Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 938.
#10401 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It will take more than code to beat the JJP GnR light show - it's going to take a shit ton more LEDs. Hell JJP even created new lighting systems to bring the stage into the pin - a mini replica of THE GnR rock stage - complete with moving spotlights. Not sure Stern will be able to match it with Zep (but I sure would like to see them try).
I prefer Led Zeppelin music to GnR, but I can listen to LZ on my Klipsch speakers and play a pin with amazeballs code with 10/10 GnR theme integration.

Better yet, play GnR with the sound off and the Zeppelin playing on your Klipsch speakers, and that way you won't have to listen to a singer that sounds like somebody's twisting his nuts off.

#10402 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Better yet, play GnR with the sound off and the Zeppelin playing on your Klipsch speakers, and that way you won't have to listen to a singer that sounds like somebody's twisting his nuts off.

Cause Robert never screams like his nuts are in a vice!

#10403 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Cause Robert never screams like his nuts are in a vice!

LOL...good point!

I also like Rush and ACDC...same ridiculously high vocals.

#10404 3 years ago

Side note, while we are discussing Sterns next pin (and rock themes). I hate to say it, but if either company gets to do Pink Floyd I would prefer JJP. And they can do Floyds Pulse and/or Delicate Sound of Thunder tours! That would be freaking awesome!!!

#10405 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It will take more than code to beat the JJP GnR light show - it's going to take a shit ton more LEDs. Hell JJP even created new lighting systems to bring the stage into the pin - a mini replica of THE GnR rock stage - complete with moving spotlights. Not sure Stern will be able to match it with Zep (but I sure would like to see them try).
I prefer Led Zeppelin music to GnR, but I can listen to LZ on my Klipsch speakers and play a pin with amazeballs code with 10/10 GnR theme integration.

Dwight can take your eyesight with an extinguished candle if he wants to!

He's the Chuck Norris of Flashers!

#10406 3 years ago

Would buy a Led Zep, Pink Floyd, or Zappa machine in a heart beat if done well

#10407 3 years ago

Jimmy Page has always been a stickler for sound quality. Led Zeppelin pin will have to have the best audio package ever.

IMG_4610 (resized).JPGIMG_4610 (resized).JPG
#10408 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

GnR looks amazing, but I have no interest. Still waiting on Zep. Love Zeppelin, love Steve Ritchie's games. Here's the secret most of Pinside hasn't seemed to figure out yet: You don't have to jam a game full of crap to make it a better game. One of the best games ever is AFM...one of the most stripped down games ever. There's so much more than toys that make you want to play a game over and over.
I just love how people here buy into the hype when a game is jam-packed with stuff...then watch gameplay videos and cool off. The opposite is true: Spare-looking games come out, get destroyed on this site, then grow on people once they've played it a few times.
So I'm fine with Zeppelin not being as feature packed as GnR...as long as it's just as fun--or better!

Gotta admit, TNA was fun. Sparse pf but enjoyed it.

#10409 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Dwight can take your eyesight with an extinguished candle if he wants to!
He's the Chuck Norris of Flashers!

He'll need to be.

#10410 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Gotta admit, TNA was fun. Sparse pf but enjoyed it.

Exactly. I still have it, still love it. Great example!

#10411 3 years ago

Looks like there is about to be an eruption in the rumour mill.
What a legend. Id play it.

Screenshot_20201007-080232_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201007-080232_Facebook (resized).jpg
#10412 3 years ago

Stern won’t be able to beat JJPs GNR. I don’t think the penny pinching can produce a cool game like GNR. Next Stern will be another comic super hero. Yawn.

#10413 3 years ago

I think with the release of GnR a Led Zepplin pin may be pushed back and something non-Rock pushed forward.

#10414 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I think with the release of GnR a Led Zepplin pin may be pushed back and something non-Rock pushed forward.

LZ has to almost be done if not already if they were rolling it out within the next month or two as has been reported.

If it’s 75% of what GNR is and not a multi ball festival I will consider it a success. Doesn’t hurt that the music is better too!

#10415 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Looks like there is about to be an eruption in the rumour mill.
What a legend. Id play it.
[quoted image]

Van Halen pin,a tribute to Eddie the legend lives on.

#10416 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Side note, while we are discussing Sterns next pin (and rock themes). I hate to say it, but if either company gets to do Pink Floyd I would prefer JJP. And they can do Floyds Pulse and/or Delicate Sound of Thunder tours! That would be freaking awesome!!!

Maybe a combo pin with orange donald and pink floyd?
we all know what the pin theme would be.

#10417 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

#10418 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Stern won’t be able to beat JJPs GNR.

So how did it feel when you played GNR? Good feel? Awesome layout?

#10419 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If Waters has his way - maybe so. But I would hope they would just stick to the music and iconic Floyd imagery, lights, and sound.

If they put in any politics it would be a deal breaker for many, so I am sure Stern/JJP/whoever would steer clear of that. Probably doesn't matter as I think there is little chance we ever see a Pink Floyd pin anyway.

#10420 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a lost art, lol!

#10421 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Mostly everyone that’s played it so far says it’s amazing, then again pretty much everyone who’s played AIQ has said its amazing.

No idea why every reveal has to turn every thread into a Stern vs JJP shitfest!? Both games look amazing, I have a AIQLE on order and can’t wait but let’s get real JJP absolutely blew the roof off the pinball industry.

#10422 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No idea why every reveal has to turn every thread into a Stern vs JJP shitfest!? .

Because people are douchebags.

#10423 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because people are douchebags.

You ain’t wrong Law, honestly no need for the Stern vs JJP shit though, they both offer something for everyone, the hobby/industry hasn’t ever been this healthy and the quality of games is at an all time high, we should be a happy bunch of douchebags

#10424 3 years ago

Yep. No idea why people can't just say a game is great even if they don't like it. Admit it's just not for you and move on. Watch...it's easy:

GnR looks amazing. I hope the gameplay matches the look of the game. I'm not interested in the theme though, but I'm looking forward to playing it. I'm waiting on Zeppelin and hope it's as good...but I'll still be happy if it's not.

I'm a douchebag, but not the way TheLaw means it.

#10425 3 years ago

Because most people spend way too much money on these and feel like they have to justify the purchase to themselves, which involves articulating this crap to other people.

I only want to hear the opinion of wealthy people who don't even think of the prices and location players where every game is a dollar a go.

#10426 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep. No idea why people can't just say a game is great even if they don't like it. Admit it's just not for you and move on. Watch...it's easy:
GnR looks amazing. I hope the gameplay matches the look of the game. I'm not interested in the theme though, but I'm looking forward to playing it. I'm waiting on Zeppelin and hope it's as good...but I'll still be happy if it's not.
I'm a douchebag, but not the way thelaw means it.

I can. Don't like Avengers as a theme, don't like the music, don't like the display, don't like the story integration but I think it shoots wonderfully and you'll love the game if you're into rules or not actively dislike superhero themes like me.

#10427 3 years ago

What about updated AC/DC with new cabinet and playfield artwork with LCD treatment like JJP Guns n Roses?

#10428 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

What about updated AC/DC with new cabinet and playfield artwork with LCD treatment like JJP Guns n Roses?

Why keep wishing for rehashed themes? We already have a great AC/DC pinball. An LCD screen won't suddenly make a game the best of all time. Hell there are a lot of guys who still love their EMs and SS pins and aren't interested in having upgraded versions with LCD screens. Enjoy the game for what it is and stop wishing for a new "updated" game every few years when they knocked it out of the park only 8 years ago.

#10429 3 years ago

Competition is good. The bar has been set. I think this is a good thing overall. All of the various pinball companies will try to compete for dollars. You'll inevitably always have a few duds going forward & some of them will be home run jaw droppers. I just hope the themes I personally want which could very well be on the horizon become home run jaw droppers and not duds.

#10430 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Why keep wishing for rehashed themes? We already have a great AC/DC pinball. An LCD screen won't suddenly make a game the best of all time. Hell there are a lot of guys who still love their EMs and SS pins and aren't interested in having upgraded versions with LCD screens. Enjoy the game for what it is and stop wishing for a new "updated" game every few years when they knocked it out of the park only 8 years ago.

No reason to vault ACDC. I like the game, but adding updated art and a LCD will do nothing to improve it.

#10431 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Nah, boring layout. Five straight up and down shots, backhand everything, yawn. Doesn't cut it anymore.

#10432 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Giving AC/DC updated artwork and an LCD isn’t giving it the GnR treatment there’s more to that game than just nice art and great animations, Stern would outright embarrass themselves if they tried to vault AC/DC as a direct competitor to GnR.

And before anyone gets their Stern Army panties all twisted, I’m a big fan of Stern and love their games, check my collection for that one, but anyone that’s been in this hobby for some time whether they are Stern fanboys or not have to admit JJP blew the damn roof off the industry with GnR, was it all JJP doing? No way without Slash being so involved I doubt GnR would have turned out as good as it did, will they be able to top it with their next release? Doubt it but would love to see them do it!

What Stern need to do is, bring out a new pin and try to top what JJP just did, new game, new layout, new ideas, remind JJP that anything they can do Stern can do better.... well maybe not better but they can copy them and release a lot quicker

#10433 3 years ago

JJP GnR doesn’t do anything for me personally. I think the hot rails are ugly and the gameplay is a snoozer. I also think having to hit seven shots just to hear music on a music pin is a big mistake especially for on location. Looks really cool (minus hot rails) but looks don’t make good pinball.

#10434 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

JJP GnR doesn’t do anything for me personally. I think the hot rails are ugly and the gameplay is a snoozer. I also think having to hit seven shots just to hear music on a music pin is a big mistake especially for on location. Looks really cool (minus hot rails) but looks don’t make good pinball.

And that’s the beauty of this hobby with a few manufacturers now, something for everyone. I personally love the hot rails and I like the idea of qualifying to get into a song/track, never been a fan of the continual onslaught on music pins. Definitely excited to see Sterns next release and maybe response to GnR.

#10435 3 years ago

If Stern is doing a music pin next I’ll pass on that too. Unless it’s something interesting like a hip hop theme. Fine with me though pocket book is hurting this year anyway.

#10436 3 years ago

Could this hat on tonight’s stream be a sign?

B1DBD2A1-1556-4030-B8B0-0605B40CB58A (resized).jpegB1DBD2A1-1556-4030-B8B0-0605B40CB58A (resized).jpeg
#10437 3 years ago

Either a troll or a hint. KMan said December 2020 for Jaws but he also said it would be an Elwin. Doubt we would see two Keith games back to back.

#10438 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Could this hat on tonight’s stream be a sign?
[quoted image]

...yep: a sign they're NOT making JAWS! ...they keep punking us over and over again...

#10439 3 years ago

No jaws!! Hit jjp back with a knockout ZEPP!!

#10440 3 years ago

Jaws would be great though

#10441 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Jaws would be great though

Jaws eating LZ pinball

#10442 3 years ago

LZ will not do as well as GnR regardless of what the game is like. Zeppelin is a great band but the music isn’t as fit for pinball not to mention a generation older. I’d be happy for you guys who want it if it got made but it won’t be a huge success. Just facts.

#10443 3 years ago

As for the Jaws hat I hope that isn’t a troll. Trolling your die hard pinheads doesn’t make much sense from marketing perspective.

#10444 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Which is what killed the Hobbit. Looks beautiful, built like a tank...but a snooze fest to play...no satisfying shots. I hope GNR is different, I really do!

#10445 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Personal opinion. I owned AC/DC and would own it again. 8 years is a long time and it's also red dots. Stern are big enough to vault old games and update them to LCD. Spiderman got vaulted as a whole new game and now Stern are in the LCD era, so it's inevitable that this very thing will happen to an old game at some stage.

#10446 3 years ago

This might be 67Th time I have said this but I would love me a JAWS pin!!

#10447 3 years ago

Me some Queen pin....

#10448 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No idea why every reveal has to turn every thread into a Stern vs JJP shitfest!?

For the same reason children fight over Xbox vs PlayStation. People are tribal, and they clan up to justify their choices.

Personally I couldn't care less. You might as well fight over wearing Nike or Adidas, it's ridiculous and silly. Who cares which tshirt you have on or which flag you wave.

But at the end of the day if you can't afford to buy both consoles or both pins or both brands you want to make yourself feel better about the one you picked so you put the other one down. Hate to make it about money, this hobby shouldn't be just for rich people, but I don't think you can avoid that reality. The ones who can afford both tend to not get into the childish pissing matches as much.

If you're blessed enough to be able to afford any of these expensive toys then I say enjoy them, be grateful for what you have in this time when so many don't, and try and be a little more gracious.

#10449 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

LZ will not do as well as GnR regardless of what the game is like. Zeppelin is a great band but the music isn’t as fit for pinball not to mention a generation older. I’d be happy for you guys who want it if it got made but it won’t be a huge success. Just facts.

Who gives a shit as long as an LE winds up in my basement? I'm the king of buying games most people seem to dislike. Problem is (for others, at least) they're all great games.

#10450 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Who gives a shit as long as an LE winds up in my basement? I'm the king of buying games most people seem to dislike. Problem is (for others, at least) they're all great games.

Ain't nothing wrong with having GOT and TRON in your collection - my next pin will probably be Stranger Things, another game you have!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/209?hl=napoleon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.