maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 940.
#10751 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Isn't Keith Elwin's handle sk8ball?

Throw in a couple call backs to Skateball, the outside inlane for example. I'd just want it be called Tony Hawk's Pro Pinball, that way we could have a Tony Hawk's Pro Pinball (Pro), Tony Hawk's Pro Pinball (Premium), and a Tony Hawks Pro Pinball (Limited Edition).

#10752 3 years ago

A nice Addams remake would seem to be a no brainer. I know a few people like to see one based on the original show or the cartoon I’m going the other way and base it on the movie. An anniversary remake (like MM, AFM and MB) but from Stern. Upgrading lighting, sound and maybe a new feature that would distinguish it as an anniversary edition, set aside from the original.

#10753 3 years ago

One more thing about an Addams anniversary edition, if Stern reads this and they decide to make one based on the post, it would be really great if they would throw a brother a bone and send one free to the guy who suggested it....this guy. LOL.

#10754 3 years ago

Stern doesn’t get ideas for their multi million dollar pinball empire from pinside.

#10755 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stern doesn’t get ideas for their multi million dollar pinball empire from pinside.

They don’t not look at free market research from one of the hobby’s biggest enthusiast groups.

I’m sure there is a lot of eye rolling, face palms, and exasperated sighing though.

#10756 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They don’t not look at free market research from one of the hobby’s biggest enthusiast groups.

In that case, JAWS, JAWS, BTTF, JAWS, JAWS and GODZILLA V. KONG. Did I mention I'd like a JAWS pin?

#10757 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m sure there is a lot of eye rolling, face palms, and exasperated sighing though.

If they get inspiration it’s from the home brew pages. Certainly not the let’s shout out themes I wish were made pages. Although I do love shouting out themes I wish would be made. Nirvana! The Amory Wars!!!

#10758 3 years ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

A nice Addams remake would seem to be a no brainer. I know a few people like to see one based on the original show or the cartoon I’m going the other way and base it on the movie. An anniversary remake (like MM, AFM and MB) but from Stern. Upgrading lighting, sound and maybe a new feature that would distinguish it as an anniversary edition, set aside from the original.

Umm...except that the rights to do an Addams Family remake does not belong to Stern.

#10759 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Tony Hawk pinball. Rails everywhere. Gotta hit the quarter pipe shot to get the ball up to the upper playfield. Collect SKATE. Timed runs. Combos galore. Isn't Keith Elwin's handle sk8ball?

Might be the best idea yet..

#10760 3 years ago

This guy

Quoted from Ivanhoe:

One more thing about an Addams anniversary edition, if Stern reads this and they decide to make one based on the post, it would be really great if they would throw a brother a bone and send one free to the guy who suggested it....this guy. LOL.

#10761 3 years ago

JAWS seems like such a boring theme for a pin IMO. I keep trying to think about how the modes will play out:

mode one- shark bites kid
mode two- Adults get boat
mode three- Shark bites boat
wiz mode- shark bites boat some more but this time you have three balls.

What’s the layout like? A shark head where the mouth doesn’t open on the pro? IDK

Help me understand why everyone wants Jaws. Please.

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

In that case, JAWS, JAWS, BTTF, JAWS, JAWS and GODZILLA V. KONG. Did I mention I'd like a JAWS pin?

#10762 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I wouldn't say it's my top pick, but since this forum is an open discussion about the Next Stern Pin, why not? Jaws was once really popular, lead to a bunch of sequels (including the funny Sharknados) and everybody instantly recognizes the original music..but I'll let the real Charlemagne1987 reply! Lol

#10763 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I wouldn't say it's my top pick, but since this forum is an open discussion about the Next Stern Pin, why not? Jaws was once really popular, lead to a bunch of sequels (including the funny Sharknados) and everybody instantly recognizes the original music..but I'll let the real Charlemagne1987 reply! Lol

Thanks

#10764 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well, I'm no game designer, but if they can make a kick ass game out of dinosaurs chasing people around a park or a weird candymaker and his chocolate factory or a monster sitcom from the sixties that few people remember or a bunch of little collectible toy cars or...or...I think you get my point. The film was HUGE and it still has a massive fan base. The music is iconic. The story is suspenseful. The humor is there. The toys and setting could be very cool. The shark is just as villainous and menacing as T-Rex or Godzilla. I'm sure a good game designer could come up with something epic for a JAWS pin.

#10765 3 years ago

...a weird candymaker and his chocolate factory or a monster sitcom from the sixties that few people remember or a bunch of little collectible toy cars or...or...I think you get my point

Lol, funny and so true!

#10766 3 years ago

JAWS in undoubtably popular for sure and I do enjoy the film. I just think the elements that make is a decent flick would be shallow for pin. Even Jurassic Park has more going on in the universe than JAWS. IDK...I imagine Jaws being a weak Munsters situation. Not a lot to do...with shallow rules and the hope that amazing coding will make it worthwhile eventually. Godzilla on the other hand has 70 year + franchise filled with innumerable villians to battle and would translate into a pinball experience flawlessly. It would be EPIC....and it 100% needs to be done and done right. True to the franchise and a journey through the 36 films from 1954 to the present. An Elwin / Lyman Godzilla would be a day one LE purchase for me.

Well, I'm no game designer, but if they can make a kick ass game out of dinosaurs chasing people around a park or a weird candymaker and his chocolate factory or a monster sitcom from the sixties that few people remember or a bunch of little collectible toy cars or...or...I think you get my point. The film was HUGE and it still has a massive fan base. The music is iconic. The story is suspenseful. The humor is there. The toys and setting could be very cool. The shark is just as villainous and menacing as T-Rex or Godzilla. I'm sure a good game designer could come up with something epic for a JAWS pin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10767 3 years ago

Jaws would be awesome and I'm sure it could be done, however, I think its biggest drawback is also its (the films) biggest asset. Or should I say its only asset, the shark, there are no sideshow bobs in Jaws to help the variety. No Benny the lovable eel to base a mode/quest/battle/perk around...it is just the shark...

#10768 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Jaws would be awesome and I'm sure it could be done, however, I think its biggest drawback is also its (the films) biggest asset. Or should I say its only asset, the shark, there are no sideshow bobs in Jaws to help the variety. No Benny the lovable eel to base a mode/quest/battle/perk around...it is just the shark...

Actually there is a Ben.

Ben Gardner.

#10769 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Haha I knew people would dig into the other Data East titles.. Honestly one that comes to mind which I think could be absolutely incredible with the same treatment as the current games have been getting is Tales From The Crypt.
My prediction for Stern Dec 2020- Dec 2021 :
Led Zeppelin
Back To The Future
Some unexpected title... like Heavy Metal, Primus, etc
JAWS
Tron VE or Tron 82' version
Honestly I'm a huge fan of Stern, but if Harry Potter were to come out, I'd want it to go to JJP... just suits them better.

Tftc would make a great pro. Not exactly sure how they would jazz it up for a Prem/LE.

#10770 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Actually there is a Ben.
Ben Gardner.

And there is always swimmin’ with bow-legged women. Let’s not forget that.

#10771 3 years ago

PINS THAT NEED TO BE DONE.

1ST. DISNEY PARK THEME. CINDERELLA CASTLE IN MIDDLE FANTASY WORLD TOMORROW LAND ETC. COULD PUT EASTER EGGS LIKE CRACY.
2ND NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.
3RD .CARTOON OF JUSTICE LEAGUE.

HONORABLE MENTION (WIFE PICK NUMBER 2 ND BEETLEJUICE

#10772 3 years ago

Tops for me are-

Evil dead : Army of Darkness
Goonies
Godzilla
Adventure Time
Beetlejuice

Quoted from dolsontown:

PINS THAT NEED TO BE DONE.
1ST. DISNEY PARK THEME. CINDERELLA CASTLE IN MIDDLE FANTASY WORLD TOMORROW LAND ETC. COULD PUT EASTER EGGS LIKE CRACY.
2ND NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS.
3RD .CARTOON OF JUSTICE LEAGUE.
HONORABLE MENTION (WIFE PICK NUMBER 2 ND BEETLEJUICE

#10773 3 years ago

If they do Jaws and there’s a Jaws bash toy with a tank in its mouth at the edge of a boat I’ll be interested .

#10774 3 years ago

I just play the megalodon mode on DP whenever I want to play Jaws.

#10775 3 years ago

I don’t want them to do Jaws, because I know what I want Jaws to be and Stern isn’t doing it

I want an Orca upper playfield that “sinks” to become accessible to the main flippers. A lower playfield with drop target swimmer legs. The Walking Dead crossbow mech to harpoon the shark. Ben Gardners head popping out. A shark head that pops out to eat the ball. Some sort of shark cage for locking balls. Yellow barrel pop bumpers of course.

Be the sheriff saving people or be the shark eating people.

Have modes where you’re in a hurry up to close the beaches and get people out of the water. Have shark modes where you’re in a feeding frenzy.

#10776 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Seems a lot hype came about from Pinside for Ghostbusters but could be wrong.

#10777 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

i am fairly certain that is how we got iron maiden...there was a vocal group on pinside that banged that drum.

#10778 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don’t want them to do Jaws, because I know what I want Jaws to be and Stern isn’t doing it
I want an Orca upper playfield that “sinks” to become accessible to the main flippers. A lower playfield with drop target swimmer legs. The Walking Dead crossbow mech to harpoon the shark. Ben Gardners head popping out. A shark head that pops out to eat the ball. Some sort of shark cage for locking balls. Yellow barrel pop bumpers of course.
Be the sheriff saving people or be the shark eating people.
Have modes where you’re in a hurry up to close the beaches and get people out of the water. Have shark modes where you’re in a feeding frenzy.

I like you thinking !!

#10779 3 years ago

Jaws deserves both an upper (beach) Playfield and a lower (underwater) playfield with the actual playfield taking place on the water with the boat and a moving fin target .The moving fin target is a must !Stern should blow everyone’s minds and roll with a Jaws widebody!

#10780 3 years ago

Fast widebody with 2 bash targets !

#10781 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

i am fairly certain that is how we got iron maiden...there was a vocal group on pinside that banged that drum.

Lol

#10782 3 years ago

I will go another shameless plug for Megadeth, HaHA , C'mon Stern you can kill it !

Setlist for the hardest metal pin with technical excellence, lyrics and riffs to rival GnR

in no particular order, oh man juke box a must as well !

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/megadeth-in-20-songs/

Symphony of Destruction
In My Darkest Hour”/“Hook in Mouth
Hangar 18
Countdown To Extinction
She Wolf
Sweating bullets
Skin o' my Teeth
Into the lungs of hell
Five Magics
Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Poisonous shadows
Peace Sells
Tornado of souls
Train of consequences
Foreclosure of a dream
Trust
This was my life
Rust in peace

Bonus, Wizard, ? No more mr nice guy

https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Megadeth/Dystopia/536834/

The modes could be so wild !

Vic here
https://weebucket.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/megadeth-the-conception-of-vic-rattlehead/

dis (resized).jpgdis (resized).jpgvic r (resized).jpgvic r (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10783 3 years ago

Yes led the charge, Thank goodness KME and crew came onboard, wow What a Gem !

#10784 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I will go another shameless plug for Megadeth, HaHA , C'mon Stern you can kill it !

You’re a righteous dude.

#10785 3 years ago

I’d vote for The Boys but it would have to be with assets and without any alterations to the R rated material

#10786 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Setlist for the hardest metal pin with technical excellence, lyrics and riffs to rival GnR
in no particular order, oh man juke box a must as well !
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/megadeth-in-20-songs/
Symphony of Destruction
In My Darkest Hour”/“Hook in Mouth
Hangar 18
Countdown To Extinction
She Wolf
Sweating bullets
Skin o' my Teeth
Into the lungs of hell
Five Magics
Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Poisonous shadows
Peace Sells
Tornado of souls
Train of consequences
Foreclosure of a dream
Trust
This was my life
Rust in peace
Bonus, Wizard, ? No more mr nice guy
https://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/Megadeth/Dystopia/536834/
The modes could be so wild !
Vic here
https://weebucket.wordpress.com/2017/04/21/megadeth-the-conception-of-vic-rattlehead/
[quoted image][quoted image]

I upvoted this simply for your enthusiasm! Lol

#10787 3 years ago

Oh well, I don't see fresh news about the next Stern pin..

The next Stern pin will probably be something nobody expected, some Pinsiders will say that they had predicted it, some will be disappointed but mostly, tons will line up to buy one!

#10788 3 years ago

the next stern machine should be a Virtual Pinball. its been rumored talk by stern and other companies such as Arcade1Up and AtGames are coming out with their version. Stern should get on board and corner the market as well.. not everyone can afford a 8 to 10 grand pinball. having a virtual gives you the ability to enjoy the classic pinball games you grew up playing or some classics you never got to play.. just my opinion..

#10789 3 years ago

Barf...who let you in here? Haha

Quoted from gregh43:

the next stern machine should be a Virtual Pinball. its been rumored talk by stern and other companies such as Arcade1Up and AtGames are coming out with their version. Stern should get on board and corner the market as well.. not everyone can afford a 8 to 10 grand pinball. having a virtual gives you the ability to enjoy the classic pinball games you grew up playing or some classics you never got to play.. just my opinion..

#10790 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Haha I knew people would dig into the other Data East titles.. Honestly one that comes to mind which I think could be absolutely incredible with the same treatment as the current games have been getting is Tales From The Crypt.
My prediction for Stern Dec 2020- Dec 2021 :
Led Zeppelin
Back To The Future
Some unexpected title... like Heavy Metal, Primus, etc
JAWS
Tron VE or Tron 82' version
Honestly I'm a huge fan of Stern, but if Harry Potter were to come out, I'd want it to go to JJP... just suits them better.

Bttf, Tron ‘82 AND JAWS? You trying to get me divorced man?

#10791 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Joe Kamikow said during October expo, that he has a relationship already with Harry Potter and we’d “better like Stern”, if the title comes out. Honestly, JJP is overrated and I for one don’t want to pay $12.5K for Harry Potter. Hopefully, Stern will do a stellar job with their team of industry top designers. Think they’ve learned their lessons from Star Wars and Beatles. While somewhat good, both of those licenses could have been so much better. With Lyman on code, Keith on design and either Chris or Jeremy on art, it’d be awesome imo. Priced LE at $9.2k, still expensive, but much more palatable than a JJP $3.3k higher price offering.

JJP LE is $9,500, and still has features beyond a Stern LE. You get a LOT more for $300 difference.

#10792 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

. You get a LOT more for $300 difference.

So had a chance to play the JJP G&R ... Beautiful well built machine, great display! The playfield artwork and toys are spectacular. No company will come close to this game. By the way in no way a fan of G&R

#10793 3 years ago

Just seen their next machine in prototype stage.

117091DF-C1C0-46AD-AAB6-AA7277946CC8 (resized).jpeg117091DF-C1C0-46AD-AAB6-AA7277946CC8 (resized).jpeg
#10794 3 years ago

That's not Welk.

#10795 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So had a chance to play the JJP G&R ... Beautiful well built machine, great display! The playfield artwork and toys are spectacular. No company will come close to this game. By the way in no way a fan of G&R

Really looking forward to getting this one, but I will have to turn all the lighting intensity down. That much light at maximum is not a selling point for me.

#10796 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Oh yeah and we got it.....took years but never gave up.

#10797 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really looking forward to getting this one, but I will have to turn all the lighting intensity down. That much light at maximum is not a selling point for me.

Have you played it yet? It is not as "intense" as it looks on the streams. Live and Let Die is the only song that I would say has an intense lightshow. It is much more subtle than you realize. Rarely at maximum.

#10798 3 years ago

So sad the passing of Sean Connery.. James Bond would make such a great pinball. Thank you Sean Connery, one last Martini shaken and not stirred!

d4jpqxv-e09d66b0-d69c-4459-b18e-269b2e8abd76 (resized).jpgd4jpqxv-e09d66b0-d69c-4459-b18e-269b2e8abd76 (resized).jpg
#10800 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

James Bond would make such a great pinball.

I vote for Goldeneye if they ever make a Bond pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
There are 46,991 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/216?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.