Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 938.
#901 6 years ago

Is there a release day for Elvira3?

#902 6 years ago
Quoted from Marcus:

Is there a release day for Elvira3?

Not officially, but rumors point to sometime in 2018. Possibly TPF or before that.

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

24 is a great pin.

I like it and hope to have one someday.

#904 6 years ago

Anyone know if the sound track from the movie will be on GOTG?

It has to be, right?

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The next stern pin will be just a bare piece of 1/4 inch plywood for a PF with one flipper with a cardboard box for a cab with a rip already in the corner. Decals will be replaced with spray paint on the side. The price will be increased by $1000. That will be the LE. The Pro will not have a flipper. It will come without glass and you can push the ball to the top and it will roll back down.

You have to provide a pinball lol

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Based on?
I am thinking the next announcement will not be until Chicago Expo in October.

September 2013 - ST announced.
September 2014 - TWD announced.
September 2015 - GOT announced.
2016 - Batman 66, although I thought it was early September as well, it was October.

#907 6 years ago

I think Franchi would be awesome on Pulp Fiction. Suits his style. If he's on that game with Mark Ritchie, and Lyman does the rules, I sure as shit hope Stern ups their game in the QC dept. Because I'll buy that game in that case.

#908 6 years ago

I have heard the GOTG soundtrack is in the game ....Oooga chuuuka

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone know if the sound track from the movie will be on GOTG?
It has to be, right?

It would be a massive miss if GOTG didn't come with the films soundtrack, ST didn't have its OST but luckily we have pinball browser for times like those.

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I have heard the GOTG soundtrack is in the game ....Oooga chuuuka

Man thats a lot of licensed classics right there, I hope so but it won't be cheap.

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Man thats a lot of licensed classics right there, I hope so but it won't be cheap.

Wouldn't the licensing be for the GOTG film and all it's content? Disney obviously licenced everything for the film so would that not put all the music under the same umbrella?

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wouldn't the licensing be for the GOTG film and all it's content? Disney obviously licenced everything for the film so would that not put all the music under the same umbrella?

Doesn't work that way. Disney wouldn't have the right to transfer the license for each song to a third party. Would have to be relicensed from the original artist (or record company depending on who owns the rights). Even actors in the movies have to generally sign off on their likenesses being used.

#913 6 years ago

GOTG would be fun I would still rather see Deadpool

#914 6 years ago

I would rather see Archer!

#915 6 years ago

I heard that for Stern's next game, the pro version has no theme or code at all. Just parts. For the Premium (extra $1,500), you get a theme, but no toys, and still no code. Also no warranty. Code, toys, and warranty come only on the Super-LE (extra $3,000 and limited to only 100 units, all of which are sold already to rich pinball poseuers who joined the hobby less than two years ago but who each own at least 10 machines already (all Sterns)).

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

» YouTube video

this was way more awesome than it should have been.

#917 6 years ago

Guardians of the galaxy would be cool but the music licensing might be expensive.

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Doesn't work that way. Disney wouldn't have the right to transfer the license for each song to a third party. Would have to be relicensed from the original artist (or record company depending on who owns the rights). Even actors in the movies have to generally sign off on their likenesses being used.

I wasn't sure that's why I asked, if Stern do drop the cheapo ball on the licence at least we have Pinball Browser to put it right.

Going off SW it looks like Stern might realise that full audio/visual is a must now they have gone to the LCD. I would just like to see a packed licence and a packed playfield this time round for GOTG.

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

Guardians of the galaxy would be cool but the music licensing might be expensive.

The songs are all from the 1970s or so. The licensing is probably not too crippling. Those that are still alive, and the estates of the others, probably don't demand the same coin as a contemporary pop star. And you could probably get away with skipping some, like Bowie and Jackson 5

#920 6 years ago

GOTG, I would be fine with about 8-10 of the songs from either movie (1 or 2). But the soundtrack would be key for me. I'm anxiously awaiting this reveal instead of buying Star Wars.

I wonder if they will pair songs to modes like some of their other music pins?

Someone should start a GOTG thread.

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from Herm:

That's what pinball browser is for. Put whatever songs in there you want.

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I disagree Pinball Browser isn't there so Stern or anyone else for that matter can simply cheap out on a licence knowing we can fix there short comings.

I do agree though that it is a great tool to have for customising your games and a huge bonus to the community as it allows us to correct any licence skimping - ST, TWD.

#923 6 years ago

Well, these are the songs on the album.

Wonder which ones will make the game?

Sweet - Fox on the Run - excellent pinball song but only on trailer.

Fleetwood Mac - The Chain - great pinball song.

ELO - Mr Blue Sky - has to be included.

Will Vol 1 be included?

Title Artist(s) Length
1. "Mr. Blue Sky" Electric Light Orchestra 5:03
2. "Fox on the Run" Sweet 3:25
3. "Lake Shore Drive" Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah 3:49
4. "The Chain" Fleetwood Mac 4:27
5. "Bring It On Home to Me" Sam Cooke 2:43
6. "Southern Nights" Glen Campbell 2:57
7. "My Sweet Lord" George Harrison 4:37
8. "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" Looking Glass 3:03
9. "Come a Little Bit Closer" Jay and the Americans 2:46
10. "Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang" Silver 3:32
11. "Surrender" Cheap Trick 4:14
12. "Father and Son" Cat Stevens 3:39
13. "Flash Light" Parliament 4:28
14. "Guardians Inferno" The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff 3:16

#924 6 years ago

I'd want a few songs from each of the Vol 1 and Vol 2 soundtracks:

Hooked on a Feeling
Spirit in the Sky
Cherry Bomb
Mr Blue Sky
Fox on the Run
Lake Shore Drive
The Chain
Surrender

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

GOTG would be fun I would still rather see Deadpool

Deadpool will be coming after movie 2 and will likely pull from both movies (just my personal speculation).

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

GOTG, I would be fine with about 8-10 of the songs from either movie (1 or 2). But the soundtrack would be key for me. I'm anxiously awaiting this reveal instead of buying Star Wars.
I wonder if they will pair songs to modes like some of their other music pins?
Someone should start a GOTG thread.

having some actual toys on the playfield, a unique playfield layout, and no GPS unit mounted in the game is what would be key for me. And the price to start coming down, and for them to use boards that are not disposable.

#927 6 years ago

I could care less about the screen on the playfield of starwars....

#928 6 years ago

If it's GOTG, will it be based on the movies and the vault edition will be based on the comics? Like they did on Spiderman?

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

If it's GOTG, will it be based on the movies and the vault edition will be based on the comics? Like they did on Spiderman?

The movies took a comic property barely anyone had heard of and made GOTG a global phenomenon, the comics are probably still under most casual (MCU) movie goers radars.

Spider-Man is in a league of his own with Batman & Superman. Once Homecoming 2 is out I wouldn't put it passed Stern to do another vault of Spidey though with the MCU Spidey/Tom Holland this time around.

#930 6 years ago

A Stern GOTG - very likely.

A full soundtrack with 10 licensed songs - never gonna happen. Unless they're covers like TBL.

The conversation to have is what 3 songs would HAVE to be in a GOTG pin?

#931 6 years ago

I'd love to see Back To the Future done again on a modern day platform.

#932 6 years ago

What happened to the Superman rumor?

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A full soundtrack with 10 licensed songs - never gonna happen. Unless they're covers like TBL.

ooga chaka, ooga chaka . . .

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

ooga chaka, ooga chaka . . .

Anything but this. And no MJ or ain't no mountain!

The best songs probably don't suite pinball.

Cherry Bomb would do well during a multiball.
Disco inferno has to be pretty cheap right?
Its a song about the actual movie....

DRAX must must must be doing call outs. And he must laugh at you every time you do something wrong.

#935 6 years ago

Still hoping for a Beatles machine somewhere down the line.

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

DRAX must must must be doing call outs. And he must laugh at you every time you do something wrong.

Custom quotes by Dave/Drax or an indistinguishable sound a like!

"Nothing gets past my flippers........ my reflexes are too fast!"

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What about Mustang? It had songs from multiple artists. Sony label, but I'm sure it's still achievable. Especially for a company like Stern and not a boutique?

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I could care less about the screen on the playfield of starwars....

Pinball to me is about variety. Nothing wrong with a change up of having a 2nd lcd on the pf over a toy. If every other pin doesnt have it in a line up (and theres a good chance they wont) thrn i dont see the problem. SW just cant cop a break.
I have a sw pro coming soon and I'll be all over a gotg. Think variety. and dont get too hung up or jaded about what "should" be on a pin. Take each pin on its own merits. Sw does exaclty what i think it sets out to do. Jmho

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Get ready to be happy I think the pin will rock. Also Franchi on art I heard. He will make the game pop. Obviously Marvel will place restrictions so there will be some serious photoshopping I suspect but Franchi has a knack of making photoshop jobs look great.

Every page of (let's say almost) every Marvel comic book these days are drawn by very talented artists and look great - movies too. Why do I always hear that Marvel will place restrictions so it might not look good.

So if the art looks bad it's because Marvel did it?

Why would Marvel place restrictions to make it not look good? All Marvel does is make things look fantastic all the time - comics and movies. Same thing often said about Disney and SW art. Just saying I don't buy it - sounds like an excuse and a weak one at that.

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

It's a good point because if there are licensing restrictions and the game can't be what it could have been then we should be able to fix it.

This led me to think that Stern should from now on intentially make it easy to replace and add any songs for music pins in a standardized way. If USB is plugged in, it will simply replace or randomly select songs from there and play.

This would require a bit of programming to make sure it all makes sense still with song lengths for modes etc but perfectly doable.

Big win for Stern since they could just buy the min number of songs for operators. Since they are big into costcutting these days they could save here.

Big win for home use since we could easily put any and all songs we want to hear for any music pin!

In any case there are either financial restrictions or license restrictions that hold back every music pin from having all or the best songs people want anyway so having the ability to swap/add any songs out of the box would be a big win for everyone here!

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Every page of (let's say almost) every Marvel comic book these days are drawn by very talented artists and look great - movies too. Why do I always hear that Marvel will place restrictions so it might not look good.
So if the art looks bad it's because Marvel did it?
Why would Marvel place restrictions to make it not look good? All Marvel does is make things look fantastic all the time - comics and movies. Same thing often said about Disney and SW art. Just saying I don't buy it - sounds like an excuse and a weak one at that.

Not saying they don't use awesome artists for their books/movies. A perfect example of Marvel's anal retentiveness with theme/art restrictions is Ironman. The letters couldn't be placed on the left/right target banks as they wouldn't allow the name to be split into IRON and MAN. To me that's pretty tight restriction. Just mho.

Also the mix of movie photoshop pf art and comic art on dmd on avengers is shit and doesn't meld. Probably also due to restriction/required usage.

An interesting point but maybe do some Stern back catalogue research before the ready, fire, aim comment. Believe it or not, not everything is Sterns fault artwise. With minimal restriction and interference we have examples of some awesome pinball art packages from them in recent times.

In answer to your question... yeah it is a good bet if the art sucks then it's marvel. But I believe Franchi will nail gotg if he's on it. We'll see soon enough.

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Pinball to me is about variety. Nothing wrong with a change up of having a 2nd lcd on the pf over a toy. If every other pin doesnt have it in a line up (and theres a good chance they wont) thrn i dont see the problem. SW just cant cop a break.
I have a sw pro coming soon and I'll be all over a gotg. Think variety. and dont get too hung up or jaded about what "should" be on a pin. Take each pin on its own merits. Sw does exaclty what i think it sets out to do. Jmho

I like Star Wars as a pin I just think the screen blocks the back of the playfield more than other games with screens do..

#943 6 years ago

It wouldn't be family friendly but imagine how good the callouts on a Dice Clay pinball machine would be.

"Ohhh! Get in the ..... hole!"

#944 6 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

It wouldn't be family friendly but imagine how good the callouts on a Dice Clay pinball machine would be.
"Ohhh! Get in the ..... hole!"

With a smoke machine topper?

#945 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

It's a good point because if there are licensing restrictions and the game can't be what it could have been then we should be able to fix it.
This led me to think that Stern should from now on intentially make it easy to replace and add any songs for music pins in a standardized way. If USB is plugged in, it will simply replace or randomly select songs from there and play.
This would require a bit of programming to make sure it all makes sense still with song lengths for modes etc but perfectly doable.
Big win for Stern since they could just buy the min number of songs for operators. Since they are big into costcutting these days they could save here.
Big win for home use since we could easily put any and all songs we want to hear for any music pin!
In any case there are either financial restrictions or license restrictions that hold back every music pin from having all or the best songs people want anyway so having the ability to swap/add any songs out of the box would be a big win for everyone here!

This would be a legal nightmare if Stern set aside specific code to allow easy importation of non-licensed music into the pin.

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This would be a legal nightmare if Stern set aside specific code to allow easy importation of non-licensed music into the pin.

Meh. I dunno. Clocks play whatever music you plug into them. MP3 players do the same. There are plenty of devices that play whatever music you plug into them that don't pay music royalties. All Stern would have to do is pay the MP3/MP4 technology licenses and they'd be covered.

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Anything but this.

I am not saying I want it, that's just the first thing that comes to mind when I thign GOTG

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. I dunno. Clocks play whatever music you plug into them. MP3 players do the same. There are plenty of devices that play whatever music you plug into them that don't pay music royalties. All Stern would have to do is pay the MP3/MP4 technology licenses and they'd be covered.

Clocks and MP3 players are consumer items not revenue generating commercial equipment. If they did this ascap and bmi would be all over locations where machines were set up.

#949 6 years ago

If a GOTG pin really comes out, then all of late 80s early 90s childhood nerd years will pay off.

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

If history repeats itself shouldn't the announcement be this week?

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Based on?
I am thinking the next announcement will not be until Chicago Expo in October.

Quoted from Groo:

September 2013 - ST announced.
September 2014 - TWD announced.
September 2015 - GOT announced.
2016 - Batman 66, although I thought it was early September as well, it was October.

If any game gets announced in the remainder of September, I think it would be the reveal of the AC/DC Premium VE. A new game announcement I bet will be at Pinball Expo or a pinball show the week before.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/19?hl=raegor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.