Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 938.
#9801 3 years ago
Quoted from Rivv:

I will wait for the Ka-Pow version.
[quoted image]

Damn that would have been so much better! If only...

#9802 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Themes have run out. We’re in the pinball reboot age.
POTC
GNR
SW
Elvira
BK
JP
TMNT
...and now Avengers.
In this case, it’s fine. 2012 Avengers pin isn’t well liked, 8 years might as well be 80...the new crop of pin players like the theme & would want a good game using it.

I wouldn't consider bk or elvira a reboot, more of a continuation in a series. Next chapter type pins. Glad they made em too, they are both awesome games.

#9803 3 years ago

Isn't it a bit soon for another KME title? I wasn't expecting a release so soon after TMNT either. Rock on. I'm pretty pumped to hear Keith is on a title like Avengers. If anyone can take the oft-overused superhero genre and make it something special, it's KME.

#9804 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Wrong... I am 22 so I count myself “young”
My first game I bought NIB was Ghostbusters. This was also my one and only NIB game... For the past 6 month I’m on the lookout for another NIB game. BUT there is just nothing available which appeals to me. So I am still here waiting with enough space and money for a game i like.
But the recent titles from Stern are either just for “older” people or the licenses aren’t that popular. To clarify I am sure StTh, Munsters, Elvira, TMNT are big popular licenses BUT those are mostly known in the US. Stern calls themselves a “global” (lifestyle) brand.
But I don’t see them acting as a “global” brand, when they just publish games with licenses popular in the US.

I never said all their licenses appeal to all. I said Avengers does.

I’m sorry about your first purchase being GB. I hope you get a good game if you try this again.

#9805 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Isn't it a bit soon for another KME title? I wasn't expecting a release so soon after TMNT either. Rock on. I'm pretty pumped to hear Keith is on a title like Avengers. If anyone can take the oft-overused superhero genre and make it something special, it's KME.

Not too soon for a Keith pin, since it is now over a year since his last one. Plus, TMNT has been the only Stern released this year and we are almost into 4th quarter end of the year.

7 Stern Marvel pins?
Spider-Man
Hulk
Ironman
X-Men
DP
Guardians
Infinity War or End Game (new release name?)

#9806 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I like it....who would you pick if you had all the villains?

I'd go Jaws .
Maybe that's the code word for a Bond pin .

IMG_20200830_172002 (resized).jpgIMG_20200830_172002 (resized).jpg
#9807 3 years ago

But the recent titles from Stern are either just for “older” people or the licenses aren’t that popular. To clarify I am sure StTh, Munsters, Elvira, TMNT are big popular licenses BUT those are mostly known in the US. Stern calls themselves a “global” (lifestyle) brand.
But I don’t see them acting as a “global” brand, when they just publish games with licenses popular in the US.

I second that.
I'd also add that you can't be a "global brand" when you make an insider program draw (the monthly pfs) that can only be won by US residents.
As a European I basically paid for nothing...

#9808 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

I second that.
I'd also add that you can't be a "global brand" when you make an insider program draw (the monthly pfs) that can only be won by US residents.
As a European I basically paid for nothing...

So don't pay for it.

I love the fact that a new released game can be in and European home within a month after the release (while a lot of Americans are still waiting on theirs).
Accept Munsters every recent release is a worldwide known theme.
Stranger Things = worldwide Netflix hit
Turtles = worldwide hit in the early days and now still at Nickelodeon all over the world.
Elvira = the 2 first Elvira pins are acknowledged as great pins, once again, worldwide.

#9809 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s your #1 theme that you’d buy right away?

I wasn't asked but games I'd order blindly/ they'd srsly had to fuck this up not for me to order it would be "Akira" or a "Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill" game.

(Last one is never going to happen but you'd have 100% of the german and italian market.)

"Legend of Korra" and "Evangelion" also would be day 1 buys but in short I'd be happy with anything that falls out of the usual western scope and/ or is animated.

Godzilla would be great.

#9810 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

So don't pay for it.
I love the fact that a new released game can be in and European home within a month after the release (while a lot of Americans are still waiting on theirs).
Turtles = worldwide hit in the early days and now still at Nickelodeon all over the world.
Elvira = the 2 first Elvira pins are acknowledged as great pins, once again, worldwide.

Don't have nickelodeon here and Elvira is only known here due to pinball, and thus by a very limited amount of people.
Stranger is global, can't argue.

But in any case even if it matches both EU and US countries that's not enough to be "global"
Global implies Asia, Africa, SA...

#9811 3 years ago

I think Venom would make a cool pin.

Funniest Marvel movie yet.

Looking forward to see what Keith has put into Avengers

#9812 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I wasn't asked but games I'd order blindly/ they'd srsly had to fuck this up not for me to order it would be "Akira" or a "Bud Spencer & Terrence Hill" game.
(Last one is never going to happen but you'd have 100% of the german and italian market.)
"Legend of Korra" and "Evangelion" also would be day 1 buys but in short I'd be happy with anything that falls out of the usual western scope and/ or is animated.
Godzilla would be great.

I’d hope for Godzilla. That actually has a shot of being made by someone.

#9813 3 years ago

My money is safe on this one! Looking forward to Bill and Ted, Bond, Jaws and Back to the Future. Simpsons and Muppets would be cool too! I’d even buy a Frozen pin for my Daughter - yup I said it!! I’d probably enjoy it too.

#9814 3 years ago

Do we have a time for the release of this one?

Also note, it it's a home game Stern released Jurassic Park like 2 weeks after Star Wars "The Pin" was released.

#9815 3 years ago

Looks like my challenger is getting her supercharger. Stern keeps up these magical themes I’ll save enough moola to put an addition on the house.

#9816 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:They are still making Metallica Pros, Spider-Man Pros, AC/DC Pros? Huh. I had no idea.

No, they made them years after initial production started.

#9817 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I never said all their licenses appeal to all. I said Avengers does.
I’m sorry about your first purchase being GB. I hope you get a good game if you try this again.

Avengers did huge world wide and even bigger in China.

I disagree with GB, I love mine, and suck so bad at pinball it is a great game I’ll never see the end on

#9818 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Also note, it it's a home game Stern released Jurassic Park like 2 weeks after Star Wars "The Pin" was released.

Honestly I don’t get why the bigger themes they don’t make a new home pin playfield layout, or even make a cheaper pro. If their home line was ~3500 msrp and sold for 3k street. These themes like tmnt, jp, avengers, I think would have a prettt big home market.

#9819 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If stern only bought the license to block spooky, I’d be pretty sad it happens in corporate but with the love spooky has it would of been nice to see them make it. If stern makes it then hopefully we see some innovation!

#9820 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If stern only bought the license to block spooky, I’d be pretty sad it happens in corporate but with the love spooky has it would of been nice to see them make it. If stern makes it then hopefully we see some innovation!

Innovation is great just make sure it works before the games ship and all games are tested properly. Took me forever to get my Stranger Things mechs dialed in.

#9821 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes - want to see Godzilla.

#9822 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

They’ll wanna get it into homes for XMAS so production will be going on ASAP.

#9823 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Wow lady Olenna Tyrrel stil looks sweet in this one.

Tracy Bond too! Bond wife > Bond girl, every game can be improved simply by adding Diana Rigg.

#9824 3 years ago

I think the timing on this was dictated by Marvel. The teaser video came out 36 hours after Fortnite launched their huge Marvel ***comics*** integration.

#9825 3 years ago

They are showing this one on Tuesday.

#9826 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Wrong... I am 22 so I count myself “young”
My first game I bought NIB was Ghostbusters. This was also my one and only NIB game... For the past 6 month I’m on the lookout for another NIB game. BUT there is just nothing available which appeals to me. So I am still here waiting with enough space and money for a game i like.

sorry but NST, Munsters, TNMT and Marvel are huge all over the world. Elvira less so I agree.

But I'm kinda glad that theme is something that I can get over. TMNT, Iron Maiden, Elvira, NST all themes that I wouldn't ordinarily go anywhere near. But the games underneath are so fantastic who cares about the theme. fortunately I fixed the music in IMDN.

#9827 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

sorry but NST, Munsters, TNMT and Marvel are huge all over the world. Elvira less so I agree.
But I'm kinda glad that theme is something that I can get over. TMNT, Iron Maiden, Elvira, NST all themes that I wouldn't ordinarily go anywhere near. But the games underneath are so fantastic who cares about the theme. fortunately I fixed the music in IMDN.

I will take rock n roll and heavy metal over any superhero, but with that being said I do like some of the superhero pins but hate the movies. I find it hard for those of rock fans not to like just about all of the music pins that have been made by Stern, all the bands are in the top 20 or 30 of all time and classic tunes, ACDC, Metallica, Maiden, Stones. I guess some trendy alternative fans in here or overrated rap crap techno shit.

#9828 3 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Don't have nickelodeon here and Elvira is only known here due to pinball, and thus by a very limited amount of people.
Stranger is global, can't argue.
But in any case even if it matches both EU and US countries that's not enough to be "global"
Global implies Asia, Africa, SA...

In the pinball world, global mean's the US, EU, Canada, and Australia. I think that is kind of implied in this type of forum, no?

#9829 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I will take rock n roll and heavy metal over any superhero, but with that being said I do like some of the superhero pins but hate the movies.

I've got MET and IMDN but really don't like the music. AC-DC I borrowed for a while but wasn't so keen on the game - not a bad game but just not my cup of tea. Aerosmith was a miss because it didn't have Run DMC in it.

I'll just take an epic game with epic gameplay! A theme I like is a bonus, a theme I don't like is fine but both being done well is mandatory (see epic game!)

Neil

#9830 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I've got MET and IMDN but really don't like the music. AC-DC I borrowed for a while but wasn't so keen on the game - not a bad game but just not my cup of tea. Aerosmith was a miss because it didn't have Run DMC in it.
I'll just take an epic game with epic gameplay! A theme I like is a bonus, a theme I don't like is fine but both being done well is mandatory (see epic game!)
Neil

Nice just curious why others dislike some bands if a rock fan, overall I like Or can handle just about every bad but not love every band is what I am trying to say

#9831 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are showing this one on Tuesday.

So distro meeting and shitty quality leaked photos Monday then. Haha

#9832 3 years ago

BLACK SABBATH PIN...c’mon Stern. We deserve it.

#9833 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

So don't pay for it.

Where can I find these netflix stats that show how many people around the world watch stranger things? I thouht it a children's show not watched by more than a few million kids in North America.

#9834 3 years ago

Also, when is the faakin release already

#9835 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Where can I find these netflix stats that show how many people around the world watch stranger things? I thouht it a children's show not watched by more than a few million kids in North America.

Stranger Things isn’t a show for kiddies. We just now will let out 11yo watch it . It is a show for teens and up. It is basically X-files but with 1/2 the cast being under 15.

#9836 3 years ago

mnpinball said there was something before LZ and is usually spot on...so is LZ next now?

#9837 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

LOL It’s a sci-fi/suspense/horror show. What gave you the idea it was for kids? A minute long trailer would tell you what kind of show it was.

Stranger Things is very popular, but while it’s about nostalgia, people aren’t necessarily nostalgic for it, which is needed for strong pre-order sales.

#9838 3 years ago

Strangers Things? A children’s show? You thought wrong.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

#9839 3 years ago

A quick google search will reveal that 40.7 million people streamed the show on the debut weekend of the latest season. So, it’s pretty f’n popular and it’s very obviously not a children’s show.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

2A411ED5-13AA-4620-934E-9172CA78C404 (resized).png2A411ED5-13AA-4620-934E-9172CA78C404 (resized).png
#9840 3 years ago

I dont need to hear the theme. Stern could have said KME would be the next designer behind their next cornerstone and I'd throw my hat in the ring! The design and code of any theme makes IP irrelevant to me honestly. I play the machines for the code that is implemented into the layout, Keith has proven in a short period of time that he knows what makes a fun pinball machine. I'd love a more adult themed game but Stern has kinda turned away from those IP's.... lucky for them they still have Keith and Lyman working with them to make games that will at least earn my business.

#9841 3 years ago

What a meh theme. Really wish they would have gone with black panther. I just find it hard to create a cohesive game with a huge mish mash of characters.

#9842 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

A quick google search will reveal that 40.7 million people streamed the show on the debut weekend of the latest season. So, it’s pretty f’n popular and it’s very obviously not a children’s show.
[quoted image]

Snap!

#9843 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - want to see Godzilla.

Market research indicates people want a monkey pin. Houdini had a monkey, Oktoberfest almost had one and Hot Wheels got an ape. That leaves room for a future planet of the apes or King Kong. Maybe they should think every which way but loose.

4E50DA6A-5E38-4D4D-A5F4-CD1146544CBD.gif4E50DA6A-5E38-4D4D-A5F4-CD1146544CBD.gif618B5153-9CDA-4870-80FE-7414C852DF5A.gif618B5153-9CDA-4870-80FE-7414C852DF5A.gif90F0115B-6798-412C-89A8-75AA98E5CBE9.gif90F0115B-6798-412C-89A8-75AA98E5CBE9.gif

After Stern design closes the monkey category, I’d prefer dinosaurs, sharks or amphibians ... aka JP2, Jaws and Godzilla.

#9844 3 years ago

I just want a Godzilla King of the Monsters theme.
Movie was good, all those monsters give a lot of modes, could be a blast.
I’m actually really liking my Sega Godzilla, but they could charge anything and I’d grab a LE Zilla.

#9845 3 years ago

Will this new Stern Marvel comics theme machine be part of “The Pin” platform for home use?

#9846 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

Watch it! It‘s full of children!

D‘uh!!!

#9847 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Will this new Stern Marvel comics theme machine be part of “The Pin” platform for home use?

Yes, in a way that it does not at all.

So, no. It‘s confirmed to be a cornerstone game.

Edit:

#9848 3 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I just want a Godzilla King of the Monsters theme.
Movie was good, all those monsters give a lot of modes, could be a blast.
I’m actually really liking my Sega Godzilla, but they could charge anything and I’d grab a LE Zilla.

I've been saying that for months now. My grail pin is JAWS, but I'd be ecstatic over a new, well-done GODZILLA. I really hope we get either of those within the next year.

#9849 3 years ago

Godzilla vs Kong, and let's call it a day!

#9850 3 years ago

Alien versus Predator....Cmon Stern you have the money...a million movies have been made. LOL.

If it bleeds.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/197?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.