New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 163185)

**The Next Stern Pin**

By frankmac

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10,711 posts
  • 1,082 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by shaub
  • Topic is favorited by 204 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is TMNT for you?”

• yes 56 votes
    43%
  • no 74 votes
    57%

(130 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,110 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

statler_waldorf_the_muppets_diamond_select_moc_2_ (1) (resized).jpg
21barn01_600 (1) (resized).jpg
muppet-pinball-mayhem-164x164 (resized).png
F27D13D1-3BEA-45C6-866E-3969177BB407 (resized).png
1F31C6E7-35E0-4CB5-B81B-A5E7BE93FFD1 (resized).png
E87D4B9A-7788-430A-B4D4-71E12BBF609F (resized).jpeg
Munchkin_game_cover (resized).jpg
C943A73F-70F8-4021-878C-F74EACD2D67A (resized).jpeg
EB35CB5A-E65D-4104-9AEB-032F09246CF8 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
27D93EAB-8A1E-44D3-8D45-644545F670FC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
2325A708-B141-45A1-94DA-E9FB550B7018 (resized).jpeg
EF1B04FC-3576-4F73-B0CC-9BA6D9AAA349.jpeg
0014133103_10 (resized).jpg
kol-1-600x413 (resized).png

There are 10711 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 215.
#9401 63 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

...but i dont know anyone in the industry so i appreciate the leaked info so he was tolerable in small doses....

You're already on Pinside, so there's a few thousand industry insiders that know everything!

#9402 62 days ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I know a lot of people don’t like Kaneda, and I’ve never listened to his podcast, but I hear he’s been fairly accurate predicting Stern’s upcoming releases. He said Jaws is coming. Since he said that a lot of Pinsiders have been claiming to have heard the same thing from other sources. Could just be wishful thinking, I suppose. I personally hope it happens. Jaws is my grail theme.

He said Queen was next also ....

#9403 62 days ago

So you guys won't have to wait long. Stern will make an announcement this Friday. Boom you heard it hear first.

#9404 62 days ago

They'll probably annonce.. their upcoming announcement..

#9405 62 days ago

They just announced a new mode (play the games OST).

#9407 62 days ago
Quoted from BallPin:

So you guys won't have to wait long. Stern will make an announcement this Friday. Boom you heard it hear first.

Im hopeful but i havent even found a tmnt to play yet. Pinbars are only just opening up again (with major restrictions) Seems like they (Stern) would be competing with themselves with another release so soon. Covid sucks on so many lvls

#9408 62 days ago
Quoted from Graysonsdad:

Seems like they (Stern) would be competing with themselves with another release so soon.

Yes, announcing a new (cornerstone) game would make not much sense yet.

Usually their next game is announced the day the first Premiums arrive here; that's still far off (the LE's just landed today afaik).

#9409 62 days ago

Here she comes !! Don’t hesitate this is a groundbreaker !!

6A14295D-6727-4D67-9141-62C3120AB304 (resized).jpegA1400128-EC1F-45F4-A2E0-47DBD3E3C803 (resized).jpegB91D29B4-77A8-4CB6-8867-154818E8186D (resized).jpegD7B27C92-9767-4A20-9C8D-430B89267157 (resized).jpeg
#9410 62 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I did read that Heighway had blown some major coin on licenses before they even finished getting Alien out the door, including Queen and Playboy. Another small company offered to buy the Queen license before it expired, but Heighway refused. I wouldn’t mind a Queen music pin if the game was fun.

#9411 62 days ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

He sure implied it on his FB page.

Looks like we will find out soon!

#9412 62 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I did read that Heighway had blown some major coin on licenses before they even finished getting Alien out the door, including Queen and Playboy. Another small company offered to buy the Queen license before it expired, but Heighway refused. I wouldn’t mind a Queen music pin if the game was fun.

Heighway barely had enough money to keep the lights on let alone afford a monster licence like Queen. They made a VP demo which honesty didn’t look that good.

#9413 62 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Heighway barely had enough money to keep the lights on let alone afford a monster licence like Queen. They made a VP demo which honesty didn’t look that good.

That’s partly true, there’s a long discussion by a former Heighway employee on the Alien thread about all the things Andrew blew money on, including a huge factory, Porsche, machines for production that were never used and expensive licenses. Interesting read. The problem sounds like poor management, not lack of funds. Lots of people invested. I believe he said Deeproot offered to buy the Queen license but had no interest in Playboy.

#9414 62 days ago

I’m still hearing LZ is coming and sooner rather than later.
This kind of makes me doubt the Queen rumor as I can’t see them doing back to back music pins unless one is a re themed classic or a Kapow title.

I don’t doubt they will try to launch a music pin to coincide with JJP GNR.

#9415 62 days ago

LZ or Queen is probably the code name. Who is right, nobody knows.

#9416 62 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This kind of makes me doubt the Queen rumor as I can’t see them doing back to back music pins unless one is a re themed classic or a Kapow title.

New here. What is a Kapow title.

#9417 62 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

JJP won't release GnR anytime soon, also Stern will make an announcement in two days so we will see if LZ is the next pin

#9418 62 days ago

Another company that works with Stern to get some tough/expensive licenses. See Batman66 or the Beatles pinball threads....

Quoted from Raiders36:

New here. What is a Kapow title.

#9419 62 days ago

People thinking that this is too soon to announce another game, Turtles was delayed a bit because of Covid, and often times licensing deals have clauses in place to release or announce a product by/on a certain date. I've heard from several people that we will be getting an announcement next week.

#9420 62 days ago
Quoted from BallPin:

JJP won't release GnR anytime soon, also Stern will make an announcement in two days so we will see if LZ is the next pin

Tell us what CGC has for game number 4.

#9421 62 days ago

Stern doesn't usually announce on a Friday.

#9422 62 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern doesn't usually announce on a Friday.

Could be a teaser on Friday with a full reveal next week.

#9423 62 days ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Could be a teaser on Friday with a full reveal next week.

I hope he is at least looking like he is having fun playing the game this time. Last time, it looked like he was having a hemorrhoid flare up.

#9424 62 days ago

What are the chances that this is TOHO GODZILLA? Got my fingers crossed.

8B3CCBA0-FB7A-44CF-AC46-6A47F6FA2FF8 (resized).jpeg
#9425 62 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

Shin Godzilla was such a good movie. I was so happy that it came to North American movie theatres.

#9426 62 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

That would be cool! However, I'm hoping if it is GODZILLA it will be to coincide with the next movie, which comes out in May 2021 and is entitled GODZILLA VS KONG. Imagine the possibilities of a pin that has two classic monsters battling each other. That would truly be EPIC!!!

#9427 62 days ago

Ehhh, I prefer the classic Japanese Godzilla. Historically Hollywood has not done the franchise justice. Stern...Give the people CLASSIC GODZILLA! DESTROY ALL MONSTERS OR BUST!

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

That would be cool! However, I'm hoping if it is GODZILLA it will be to coincide with the next movie, which comes out in May 2021 and is entitled GODZILLA VS KONG. Imagine the possibilities of a pin that has two classic monsters battling each other. That would truly be EPIC!!!

#9428 62 days ago

The upcoming Stern announcement is not regarding a game. They are introducing an HDMI Adaptor to help streamers display their score screens.

#9429 62 days ago

I heard from a reliable source that Friday they’re announcing DLC for TMNT

#9430 62 days ago

Queen=Godzilla, KING of the monsters?

Seems like a legit code name

#9431 62 days ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I heard from a reliable source that Friday they’re announcing DLC for TMNT

That’s believable...

#9432 62 days ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

The upcoming Stern announcement is not regarding a game. They are introducing an HDMI Adaptor to help streamers display their score screens.

That has already been published?

#9433 62 days ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Queen=Godzilla, KING of the monsters?
Seems like a legit code name

It actually is!

#9434 62 days ago

I'm guessing topper announcement - c'mon Elvira!

#9435 62 days ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

That has already been published?

It was by Zach, but they were asked to pull the video/link as it was 'Preproduction'.

#9436 62 days ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Stern will make an announcement this Friday. Boom you heard it hear first.

Kaneda's coming in fast ... Will be watching.

#9437 61 days ago

I have it on less than reliable sources that the next Stern pinball will be a Helen Reddy pin!

#9438 61 days ago

9000+ posts on what the next Stern will be... Stern sure got us by the (pin)balls!!

#9439 61 days ago

Godzilla or another Marvel pin is easy pass for me!

Bring on LZ! Kings of Rock!

#9440 61 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

9000+ posts on what the next Stern will be... Stern sure got us by the (pin)balls!!

No shit..a bunch of nothing about nothing!

#9441 61 days ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Whole lotta love for Stern

#9442 61 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

That art work is nice!!

#9443 61 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No shit..a bunch of nothing about nothing!

heres-the-idea-a-thread-about-nothing (resized).jpg
#9444 61 days ago

Stern does get the job done.

Some great, good and bad but they always bring it to the table.

#9445 61 days ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Like this image, buy why would Baragon be so prominently displayed? Needs some Gigan!

I still think you all are fighting over which will be the cornerstone, when we should be discussing which will be the cornerstone and which will be the studio title for the year. (My opinion, Godzilla 2020 = Elvira HOH 2019)

#9446 61 days ago

I was hoping for JAWS but I could do a TOHO-GOD.

#9447 61 days ago

Creepshow: The Pinball Game

#9448 61 days ago

At this point, hoping on Friday for either: Jaws, Wonder Woman or Tron VE

#9449 61 days ago

Not sure how I feel about wonder women.

#9450 61 days ago

I hope its BTTF.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,999.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
There are 10711 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 215.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside