Topic Stats

• 6,096 posts
  • 784 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 624 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

marco-12-2019-sale (resized).jpg
91A4A99F-878A-43EB-B508-9B95F1E87BB4 (resized).png
10E998FD-2E71-4A3D-BA66-4DB92FA1DDD6 (resized).jpeg
8374853E-D1AA-4E5E-8A90-71C0DB7C66DE (resized).jpeg
46D81076-0883-4EB2-B1C4-114A4323C698 (resized).png
sebknsxr4e831 (resized).jpg
51VGnkzRZaL._SX268_ (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191204-182457 (resized).jpg
booom (resized).jpg
Rick_Morty_Pinball (resized).png
Lordvoldemort (resized).jpg
443E4CC6-0C0B-49C8-9A35-1D63DA927C86 (resized).jpeg
3BC5BA40-8A30-4CA4-B0A1-B05661A1404F.png
Screenshot_20191204-172605_Google (resized).jpg
pbnchklt.jpg
Screenshot_20191203-174041_InShot (resized).jpg

There are 6096 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 122.
#951 2 years ago

Does anyone think GOTG will be playable at EXPO???

#952 2 years ago

GOTG without the soundtrack would be terrible, I mean the pin could still be fun of course but that's really part of the charm of those films

#953 2 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Clocks and MP3 players are consumer items not revenue generating commercial equipment. If they did this ascap and bmi would be all over locations where machines were set up.

I agree, that's why only for home use could you swap/add songs - this feature only for collectors. Imagine Metallica with randomly selected songs from the best 40 songs they have and GOTG with every song from the film.

This is doable and would satisfy collectors, lower cost of licensing and improve pins to be the best they could be.

#954 2 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

I agree, that's why only for home use could you swap/add songs - this feature only for collectors. Imagine Metallica with randomly selected songs from the best 40 songs they have and GOTG with every song from the film.
This is doable and would satisfy collectors, lower cost of licensing and improve pins to be the best they could be.

The point is Stern and other makers aren't going to do this. They need to spread the licensing or dev costs across as many machines as possible. Then the Distros have to track which machines they sell to homes and to commercial buyers. THen once they are in the wild it's a free for all. Would open them up to litigation.

If it's such a big deal for you, then hack it with Pinball browser like others do. Personally I don't want to mess with it, I'm usually fixing other areas of the game and don't want to add another dimension. Just give me the game and let me play.

#955 2 years ago

Clocks and MP3 players are consumer items not revenue generating commercial equipment. If they did this ascap and bmi would be all over locations where machines were set up.

I think it depends.

If a restaurant plays music in the background, even just a radio station, they still need to send a yearly check in to ascap & bmi to over the licensing costs.

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think it depends.
If a restaurant plays music in the background, even just a radio station, they still need to send a yearly check in to ascap & bmi to over the licensing costs.

It depends on what? You are correct they are supposed to pay if they play music, that's why many don't anymore. Now the model includes internet services that provide music and licensing. Doubt it is universal coverage for music not included in the service.

I'll say it again, why would a pinball manufacturer get in the middle of this issue (just to make a few home buyers happy)?

#957 2 years ago

So when will Stern announce the next one?

#958 2 years ago

If it's such a big deal for you, then hack it with Pinball browser like others do. Personally I don't want to mess with it

You have TWD and you don't use any of the PB cast/music mixes?

#959 2 years ago

I play my twd with original sounds... and I like it a lot.
The custom packages just don't feel solid enough for me (too much of a mix with custom stern callouts, show callouts, etc...)

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

So when will Stern announce the next one?

not before end oktober.

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You have TWD and you don't use any of the PB cast/music mixes?

Nope, and RandomKG is a buddy of mine.

Im not a modder. I have only installed a single mod in my entire collection: a bicycle girl light.

#962 2 years ago

Nope, and RandomKG is a buddy of mine.
Im not a modder. I have only installed a single mod in my entire collection: a bicycle girl light.

SMH, it takes 5 minutes, it's free, and the Redneck is history.You just dropped down a peg BK.

#963 2 years ago

I just watched GotG Vol 2 and loved it. They're great flicks with plenty of pin making material.

Back to the music, I think Looking Glass's Brandy You're a Fine Girl was so featured in the latest movie that it will likely be in the game. After all, Ego said that it was perhaps the greatest musical composition in Earth's history. . Maybe the game will have a Sailor mode.

Starlord's cassette players and music mixes were so much a part of the movies that it will be a huge ball drop if Stern doesn't include quite a bit of the music. In the latest movie, Rocket insisted on playing those music mixes for two battle scenes, the interdimensional monster and retaking Ravenger ship.

The more I think about it, Stern might just make GotG more like a band pin than a movie pin.

#964 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

SMH, it takes 5 minutes, it's free, and the Redneck is history.You just dropped down a peg BK.

It's not a matter of time, just no desire. There are 2 other TWD's in our league with the sound package, including RandomKG's, and I just don't need to do it.

#965 2 years ago

Whatever the theme and how fan I can be, I know I can be hugely disappointed.

I would love it is gotg but it needs to be confirmed and seen/played.

#966 2 years ago

If they do The Beatles, I'm in for the Walrus version.

LTG : )

#967 2 years ago

Would love to see a Beatles pin. Just a side note, beatlespinball.com domain has been filed... Makes me wonder.

#968 2 years ago

Eddie LE would look nice!

IMG_0125.JPG

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Would love to see a Beatles pin. Just a side note, beatlespinball.com domain has been filed... Makes me wonder.

Hmmmm!

#970 2 years ago

Ready Player One! no brainer!!

#971 2 years ago

If you think the licensing for the songs in GOTG would be tough, the licensing for Ready Player One would be an utter nightmare.

Everything in that book is a reference to something else.

Later,
EV

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Eddie LE would look nice!

Vic Rattlehead would look better

imt8xt (resized).jpg

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

If you think the licensing for the songs in GOTG would be tough, the licensing for Ready Player One would be an utter nightmare.
Everything in that book is a reference to something else.
Later,
EV

no way dude! if they only use short snippets then its complete legit! totes!

#974 2 years ago

Some more clues via Chris Franchi. This confirms the next game is a John Borg design with art by Franchi. I hope the rumors of a Guardians of the Galaxy theme are true. I guess we'll find out when its revealed at his Expo seminar in a month.

rps20170914_152122 (resized).jpg

#975 2 years ago

Biggest question who will be on code!? If Borg is now up next (must have been some changes made to the designer rotation) will it be a Lonnie / Borg combo? Would be awesome to learn Lyman is on GOTG as Elvira is a while off.

#976 2 years ago

Wasn't the Beatles rumored to be a Franchi design?

#977 2 years ago

I saw the rumour Beatles was Trudeau's next game, probably been a change or two in releases what with troubling news that broke regarding John.

#978 2 years ago

God I hope it's not the Beatles...just don't see their music working well with pinball at all. I really think Stern should lay off the music pins for awhile.

#979 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I don't use it either. Doesn't interest me in the slightest to change my twd to it. And I've heard it. Not everyone has to like it. I think the stock does just fine.

Same with gotg. What I get is what I get and I'm not going to mess with it. Just don't see the need or the point. It may be argued that it makes the experience better. Sorry but doesn't for me. This pinbrowser stuff to me is a waste of time and effort.

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Some more clues via Chris Franchi. This confirms the next game is a John Borg design with art by Franchi. I hope the rumors of a Guardians of the Galaxy theme are true. I guess we'll find out when its revealed at his Expo seminar in a month.

Been saying it for a while. Gotg franchi Borg. No need to wait. There are some units already built. Glad it's Borg too. Won't be a stripped down pro as much. His pros are always worthy.

#981 2 years ago

maiden is quite a ways off

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Been saying it for a while. Gotg franchi Borg. No need to wait. There are some units already built. Glad it's Borg too. Won't be a stripped down pro as much. His pros are always worthy.

Quoted from John1210:

maiden is quite a ways off

Since you seem to know what's what who's going code with Borg for GOTG?

#983 2 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

God I hope it's not the Beatles...just don't see their music working well with pinball at all. I really think Stern should lay off the music pins for awhile.

I think it would work great if using stylized psychedelic graphics - sort of in the vein of Beatles Rock Band.

That would be trippy. And the music would be kick-ass.

Also - maybe is dispenses drugs.

As far as Iron Maiden, I just don't get that license. It seems to me that has a very specific audience; teen boys in the 80's who loved the rad artwork and over the top Eddie posters. Well, guess what, we all grew up and, I assume, found better taste in music.

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Since you seem to know what's what who's going code with Borg for GOTG?

And any idea if any of the songs from movies will be in GOTG?

#985 2 years ago

This photo was online.. No way that is a Stern!

IMG_0129.JPG

#986 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This photo was online.. No way that is a Stern!

Its not. Those are for a retheme project in SA. I think it used 8 ball as the donor game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galxy-cabinets

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Its not. Those are for a retheme project in SA. I think it used 8 ball as the donor game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galxy-cabinets

Thanks!!

#988 2 years ago

First photo of GOTG's major mechanism leaked..

Untitled (resized).png

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

As far as Iron Maiden, I just don't get that license. It seems to me that has a very specific audience; teen boys in the 80's who loved the rad artwork and over the top Eddie posters. Well, guess what, we all grew up and, I assume, found better taste in music.

Nostalgia. There a plenty of adult fans of Iron Maiden, too.

#990 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Nostalgia. There a plenty of adult fans of Iron Maiden, too.

Well, yeah, I suppose there must be. I have to think there has been some market research conducted before committing to a license, but I knew plenty of fans in the 80's but not a single fan today.

#991 2 years ago

I'm not a fan of Iron Maiden in any way, but I'd deffinitely pump a few quarters in if I saw it on location. The Heavy Metal/ Monster Vibe is good enough to get a few credits from me. The beatles? not so much.

#992 2 years ago

100% sure it is GOTG.

#993 2 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

100% sure it is GOTG.

Source?

#995 2 years ago

If it is GOTG I just hope it looks at least as good as the ZEN pinball version. I want some vacuformed sci fi plastic panels on that playfield. not just flat plastic with printed elements. Kinda hope the 'star wars' mini screen shows up again here. it would work well.

#999 2 years ago

The zen guardians was fucking awful. I hope stern does better than that

#1000 2 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

If it is GOTG I just hope it looks at least as good as the ZEN pinball version. I want some vacuformed sci fi plastic panels on that playfield. not just flat plastic with printed elements. Kinda hope the 'star wars' mini screen shows up again here. it would work well.

i hope it doesn't. That GPS looking piece of shit looks forced into the game. Doesn't fit a theme, looks generic. Lame toys all around. it's like Stern isn't even bothering to try anymore. Where is inventive toys like the ship in POTC? Trying to be unique and fun. Least the mini display in ghostbusters was used in an inventive way. SW looks like straight up shit. nice opportunity to do something really creative and theme immersive, and they just decided to shit the bed instead.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
There are 6096 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 122.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside