Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 924.
#10801 3 years ago

What are the odds out of ten that Zeppelin is being made? And when will we get an announcement from Stern! I am new to pinball so not sure on their timeline for announcements.

Would love to see an Adams Family based on the original tv show. When you lose your ball Lurch can go “uhhhhh”. Have a bell toy like ac/dc but have it a rope you hit and when you do Lurch can say “You rang after the big bong noise from the show”

Have a Gomez mode were you blow up the train and have an interactive train toy that blows up like the castle in MM and have a detonator plunger toy you have to hit so many times. I know ac/dc has one for tnt and still would be a great toy.

You can have a Morticia mode with a Cleopatra toy where you have to feed her balls to lock them for a multi ball and incorporate Morticia saying something in French and have Gomez replying “Tish that’s French! You know how wild I get when you speak French!” to start the multiball mode.

The actor who played Lurch;Ted Cassidy, also played Thing. So have a multiball mode with Lurch’s harps accord music playing and activated by having an upper playfield with Things box that locks the balls and his hand pops up releasing each ball once you lock them all like BKSOR.

Pin artwork must be all black and white. I was disappointed with Munsters but I think an AF pin based on the tv show instead of the movie could be an awesome game. Just my opinion and day dream lol.

#10802 3 years ago

There will likely never be another Addams made. Likelyhood of Zep being made is 9/10.... more a matter of when not if.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What are the odds out of ten that Zeppelin is being made? And when will we get an announcement from Stern! I am new to pinball so not sure on their timeline for announcements.
Would love to see an Adams Family based on the original tv show. When you lose your ball Lurch can go “uhhhhh”. Have a bell toy like ac/dc but have it a rope you hit and when you do Lurch can say “You rang after the big bong noise from the show”
Have a Gomez mode were you blow up the train and have an interactive train toy that blows up like the castle in MM and have a detonator plunger toy you have to hit so many times. I know ac/dc has one for tnt and still would be a great toy.
You can have a Morticia mode with a Cleopatra toy where you have to feed her balls to lock them for a multi ball and incorporate Morticia saying something in French and have Gomez replying “Tish that’s French! You know how wild I get when you speak French!” to start the multiball mode.
The actor who played Lurch;Ted Cassidy, also played Thing. So have a multiball mode with Lurch’s harps accord music playing and activated by having an upper playfield with Things box that locks the balls and his hand pops up releasing each ball once you lock them all like BKSOR.
Pin artwork must be all black and white. I was disappointed with Munsters but I think an AF pin based on the tv show instead of the movie could be an awesome game. Just my opinion and day dream lol.

#10803 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There will likely never be another Addams made.

Never say never.

#10804 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Have you played it yet? It is not as "intense" as it looks on the streams. Live and Let Die is the only song that I would say has an intense lightshow. It is much more subtle than you realize. Rarely at maximum.

Nope, haven't yet. Looking forward to it though. But I turn all the LED machines down first thing because I generally play in a dark or dim room, so this will be no different.

#10805 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Tony Hawk would have been a good alternate theme choice to the AIQ Premium/LE layout.

X Games. Get Tony Hawk, Travis Pastrana, David Wise to play along. Think of the ramps, flying balls, sick half-pipe!

#10806 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

X Games. Get Tony Hawk, Travis Pastrana, David Wise to play along. Think of the ramps, flying balls, sick half-pipe!

Champion Pub already kinda did that and it wasn't much fun.

#10807 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Champion Pub is very fun but just not for a long time. Everyone loves CP on their first play but their 20th...

#10809 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Champion Pub is very fun but just not for a long time. Everyone loves CP on their first play but their 20th...

That's my point. The novelty gets old REALLY quick.

#10810 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I have a Champion Pub. I’ve owned it for over a year, and I play it a lot. It’s a very fun game, original and a great addition to my game room.

#10811 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I have a Champion Pub. I’ve owned it for over a year, and I play it a lot. It’s a very fun game, original and a great addition to my game room.

I think it’s a fun game in a 10 pin collection. Maybe not if you own 2.

#10812 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You’re probably right. I appreciate it partly because of the variety it adds to my collection.

#10813 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Never played one before. Isn't it a fight theme?
Anyway, I thought getting real quotes and videos from the X-game champs might be pretty cool.

#10814 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Well you can really say that about any game. I don't play my CP that often but when I do, it's a blast.

#10815 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Boxing theme , with some unique mechs...
Love the skip rope ... have to make the ball jump

#10816 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

CP is a great change of pace game. It just isn't a game you are going to play 100 times a week.

#10817 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Anyway, I thought getting real quotes and videos from the X-game champs might be pretty cool.

It's a fight training theme, yes, but it has angled plastic open swooping ramps that end at a speed bag. I imagine it would look something like a half pipe skateboard thing.

#10818 3 years ago

Closer to No Fear

#10819 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Closer to No Fear

No fear FTW over CP
No fear re-theme as Jackass could work, haha

#10820 3 years ago

Action Park would be a cool theme. You probably could re-skin Whitewater or do something similar. You could have the Cannonball loop and everything.

#10821 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Action Park would be a cool theme. You probably could re-skin Whitewater or do something similar. You could have the Cannonball loop and everything.

I went to Action Park many times as a kid...never got to go on the loop though.

#10822 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I went to Action Park many times as a kid...never got to go on the loop though.

I watched the documentary Class Action Park and that place looked crazy fun. For sure you would hurt yourself but that’s half the fun. We had a similar place in Odessa called Water Wonderland but nothing to that scale.

#10823 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I watched the documentary Class Action Park and that place looked crazy fun. For sure you would hurt yourself but that’s half the fun. We had a similar place in Odessa called Water Wonderland but nothing to that scale.

Yes, it was a blast, but very unsafe. That documentary did NOT exaggerate things. I never got hurt more than a scrape or two, but you would see lots of other people who did. Scrapes and bruises were common, and broken arms and such would happen regularly.

#10824 3 years ago

I know you guys love stern but IDK how. I found a place that has a lot of the new sterns from Batman 66 on up. I played BM66, Munsters, black Knight, TWD, and Ghostbusters and they were like toys. Nothing on the PFs, no shots. Surprisingly the only one I liked was BM66. Ill give you they were all pros but damn I would expect more of a game for the cash stern charges.

#10825 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I know you guys love stern but IDK how. I found a place that has a lot of the new sterns from Batman 66 on up. I played BM66, Munsters, black Knight, TWD, and Ghostbusters and they were like toys. Nothing on the PFs, no shots. Surprisingly the only one I liked was BM66. Ill give you they were all pros but damn I would expect more of a game for the cash stern charges.

I think you probably win for biggest troll post of the day. Well-played sir.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10826 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think you probably win for biggest troll post of the day. Well-played sir.

Actually, Im not being a troll at all, Im just calling it as I see it.

#10827 3 years ago

From what I heard Stern have a backlog of almost 5000 pins. Their lastest titles are very popular JP, elvira, avengers, etc. And they will sell a lot more of these. And they still have to make runs for star wars, DP and other titles still in production. So my question is why in their same minds would stern rush another title if they can't even keep up with the demand.

No bashing here, just an honnest question. Why come up with another title if some people are still waiting for titles they ordered weeks or months ago ? Covid doesnt help production either.

My honnest opinion is it might take a while before next Stern announcement.

#10828 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

From what I heard Stern have a backlog of almost 5000 pins. Their lastest titles are very popular JP, elvira, avengers, etc. And they will sell a lot more of these. And they still have to make runs for star wars, DP and other titles still in production. So my question is why in their same minds would stern rush another title if they can't even keep up with the demand.
No bashing here, just an honnest question. Why come up with another title if some people are still waiting for titles they ordered weeks or months ago ? Covid doesnt help production either.

I agree. If I was them, I'd wait until January....

#10829 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Stern has no control over licensors deadlines that have to be met. They usually get a license for 3 years, so Stern has to announce at the beginning of that license deal regardless of all other factors surrounding pinballs current landscape. Plus Stern has zero concerns about announcing, since each title is made for 3 years anyway.

#10830 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Oh is that what you’re doing?

#10831 3 years ago

Well on the one hand, dates in licensing contracts are likely set in stone. Or a bugger (read $$) to change after the fact.

Also when you talk about pushing the next release back, you're really saying that Stern has to shift their whole ~3 year production timeline out. Because if their typical fall release gets bumped to January, than the winter release gets bumped, and then the spring, and etc... All of those games also having their own hard dates being planned out years in advance.

Idk if game designers get bonuses/royalties on their sales (I know they did a long time ago), but I'm sure Steve Ritchie is ready to get his next game out of the oven. If for no other reason then I'm sure he and the rest of his team still take a lot of pride in enjoying the game and they want to see it in people's hands.

Stern is due for an announcement soon.

#10832 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If you only played pros, you haven't really seen much.

#10833 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you only played pros, you haven't really seen much.

Strong point. more toys and features on the Premiums and LE which are not on rotation much. Still, the pros have toys, and great shots too. sounds like maybe hyper-loaded games like WOZ would get a better rating from the non-troll.

#10834 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Well on the one hand, dates in licensing contracts are likely set in stone. Or a bugger (read $$) to change after the fact.
Also when you talk about pushing the next release back, you're really saying that Stern has to shift their whole ~3 year production timeline out. Because if their typical fall release gets bumped to January, than the winter release gets bumped, and then the spring, and etc... All of those games also having their own hard dates being planned out years in advance.

This is exactly it. They have a release schedule for several reasons and at some point they’re going to have to step on each other a bit to get back on track.

#10835 3 years ago

Is Gomez still designing at all? After renting Deadpool for the last month I want more Gomez in my life! Also I want an Elwin and Sexton team up. Let’s goooo

#10836 3 years ago

If Stern has a backlog of 5000 games the answer is to increase production. Most companies want to grow and they can’t grow of they are limiting titles due to bottlenecks.

#10837 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

If Stern has a backlog of 5000 games the answer is to increase production. Most companies want to grow and they can’t grow of they are limiting titles due to bottlenecks.

Easier said than done, especially in a pandemic.

#10838 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Umm...except that the rights to do an Addams Family remake does not belong to Stern.

True but Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars and Monster Bash don't belong to Chicago gaming...they belong to Williams which is owned by Scientific Games and they have no problem licensing these products. Scientific Games also owns the Bally's Pinball division which made Addams Pinball, so a 30yr anniversary edition in 2022 is possible. The question is "Are today's pinball manufacturers planning ahead to remake a very popular pinball after Chicago Gaming has already proven there's a strong demand for well done remakes?"

#10839 3 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

True but Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars and Monster Bash don't belong to Chicago gaming...they belong to Williams which is owned by Scientific Games and they have no problem licensing these products. Scientific Games also owns the Bally's Pinball division which made Addams Pinball, so a 30yr anniversary edition in 2022 is possible. The question is "Are today's pinball manufacturers planning ahead to remake a very popular pinball after Chicago Gaming has already proven there's a strong demand for well done remakes?"

I believe that CGC has purchased the rights from Williams, not merely licensed them. Sure, maybe CGC could license the Addams Family property back to Stern, but that seems like a really weird idea to me.

Obviously, TAF is one of the "jewels" in the Williams portfolio and CGC is not going to give that up without an outstanding reason. As it is, CGC making an Addams Family remake is a tough thing because of the many complex licensing issues involved. Adding Stern into the mix would just make it all harder.

CGC might produce a TAF remake in the future, but Stern will not. Stern has lots of other stuff going on right now - I doubt that they have any interest in trying to do a remake of an old competitor's machine whose rights are currently owned by a new competitor.

You might as well try to convince Ford to remake old Corvettes.

#10840 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I believe that CGC has purchased the rights from Williams, not merely licensed them. Sure, maybe CGC could license the Addams Family property back to Stern, but that seems like a really weird idea to me.
Obviously, TAF is one of the "jewels" in the Williams portfolio and CGC is not going to give that up without an outstanding reason. As it is, CGC making an Addams Family remake is a tough thing because of the many complex licensing issues involved. Adding Stern into the mix would just make it all harder.
CGC might produce a TAF remake in the future, but Stern will not. Stern has lots of other stuff going on right now - I doubt that they have any interest in trying to do a remake of an old competitor's machine whose rights are currently owned by a new competitor.
You might as well try to convince Ford to remake old Corvettes.

Plus Stern is sitting on a Tron VE pinball which will sell like crazy.

#10841 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I believe that CGC has purchased the rights from Williams, not merely licensed them.

Both is wrong.

The license to all Bally Williams Games belongs to Planetary Pinball, even including to publish new games bearing the Bally/ Williams name.
So yes, this was a complete buy out, but not from CGC.

CGC is manufacturing and distributing.

#10842 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Both is wrong.
The license to all Bally Williams Games belongs to Planetary Pinball, even including to publish new games bearing the Bally/ Williams name.

I didn't think CGC had the rights to all those titles, but Stern could take a lesson from them and maybe start making remakes on the order of one a year. CGC seems to be doing very well on the 3 they have been cranking out for years now. I just feel like Stern is the only manufacturer out there with the ability to do something like this in addition to their normal operation. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like CGC...I have two of their machines, I just don't see them coming out with another remake while the 3 templates they have are selling so well. Since this thread is mostly about dreamers thinking what Stern has the ability to do, I figured getting into the remake business is proven and should yield a decent profit and therefore Stern could diversify with a few slam dunks to counter any flops on their normal line up. It seems like they have the ability to open a whole new division just dedicated to making remakes; whether or not they have the capital to make it happen is another thing.

#10843 3 years ago

Will CGC make more MMr’s in the near future? Started collecting pinball last year and missed out on some great titles from them and Stern

#10844 3 years ago

Stern would be smart to counter Spookys Rick and Morty with a Bob Burgers or a Simpsons Treehouse of Horror pin. BOTH would be HUGE sellers. The Pinball FX3 Bobs Burgers virtual table is AMAZING. The show translates so well into pinball. I’d also personally love an Adventure Time pin...but I’m not sure it has a wide enough fan base unfortunately.

#10845 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I will go another shameless plug for Megadeth, HaHA , C'mon Stern you can kill it !

Setlist for the hardest metal pin with technical excellence, lyrics and riffs to rival GnR
in no particular order, oh man juke box a must as well !
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/megadeth-in-20-songs/
Symphony of Destruction
In My Darkest Hour”/“Hook in Mouth
Hangar 18
Countdown To Extinction
She Wolf
Sweating bullets
Skin o' my Teeth
Into the lungs of hell
Five Magics
Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Poisonous shadows
Peace Sells
Tornado of souls
Train of consequences
Foreclosure of a dream
Trust
This was my life
Rust in peace
Bonus, Wizard, ? No more mr nice guy
https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Megadeth/Dystopia/536834/
The modes could be so wild !
Vic here
https://weebucket.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/megadeth-the-conception-of-vic-rattlehead/
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like your thinking. Megadeth would be a great game with lots of killer Vic art and kick ass pinball music. Stern, contact Dave Mustaine and get it done please.

#10846 3 years ago

I’m new this year and have read up on pinball after the 90s and I’m a little shocked that people are wanting to change things right now .You have Stern,JJP,Spooky,CGC,and AP all with theyre own unique styles not to mention Metomorphic,DR and others trying to break thru with theyre own unique styles .Pinball is in the early stages of a boom .I seriously thought this is how things always were and now understand this is a very unique time in this hobby .My advice (like anyone cares) would be sit back and wait on a game you really want .Theres plenty to choose from .

#10847 3 years ago

Stern Megadeth
Time to up the ante,

I will even deliver the marketing slogan,,,,
Haha

STERN Pinball............

"Pinball is our business and business is good"

KME (resized).pngKME (resized).pngKll (resized).JPGKll (resized).JPG

#10848 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Both is wrong.

Yes, you are correct, I mis-stated it. And theoretically, Planetary could license the Addams Family machine to Stern (bypassing CGC) - but at this point there would be very little reason to.

Unless CGC pisses off Planetary somehow (or goes out of business), I don't see what Planetary (or Stern) would have to gain from that. It's not like CGC is doing a poor job, and it's not like Stern doesn't have other stuff to do.

The whole idea of a Stern remake of Addams Family seems silly. OTOH, assuming that Planetary/CGC can resolve the external licensing issues, a CGC remake of Addams Family is likely.

#10849 3 years ago

Stern remaking a Bally/Williams title like CGC has been doing is very unlikely and akin to a pipe dream. You may see another classic Stern Electronics layout come to fruition with updates akin to The Beatles. Stern has a large design team. They are going to use those people to create games, not remake B/W designs.

#10850 3 years ago

Well Stern did manufacture MMR and licensed the Black Knight from planetary pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Midland, MI
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
5,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MICHIGAN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/217?hl=rikeisland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.