Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 938.
#10851 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well Stern did manufacture MMR and licensed the Black Knight from planetary pinball.

Neither of those examples counter my points, but ok man.

#10852 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Neither of those examples counter my points, but ok man.

Well, it does.

Stern „did“ make a Remake.

#10853 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well, it does.
Stern „did“ make a Remake.

You are still incorrect. I didn't say anything about what they "did" years ago. They are successfully building their own games right now and will continue to do so. Have a good one bud.

#10854 3 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

True but Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars and Monster Bash don't belong to Chicago gaming...they belong to Williams which is owned by Scientific Games and they have no problem licensing these products. Scientific Games also owns the Bally's Pinball division which made Addams Pinball, so a 30yr anniversary edition in 2022 is possible. The question is "Are today's pinball manufacturers planning ahead to remake a very popular pinball after Chicago Gaming has already proven there's a strong demand for well done remakes?"

See Farsight Pinball Arcade's kickstarter for money towards Addams Family rights (which they still never got the rights to Christopher Llyod's likeness)

#10855 3 years ago

Yes, the rights for Addams Family are a complicated issue. Between Lloyd's likeness and Raul Julia's estate and Paramount (?) it's supposedly a real mess - which is probably why we haven't had a TAF remake already announced by CGC.

#10856 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, the rights for Addams Family are a complicated issue. Between Lloyd's likeness and Raul Julia's estate and Paramount (?) it's supposedly a real mess - which is probably why we haven't had a TAF remake already announced by CGC.

And Bally made a ridiculous amount of them. There are a ton of them out there still for anyone looking.

#10857 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And Bally made a ridiculous amount of them. There are a ton of them out there still for anyone looking.

Yeah, MM/AFM/MB remakes made a ton of sense because the value was getting out of control because they collectively sold about half of TAF. You can go buy a kick ass TAF for $8,000 without much issue. (And MM/AFM/MB are better games in my opinion)

#10858 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

You are still incorrect. I didn't say anything about what they "did" years ago. They are successfully building their own games right now and will continue to do so. Have a good one bud.

"Did" you?

:-*

#10859 3 years ago

Zombie Yeti Facebook post - August 2018. "Just for Fun" , oh its fun to speculate!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10860 3 years ago

A 007 game will do.
With all the movie songs from every movie.

#10861 3 years ago

A Sean Connery 007 with that cool 60’s vibe would be great

#10862 3 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Zombie Yeti Facebook post - August 2018. "Just for Fun" , oh its fun to speculate!
[quoted image]

On sterns new TMNT there is a king Ghidorah poster in turtle lair...

#10863 3 years ago

Stern seems to be going with popular mainstream licenses. I would love to see a fast and furious game done by Steve Richie

#10864 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

A Sean Connery 007 with that cool 60’s vibe would be great

Its ok to slap a lockdown bar

#10865 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Stern seems to be going with popular mainstream licenses. I would love to see a fast and furious game done by Steve Richie

Supposedly Mustang was going to be F&F and something happened that they couldn't work out with the license.

#10866 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Will CGC make more MMr’s in the near future? Started collecting pinball last year and missed out on some great titles from them and Stern

I heard from a very reliable source that CGC is going to produce more in 2021. This same source told me long ago they were going to come out with Royal Edition retrofitting kits...sure enough they started making them a few months later. So my source is credible. HOWEVER, they didn't elaborate on which variant they were going to produce or if they were coming out with yet another variant, but there will be more. Start setting aside that money and call retailers BEFORE the announcement. 9 out of 10 times those guys are hearing something from the manufacturers before a public announcement and will start a list of sales leads.

#10867 3 years ago

As much as I know they are not as huge as other bands, Muse would make a fantastic music pin. Between their random sci-fi/conspiracy leanings, crazy art stylings and killer live show (including a few DVDs to pull footage from) it could be a great option for a modern band to be represented.

#10868 3 years ago

I appreciate bringing an undercelebrated band into this BUT...how about a DEVO pin?!?!?

Quoted from onemilemore:

As much as I know they are not as huge as other bands, Muse would make a fantastic music pin. Between their random sci-fi/conspiracy leanings, crazy art stylings and killer live show (including a few DVDs to pull footage from) it could be a great option for a modern band to be represented.

#10869 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

They play stadiums. Can’t get much bigger than that.

#10870 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I've seen Muse 8 times including winning tickets to this gig with 19 other people. I would 100% buy a Muse pin!

#10871 3 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I heard from a very reliable source that CGC is going to produce more in 2021. This same source told me long ago they were going to come out with Royal Edition retrofitting kits...sure enough they started making them a few months later. So my source is credible. HOWEVER, they didn't elaborate on which variant they were going to produce or if they were coming out with yet another variant, but there will be more. Start setting aside that money and call retailers BEFORE the announcement. 9 out of 10 times those guys are hearing something from the manufacturers before a public announcement and will start a list of sales leads.

Arguably, MMr Royal edition or Special edition with topper or any model with all upgrades is the best pinball machine ever made. But the market for them is saturated and demand has been met. So I can’t see a reason for running more MMr’s. There is a need for more upgrades and toppers though, so they could knock out kits for awhile.

#10872 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

the market for them is saturated and demand has been met. So I can’t see a reason for running more MMr’s.

I disagree. I need them to make way too many until there are so many bloody MMr out there that they become less valuable and i can grab one

#10873 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

But the market for them is saturated and demand has been met.

I don't believe that is true. I tried to buy a new MMR-SE right when the last batch was announced. The (large) distributor here (a guy that I've known for a while) said that he already had so many people on his wait list that he really had no chance of getting me one.

I think that there is still a fair amount of demand left.

#10874 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Indeed.

It's not available anywhere here and never really was.

If I'd not have seen one with my own eyes I'd think you guys made the existance of MMR up.

#10875 3 years ago

I think more demand will be for the upcoming:

BACK TO THE FUTURE by Stern / Kapow.

The SLE will be 88 total pieces.

They will likely have a Flying Hover Board / Deloreon as the topper/ possibly a interactive Flux Capacitor.

3-level playfield.

Main - set in 1985 / 1955 present themed
Below - set in 1885 western themed
Above - set in 2015 future themed

Can’t wait to hang out in Hill Valley no matter the year!

#10876 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

They will likely have a Flying Hover Board / Deloreon as the topper/ possibly a interactive Flux Capacitor.
3-level playfield.

How about a westworld theme? That is one of the hardest shows to follow....

#10877 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Indeed.
It's not available anywhere here and never really was.
If I'd not have seen one with my own eyes I'd think you guys made the existance of MMR up.

Oh yes, it exists and it is glorious! I am hoping CGC brings it back into production, too.

#10878 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

3-level playfield.

Is this a prediction? Or is this information from a reliable source?

#10879 3 years ago

Anyone trying to get an MMr should just buy an EHOH. It’s f’n amazing, has a similar shot layout, great humor and has way deeper rules and code. I understand the nostalgia factor for MM and it is most definitely a classic but...EHOH is seriously a stupendous game.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

I don't believe that is true. I tried to buy a new MMR-SE right when the last batch was announced. The (large) distributor here (a guy that I've known for a while) said that he already had so many people on his wait list that he really had no chance of getting me one.

#10880 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone trying to get an MMr should just buy an EHOH. It’s f’n amazing, has a similar shot layout, great humor and has way deeper rules and code. I understand the nostalgia factor for MM and it is most definitely a classic but...EHOH is seriously a stupendous game.

Sorry, I can't agree with that at all. I got to play an EHOH for a bit, and I have to say that I was unimpressed. The playfield felt empty, and it just seemed boring. In fairness, I was never a huge fan of the other Elvira machines either (I didn't dislike them, but sure didn't love them).

Not trying to start a war here or anything (and if you like EHOH, that's great), but it's not something that I would ever buy. If I was going to buy a new Stern machine, there are a bunch of others I would consider first (like DP, JP, or the new Avengers).

#10881 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

3-level playfield.

Guessing Keith is doing this?

Stern are going to sell a gazillion of these!

#10882 3 years ago

Right on, not sure when you played it but the completed code is phenomenal. Give it another shot if you see it around. I was not impressed with the game when I first played it either.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Sorry, I can't agree with that at all. I got to play an EHOH for a bit, and I have to say that I was unimpressed. The playfield felt empty, and it just seemed boring. In fairness, I was never a huge fan of the other Elvira machines either (I didn't dislike them, but sure didn't love them).
Not trying to start a war here or anything (and if you like EHOH, that's great), but it's not something that I would ever buy. If I was going to buy a new Stern machine, there are a bunch of others I would consider first (like DP, JP, or the new Avengers).

#10883 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Right on, not sure when you played it but the completed code is phenomenal. Give it another shot if you see it around. I was not impressed with the game when I first played it either.

Not sure what the code version was on it, as it was on location - I played it just before Covid hit.

That's the problem with releasing pins with unfinished code. It can give people a bad first impression of the machine - and give it a bad reputation. Also, for machines on location, a lot of operators don't bother/care to update the machine with the latest version (unless there is some pressing reason to).

It's fine to say that the new code makes the game better, but usually by the time that happens there is some new machine out that is the "new hotness".

There is a location near me that has a BM66 that is still on the version it shipped with (it still has none of the minor villain modes). I'd love to try the new code, but it is the only BM66 on location that I know of nearby.

#10884 3 years ago

I most definitely agree with that. I typically don’t buy NIB games for this very reason or if I do I wait at least a year for the code to mature. Shame about the local BM66 ...that game is also amazing at current code...the initial release code was AWFUL.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

Not sure what the code version was on it, as it was on location - I played it just before Covid hit.
That's the problem with releasing pins with unfinished code. It can give people a bad first impression of the machine - and give it a bad reputation. Also, for machines on location, a lot of operators don't bother/care to update the machine with the latest version (unless there is some pressing reason to).
It's fine to say that the new code makes the game better, but usually by the time that happens there is some new machine out that is the "new hotness".
There is a location near me that has a BM66 that is still on the version it shipped with (it still has none of the minor villain modes). I'd love to try the new code, but it is the only BM66 on location that I know of nearby.

#10885 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I most definitely agree with that. I typically don’t buy NIB games for this very reason or if I do I wait at least a year for the code to mature. Shame about the local BM66 ...that game is also amazing at current code...the initial release code was AWFUL.

Yea, I played EHOH initially and was turned off.

#10886 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone trying to get an MMr should just buy an EHOH.

The original design was so much better than what we got. Stern cost reduction really did a number on this game.

#10887 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The original design was so much better than what we got. Stern cost reduction really did a number on this game.

Uninitiated on this one. What was the original design supposed to be?

#10888 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Uninitiated on this one. What was the original design supposed to be?

The main missing features pulled was the whoop de do ramp on the left (like whitewater) and a mechanical "hand of fate" wheel that spun to give you an award if you drained on the left. Much of the personality of the pin was pulled when Nordman left for Deeproot.

At one of the pinball shows there were pictures of the original design he did. Way better.

#10889 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The main missing features pulled was the whoop de do ramp on the left (like whitewater) and a mechanical "hand of fate" wheel that spun to give you an award if you drained on the left. Much of the personality of the pin was pulled when Nordman left for Deeproot.
At one of the pinball shows there were pictures of the original design he did. Way better.

Yes, better on paper. But Dennis has said that the physics of the ramp just didn’t work well and that’s why it was cut.

#10890 3 years ago

I too was unimpressed with ehoh when it was introduced. Fortunately, I was able to play again with code at .99 I think( near there) and it was amazing. New code again 2 days ago only makes it better. Pretty sure its not leavin here. Topper is better with latest update also. Hoping 1 more update at least to finish

#10891 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Lyman games are the only ones released lately with this type of barren code, so I wouldn't worry about release code with other programmer's games. With his games you need AT LEAST a year to get to full releases. Batman was 2 years. Lyman is great but he works SUPER slow.

#10892 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Lyman is great but he works SUPER slow.

Don’t worry the next game he’s working on he’s going to be speeding at 88MPH!

#10893 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I sure hope so!

#10894 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

How much time do I have to save some monies?

#10895 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

How much time do I have to save some monies?

You have enough time to save six monies - but not seven.

#10896 3 years ago

BTTF would be a must buy for me, not many other themes I can think of that would have me on the phone as fast!

#10897 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BTTF would be a must buy for me, not many other themes I can think of that would have me on the phone as fast!

Bttf and im likely in based on my love of the theme.
Bttf + Elwin and ill be listing games for sale the same day they announce it.

#10898 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

mcfly (resized).pngmcfly (resized).png
#10899 3 years ago

I am also down to buy BTTF even though I dropped 10k recently on GNR.

would totally sell couple other pins for that machine.

#10900 3 years ago

BTTF and I'll call my contractor to extend my house so it will fit.....or maybe just sell another pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

5,699 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/218?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.