enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 923.
#10601 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

HP > WOZ
ergo HP deserves to be a widebody design with two upper playfields. I’d trust Keith (or George) to tackle that one of anyone at Stern. As for Stern building a widebody pin, I have some concerns about their eagerness to go that route. Would be 1000% easier for Kapow to work with JJP and to demand Eric design the HP masterpiece.

Yeah and that game would cost like 12.5k for the base model

I’m skeptical JoeK would work with JJP considering his history with Gary. But I can’t say that for certain like I can say Stern is never ever going to build a wide body game.

Just be happy if any Harry Potter pin gets made. The more you build it up in your head, the more disappointed you’ll be whenever it does get made

#10602 3 years ago

... however, as this is a Stern thread, I’d suggest Kapow license two versions of HP, with one going to Stern and one to JJP. Both would sellout and could expect to sell 5k units.

Stern’s version would be on the line following month 18 and be offered as $10k premium, $15k LE and $25k LE+ models. It would have photoshopped art by Franchi that looked great, but the game would come with no movie assets, no Hogwart’s references nor likeness of Harry Potter. Complete 5000 game run would have been built and shipped by month 24.

JJP’s version would be on the line at month 24 and and be offered as $12k standard, $15k LE and $20k SLE models. It would have hand drawn art and look spectacular and it would have all movie assets including access to Hogwarts and Harry. Complete 5000 game run would have been built and shipped by month 36.

The whole time the companies compete to offer the best HP experience, the entire community is abuzz and rooting for one or both. Then the community buys the fruits of their efforts. A win - win - win - win.

#10603 3 years ago

... however, as this is a Stern thread, I’d suggest Kapow license two versions of HP, with one going to Stern and one to JJP. Both would sellout and could expect to sell 5k units.
Stern’s version would be on the line following month 18 and be offered as $10k premium, $15k LE and $25k LE+ models. It would have photoshopped art by Franchi that looked great, but the game would come with no movie assets, no Hogwart’s references nor likeness of Harry Potter. Complete 5000 game run would have been built and shipped by month 24.
JJP’s version would be on the line at month 24 and and be offered as $12k standard, $15k LE and $20k SLE models. It would have hand drawn art and look spectacular and it would have all movie assets including access to Hogwarts and Harry. Complete 5000 game run would have been built and shipped by month 36.
The whole time the companies compete to offer the best HP experience, the entire community is abuzz and rooting for one or both. Then the community buys the fruits of their efforts. A win - win - win - win.

Wake and bake on a Sunday

#10604 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Life has already leached imagination and fun from them?

No, they grew up

#10605 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No, they grew up

They are now in their Dostoyevsky phase and anxiously await Crime and Punishment: The Pinball Machine. I'd be all over a CE of that myself.

#10606 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did not sound serious at all to me. Stern does not announce games like that.

Have not yet seen the video but Kaminkow was pretty blend on hinting at Beatles hard as hell as well.

#10607 3 years ago

So no mentions here of codename Jason from the Stern expo video?

Jason
Freddy vs. Jason
Freddie Mercury?

#10608 3 years ago

Or maybe Jason > Halloween > Nightmare Before Christmas.

#10609 3 years ago

Oh wait. Mike Meyers is Halloween. Let’s try that again... Jason > Camp Crystal Lake > Crystal meth > Breaking Bad! Confirmed.

#10610 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Jason
Freddy vs. Jason
Freddie Mercury?

Jason is John Bonham’s son and he played with Led Zeppelin after his father’s death.

#10611 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Jason is John Bonham’s son and he played with Led Zeppelin after his father’s death.

I like your thinking!

#10612 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Jason
Freddy vs. Jason
Freddie Mercury?

Jason is the codename of TMNT, isn't it? (I think it's related to Casey Jones and his mask)

#10613 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My kids liked Harry potter,,, when they were 10. They over it now

Funny a lot of kids are that way. My cousin's boys back in the day had all the toys and even the round eyeglasses. Now they deny ever being more than casual fans of HP. To me I never saw the draw, but to each their own. HP would be an automatic pass for me.

#10614 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Jason is the codename of TMNT, isn't it? (I think it's related to Casey Jones and his mask)

I thought Goonies was TMNT?

#10615 3 years ago

I’m calling it now, BTTF next Kapow/stern release, whenever that is, maybe first of the year. During Beatles discussion at expo 2020, Joe said, “maybe next year we can do this again, (emphasis) in the Future”. Maybe wishful thinking but his voice inflection on “in the future” was definitely emphasized.

#10616 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I’m calling it now, BTTF next Kapow/stern release, whenever that is, maybe first of the year. During Beatles discussion at expo 2020, Joe said, “maybe next year we can do this again, (emphasis) in the Future”. Maybe wishful thinking but his voice inflection on “in the future” was definitely emphasized.

Oooooh...have a clip?

#10617 3 years ago

I got my bet on Dave and the Foo Fighters. He has so many irons in the fire....pinball was big when he was a kid here in Va. If he agrees, he’d go all in like Slash.

#10618 3 years ago

Jason was the TMNT code name. It is on the playfield tags.

#10619 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Funny a lot of kids are that way. My cousin's boys back in the day had all the toys and even the round eyeglasses. Now they deny ever being more than casual fans of HP. To me I never saw the draw, but to each their own. HP would be an automatic pass for me.

Thanks. Thought I was only one haha

#10620 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Jason was the TMNT code name. It is on the playfield tags.

Cool, thanks for the info

#10621 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I thought Goonies was TMNT?

Pretty sure "Goonies" was code for Stranger Things...

#10622 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I got my bet on Dave and the Foo Fighters. He has so many irons in the fire....pinball was big when he was a kid here in Va. If he agrees, he’d go all in like Slash.

That would be a "take my money" pin for me for sure

#10623 3 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

But Foo Fighters lol.

#10624 3 years ago

I agree Stern could do it much quicker, but I think JJP would do a better job with the license.

But yeah, it would be 12K and be on the line in 2023 or 2024 if JJP did it. It would probably look sweet as hell...but take a LONG TIME to get to us.

#10625 3 years ago

Foo fighters?? Oh man. Hope that is later in 2021. I’ve already bought in on a Zeppelin LE. Wallet needs time to fill back up.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10626 3 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Foo fighters?? Oh man. Hope that is later in 2021. I’ve already bought in on a Zeppelin LE. Wallet needs time to fill back up.

Think I would want JJP to do Foo Fighters and work with Dave.

That would be a CE for me!

#10627 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Think I would want JJP to do Foo Fighters and work with Dave.
That would be a CE for me!

GNR songs held up over time (um, so did Journey), but let’s bring it into this century with FF! May even be able to sneak some Nirvana wizard mode in too.

#10628 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That would be a "take my money" pin for me for sure

I guess so based on your ID! LOL. Mine too.

#10629 3 years ago

So, at last 2 sales. Might get to 10! JK. I dont have anything against them, just in a pin? Wont happen anyway, (Slayer first!!!) but one can dream!

#10631 3 years ago

Nirvana pin = somewhat depressing.

Foos pin = party.

#10632 3 years ago

I would like to see Stern get into the Virtual Pinball Market. they need to release a Virtual Pinball. that would be awesome to play all the old classic sterns and new ones too

#10633 3 years ago

Just seen Stern, Jack Danger live, JASON LE popes up in the live video a few times,
Maybe Jason is the next Stern release.

#10634 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Pretty sure "Goonies" was code for Stranger Things...

Watched Goonies for the first time on the weekend. Or should I say, tried to watch it....honestly couldn’t finish it. Terrible movie that has not aged well at all. I get there is nostalgia if you watched it as a kid, but I think DR is barking up the wrong tree with this one. Was likely a cheap license.

#10636 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Just seen Stern, Jack Danger live, JASON LE popes up in the live video a few times,
Maybe Jason is the next Stern release.

Jason=TMNT

Do we know what the codename was for Avengers yet?

#10637 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Watched Goonies for the first time on the weekend. Or should I say, tried to watch it....honestly couldn’t finish it. Terrible movie that has not aged well at all. I get there is nostalgia if you watched it as a kid, but I think DR is barking up the wrong tree with this one. Was likely a cheap license.

Pretty popular here in the US with a big following. Can I see them selling 5000 Goonies pinball machines, probably not but if it is more like the Spooky model where they make only 500-1000 units it will absolutely sell out. I’d be buying one myself, love the movie.

#10638 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Jason=TMNT
Do we know what the codename was for Avengers yet?

I believe the Avengers code name is Watson

#10639 3 years ago

More trolling from stern with "goonies" test board? Noticed it in the Jack Danger Stern tour video.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#10640 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pretty popular here in the US with a big following. Can I see them selling 5000 Goonies pinball machines, probably not but if it is more like the Spooky model where they make only 500-1000 units it will absolutely sell out. I’d be buying one myself, love the movie.

Yeh, I can see the cultish nostalgia aspect, especially if you watched it as a kid. Sounds like A limited run of 500-1000 units like Rnm would sell out given its popularity. Still a terrible movie lol.

#10641 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

More trolling from stern with "goonies" test board? Noticed it in the Jack Danger Stern tour video.
[quoted image]

No. Goonies is the code name for Stranger Things.

#10642 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No. Goonies is the code name for Stranger Things.

I know. Wrong quote?

#10643 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know. Wrong quote?

Thanks. Fixed.

#10644 3 years ago

I’m no expert on the history of Harry Potter becoming a pin, but I recall several discussions in the past where JK Rowling said “no way” because she believes pinball machines have to do with gambling, and that they end up in bars and would diminish the HP franchise value. You know, because she might go broke if Harry Potter’s image was smudged.

#10645 3 years ago

Funhouse 2: Rudy vs Fats

EB35CB5A-E65D-4104-9AEB-032F09246CF8 (resized).jpegEB35CB5A-E65D-4104-9AEB-032F09246CF8 (resized).jpeg
#10646 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m no expert on the history of Harry Potter becoming a pin, but I recall several discussions in the past where JK Rowling said “no way” because she believes pinball machines have to do with gambling, and that they end up in bars and would diminish the HP franchise value. You know, because she might go broke if Harry Potter’s image was smudged.

There was a photo of George Gomez , Joe and JK going around FB a few months ago. I think that is where all the runours about a game started.

#10647 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

There was a photo of George Gomez , Joe and JK going around FB a few months ago. I think that is where all the runours about a game started.

I think it was Elwin, Dankberg, and Gomez at Universal Park. They were finalizing the Jurassic Park license and used the chance to troll

#10648 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Nirvana pin = somewhat depressing.
Foos pin = party.

Kurt Cobain Wizard mode multi-ball..... shoot all 5 balls into his head for a super jackpot.

Too soon....?

Foo Fighters was the best thing to come out of Nirvana. Fuck Nirvana.

#10649 3 years ago

I know it would never happen but I would buy this in a heartbeat. With Brian Allen on the artwork. Now that would be sick.

C943A73F-70F8-4021-878C-F74EACD2D67A (resized).jpegC943A73F-70F8-4021-878C-F74EACD2D67A (resized).jpeg
#10650 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeah I finally watched Goonies last weekend for the first time. I was excited at first to see that it was a Spielberg movie and had some names I recognized in it. I mostly agree on your take. It is a real good kids movie unlike the crap they produce these days. For me though, without the nostalgia it was really, really hard to watch until the end. Without seeing it earlier in life, not sure you can say how well it has aged. Even still there seems to be a small, but loud group who really want this theme. I could see it working out for a boutique company that would be happy with 1000 sales.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/213?hl=napoleon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.