Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 935.
#10151 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly?
Cornerstone: 3 „Mass Market“ main games a year -> Pro/ Premium/ LE
B66, Beatles and Elvira have no Pro and and only the Sky is the limit for pricing... but they do a Premium, so that‘s ok.

Pretty good explanation, though Elvira isn't Kapow. I believe "Studio" is the term they are using for non cornerstone games that are full featured, coin-op games. Kapow are considered Studio games.

#10152 3 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

OK.. what's the diff between a Kapow and Cornerstone title?

$$$$$$$$

#10153 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Pretty good explanation, though Elvira isn't Kapow. I believe "Studio" is the term they are using for non cornerstone games that are full featured, coin-op games. Kapow are considered Studio games.

Yes, I forgot the term.

I like the idea of the studio games.
To me Elvira feels much more like a Williams then a Stern, since they seem to have had more freedom (less monetary restrictions for toys).

#10154 3 years ago

Potential Kapow titles,BTTF and Bond, would be two themes that I could allow and enjoy in my game room.

#10155 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes, I forgot the term.
I like the idea of the studio games.
To me Elvira feels much more like a Williams then a Stern, since they seem to have had more freedom (less monetary restrictions for toys).

I like it as well. Elvira is interesting as I understand it was Dennis's design but basically as an independent contractor rather than a full time Stern employee. I would guess that would change things in terms of schedules and budgets pretty dramatically. It also impacts pricing as there is not a pro model available and I believe even the premium pricing was a bit above cornerstone premium (at least based on MSRP).

#10156 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Potential Kapow titles,BTTF and Bond, would be two themes that I could allow and enjoy in my game room.

Bond all the way.

#10157 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My wallet will need a break and Ritchie helps make that easier these days. Love LZ but not overly excited to play another variation of a standard Ritchie design.

Tough but fair.

#10158 3 years ago

—————

#10159 3 years ago

Ok, so I suggested a Futurama pin which I hope is done by someone who can do it right BUT what about a Flintstones Pinball based on the classic cartoon not the Live action movie. It’s an opportunity to use some bright colors and the new lcd screens. Licensing can’t cost as much as Deadpool, Jurassic Park or Infinity Wars themes. They could stand to make a nice profit.

#10160 3 years ago

"The Boys" can be a good theme.

94885 (resized).jpg94885 (resized).jpg
#10161 3 years ago

Futurama isn’t unlikely to ever be made but if it were, I would buy that shit so fast

Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Ok, so I suggested a Futurama pin which I hope is done by someone who can do it right BUT what about a Flintstones Pinball based on the classic cartoon not the Live action movie. It’s an opportunity to use some bright colors and the new lcd screens. Licensing can’t cost as much as Deadpool, Jurassic Park or Infinity Wars themes. They could stand to make a nice profit.

#10162 3 years ago

Are the BTTF rumors here actual rumors, or just wishes that have turned into rumors? My savings plan would like to know.

#10163 3 years ago

Posted on Stern's FB page:

"This massive shark is ready to rescue or destroy anything in its way. Artist Zombie Yeti brings this art to life! Our shark is exclusive to Stern and he really doesn't bite...just ask the skeleton."

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10164 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Are the BTTF rumors here actual rumors, or just wishes that have turned into rumors? My savings plan would like to know.

I think they are just wishes!

#10165 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Completely made up....fan fiction.

#10166 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

"This massive shark is ready to rescue or destroy anything in its way. Artist Zombie Yeti brings this art to life! Our shark is exclusive to Stern and he really doesn't bite...just ask the skeleton."[quoted image]

Interesting development!

#10167 3 years ago

I’m guessing that would mean no Jaws but a pin called “shark week” or something like that

#10168 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m guessing that would mean no Jaws but a pin called “shark week” or something like that

... so "Jaws"... that’s a go?

#10169 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah definitely.

#10170 3 years ago

Simpsons III or remake

#10171 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sharknado

#10172 3 years ago

SharkNado Would be Hilarious.

#10173 3 years ago

When is LZ happening, Still on track to be next?

#10174 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When is LZ happening, Still on track to be next?

I thought it was Queen ,but there you go my sources must have been wrong

#10175 3 years ago

So people are predicting two more games this year? Holy moly! Extremely interested in the next Lyman game which people think has something to do with Kapow? And either Bond or BTTF(well wishing)?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10176 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

So people are predicting two more games this year? Holy moly! Extremely interested in the next Lyman game which people think has something to do with Kapow? And either Bond or BTTF(well wishing)?

I think the consensus has been that Stern will announce Led Zeppelin around the end of the year or beginning of next year.

I wonder if Stern will apply the ideas of their patent on user insertable music in LZ.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/10463950

#10177 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

So people are predicting two more games this year?

Who is?

Next cornerstone will be Led Zeppelin and that'd be it regarding cornerstone titles.

Of course they may release another Ka-Pow/ Studio game, but I don't know how strict their time table is.

On one Hand they say they're still fulfilling backlog orders, on the other Hand Avengers2 released way early compared to TMNT2.
I'd say they released Avengers2 "as planned" to get back to their planned schedule, it was just that TMNT was late.

#10178 3 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

I thought it was Queen ,but there you go my sources must have been wrong

It is. Queen will be it!

#10179 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It is. Queen will be it!

If this is another word for Led Zeppelin, it will.

LZ is pretty much confirmed (through mnpinball).

#10180 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It is. Queen will be it!

Only music pin I would be in on would be if it's Borg on Welk.

#10181 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Next KME will be Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass.

#10182 3 years ago

I love this thread because it’s never ending speculation. Much better than the never ending shit talking threads. I will say I don’t think many had Avengers being next up on their bingo card. Stern is getting better a keeping tight lips. Used to believe Keneda’s podcast but now I see he’s just guessing like the rest of us. Guessing game is half the fun!

#10183 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The other one Borg is working on Buddy Holly pinball. “That’ll be the day” When Borg releases the machine!

#10184 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Who is?
Next cornerstone will be Led Zeppelin and that'd be it regarding cornerstone titles.
Of course they may release another Ka-Pow/ Studio game, but I don't know how strict their time table is.
On one Hand they say they're still fulfilling backlog orders, on the other Hand Avengers2 released way early compared to TMNT2.
I'd say they released Avengers2 "as planned" to get back to their planned schedule, it was just that TMNT was late.

They released Avengers when they were supposed to as per the Marvel contract. All of the new avengers products were realised at the same time. Stern wouldn't have had a choice.

#10185 3 years ago

would like to see Guns N Roses. since Jersey Jack has been Jacking around getting it out

#10186 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

They released Avengers when they were supposed to as per the Marvel contract. All of the new avengers products were realised at the same time. Stern wouldn't have had a choice.

Actually, Elwin confirmed on Super Awesome Pinball Podcast (or whatever its called) that Stern's release date had nothing to do with the release date of the other Avengers products released recently. Pure coincidence.

#10187 3 years ago

I'd like to see a David Bowie - Major Tom, but that's just me!

We sure read a lot of posts about Led Zeppelin and Queen!! But why one group = one game, they could do several music groups on one cornerstone game.. different songs and artwork whether you're looking at a PRO, Premium or LE..

#10188 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'd like to see a David Bowie - Major Tom, but that's just me!
We sure read a lot of posts about Led Zeppelin and Queen!! But why one group = one game, they could do several music groups on one cornerstone game.. different songs and artwork whether you're looking at a PRO, Premium or LE..

Because they sell more pins.

They could have done this long ago if they wanted on music pins.

#10189 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I love this thread because it’s never ending speculation. Much better than the never ending shit talking threads. I will say I don’t think many had Avengers being next up on their bingo card. Stern is getting better a keeping tight lips. Used to believe Keneda’s podcast but now I see he’s just guessing like the rest of us. Guessing game is half the fun!

I think the days of Kaneda or over. Cary Hardy is feeding his fans and doing a good job.

#10190 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The other one Borg is working on Buddy Holly pinball. “That’ll be the day” When Borg releases the machine!

I don't think they have the license for that.

Holding out for Lawrence Welk. It might be the first time I'm in on a topper. Bubble machine ...

I might even be in on an LE for Welk.

#10191 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Holding out for Lawrence Welk. It might be the first time I'm in on a topper. Bubble machine ...

Is there an echo from 10 posts ago?

#10192 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

when the ball drains..... the goodnight song. lol

#10193 3 years ago

I have it on good authority that the next Stern release will be a music pinball. It is the long awaited Leo Sayer "Dancing the Night Away."

#10194 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I have it on good authority that the next Stern release will be a music pinball. It is the long awaited Leo Sayer "Dancing the Night Away."

And I was hoping for Tony Orlando & Dawn, with "Knock 3 Times on The Ceiling" multi-ball, and "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" hurry-up.

#10195 3 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

I think the days of Kaneda or over. Cary Hardy is feeding his fans and doing a good job.

I dunno. Love Cary’s YT vids but damned if Special K isn’t entertaining AF on my drive to work.

#10196 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

But why one group = one game, they could do several music groups on one cornerstone game.. different songs and artwork whether you're looking at a PRO, Premium or LE..

That's a great idea if you have $20k lying around to buy one. Licensing ain't cheap. And good luck getting approval from all the bands. Who gets top billing?

#10197 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno. Love Cary’s YT vids but damned if Special K isn’t entertaining AF on my drive to work.

I agree K-man makes things interesting for sure.

Without kaneda around It would kind of be like a Batman movie with no villains.

#10198 3 years ago

Back on topic, C’Mon JAWS.

#10199 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

when the ball drains..... the goodnight song. lol

The plan is to use the Goodnight Song for end of game.

#10200 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

"This massive shark is ready to rescue or destroy anything in its way. Artist Zombie Yeti brings this art to life! Our shark is exclusive to Stern and he really doesn't bite...just ask the skeleton."[quoted image]

Sterns already used this tease. They need to step up or shut up. No more Jaws ‘teasing’.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 46,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/204?hl=majordrainer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.