20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 942.
#10951 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Who are these "many people " you have been given permission to speak on behalf of? Friends who personally comment to me about the game agree that its a game where once you understand the game and how to work the multipliers its addictive. The layout is SR butter. Btw it ain't hard to get a name up on one in the wild... I wouldn't be grandstanding your accomplishment so eagerly.

I bought SW Pro NIB and it was the most horrible game I ever owned.
Aside from the multipliers and barren playfield, things were missoldered and the Horseshoe fed straight into the drain.

Got 1000 Bucks and a fully modded Star Trek Pro for it wich was a blast.

#10952 3 years ago

bought mine SW new in the box without playing it first . ( RISKY )
It's a lot of fun and just brutal love a game that challenge you ....

Not going anywhere , well I have traded pins with friends this way we both get to try out something new .

#10953 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Any truth to Kanedas speculation of a Led Zeppelin announcement coming this Friday? I feel like Kapow BTTF should be the holiday announcement. Hmmmm

Where did he say this?

#10954 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Any truth to Kanedas speculation of a Led Zeppelin announcement coming this Friday? I feel like Kapow BTTF should be the holiday announcement. Hmmmm

Even Kaneda would say it isn‘t true because he didn‘t say that.

He said he heard it‘s ready to go on the line by the end of this week but will be announced in December.
Since Stern made and shipped the overseas games before the game is even announced before, this order of things is not impossible.

#10955 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Me too..I need a new pin and I think I’m passing on GNR.

Oh hell, I passed on that long ago

#10956 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Even Kaneda would say it isn‘t true because he didn‘t say that.
He said he heard it‘s ready to go on the line by the end of this week but will be announced in December.
Since Stern made and shipped the overseas games before the game is even announced before, this order of things is not impossible.

If the intent is to have games in homes before the holidays im thinking next two weeks would make sense for announcement.

#10957 3 years ago

I’ll randomly speculate build games for the next two weeks, announce on Black Friday, have some pros on location that weekend, full media blitz on Monday

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10958 3 years ago

Gnr. Ya, ill stay with stern. No problems on ones I've owned, yet.

Screenshot_20201109-181336_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201109-181336_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#10959 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If the intent is to have games in homes before the holidays im thinking next two weeks would make sense for announcement.

Sterns completely fine with announcing December 23rd.

#10960 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Sterns completely fine with announcing December 23rd.

They won’t. Black Friday or sooner is my bet as mentioned above.

#10961 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Who are these "many people " you have been given permission to speak on behalf of? Friends who personally comment to me about the game agree that its a game where once you understand the game and how to work the multipliers its addictive. The layout is SR butter. Btw it ain't hard to get a name up on one in the wild... I wouldn't be grandstanding your accomplishment so eagerly.

This is from the first 11 reviews. 4/11 were good, one was sort of good, but on the fence. The rest are right here for you. You can keep reading if you want to go there yourself.

mal7887

I'll admit, I'm not a huge Stern fan, but I am grateful that they are still making machines and all that the do for this hobby. Having said that... Did we really need another Star Wars Pin? I am a big Star Wars fan... but Meh, I just wasn't that entertained playing this game. I found the play to be very repetitive and boring. After playing a few games, I have no desire to play it ever again.

Pyromedic

Such high hopes to get a game worthy of the theme. Such a let down.
It's STAR WARS! deserves so much better. :sighs:
1983 Star wars video still the gold standard for the franchise.

klyguy533

This one is a big letdown. I don't understand why its rated so high. The best part of the game is shooting the death star and maybe the tie fighter. When the game feels like its flowing your just playing catch with yourself through the loops. The side drains are oppressive which really kills the game. Many, many balls l never touched because they side drained (including the ball save) without ever making it to the flipper. Just when the ball gets in play it gets taken away.

Daditude

As a huge Star Wars fan, this game was a letdown for me. On one hand, the call outs and sounds are some of the best in pinball (I am certainly partial, however), and the artwork is good. On the other hand, this is one of the most barren modern pins in existence. The premium has the hyperloop, which helps.
I will say that there are a ton of modes, so if you are a mode and/or flow player, this is far more likely to be your speed.

MasterReese

Found this game to be a huge letdown. I think the the theme integration is very poor and doesn’t have enough shoots. The one thing I like is probably the ball going in a loop to destroy the Death Star. I love the the Star Wars theme and I feel very disappointed in this game.

Frostbite

I played a few games at a mall, i may be the minority here but i think there is too much flow. For awhile i felt like i was playing catch with my self, flip the ball up it would loop around and come back down towards my other flipper. Didn't care for the little lcd, i felt like the playfield was cheapend up to be able to put the lcd in it. Steve Ritchie's next game Black Knight Sword of Rage Pro blows this out of the water.

Ecw0930

I'm a huge star wars fan. Huge.
Big let down with this game. It's got too much going on. I wanted to play pinball. This is video games and pinball. The shots are tricky. Outlanes are too hungry. Way to hungry. The one I played was probably not tuned up and taken care of the best. But still. Directions were not clear in the game.
It was fun. Hitting the tie fighter, the death star. Cool. But I wanted more ...

#10962 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They won’t. Black Friday or sooner is my bet as mentioned above.

I am predicting an announcement early December... second week with games ready to go. I think Kman is on the money. Make games for 3 weeks and then announce the gane, ready to ship. I do think Stern have multiple titles ready and can change around announcement dates or titles to suit themselves

#10963 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just to translate your up/down votes (of which I did neither): The upvote was for the idea of an LZ announcement Friday. Your downvote was for mentioning Kaneda.

#10964 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Oh hell, I passed on that long ago

I can't believe you guys passed on GNR. Have you seen the light show and all the toys???

#10965 3 years ago

Sad to see the GNR playfields. It’s a shame. So sad. All my new Sterns are chipping. They are ignoring my request for new playfields. I’ve been requesting these for over a year. I’m sending a machine back at my cost and requesting a new populated playfield now!! They can get lost!! I’ll never buy another NIB pin. They are poorly built!! All of them!!

#10966 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Sad to see the GNR playfields. It’s a shame. So sad. All my new Sterns are chipping. They are ignoring my request for new playfields. I’ve been requesting these for over a year. I’m sending a machine back at my cost and requesting a new populated playfield now!! They can get lost!! I’ll never buy another NIB pin. They are poorly built!! All of them!!

Let us know how the machine sending back goes.

#10967 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can't believe you guys passed on GNR. Have you seen the light show and all the toys???

Gnr is great theme, I just dont like how jjp games feel. Maybe this one will change my mind, if I get a chance to play. I prefer the strong snappy flippers, and like SR designs in the past. And for the price of a true LE, you get a limited game. Jjp 15 to 2000 more, for 1 of 5000, or however many they end up making.

#10968 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Gnr. Ya, ill stay with stern. No problems on ones I've owned, yet.
[quoted image]

Yeh, nah. You'll never win a Playfield quality arguement backing Stern.

#10969 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Gnr is great theme, I just dont like how jjp games feel. Maybe this one will change my mind, if I get a chance to play. I prefer the strong snappy flippers, and like SR designs in the past. And for the price of a true LE, you get a limited game. Jjp 15 to 2000 more, for 1 of 5000, or however many they end up making.

Huh? JJP flippers feel great. They're essentially the time-tested B/W standard.

#10970 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. Very pretty. Best looking pin out there. Is it my kind of gameplay? Not at all. I can see this being the case for many others. Nobody said GNR wasnt beautiful .

#10971 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm a HUGE JJP fan...WOZ is the game that got me into this pinball mess, and I'll never sell mine. That said, I think there's too much of a focus on the bling on their games and how much they pack into the playfield rather than the overall fun factor. AFM has an empty playfield and is one of the most fun games made (and I feel the same way about STh). I just think people focus on the wrong things. Toys, light shows, etc....they're all nice, but they mean nothing if the game's not fun.

#10972 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yes. Very pretty. Best looking pin out there. Is it my kind of gameplay? Not at all. I can see this being the case for many others. Nobody said GNR wasnt beautiful .

Just for clarity: The eyeroll at the end of my statement was to show my reaction at people who actually say stuff like...

Quoted from beelzeboob:

#10973 3 years ago

So LZ is next for sure?

#10974 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Read what I said, yet. It can and will happen to me im sure. But on met, acdc, kiss, bksir, ehoh and aerosmith ,no issues. Still have 4 of those, others a buddy 1 mile away bought, so I know they are still good

#10975 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Huh? JJP flippers feel great. They're essentially the time-tested B/W standard.

Just my preference. Im not a pro player, so maybe I need a stronger flipper. Gnr looks great, just not for me. Yet

#10976 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Our disty has just sent out an announcement saying, end of the month, Stern is announcing its new pin...doesn't say what it is, but says they will only get 2-4 LEs. Par for the course for NZ.

#10977 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I do have a zepp le on order, and if there are field issues I'll be crying for sure

#10978 3 years ago

You do? Paid a deposit?

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I do have a zepp le on order, and if there are field issues I'll be crying for sure

#10979 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

met, acdc, kiss, bksir, ehoh and aerosmith

Had no problems with most of those also. Different story after EHOH though. Haven’t had one issue with JJP prior to POTC also.

JJP/Stern pf’s same/same.

#10980 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the reason Stern puts almost no effort or BOM into their $15k SLEs and $1000 (and rising) plexi no-imagination toppers. People still buy crap.
Not me. SLE burned once. Never again to be burned by a cheap, crappy, low-effort SLE from Stern.

I hope he was kidding, pretty ridiculous list....

#10981 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You do? Paid a deposit?

No deposit, but i told my distributor months ago to get me one. He did not confirm zepp is next, but says I have an le waiting for me when available. He did say last month it was soon tho,,,

#10982 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

So LZ is next for sure?

Nope!

#10984 3 years ago

Usually Stern’s 3rd release of the year is a boutique game, which BTTF would fit right into that mold. Heard from Disty that announcement will be first week and a half in December. I’m sure licensing issues require it to be announced then. I’m in on BTTF for sure, if that’s the case. No PF issues on any of my Stern LE’s ever. We have a good distributor that looks after us.

#10985 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just for clarity: The eyeroll at the end of my statement was to show my reaction at people who actually say stuff like...

The one you added later? Lol. Theres was no eye roll when I quoted you

#10986 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The one you added later? Lol. Theres was no eye roll when I quoted you

No...it was always there. Quote me now...it doesn't come up in the quotes for some reason. Moving on...

#10987 3 years ago

Hey yall I herd from my distributor LZ was next
And it would probably be a remake.

#10988 3 years ago

Happy to hear it’s LZ so I can pass on it. No interest and quite frankly, with all of the recently released great games, I need a break from NIB.

Now watch it be BTTF and I’m back in line!

#10989 3 years ago

It’s most definitely not a remake...an it’s a 50/50 chance that’s its LZ

Quoted from trimoto:

Hey yall I herd from my distributor LZ was next
And it would probably be a remake.

#10990 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Happy to hear it’s LZ so I can pass on it. No interest and quite frankly, with all of the recently released great games, I need a break from NIB.
Now watch it be BTTF and I’m back in line!

BTTF is a hard pass for me since you mentioned it, my distro took my info for a LZ LE last night! Can’t wait!

#10991 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s most definitely not a remake...an it’s a 50/50 chance that’s its LZ

Where is @ mnpinball ehen you need him? He would know and said one more before LZ week before AIQ announced. So here we are.

#10992 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The multiplier aspect makes the game. Controlling and shifting the shots, huge risk reward building it up, timing it right for 40x... all great stuff.

Same. The multiplier is awesome. It's like a mini game that adds another layer of gameplay. At any point in the game, you can build up a multiplier and make a shot incredible.

#10993 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where is @ mnpinball ehen you need him? He would know and said one more before LZ week before AIQ announced. So here we are.

He has already said LZ is a 3 tier release.

Richie/Sexton.

#10994 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I played it was very blinky. The strange thing to me is how much praise GnR is getting from Flip n Out podcast last one where they were all over GnR like it’s the second coming as if they were saying it's pinball at the next level. To me, it’s a very visually stunning game but the gameplay is meh. I’d rather have a nice Tron.

#10995 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

He has already said LZ is a 3 tier release.
Richie/Sexton.

I was referring to his knowledge of LZ being next, yes he said it’s a 3 tier release and that is a good thing in my opinion although I would have bought either way.

#10996 3 years ago

LZ, I'm in if this is the next release.

#10997 3 years ago

So who’s hearing LZ and who’s hearing BTTF?

#10998 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

BTTF is a hard pass for me since you mentioned it, my distro took my info for a LZ LE last night! Can’t wait!

hard pass on BTTF? Not just a pass but hard pass.

My god - there really is a differing opinion on everything.

#10999 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There’s always a few crazies amongst the crowd Delt

#11000 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Quoted from J85M:

There’s always a few crazies amongst the crowd Delt

Of course there is differing opinion, you kidding me? How is it different than saying GNR, LZ or Goonies or any title for that matter is a hard pass.

Nothing wrong with BTTF but there is already an adequate BTTF pin and I prefer to see a theme that hasn’t been made yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

7,600 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,070 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/220 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.