balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 923.
#10701 3 years ago

The Muppet Show seemes like it wiuld work better for pinball than modern television. Starting modes is starting skits like Pigs in Space, Chicken music, Swedish chef's cooking show, etc. Doing well keeps the show on the air or something. Do poorly and get heckled by Waldorf and Statler. Lots of characters to use. Have a scoop of some mini playfield in the back that starts backstage stuff, Start the music, Light the lights multiball or wizard mode maybe...idk just spit balling but I can see Muppets working well in the right hands. The theme song would be stuck in my head for days though so maybe its a wizard mode lol.

#10702 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The Muppet Show seemes like it wiuld work better for pinball than modern television. Starting modes is starting skits like Pigs in Space, Chicken music, Swedish chef's cooking show, etc. Doing well keeps the show on the air or something. Do poorly and get heckled by Waldorf and Statler. Lots of characters to use. Have a scoop of some mini playfield in the back that starts backstage stuff, Start the music, Light the lights multiball or wizard mode maybe...idk just spit balling but I can see Muppets working well in the right hands. The theme song would be stuck in my head for days though so maybe its a wizard mode lol.

I agree. A properly done Muppets Pinball could be hilarious and awesome.

Other themes I'd like to see:
1. Lego Pinball - With a mashup of the most popular Lego franchises.
2. Fallout Pinball - Based on the video game franchise.

#10703 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Other themes I'd like to see:
1. Lego Pinball - With a mashup of the most popular Lego franchises.

Just a few licensing issues to deal with there...

#10704 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Just a few licensing issues to deal with there...

Maybe Lego is helpful.

The Lego Dimensions video game was insane for what it was. It smashed together so many disparity properties. Some of them have been or would be great pinball themes: Scooby Doo, The Simpsons, Wizard of Oz, Beetlejuice, BTTF, Ghostbusters, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, Sonic the Hedgehog, The Goonies, Gremlins, etc

#10705 3 years ago

A Mortal Kombat pinball would be nice.

#10706 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Choose your fighter and play through the Tournament, score some combos, Goro Wizard Mode. Boom. Perfect. Could have some really great animations and art.

#10707 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Games based on single characters wil never work.
So jaws and godzilla soon gets boring.
If they can have the movie licenses with the actors it can work.
BTTF will do the trick, all the movies in one pin full with shots and toys.

Would have to highly disagree on Godzilla here. Especially if they can use other monsters from the films. You could have limitless monsters to fight, as well as the military and destroying buildings. They could make a whole new story if they wanted, or it just be straight up... Godzilla vs Monsters. If it's just Godzilla with no other monsters, I'm sure there's plenty of workarounds for that as well. It's no secret that most people don't watch Godzilla for the humans.

#10708 3 years ago

Sorry to burst bubbles here, but Munchkin is not Godzilla. Was for Star Wars Home.

#10709 3 years ago

You all focusing on “Munchkin” got me thinking. If Star Wars had a code name of Donut, could “Munchkin” also be a Star Wars theme?

Here in the US, the Dunkin Donuts chain call their donut ‘holes’ munchkins. It’s so popular that many in the US call all donut holes munchkins.

If you think about a diminutive munchkin-like Star Wars character, you’ve got Baby Yoda and... The Mandalorian.

Edit: And I see the post above me mentions that Munchkin is Star Wars Home. So there goes my theory.

#10710 3 years ago

I totally like the Lego pinball idea never really even thought of that.
It would be great if it was Not based on the movie then they can make a game like D.I. all original.

An original Lego theme would be amazing.

This sounds more like a job for American Pinball much like Hot Wheels idea.

#10711 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

This sounds more like a job for American Pinball much like Hot Wheels idea.

There's gotta be some video assets they could re-purpose in the same way as Hot Wheels. The biggest problem is that there is so much licensed Lego stuff that could be cool to utilize but I imagine would be impossible to license/use.

Either way, make the game focus on building things, maybe just on the screen but it would be cool with some kind of state-changing playfield mechs. Things like "building" a ramp to lock balls and start MB. Or maybe "breaking" down a wall.

#10712 3 years ago

Munchkin is also used to describe players in RPGs like Dungeons and Dragons.
But i think i might have heard something about it from wizards of the coast since they don't keep secrets too well.

#10713 3 years ago

Anybody know what or when Lyman's is up again?

#10714 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Keep hearing hes doin zepp

#10715 3 years ago

How has Die Hard never been on the rumor mill. Iconic 80's theme and the modes are already there...so many great potential callouts.

#10716 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Reading through pinside, there seems to be a belief that Lyman will not work with Steve Ritchie. If I am right the last time those two teamed up was on ACDC.

#10717 3 years ago

Seems like Ritchie and Sexton will be teaming up again for Ritchie's next one.

#10718 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Reading through pinside, there seems to be a belief that Lyman will not work with Steve Ritchie. If I am right the last time those two teamed up was on ACDC.

You're right. I wasn't thinkin when I answered.

#10719 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Quoted from rave24:

Choose your fighter and play through the Tournament, score some combos, Goro Wizard Mode. Boom. Perfect. Could have some really great animations and art.

Or it could end up like the Street Fighter pinball.

#10720 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Really? Wow.

15B4E906-407E-45D0-BD4C-7DB981A7CBF4 (resized).jpeg15B4E906-407E-45D0-BD4C-7DB981A7CBF4 (resized).jpeg
#10721 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Your mention is the first I have heard of this. I don't think so.

#10722 3 years ago

How about a political themed pin that pokes fun at ALL of these candidates... I’ll buy that! Can you imagine the mods???

#10723 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

How about a political themed pin that pokes fun at ALL of these candidates... I’ll buy that! Can you imagine the mods???

Yeah...probably don't even want to go there. People will start listing the mods as jokes, which will cross into political talk, which will shut down the thread. And this is a good thread.

#10724 3 years ago

Munchkin is obviously Spaceballs.

#10725 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Please NO POLITICS. I come to this site to get away from political talk.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10726 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Hell no, Ive had enough to last awhile!

#10727 3 years ago

I think “Super Troopers” would be fun...a lot of funny one-liners, quotable, and great cult following...done like a tbl but with a big manufacturer behind it.

#10728 3 years ago

I’m down for any pin poking fun at the police

Quoted from wyopin:

I think “Super Troopers” would be fun...a lot of funny one-liners, quotable, and great cult following...done like a tbl but with a big manufacturer behind it.

#10729 3 years ago

A Godzilla themed pin would be badass based on the old or new movies. But I think a Godzilla vs Kong 2021 based theme would be killer. All the different monsters especially King Ghidorah. But won’t happen

AC49D527-0ED3-4896-B15A-E8ACE4BF7FE7 (resized).pngAC49D527-0ED3-4896-B15A-E8ACE4BF7FE7 (resized).png
#10730 3 years ago

Why not? Stern holds the license to Soookys dismay (That was the co dream license) I think it’s likely that Stern will produce a Toho Studios inspired Godzilla pin in 2021. LED Zep first, then BTTF Kapow / Stern studio and Godzilla. It’s gonna be a good year for pinball.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

A Godzilla themed pin would be badass based on the old or new movies. But I think a Godzilla vs Kong 2021 based theme would be killer. All the different monsters especially King Ghidorah. But won’t happen
[quoted image]

#10731 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Why not? Stern holds the license to Soookys dismay (That was the co dream license) I think it’s likely that Stern will produce a Toho Studios inspired Godzilla pin in 2021. LED Zep first, then BTTF Kapow / Stern studio and Godzilla. It’s gonna be a good year for pinball.

Wait is there some hint evidence of a BTTF?

#10732 3 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Apparently Kamikow hints at it in an interview.

#10733 3 years ago

Yes, Joe Kamikow has eluded to it twice now in 2 different interviews. Think BTTF is coming and I’m first inline for that one. Fun title with all kinds of possibilities, with a modern 2020+ take on it. Should be a big seller for Stern/Kapow.

#10734 3 years ago

If the Beatles cost a million or more to make 1964 games, I wonder if a million is enough for the license and some movie clips of BTTF.

Zen Studios made a BTTF game. The license can’t be that expensive. Netflix got very short clips of the movie into Stranger Things

Would they do something like 1985 premium (and up) units only? Maybe some super limited editions with a different cabinet trim of a sequel.

#10735 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, Joe Kamikow has eluded to it twice now in 2 different interviews. Think BTTF is coming and I’m first inline for that one. Fun title with all kinds of possibilities, with a modern 2020+ take on it. Should be a big seller for Stern/Kapow.

That is exactly what I sold my Dataeast version recently.
Oh it's coming.

#10736 3 years ago

BTTF has to have Huey Lewis and The News. It wouldn't be BTTF without that music! Would also be awesome if they could somehow work in the greatest rendition of Earth Angel of all time!

Imagine a light show mimicking a high school dance. Enchantment under the sea multi-ball?

#10737 3 years ago

BTTF has to have Huey Lewis and The News. It wouldn't be BTTF without that music! Would also be awesome if they could somehow work in the greatest rendition of Earth Angel of all time!

Those rights should be dirt cheap!

#10738 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Supposedly he's now only doing the SLE type releases (Batman, Elvira) that will come out every 2-3 years. His name as a coder has value, and Stern wants to pair it with their more expensive releases.

#10739 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I hope a Godzilla pin comes down the pipe. Hopefully they announce something soon regarding Zeppelin and 2021 pin schedule before I buy AFMr and a TMNT pro.

#10740 3 years ago

I mean, they re-released majority of the Data East games again over the course of the past few years most relatively recently.... BTTF is coming... we all know it's coming.

DE Jurassic Park ... STERN check
DE Playboy... STERN check
DE Batman... STERN check
DE WWF... STERN check
DE Star Wars STERN check
DE Simpsons... STERN check
DE Star Trek... STERN check
DE TMNT...STERN check
DE Guns N Roses - JJP Check

BTTF probably could use the biggest facelift of all of those other Data East games. Hope they don't screw it up.

#10741 3 years ago

Now I want a sick new Torpedo Alley

Surprised there isn’t much mention of a new Robocop either

#10742 3 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Now I want a sick new Torpedo Alley
Surprised there isn’t much mention of a new Robocop either

Haha I knew people would dig into the other Data East titles.. Honestly one that comes to mind which I think could be absolutely incredible with the same treatment as the current games have been getting is Tales From The Crypt.

My prediction for Stern Dec 2020- Dec 2021 :

Led Zeppelin
Back To The Future
Some unexpected title... like Heavy Metal, Primus, etc
JAWS
Tron VE or Tron 82' version

Honestly I'm a huge fan of Stern, but if Harry Potter were to come out, I'd want it to go to JJP... just suits them better.

#10743 3 years ago

I mean they already re made turtles, why not back to the future next...

I also wouldn't mind an 80s transformers pin

#10744 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Haha I knew people would dig into the other Data East titles.. Honestly one that comes to mind which I think could be absolutely incredible with the same treatment as the current games have been getting is Tales From The Crypt.
My prediction for Stern Dec 2020- Dec 2021 :
Led Zeppelin
Back To The Future
Some unexpected title... like Heavy Metal, Primus, etc
JAWS
Tron VE or Tron 82' version
Honestly I'm a huge fan of Stern, but if Harry Potter were to come out, I'd want it to go to JJP... just suits them better.

Joe Kamikow said during October expo, that he has a relationship already with Harry Potter and we’d “better like Stern”, if the title comes out. Honestly, JJP is overrated and I for one don’t want to pay $12.5K for Harry Potter. Hopefully, Stern will do a stellar job with their team of industry top designers. Think they’ve learned their lessons from Star Wars and Beatles. While somewhat good, both of those licenses could have been so much better. With Lyman on code, Keith on design and either Chris or Jeremy on art, it’d be awesome imo. Priced LE at $9.2k, still expensive, but much more palatable than a JJP $3.3k higher price offering.

#10745 3 years ago

Tony Hawk pinball. Rails everywhere. Gotta hit the quarter pipe shot to get the ball up to the upper playfield. Collect SKATE. Timed runs. Combos galore. Isn't Keith Elwin's handle sk8ball?

#10746 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Isn't Keith Elwin's handle sk8ball?

Yes and i love my Maiden so much that this influenced my decision to buy a Skateball of my own.

#10747 3 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Tony Hawk pinball. Rails everywhere. Gotta hit the quarter pipe shot to get the ball up to the upper playfield. Collect SKATE. Timed runs. Combos galore. Isn't Keith Elwin's handle sk8ball?

Tony Hawk would have been a good alternate theme choice to the AIQ Premium/LE layout.

#10748 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

[quoted image]

That would be awesome. You could choose a monster Kong or Godzilla to battle other monsters. Have my doubts as well.

#10749 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

That would be awesome. You could choose a monster Kong or Godzilla to battle other monsters. Have my doubts as well.

Hell Congo was made so maybe there’s a chance for a Godzilla lol. But the call outs with the roars accompanied with a sub would be epic.

#10750 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Tony Hawk would have been a good alternate theme choice to the AIQ Premium/LE layout.

Careful... I got blasted as an asshat for suggesting the same thing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chester, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 46,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/215?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.