the high-speed engine.
I would have bought this game in a second if it was designed well with a good ruleset. I've played the crap out of it (mostly the pro, but I have had two long sessions on the LE), and it's beyond mediocre. Owners will rant and rave and insist, but you're going to have to face reality: MANY people who know and have played this game enough to know it well dislike it. It's the same as the Ghostbusters crowd. That's another turd. At least black knight, the most stripped down modern pin ever made, shoots well and has pretty good code.

I actually don't own the pin anymore. Sold it after owning it well over a year. Does that suddenly and magically give me more credibility since I don't own it?

Believe me, I am not trying to change your mind. I am very aware of how many people feel about the pin. That's why I specifically said that it was shame that more people don't appreciate how great the ruleset really is.

#11035 3 years ago

SW is fantastic I could have bought any pin but picked SW not everyone likes the same pins equally.

Back to LZ I’m glad it’s Ritchie because he’s one of my favorite designers. LZ is my all time favorite. Never saw them in concert but did see Robert Plant.

I was thinking of buying EHOH but I’ll wait to see how LZ looks. I’m not an automatic buy because of any theme I think that’s silly.

#11036 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I prefer to see a theme that hasn’t been made yet.

It would have been a shame if EHoH did not get made due to that logic.
The game (at version 1.01) is a Lyman masterpiece.

#11037 3 years ago

Buy EHOH...it’s amazing. Deeep deeep deep game. Wait a year to buy LZ after the code has matured.

Quoted from rai:

SW is fantastic I could have bought any pin but picked SW not everyone likes the same pins equally.
Back to LZ I’m glad it’s Ritchie because he’s one of my favorite designers. LZ is my all time favorite. Never saw them in concert but did see Robert Plant.
I was thinking of buying EHOH but I’ll wait to see how LZ looks. I’m not an automatic buy because of any theme I think that’s silly.

#11038 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Gnr is great theme, I just dont like how jjp games feel. Maybe this one will change my mind, if I get a chance to play. I prefer the strong snappy flippers, and like SR designs in the past. And for the price of a true LE, you get a limited game. Jjp 15 to 2000 more, for 1 of 5000, or however many they end up making.

I’m also not a big jjp fan (WOZ and Wonka are just ok and I do not like Hobbit at all)but when I played dialed in at the Allentown show two years ago the flippers and overall gameplay “feel” was the closest I’ve experienced to how my monster bash played after opening it NIB back in 1998. My sister in law agreed. She also purchased MB NIB in 1998.
Haven’t played Gnr yet. Curious to see how it plays.

#11039 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Buy EHOH...it’s amazing. Deeep deeep deep game. Wait a year to buy LZ after the code has matured.

Won't take a year. Lyman is not working on it.

#11040 3 years ago

Mmm, Lyman must be into his next title by now .

Anyone care to speculate on what it may be ?

#11041 3 years ago

Screenshot_20201110-200847_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201110-200847_Instagram (resized).jpg

Is this not a new game?

#11042 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

[quoted image]
Is this not a new game?

First and last rolling off the line

#11043 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

[quoted image]
Is this not a new game?

No...in a few ways.
Its a reskin home pin and it was announced before Avengers (maybe even TMNT)

#11044 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

First and last rolling off the line

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No...in a few ways.

Thanks, I'd delete it but maybe I'm not the only idiot thinking that from their post

#11045 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I played it was very blinky. The strange thing to me is how much praise GnR is getting from Flip n Out podcast last one where they were all over GnR like it’s the second coming as if they were saying it's pinball at the next level. To me, it’s a very visually stunning game but the gameplay is meh. I’d rather have a nice Tron.

Was wondering if Zach was still a Stern distributor the way he carries on about anything JJP. Think his words and actions say he’d take a JJP game all day long over Stern. Too bad: as a distributor, you’d better stay pretty neutral and not be overly enthused on just one specific company, especially when that one company only puts out 1 game every 2 years, versus Stern doing nearly 8 during that same period. Don’t think FlipnOut pinball would survive on just 1 title every 2 years, no matter how good he thinks a box of mainly just blinking lights may look, with some rockin music.

#11046 3 years ago

When Larry owned Flip-n-out he didn’t have Stern at all, so there is a large JJP customer base there. Zach leans JJP but he will push anything that is hot.

#11047 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No...in a few ways.

Damn shame this thing is retailing at like 8K. Music slaps and gameplay looks fast n fun. Definitely prefer this theme over SW (know I'm in the minority there).

#11048 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Damn shame this thing is retailing at like 8K. Music slaps and gameplay looks fast n fun. Definitely prefer this theme over SW (know I'm in the minority there).

If this was priced like the SW home pin I would consider it.

#11049 3 years ago

You guys missed the Nike shoe in the background of that Instagram photo above. BTTF confirmed

#11050 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

You guys missed the Nike shoe in the background of that Instagram photo above. BTTF confirmed

That's either a great hint or an even better troll, but that leg and shoe can't be there by accident.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
14,000 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 46,992 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/221 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.