vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 941.
#10351 3 years ago

John Wick would be an awesome modern franchise to do a pin around. It's a generic enough storyline to build a game around, but with plenty of visual style. I'd love to see a game with a predominate purple/pink color palette. Not sure what the LCD screen would look like though. Clips from the movie are probably expensive, but they could just get away with only having Keanu Reeves likeness in the art. It could also have a bumping soundtrack.

Now that I typed this, I feel like I sorta described TNA with a license.

#10352 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stern themes have to sell thousands worldwide. Modestly successful American TV show canceled seven years ago? Good luck with that. I dunno if Futurama will ascend to "nostalgia" status.
That said, Futurama is in the top 10% of viability in this batshit crazy thread.

Pearl Jam would sell world wide. They are one of few bands still world touring and selling out every venue. Its a pipe dream but I would love it.

Others I personally would like : Braveheart, BTTF, Goonies, JAws, Pulp Fiction, Scarface, National Lampoons, Smokey in the Bandit.

Honestly the new game AIQ is really fun. Can't wait to play it more and find a premium AIQ to play.

#10353 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

3. The Mandalorian

Yeah on that one!

#10354 3 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Pearl Jam would sell world wide. They are one of few bands still world touring and selling out every venue.

They're also super boring with regard to all the non-music factors that need to translate to a fun game.

#10355 3 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

5. Planet of the Apes ... based on the classic, preferably

There's enough material for a few versions, but, yeah, the original one!

#10356 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stern themes have to sell thousands worldwide. Modestly successful American TV show canceled seven years ago? Good luck with that. I dunno if Futurama will ascend to "nostalgia" status.
That said, Futurama is in the top 10% of viability in this batshit crazy thread.

How about you, what's in your list if you could get anything made? Batshit crazy for sure, but not a lot of people would have said Avengers, so..

#10357 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

How about you, what's in your list if you could get anything made?

Don't really care, I'm not a theme buyer. Just here to kill time & poke holes in some these no-brainer, slam dunk licenses.

#10358 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

...batshit crazy for sure, but not a lot of people would have said Avengers, so..

Yeah as Yancy said not being a theme where has its advantages. Idsa of another Avengers game meant nothing to me, I played it and started making plans.

#10359 3 years ago

Who's up as far as lead designer and programmer?

#10360 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Ritchie hasn't had anything in like 16 months. He seems up to bat. Presumably Tim Sexton as lead coder

Been a while since a Gomez game, but he seems pretty busy and mostly seems to come in to get games to the finish line (ie the Trudeau stuff and I think he mentioned the initial KaPow design of some games weren't up to snuff)

#10361 3 years ago

How about Mystery Science Theater 3000.

0F62B688-45F8-430D-956B-3A401845D819 (resized).jpeg0F62B688-45F8-430D-956B-3A401845D819 (resized).jpeg
#10362 3 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I am thinking Lyman and Ritchie. I have no idea.. just a guess

#10363 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How about Mystery Science Theater 3000. [quoted image]

Re-skin of EHOH?

#10364 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am thinking Lyman and Ritchie. I have no idea.. just a guess

I believe the rumor is that Lyman and Ritchie will not work together anymore.

#10365 3 years ago

The muppet show
80s transformers
Knightbrider
A team
He man

#10366 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Re-skin of EHOH?

That would work. I think the call outs and animations would be hilarious.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10367 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Yes on #5.
I drink Bundeberg Ginger Beer. Is that from your town/city?

It is from my city and is my favourite non alcoholic drink! If you get a chance, try some of the other drinks they make too. (I don't know if they are exported overseas as much as the ginger beer is.)

#10368 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

The muppet show
80s transformers
Knightbrider
A team
He man

Knightbrider? Is that a different version with a guy running around in a Trans-Am, marrying people?? Lol

#10369 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

It is from my city and is my favourite non alcoholic drink! If you get a chance, try some of the other drinks they make too. (I don't know if they are exported overseas as much as the ginger beer is.)

Thanks for the tip.....this store is a few miles away and has lots of choices..

https://www.worldmarket.com/search.do?query=bunderberg

How are the prices? lol.

#10370 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Why is this?

#10371 3 years ago

First rule of Fight Club...

#10372 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

That is a loss for the hobby if true.

#10373 3 years ago

I don’t know why if it is true but it has been talked about for several years, and I don’t think they have worked together since ACDC. Perhaps they had some disagreements with that game?

Quoted from Expletive:

The rumor is that Ritchie and Lyman will not work together anymore.

#10374 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

a guy running around in a Trans-Am, marrying people??

Hang on, im sure theres a Netflix show like that.

#10375 3 years ago

Ooh, are we coming up with ideas for upcoming Stern pinball titles just for giggles? I don't think that anything that I personally like is very popular, so I am going to go with more practical guesses - mostly sticking to Stern's bread and butter of male oriented nostalgic properties, blockbuster movies, and old rock and roll artists.

1. ET - a nostalgic blockbuster movie that I am surprised hasn't gotten the pinball treatment yet.
2. Pokemon / Mario - you know, at this point, I assume that there are extenuating circumstances to why no one has made a modern pinball with either of these franchises.
3. Tesla - weird, I know, but car-brand pinball games aren't unheard of, and Tesla fanatics tend to have a lot of disposable income as well as a high brand devotion.
4. Saw - This is the economic pick. The Saw franchise is kind of trashy, so I expect that the license would be super cheap to pick up, and all of the death traps could inspire some great playfield toys.
5. Dr Seuss - I don't think I need to elaborate on this pick. It would obviously be based exclusively on the celebrated live action adaptations like that one that features Mike Myers in a creepy cat costume.

#10376 3 years ago

Ok Stern we have now seen JJP’s GNR, when will we see Led Zepp? I need to decide!

#10377 3 years ago

If you like paying a premium price for a stripped down game GnR is for you!

#10378 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I prefer a LZ machine if it’s coming.

#10379 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I prefer a LZ machine if it’s coming.

Agreed, but LZ’s design still needs to be a home run.

#10380 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Agreed, but LZ’s design still needs to be a home run.

I like Steve Ritchie, so for me that is a given.

(Excluding Star Wars)

Edit: Pro!

#10381 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I like Steve Ritchie, so for me that is a given.
(Excluding Star Wars)

That is what I am worried about. A good flow shooter that has no personality would be a disappointment when you compare to the games some other designers are putting out recently.

I need to see some interesting mechs.

#10382 3 years ago

SW is awesome imo

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10383 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I need to see some interesting mechs.

Ok, the troll part of me want's to say: Enjoy your GnR!

But I actually like the clever Black Knight toy, the Star Trek Bash Toy is awesome with it's target+magnet+backkicker and the AcDC Bell is supposed to be very satisfying.

So yeah, I guess it'll have something neat - if it's not exclusive to the Premium/ LE.

#10384 3 years ago

I love my Stern music pins but the detail and thought that have gone into GnR is incredible.

I can't imagine another music pin being as good.

The immersion factor is going to be crazy.

#10385 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I love my Stern music pins but the detail and thought that have gone into GnR is incredible.
I can't imagine another music pin being as good.
The immersion factor is going to be crazy.

Yeah the GNR looks good, hopefully Stern brings it with LZ and soon, steal some of that thunder.

#10386 3 years ago

GnR looks amazing, but I have no interest. Still waiting on Zep. Love Zeppelin, love Steve Ritchie's games. Here's the secret most of Pinside hasn't seemed to figure out yet: You don't have to jam a game full of crap to make it a better game. One of the best games ever is AFM...one of the most stripped down games ever. There's so much more than toys that make you want to play a game over and over.

I just love how people here buy into the hype when a game is jam-packed with stuff...then watch gameplay videos and cool off. The opposite is true: Spare-looking games come out, get destroyed on this site, then grow on people once they've played it a few times.

So I'm fine with Zeppelin not being as feature packed as GnR...as long as it's just as fun--or better!

#10387 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Give me John Wick with a layout and gameplay style like Ironman on steroids and I’d be down for that!
BTTF and Bond are the big ones for me though not much else I could see myself buying now theme wise, Elwin is the problem moving forward with his kickass layouts!
Slightly off topic but I would love to see Spooky get a couple of big licences, would love to show those guys some support, SAW would be right up their alley and could be mechs galore!! Or give me Dredd awesome film would translate to pinball perfectly.

If Elwin does the Bond machine, I'm in.

#10388 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

GnR looks amazing, but I have no interest. Still waiting on Zep. Love Zeppelin, love Steve Ritchie's games. Here's the secret most of Pinside hasn't seemed to figure out yet: You don't have to jam a game full of crap to make it a better game. One of the best games ever is AFM...one of the most stripped down games ever. There's so much more than toys that make you want to play a game over and over.
I just love how people here buy into the hype when a game is jam-packed with stuff...then watch gameplay videos and cool off. The opposite is true: Spare-looking games come out, get destroyed on this site, then grow on people once they've played it a few times.
So I'm fine with Zeppelin not being as feature packed as GnR...as long as it's just as fun--or better!

Yes.

Still AFM is the best game, as Albert Einstein said “Everything should be as simple as possible, but no simpler.”

#10389 3 years ago

After seeing JJP GnR, I'm now hoping for a Stern Motley Crue. What happened to that rumour?

#10390 3 years ago

I think it would be great to make a very accepting pin. How about the Queer Eye guys. Basically, you would have to collect all 7 dudes to start Makeover Multiball. During the multiball, they take you to get a new wardrobe, hair, mani/pedi, etc, and you come out with a new look and new confidence and 7 new friends.

#10391 3 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

I think it would be great to make a very accepting pin. How about the Queer Eye guys. Basically, you would have to collect all 7 dudes to start Makeover Multiball. During the multiball, they take you to get a new wardrobe, hair, mani/pedi, etc, and you come out with a new look and new confidence and 7 new friends.

Love me some Queer Eye but that sounds like a terrible pinball theme. There’s no crying or personal growth in pinball!!!

#10392 3 years ago

Now JJP's done GNR, time for Stern to please NOT do a Rock theme in response (they probably won't be able to help themselves I'm sure though). I hope they once and for all do an epic classic film theme as in JAWS as has been said many times already..

#10393 3 years ago

These games are scheduled way out. If a rock pin is next it’s because it was scheduled a year or so ago. Keith is rumored to already be done with his next game and AIQ just came out.

#10394 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Here's the secret most of Pinside hasn't seemed to figure out yet: You don't have to jam a game full of crap to make it a better game. One of the best games ever is AFM...one of the most stripped down games ever. There's so much more than toys that make you want to play a game over and over.

Amen..the new GnR looks so cluttered, like the ball doesn't have a lot of visibility or options. When I look at AIQ playfield I go damn, now there's a machine designed for shots and flow.

#10395 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

What the hell are you talking about?Did we see the same SDTM intro video,I guess you can say the SE is stripped down compared to the LE and CE but not compared to most Sterns

#10396 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell are you talking about?Did we see the same SDTM intro video,I guess you can say the SE is stripped down compared to the LE and CE but not compared to most Sterns

Yes I’m talking about the SE and yes I’m saying that it as just as stripped down as a Stern Pro and has a worse price point.

#10397 3 years ago

Over at Stern I imagine they watch GnRs lightshow at the moment, looking over Led Zeppelin.

Then Dwight storms inside yelling, „let me trough, I can save this“, and getting allowed to do the lightshow of his life!

#10398 3 years ago

Please no rave light show on the next stern

#10399 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please no rave light show on the next stern

Surprised Stern hasn't made their own pinstadiums addon yet

#10400 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Over at Stern I imagine they watch GnRs lightshow at the moment, looking over Led Zeppelin.
Then Dwight storms inside yelling, „let me trough, I can save this“, and getting allowed to do the lightshow of his life!

It will take more than code to beat the JJP GnR light show - it's going to take a shit ton more LEDs. Hell JJP even created new lighting systems to bring the stage into the pin - a mini replica of THE GnR rock stage - complete with moving spotlights. Not sure Stern will be able to match it with Zep (but I sure would like to see them try).

I prefer Led Zeppelin music to GnR, but I can listen to LZ on my Klipsch speakers and play a pin with amazeballs code with 10/10 GnR theme integration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Forest, IL
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/208 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.