Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 937.
#10651 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I know it would never happen but I would buy this in a heartbeat. With Brian Allen on the artwork. Now that would be sick.
[quoted image]

That was a fun game

#10652 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Kurt Cobain Wizard mode multi-ball..... shoot all 5 balls into his head for a super jackpot.
Too soon....?
Foo Fighters was the best thing to come out of Nirvana. Fuck Nirvana.

Obviously you weren't around in the early 90's.
When smells like teen spirit dropped in 91 it took over the world.
Had to be there I guess.
Fk Nirvana. Nahhhhh Fk Foo Poo !

#10653 3 years ago

But what is Munchkin code name for????

#10654 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Maybe Batman 66? Idk what code name that had. My train of thought being JJP WoZ was the first LCD game, Batman 66 is Sterns first LCD game, and munchkin could be a wink at WoZ.

#10655 3 years ago

Some of the ones ive heard....

Batman66 -Shark
Ghostbusters -Harold
Star Trek - Bill
Walking Dead - Dinner Time
WWE - Dudes
Mustang - Biscuit
Aerosmith - Toys
Metallica - James
Star Wars - Donut
Maiden - Egypt
Munsters - Grandpa
Stranger Things - Goonies
GotG - Furry Hats
JP - Jaws
TMNT - Jason
ACDC - Grinder
Game of Thrones - Politico
Kiss - Star
BKSoR- Paris

#10656 3 years ago

Elvira - Curves

#10657 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I finally watched Goonies last weekend for the first time. I was excited at first to see that it was a Spielberg movie and had some names I recognized in it. I mostly agree on your take. It is a real good kids movie unlike the crap they produce these days. For me though, without the nostalgia it was really, really hard to watch until the end. Without seeing it earlier in life, not sure you can say how well it has aged. Even still there seems to be a small, but loud group who really want this theme. I could see it working out for a boutique company that would be happy with 1000 sales.

I watched the Goonies when I was around five years old and love it to this day. We moved from the country to the coast at the time and it sent my imagination wild as a kid. Exploring the bays and inlets in my dad's little boat reminded me of the adventure in the movie and I was always imagining finding pirate's treasure on a secluded beach or sandbar. I also loved the movie for the edgy jokes. It wasn't just a soppy 80s kids movie and the actors were all engaging and memorable. "oh wow, a police chase! Awwww shiiii......"

Bring on the pinball with mechanical toys and One Eyed Willy's pirate ship.

#10658 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Batman66 -Shark
Ghostbusters -Harold
Star Trek - Bill
WWE - Dudes
Mustang - Biscuit
Aerosmith - Toys
Metallica - James
Star Wars - Donut
Maiden - Egypt
Munsters - Grandpa
GotG - Furry Hats
JP - Jaws
TMNT - Jason
ACDC - Grinder
Kiss - Star
BKSoR- Paris

Thanks,
I have been waiting for a code name list for a while.
Well done
Appreciated

#10659 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Batman66 -Shark
Ghostbusters -Harold
Star Trek - Bill
WWE - Dudes
Mustang - Biscuit
Aerosmith - Toys
Metallica - James
Star Wars - Donut
Maiden - Egypt
Munsters - Grandpa
GotG - Furry Hats
JP - Jaws
TMNT - Jason
ACDC - Grinder
Kiss - Star
BKSoR- Paris

U should make a new thread with all Stern the code names.

#10660 3 years ago

So that means we need to figure out what “Munchkin” is. Godzilla?

#10661 3 years ago

I hope so. Godzilla is dream theme status for me.

Quoted from kermit24:

#10662 3 years ago

What was AIQ's nic name?

#10663 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Could be on to something there.

"Munchkin is a dedicated deck card game by Steve Jackson Games, written by Steve Jackson and illustrated by John Kovalic. It is a humorous take on role-playing games, based on the concept of munchkins (immature role-players, playing only to "win" by having the most powerful character possible)......Players primarily progress by killing monsters, and level up every time they kill a monster. "

Munchkin_game_cover (resized).jpgMunchkin_game_cover (resized).jpg
#10664 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Batman66 -Shark
Ghostbusters -Harold
Star Trek - Bill
WWE - Dudes
Mustang - Biscuit
Aerosmith - Toys
Metallica - James
Star Wars - Donut
Maiden - Egypt
Munsters - Grandpa
GotG - Furry Hats
JP - Jaws
TMNT - Jason
ACDC - Grinder
Kiss - Star
BKSoR- Paris

Deadpool - Guy

#10665 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

U should make a new thread with all Stern the code names.

Yes, some should.

#10667 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What was AIQ's nic name?

I think it was Watson.

#10668 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

and that they end up in bars and would diminish the HP franchise value.

Well, shes got a point hah

#10669 3 years ago

I wouldn't mind a Red Hot Chili Peppers pin

#10670 3 years ago

This may be the worst suggestion for a pin theme I’ve ever heard haha

Quoted from Vitty:

#10671 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Cant give it away now

#10672 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I was a huge Chili Peppers fan until I saw them live...

Luckily James Brown was supporting so the day wasn't a complete loss!

#10673 3 years ago

Led Zepplin by Stern is rumored by Ritchie. No surprise there. I am betting the big surprise might be the artist .... Christopher Franchi. No proof and pure speculation but I thought it was interesting that a copy of Led Zepplin by Led Zepplin an official Illustrative Art Book was in Franchi’s media collection. Was looking at his Pinball Swami poster work and stumbled upon a recent posted pic of his dog Barlow. Definitely would be very useful if you were doing the art for a new Stern pin . Pure speculation but would be awesome if true!

1F31C6E7-35E0-4CB5-B81B-A5E7BE93FFD1 (resized).png1F31C6E7-35E0-4CB5-B81B-A5E7BE93FFD1 (resized).pngE87D4B9A-7788-430A-B4D4-71E12BBF609F (resized).jpegE87D4B9A-7788-430A-B4D4-71E12BBF609F (resized).jpeg
#10674 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Led Zepplin by Stern is rumored by Ritchie. No surprise there. I am betting the big surprise might be the artist .... Christopher Franchi. No proof and pure speculation but I thought it was interesting that a copy of Led Zepplin by Led Zepplin an official Illustrative Art Book was in Franchi’s media collection. Was looking at his Pinball Swami poster work and stumbled upon a recent posted pic of his dog Barlow. Definitely would be very useful if you were doing the art for a new Stern pin . Pure speculation but would be awesome if true![quoted image][quoted image]

Wish they would announce this already, pretty stoked for it!

#10675 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Could be on to something there.
"Munchkin is a dedicated deck card game by Steve Jackson Games, written by Steve Jackson and illustrated by John Kovalic. It is a humorous take on role-playing games, based on the concept of munchkins (immature role-players, playing only to "win" by having the most powerful character possible)......Players primarily progress by killing monsters, and level up every time they kill a monster. "[quoted image]

Isnt a munchkin a cat?

Black panther the pin

#10676 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

...I am betting the big surprise might be the artist .... Christopher Franchi...

No shit! I'll run to the store and get some tracing paper!

#10677 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Somebody should make it in a hollywood basement.

#10678 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Led Zepplin by Stern is rumored by Ritchie. No surprise there. I am betting the big surprise might be the artist .... Christopher Franchi. No proof and pure speculation but I thought it was interesting that a copy of Led Zepplin by Led Zepplin an official Illustrative Art Book was in Franchi’s media collection. Was looking at his Pinball Swami poster work and stumbled upon a recent posted pic of his dog Barlow. Definitely would be very useful if you were doing the art for a new Stern pin . Pure speculation but would be awesome if true![quoted image][quoted image]

I was under the impression Stern was done with Franchi because he doesnt know how to keep his mouth shut.

#10679 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

It’s a Dunkin‘ Donuts pinball... they will use the likeness of Todd Tuckey from TNT Amusements.

The slogan will be “Time to make the Pinballs”
F27D13D1-3BEA-45C6-866E-3969177BB407 (resized).pngF27D13D1-3BEA-45C6-866E-3969177BB407 (resized).png

#10680 3 years ago

how about some 'project' pinballs that were scrapped that never made it to production. iam thinking Stern is waiting for the hype to settle with the JJp GnR before they push out their next title.

#10681 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

iam thinking Stern is waiting for the hype to settle with the JJp GnR before they push out their next title.

I feel like it would be strange for them to push out the next game right now when they're so backlogged on their 2 newest games. I understand that they run more than just the newest games at any given time but even releasing Avengers when they did got in the way of selling TMNTs. Yeah, they can sell either of those for the next few years but that initial hype has got to do some serious heavy lifting on total sales. I feel like their best bet would be to satisfy the bulk of the demand for TMNT and AIQ before moving onto the next one. But, of course, Stern would know exactly what initial sales vs. long-term sales would be and will act accordingly.

When it comes down to it, this current manufacturing bottleneck could really set them up in the long-term on the design/development side of things. Perhaps with a number of different games nearing completion and ready for the factory ahead of the typical schedule or at the same time.

Though I'm pretty sure the design of Elvira was sitting more-or-less complete for a while before they released it and that didn't seem to help with the code development side of things.

#10682 3 years ago

Throwing this out there, not sure if it was mentioned before. Animaniacs. Hulu is releasing a new Animaniacs series and would actually be an awesome theme.

#10683 3 years ago

Looking forward to Godzilla!!

#10684 3 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Looking forward to Godzilla!!

...I did notice Godzilla vs Kong toys in the toy aisle with my son today so thats a thing now.

#10685 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

...I did notice Godzilla vs Kong toys in the toy aisle with my son today so thats a thing now.

The next Godzilla movie is Godzilla vs Kong. Now THAT would be an awesome pin. My game room is filling quickly but I’d make room for that one. I hope Stern does it.

#10686 3 years ago

I’d prefer classic Toho Godzilla on its own but I suppose I could get behind a Godzilla vs Kong movie pin if it’s done right...and the film isn’t a pile of shite haha

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

The next Godzilla movie is Godzilla vs Kong. Now THAT would be an awesome pin. My game room is filling quickly but I’d make room for that one. I hope Stern does it.

#10687 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’d prefer classic Toho Godzilla on its own but I suppose I could get behind a Godzilla vs Kong movie pin if it’s done right...and the film isn’t a pile of shite haha

I agree. I enjoyed the last Godzilla, which was King of the Monsters. Not exactly an Oscar contender, but I liked it. Godzilla vs Kong could be awesome. And for a pin there are SO many possibilities.

#10688 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The new Godzilla Movies are at least that true to the original that, on a pinball table, it propably would make little difference.

(I loved Shin Godzilla.)

#10689 3 years ago

Please please please don't let it be any more Marvel or DC titles.

I would like a Pee Wee Herman machine!

#10690 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I have to agree with Toho Godzilla.

#10691 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Please please please don't let it be any more Marvel or DC titles.
I would like a Pee Wee Herman machine!

Uh...I would rather have more Marvel or DC titles before that one...or maybe just do Jaws please

#10692 3 years ago

I like Godzilla, but have have never found any of the movies to be worth watching. Beginning to think Godzilla went to acting school with Adam Sandler.

#10693 3 years ago

Games based on single characters wil never work.
So jaws and godzilla soon gets boring.
If they can have the movie licenses with the actors it can work.
BTTF will do the trick, all the movies in one pin full with shots and toys.

#10694 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Because of what?

I srsly got to dislike playing „scenes“ of a movie.
Better have a goal. „Defeat Godzilla“ is just that. (And I guess you get Mothra and Company as well.)

I like Black Knight.

#10695 3 years ago

That’s absurd, there are 17 monsters in the Godzilla franchise. So 17 modes to defeat each titan, team ups ala Deadpool with Rodan, Angurius and Godzilla JR with a “destroy all monsters” wizard mode finale would make an EPIC pinball experience. Make the modes non linear and stackable with multiballs...Jesus...how could that EVER be boring?

Quoted from pinballwil:

So jaws and godzilla soon gets boring.
If they can have the movie licenses with the actors it can work.
BTTF will do the trick, all the movies in one pin full with shots and toys.

#10696 3 years ago

I'd be into Godzilla if Lyman cut up clips from the dozens of movies.

#10697 3 years ago

How about a Muppets pinball
With a Waldorf and statler topper making fun of you

21barn01_600 (1) (resized).jpg21barn01_600 (1) (resized).jpgmuppet-pinball-mayhem-164x164 (resized).pngmuppet-pinball-mayhem-164x164 (resized).pngstatler_waldorf_the_muppets_diamond_select_moc_2_ (1) (resized).jpgstatler_waldorf_the_muppets_diamond_select_moc_2_ (1) (resized).jpg
#10698 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

How about a Muppets pinball
With a Waldorf and statler topper making fun of you
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Believe it or not, Stern did have a Muppets license secured at one point and decided not to make the game when the Muppet Show reboot a few years ago was a flop.

#10699 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Waldorf and statler topper making fun of you

2k topper

#10700 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Believe it or not, Stern did have a Muppets license secured at one point and decided not to make the game when the Muppet Show reboot a few years ago was a flop.

Muppets information coming from someone whose handle includes "kermit" is 100% true in my book.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/214?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.