New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 163185)

**The Next Stern Pin**

By frankmac

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10,664 posts
  • 1,079 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Peanuts
  • Topic is favorited by 202 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TMNT for you?”

• yes 56 votes
    43%
  • no 74 votes
    57%

(130 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,104 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Munchkin_game_cover (resized).jpg
C943A73F-70F8-4021-878C-F74EACD2D67A (resized).jpeg
EB35CB5A-E65D-4104-9AEB-032F09246CF8 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
27D93EAB-8A1E-44D3-8D45-644545F670FC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
2325A708-B141-45A1-94DA-E9FB550B7018 (resized).jpeg
EF1B04FC-3576-4F73-B0CC-9BA6D9AAA349.jpeg
0014133103_10 (resized).jpg
kol-1-600x413 (resized).png
43879EFD-A392-4D41-A123-BB9D9D44C509 (resized).jpeg
0B1BE9A1-AE23-46A1-96EE-610D00AA40DB (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20201009-194918_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20201010-151805_YouTube (resized).jpg
Jabberjaw (resized).png
B1DBD2A1-1556-4030-B8B0-0605B40CB58A (resized).jpeg

There are 10664 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 214.
#10151 39 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Srsly?
Cornerstone: 3 „Mass Market“ main games a year -> Pro/ Premium/ LE
B66, Beatles and Elvira have no Pro and and only the Sky is the limit for pricing... but they do a Premium, so that‘s ok.

Pretty good explanation, though Elvira isn't Kapow. I believe "Studio" is the term they are using for non cornerstone games that are full featured, coin-op games. Kapow are considered Studio games.

#10152 39 days ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

OK.. what's the diff between a Kapow and Cornerstone title?

$$$$$$$$

#10153 39 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Pretty good explanation, though Elvira isn't Kapow. I believe "Studio" is the term they are using for non cornerstone games that are full featured, coin-op games. Kapow are considered Studio games.

Yes, I forgot the term.

I like the idea of the studio games.
To me Elvira feels much more like a Williams then a Stern, since they seem to have had more freedom (less monetary restrictions for toys).

#10154 39 days ago

Potential Kapow titles,BTTF and Bond, would be two themes that I could allow and enjoy in my game room.

#10155 39 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes, I forgot the term.
I like the idea of the studio games.
To me Elvira feels much more like a Williams then a Stern, since they seem to have had more freedom (less monetary restrictions for toys).

I like it as well. Elvira is interesting as I understand it was Dennis's design but basically as an independent contractor rather than a full time Stern employee. I would guess that would change things in terms of schedules and budgets pretty dramatically. It also impacts pricing as there is not a pro model available and I believe even the premium pricing was a bit above cornerstone premium (at least based on MSRP).

#10156 39 days ago
Quoted from Budman:

Potential Kapow titles,BTTF and Bond, would be two themes that I could allow and enjoy in my game room.

Bond all the way.

#10157 39 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

My wallet will need a break and Ritchie helps make that easier these days. Love LZ but not overly excited to play another variation of a standard Ritchie design.

Tough but fair.

#10158 38 days ago

—————

#10159 36 days ago

Ok, so I suggested a Futurama pin which I hope is done by someone who can do it right BUT what about a Flintstones Pinball based on the classic cartoon not the Live action movie. It’s an opportunity to use some bright colors and the new lcd screens. Licensing can’t cost as much as Deadpool, Jurassic Park or Infinity Wars themes. They could stand to make a nice profit.

#10160 36 days ago

"The Boys" can be a good theme.

94885 (resized).jpg
#10161 36 days ago

Futurama isn’t unlikely to ever be made but if it were, I would buy that shit so fast

Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Ok, so I suggested a Futurama pin which I hope is done by someone who can do it right BUT what about a Flintstones Pinball based on the classic cartoon not the Live action movie. It’s an opportunity to use some bright colors and the new lcd screens. Licensing can’t cost as much as Deadpool, Jurassic Park or Infinity Wars themes. They could stand to make a nice profit.

#10162 36 days ago

Are the BTTF rumors here actual rumors, or just wishes that have turned into rumors? My savings plan would like to know.

#10163 36 days ago

Posted on Stern's FB page:

"This massive shark is ready to rescue or destroy anything in its way. Artist Zombie Yeti brings this art to life! Our shark is exclusive to Stern and he really doesn't bite...just ask the skeleton."

pasted_image (resized).png
#10164 36 days ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Are the BTTF rumors here actual rumors, or just wishes that have turned into rumors? My savings plan would like to know.

I think they are just wishes!

#10165 36 days ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Completely made up....fan fiction.

#10166 36 days ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

"This massive shark is ready to rescue or destroy anything in its way. Artist Zombie Yeti brings this art to life! Our shark is exclusive to Stern and he really doesn't bite...just ask the skeleton."[quoted image]

Interesting development!

#10167 36 days ago

I’m guessing that would mean no Jaws but a pin called “shark week” or something like that

#10168 36 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m guessing that would mean no Jaws but a pin called “shark week” or something like that

... so "Jaws"... that’s a go?

#10169 36 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah definitely.

#10171 36 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sharknado

#10172 35 days ago

SharkNado Would be Hilarious.

#10173 35 days ago

When is LZ happening, Still on track to be next?

#10174 35 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When is LZ happening, Still on track to be next?

I thought it was Queen ,but there you go my sources must have been wrong

#10175 34 days ago

So people are predicting two more games this year? Holy moly! Extremely interested in the next Lyman game which people think has something to do with Kapow? And either Bond or BTTF(well wishing)?

#10176 34 days ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

So people are predicting two more games this year? Holy moly! Extremely interested in the next Lyman game which people think has something to do with Kapow? And either Bond or BTTF(well wishing)?

I think the consensus has been that Stern will announce Led Zeppelin around the end of the year or beginning of next year.

I wonder if Stern will apply the ideas of their patent on user insertable music in LZ.

https://patents.justia.com/patent/10463950

#10177 34 days ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

So people are predicting two more games this year?

Who is?

Next cornerstone will be Led Zeppelin and that'd be it regarding cornerstone titles.

Of course they may release another Ka-Pow/ Studio game, but I don't know how strict their time table is.

On one Hand they say they're still fulfilling backlog orders, on the other Hand Avengers2 released way early compared to TMNT2.
I'd say they released Avengers2 "as planned" to get back to their planned schedule, it was just that TMNT was late.

#10178 34 days ago
Quoted from Dicky:

I thought it was Queen ,but there you go my sources must have been wrong

It is. Queen will be it!

#10179 34 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It is. Queen will be it!

If this is another word for Led Zeppelin, it will.

LZ is pretty much confirmed (through mnpinball).

#10180 34 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It is. Queen will be it!

Only music pin I would be in on would be if it's Borg on Welk.

#10181 34 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Next KME will be Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass.

#10182 34 days ago

I love this thread because it’s never ending speculation. Much better than the never ending shit talking threads. I will say I don’t think many had Avengers being next up on their bingo card. Stern is getting better a keeping tight lips. Used to believe Keneda’s podcast but now I see he’s just guessing like the rest of us. Guessing game is half the fun!

#10183 34 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

The other one Borg is working on Buddy Holly pinball. “That’ll be the day” When Borg releases the machine!

#10184 34 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Who is?
Next cornerstone will be Led Zeppelin and that'd be it regarding cornerstone titles.
Of course they may release another Ka-Pow/ Studio game, but I don't know how strict their time table is.
On one Hand they say they're still fulfilling backlog orders, on the other Hand Avengers2 released way early compared to TMNT2.
I'd say they released Avengers2 "as planned" to get back to their planned schedule, it was just that TMNT was late.

They released Avengers when they were supposed to as per the Marvel contract. All of the new avengers products were realised at the same time. Stern wouldn't have had a choice.

#10185 34 days ago

would like to see Guns N Roses. since Jersey Jack has been Jacking around getting it out

#10186 34 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

They released Avengers when they were supposed to as per the Marvel contract. All of the new avengers products were realised at the same time. Stern wouldn't have had a choice.

Actually, Elwin confirmed on Super Awesome Pinball Podcast (or whatever its called) that Stern's release date had nothing to do with the release date of the other Avengers products released recently. Pure coincidence.

#10187 34 days ago

I'd like to see a David Bowie - Major Tom, but that's just me!

We sure read a lot of posts about Led Zeppelin and Queen!! But why one group = one game, they could do several music groups on one cornerstone game.. different songs and artwork whether you're looking at a PRO, Premium or LE..

#10188 34 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'd like to see a David Bowie - Major Tom, but that's just me!
We sure read a lot of posts about Led Zeppelin and Queen!! But why one group = one game, they could do several music groups on one cornerstone game.. different songs and artwork whether you're looking at a PRO, Premium or LE..

Because they sell more pins.

They could have done this long ago if they wanted on music pins.

#10189 34 days ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I love this thread because it’s never ending speculation. Much better than the never ending shit talking threads. I will say I don’t think many had Avengers being next up on their bingo card. Stern is getting better a keeping tight lips. Used to believe Keneda’s podcast but now I see he’s just guessing like the rest of us. Guessing game is half the fun!

I think the days of Kaneda or over. Cary Hardy is feeding his fans and doing a good job.

#10190 34 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

The other one Borg is working on Buddy Holly pinball. “That’ll be the day” When Borg releases the machine!

I don't think they have the license for that.

Holding out for Lawrence Welk. It might be the first time I'm in on a topper. Bubble machine ...

I might even be in on an LE for Welk.

#10191 34 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Holding out for Lawrence Welk. It might be the first time I'm in on a topper. Bubble machine ...

Is there an echo from 10 posts ago?

#10192 34 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

when the ball drains..... the goodnight song. lol

#10193 34 days ago

I have it on good authority that the next Stern release will be a music pinball. It is the long awaited Leo Sayer "Dancing the Night Away."

#10194 34 days ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

I have it on good authority that the next Stern release will be a music pinball. It is the long awaited Leo Sayer "Dancing the Night Away."

And I was hoping for Tony Orlando & Dawn, with "Knock 3 Times on The Ceiling" multi-ball, and "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" hurry-up.

#10195 34 days ago
Quoted from Airball:

I think the days of Kaneda or over. Cary Hardy is feeding his fans and doing a good job.

I dunno. Love Cary’s YT vids but damned if Special K isn’t entertaining AF on my drive to work.

#10196 34 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

But why one group = one game, they could do several music groups on one cornerstone game.. different songs and artwork whether you're looking at a PRO, Premium or LE..

That's a great idea if you have $20k lying around to buy one. Licensing ain't cheap. And good luck getting approval from all the bands. Who gets top billing?

#10197 34 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno. Love Cary’s YT vids but damned if Special K isn’t entertaining AF on my drive to work.

I agree K-man makes things interesting for sure.

Without kaneda around It would kind of be like a Batman movie with no villains.

#10198 34 days ago

Back on topic, C’Mon JAWS.

#10199 33 days ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

when the ball drains..... the goodnight song. lol

The plan is to use the Goodnight Song for end of game.

#10200 33 days ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

"This massive shark is ready to rescue or destroy anything in its way. Artist Zombie Yeti brings this art to life! Our shark is exclusive to Stern and he really doesn't bite...just ask the skeleton."[quoted image]

Sterns already used this tease. They need to step up or shut up. No more Jaws ‘teasing’.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Juneau, WI
$ 18.95
There are 10664 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 214.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside