vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 941.
#10451 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Ain't nothing wrong with having GOT and TRON in your collection - my next pin will probably be Stranger Things, another game you have!

Stranger Things has been played every day, nonstop, since I got it in February. The game is freaking amazing (especially with the UV kit). The people around here never gave it a chance...they're just dead wrong about that game. You'll love it.

#10452 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

LZ will not do as well as GnR regardless of what the game is like. Zeppelin is a great band but the music isn’t as fit for pinball not to mention a generation older. I’d be happy for you guys who want it if it got made but it won’t be a huge success. Just facts.

I'll take that bet

#10453 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

LZ will not do as well as GnR regardless of what the game is like. Zeppelin is a great band but the music isn’t as fit for pinball not to mention a generation older. I’d be happy for you guys who want it if it got made but it won’t be a huge success. Just facts.

Yep. Another difference is that GnR popular songs are some of their best, and LZ popular songs are some of their worst, (or we have just heard them so many times that they make our ears bleed.) Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog, Whole Lotta Love. Please let me never hear them again.

#10454 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

...and LZ popular songs are some of their worst, (or we have just heard them so many times that they make our ears bleed.) ...

Yeah been hearing them like 20 years longer than GNRs.

#10455 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Jaws would be great though

If Jurassic Park was codenamed "Jaws," wouldnt making a codename Jaws machine and an actual Jaws machine so close together cause some kind of internal confusion?

I guess I don't really know how or why they use a machine's codename.

#10456 3 years ago

They’ve teased, cajoled, pointed and laughed about Jaws so many times, I’m tired of it.

Nice marketing Stern. Enjoy your success. While you can.

#10457 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Yep. Another difference is that GnR popular songs are some of their best, and LZ popular songs are some of their worst, (or we have just heard them so many times that they make our ears bleed.) Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog, Whole Lotta Love. Please let me never hear them again.

Unfortunately the same can be said about any artist that had popular hits that were over played on FM radio or Sirius XM.

#10458 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This might be 67Th time I have said this but I would love me a JAWS pin!!

I think you have more change if 67 people ask for a JAWS pin instead off one men ask for 67 times.

#10459 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I think you have more change if 67 people ask for a JAWS pin instead off one men ask for 67 times.

I'll accept that challenge: I would love me a JAWS pin! Now we just need 65 more...

#10460 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll accept that challenge: I would love me a JAWS pin! Now we just need 65 more...

LZ must come first!

#10461 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

LZ must come first!

I'm in for both, so it doesn't matter which is first (if Jaws actually ever comes out at all).

#10462 3 years ago

Wonder if Led Zeppelin is actually code name for something else ?

#10463 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

Don’t think so

#10464 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Could this hat on tonight’s stream be a sign?

no

#10465 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I agree but from a slightly different point of view, Stern won’t top the attention to detail and full package of GnR because they rarely offer a full and complete package, then again JJP wont top GnR no matter the group/licence.

I doubt any music pin will top JJP GnR, the game looks amazing no doubt but a lot of what took GnR to another level is down to Slash and his involvement, without Slash they wouldn’t have got Fender, Gibson, Vater the overload of footage and assets and custom audio form the band, not to mention probably the best inclusion on the game Live and let die!

I do hope GnR pushes Stern to make a complete package moving forward, love my Sterns but there’s always something missing or that falls short from making the whole package cohesive and complete.

#10466 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This might be 67Th time I have said this but I would love me a JAWS pin!!

68th actually.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10467 3 years ago

I am not asking for Jaws more than 75 times. So Jaws fans are going to have to help out!

#10468 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I am not asking for Jaws more than 75 times. So Jaws fans are going to have to help out!

I'm asking too. JAWS, JAWS, JAWS...c'mon Stern. We'll even get a bigger boat.

#10469 3 years ago

JAWS, BTTF, Bond they are my 3 big wants, although wouldn’t say no to John Wick or F&F.

#10470 3 years ago

I want Jaws to be made because it’s my distributor’s dream theme. He’s a good guy and he deserves it. Come on stern!

#10471 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Silliest statement on Pinside. Put the drink down man...

#10472 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I want Jaws to be made because it’s my distributor’s dream theme. He’s a good guy and he deserves it. Come on stern!

I agree. That person we've never met deserves nice things!!

#10473 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I agree but from a slightly different point of view, Stern won’t top the attention to detail and full package of GnR because they rarely offer a full and complete package, then again JJP wont top GnR no matter the group/licence.
I doubt any music pin will top JJP GnR, the game looks amazing no doubt but a lot of what took GnR to another level is down to Slash and his involvement, without Slash they wouldn’t have got Fender, Gibson, Vater the overload of footage and assets and custom audio form the band, not to mention probably the best inclusion on the game Live and let die!
I do hope GnR pushes Stern to make a complete package moving forward, love my Sterns but there’s always something missing or that falls short from making the whole package cohesive and complete.

I think your spot on. The fact that one of the band members was so intimately involved is kind of a game changer. The amount of assets poured into that game is whats really impressive. So much so I don't think you'll ever see something like that again as its just too expensive. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Stern does with LZ...great music, and I hope its in the same league as GNR.

#10474 3 years ago

Jaws would be an awesome theme if Stern gets movie assets. I don't want to see a cartoony Jaws game.

#10475 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Jaws would be an awesome theme if Stern gets movie assets. I don't want to see a cartoony Jaws game.

Like this?

Jabberjaw (resized).pngJabberjaw (resized).png
#10476 3 years ago

Current movie themes are probably a no-go. IMO there is literally nothing cool enough out now to warrant new machine. I'd say it'll be a retro theme title. RE: New music game... man I'm not sure about that either. As much as GnR stole thunder from Stern I highly doubt they can be that reactive to the scene.

#10477 3 years ago

Jaws? Bring it!!! Take the cash from me. I’d be all in.

#10478 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Like this? [quoted image]

It woundn't surprise me .... JP was a dream theme of mine, but with no movie assets it was a major let down.....although it still turned out to be an incredible game

#10479 3 years ago

Thundercats , then Jaws, Sonic the Hedgehog, then Led Zepplin (boutique release)

#10480 3 years ago

If would like Jaws to be done just to make frankmac happy! Dunno the guy, but Stern wouldn't care less about this post anyway, so may as well make one pinballer happy!

Having said that, I sure wouldn't say no to a Jaws myself..!

#10481 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

Screenshot_20201010-151805_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201010-151805_YouTube (resized).jpg
#10482 3 years ago

Was talking to my wife last night about the possibility of LZ and went to Spotify. It's almost unreal how many amazing songs they have. I'm a late 80s/early 90s kid so LZ was always there but not front and center, so I'm always kinda mindblown at just how many great tracks are theirs.

Admittedly I'm not sure how any of that would translate to a pin, especially theme-wise. But I do know I'd get far more listenability out of a LZ pin than any other current band machine, so bring it on!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10483 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Me some Queen pin....

Welk

#10484 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Was talking to my wife last night about the possibility of LZ and went to Spotify. It's almost unreal how many amazing songs they have. I'm a late 80s/early 90s kid so LZ was always there but not front and center, so I'm always kinda mindblown at just how many great tracks are theirs.
Admittedly I'm not sure how any of that would translate to a pin, especially theme-wise. But I do know I'd get far more listenability out of a LZ pin than any other current band machine, so bring it on!

I totally agree. Some of their less popular tracks are amazing. I don't think the pin would work with the "X numer of songs" model. It would be great to some way work in the songs you want, even if the light sync is not there.

#10485 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I totally agree. Some of their less popular tracks are amazing. I don't think the pin would work with the "X numer of songs" model. It would be great to some way work in the songs you want, even if the light sync is not there.

Mostly I am curious if there is going to be a new bar for number of tracks. Maiden has like 12 songs or something around there, right? With GnR at 21 I feel like any subsequent music pins are gonna have to up the ante. Luckily LZ's catalog is massive.

#10486 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Mostly I am curious if there is going to be a new bar for number of tracks. Maiden has like 12 songs or something around there, right? With GnR at 21 I feel like any subsequent music pins are gonna have to up the ante. Luckily LZ's catalog is massive.

That’s not going to happen. Those choices are made because of licensing. GnR is a special case because Slash is into pinball. In normal situations you are negotiating with a record label for assets. 12 is going to be about as good as it gets.

#10487 3 years ago

Big trouble
Please

#10488 3 years ago
Screenshot_20201009-194918_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201009-194918_Chrome (resized).jpg
#10489 3 years ago

Another vote for Big Trouble in Little China.
Full assets are a must!
Please don’t go cheap on this one Stern

0B1BE9A1-AE23-46A1-96EE-610D00AA40DB (resized).jpeg0B1BE9A1-AE23-46A1-96EE-610D00AA40DB (resized).jpeg
#10490 3 years ago

with the Jersey Jack Release or Guns N Roses i don't think Stern's next title won't top Guns n Roses..

#10491 3 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

with the Jersey Jack Release or Guns N Roses i don't think Stern's next title won't top Guns n Roses..

I agree. It definitely will top Guns n Roses.

#10492 3 years ago

LZ better have Robert Plants head singing to me as a topper

#10493 3 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

LZ better have Robert Plants head singing to me as a topper

And a swatch of Bonzo's casket lining with the SLE.

#10494 3 years ago

Sterns next is apparently Queen, 2 weeks till reveal
Not Led Zeppelin

#10495 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd be shocked if its even in the same league....

#10496 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Not Led Zeppelin

Highly unlikely.

#10497 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Not Led Zeppelin

Looked great in my dreams

#10498 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Not Led Zeppelin

I mean this is also more than acceptable. Get me some of those live assets - Freddie was a boss on stage.

Keep yourself alive during Seven Seas of Rhye multiball!

#10499 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, GravitaR ...you downvoted me and all I was doing was agreeing with gregh43 's double negative:

Quoted from gregh43:

i don't think Stern's next title won't top Guns n Roses..

So you, sir, get this:

Quoted from PtownPin:

I'd be shocked if its even in the same league....

Please see above. I give up.

#10500 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Not Led Zeppelin

If this is true, than this is the "studio" title for 2020. It could be the re-themed quicksilver rumor.

To early for a new cornerstone, but Stern Studio titles have mostly been revealed in September or October. (Elvira, Beatles, BM66)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/210?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.