Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 938.
#9301 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why? What is the history of this?

No history with it. It’s Disney with a new movie that they’ll market every way possible including a pin release. Go either way, Stern or perhaps JJP will pursue. Just another Disney movie that will have mass appeal imo. They’re a merchandise monger.

#9302 3 years ago

I’d buy this theme.

#9303 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can easily afford to lose money, but why on earth would I voluntarily do so?

Ever been to the movies? Or a steakhouse? Or on vacation?

#9304 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a good theory but if you look up Stern release dates I don't think it's that common. I wonder how much access Stern has with a movie pre-release?
They have to know the story before incorporating it into the machine.

Exactly! Everyone keeps going on and on about releasing this and that with upcoming Anniversary dates, which Stern simply don’t care about they know their market and they know they will sell pins no matter what, anniversaries and QC be damned

Stern have released one title I can think of on an Anniversary and that was their own Anniversary which tied into Batman 66s Anniversary last minute which is why BM66 was rushed out, but that was done more for Sterns 30th than Batmans.

#9305 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You don't lose money on any of those things . Buying a meal - you need to eat , movies and vacations - you're buying an experience .
At best you could try to argue you're wasting money .
None of the things you have mentioned can be resold .

#9306 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

You don't lose money on any of those things . Buying a meal - you need to eat , movies and vacations - you're buying an experience .
At best you could try to argue you're wasting money .
None of the things you have mentioned can be resold .

You can eat bread and potatoes at home. Going out to eat is a waste of money no matter how you try to argue it. Same with vacation.
So you’re saying owning your own pin is. Or considered an experience??? Movies you can wait a couple of years for it to be on TV. All mentioned are a loss of money.

Quoted from yancy:

Buy a TV or computer? You just lost hundreds walking out of the store. Play pinball on location? Yup, you are losing money.

#9307 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You can eat bread and potatoes at home. Going out to eat is a waste of money no matter how you try to argue it.

You're backing up my point .
I've never brought a meal at a restaurant and said " I've lost a money " , if I didn't like the meal I would say " I've wasted my money " .
I wouldn't say Vacations are a waste of money , get out see the world , experience new things and make new memories .
I enjoy going to the movies and I've never said I've lost money going to one .
Besides basic surviving , What's the point of money if it can't bring you some happiness .

#9308 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. They didn't rename it or anything. Then just went with decals instead of stencil, and changed the translite which was probably cheaper to produce than the original 3D version..
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5682

It's a fact based on your opinion what a vault is.

We have Vaults that are comepletely the same machine (Star Trek), vaults with slight or major additions (Iron Man), Vaults with a completely changed art package (Spiderman).

So the clear definition of a Vault ist: There is none!

Tron released multiple times, changed it's name to "2nd", "3rd", "4th" edition. Changed a bit of stuff like the translite and the bikes, as well as stuff in the manufacturing process like you wrote, but it still is a rerun of an existing game (out of the Vault) that there was demand for.
(It's definately not a different Version to rekindle interrest like AC/DC Luci or Munsters Premium Color.)

#9309 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

You're backing up my point .
I've never brought a meal at a restaurant and said " I've lost a money " , if I didn't like the meal I would say " I've wasted my money " .
I wouldn't say Vacations are a waste of money , get out see the world , experience new things and make new memories .
I enjoy going to the movies and I've never said I've lost money going to one .
Besides basic surviving , What's the point of money if it can't bring you some happiness .

I believe the point here is that none of these things - movies, dinner, vacations, or pinball should be considered investments. Just enjoy them.

#9310 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It's a fact based on your opinion what a vault is.
We have Vaults that are comepletely the same machine (Star Trek), vaults with slight or major additions (Iron Man), Vaults with a completely changed art package (Spiderman).
So the clear definition of a Vault ist: There is none!
Tron released multiple times, changed it's name to "2nd", "3rd", "4th" edition. Changed a bit of stuff like the translite and the bikes, as well as stuff in the manufacturing process like you wrote, but it still is a rerun of an existing game (out of the Vault) that there was demand for.
(It's definately not a different Version to rekindle interrest like AC/DC Luci or Munsters Premium Color.)

Then, I don't believe you meant to imply those Tron 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth editions were in fact different iterations of a Tron VE. Or else, Stern would have called it that way. Those Tron versions came from the same production run, they didn't need to be vaulted. Must have come down to Stern execs telling themselves 'hey, this game is catching and is in high demand, let's do some more and fix a few things along the way..'

You are however right about the lack of a clear definition of what a real vaulted pinball is, because it's all about marketing and selling a niche product that has become in demand. Same goes with Pro, versus Premium and LE. We all have it pretty good idea of what those are, the vault (or VE) is just some different marketing branding.

I went back to Stern's website to read again about their VE releases. In a nutshell, when a game is really successful (and there is still a high demand for it), Stern's goal is '...to take one of our most popular games and make it even better'. Then follows a long list of improvements, affecting every aspect of the game, not just a few decals or a couple of toys. But also music, armor, GI, etc. Same game, different experience.. at least, that's Stern's claim!

#9311 3 years ago

<yawn>

#9313 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Then, I don't believe you meant to imply those Tron 2nd, 3rd, and 4rth editions were in fact different iterations of a Tron VE. Or else, Stern would have called it that way. Those Tron versions came from the same production run, they didn't need to be vaulted. Must have come down to Stern execs telling themselves 'hey, this game is catching and is in high demand, let's do some more and fix a few things along the way..'
You are however right about the lack of a clear definition of what a real vaulted pinball is, because it's all about marketing and selling a niche product that has become in demand. Same goes with Pro, versus Premium and LE. We all have it pretty good idea of what those are, the vault (or VE) is just some different marketing branding.
I went back to Stern's website to read again about their VE releases. In a nutshell, when a game is really successful (and there is still a high demand for it), Stern's goal is '...to take one of our most popular games and make it even better'. Then follows a long list of improvements, affecting every aspect of the game, not just a few decals or a couple of toys. But also music, armor, GI, etc. Same game, different experience.. at least, that's Stern's claim!

You can believe that... or reality.
So name ONE improvement of Star Trek Vault.
Oh yeah, it has a „last voyage EDITION“ plaque on it.

And when Tron was new there was no „Vault Edition“, or „Premium“ or anything.

There was no ongoing long production run either, pinball was pretty beat up at that time.
So rerunning this game two years , like you do now just regulary manufacture a game for years, was a novelty.

But yes, if it makes you feel better, it can‘t be a Vault, since the category didn‘t exist yet.

#9314 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

There was no ongoing long production run either, pinball was pretty beat up at that time.
So rerunning this game two years , like you do now just regulary manufacture a game for years, was a novelty.
But yes, if it makes you feel better, it can‘t be a Vault, since the category didn‘t exist yet.

Lol, I don't need it to make me feel any better, we're just exchanging on a forum here. Also, seems we're boring skink91..

#9315 3 years ago

dr.strange or ...red team plaseeee

32cc77766d818cebf99db4da5636ffe6 (resized).png32cc77766d818cebf99db4da5636ffe6 (resized).png
#9316 3 years ago

Just saw an ad for
The New Mutants.

#9317 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:Just saw an ad for
The New Mutants.

That film has been in limbo for a variety of reasons for nearly three years, it finished filming in 2017.

#9318 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

...it finished filming in 2017.

Besides the reshoots

#9319 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Besides the reshoots

There were some planned, but they apparently never came to be.

"The film was then delayed while reshoots were planned and Disney began the process of acquiring production company 20th Century Fox. After the acquisition was completed, Boone returned to work on the film, and it was completed without reshoots in March 2020."

#9320 3 years ago

I would be all over a Muppets pin. Does Disney own them? Stern has done deals w Disney before, POTC, Tron. My son would never turn it off. He loves Muppets more than I do.

#9321 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, I don't need it to make me feel any better, we're just exchanging on a forum here. Also, seems we're boring skink91..

Yes we are!

#9322 3 years ago
0fec85a8396991a794998c80bc2479098f4d217d (resized).jpg0fec85a8396991a794998c80bc2479098f4d217d (resized).jpg
#9323 3 years ago
space 1999-1 (resized).jpgspace 1999-1 (resized).jpg
#9325 3 years ago

Le?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9326 3 years ago

Heavy Metal is Oct/Nov

Maybe, Elf, the pinball for X mas.

#9327 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

we all called out ST 'vault' as some abuse of the label when it was announced... no need to try to throw out everything else because of one bad move.

ST Vault was questioned because the game really had never been fully retired.. or if it technically had.. was just done.

It just seemed to be Stern trying to cash in on their own manufactured hype.

#9328 3 years ago

I'm in both for a Muppets, or Space 1999!
Also a Lego would be awesome, Stern should look at that Hotwheel!

#9329 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

IMDN LE? They seem to be holding value pretty well. You must have paid way too much for it in order to lose 2.5K on the deal?

Purely speculation. I paid MSRP from a distro, and only 10 of them came to Canada with the tournament button and Canadian mechs etc., So maybe I'll get my money back. The issue is the price. It worked out to 12.5k in Canadian pesos. That's a huge price up here. I'm banking firmly on getting at least 10, but who knows... I'm pretty sure it will be a loss. Don't know if I'll ever sell though as the game is so damned good.

#9330 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I won't buy any more NIB games because of this.
I can easily afford to lose money, but why on earth would I voluntarily do so?

Rick and Morty say ‘Hi’.

#9331 3 years ago

Westworld. Would be awesome.

#9332 3 years ago

So when’s the next title name released September?

#9333 3 years ago

WW84

#9334 3 years ago
#9335 3 years ago

Space 1999? Count me in!

Maya multi-ball!

#9336 3 years ago

2020. The title alone tells the story and our hero somehow has to defeat Covid19, keep the mom and pop shop open while riots rage and bezos makes another 50 billion in 5 months. 28 ball multiball representing the kids in a classroom! Knock out each kid as a carrier!!

#9337 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Westworld. Would be awesome.

Yeah it really wouldn’t

#9338 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

2020. The title alone tells the story and our hero somehow has to defeat Covid19, keep the mom and pop shop open while riots rage and bezos makes another 50 billion in 5 months. 28 ball multiball representing the kids in a classroom! Knock out each kid as a carrier!!

MURDER HORNET MULTIBALL!!

#9339 3 years ago

Hearing Strong Jaws talk.
I have my fingers Crossed.

#9340 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hearing Strong Jaws talk.
I have my fingers Crossed.

Quicksilver makeover

#9341 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Quicksilver makeover

Interesting so like Beatles & Seawitch

#9342 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

wildfire multiball!
arctic shelves bash target!

#9343 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Quicksilver makeover

Is this speculation on your part of have you heard something? I had not thought of a Jaws retheme but that could be interesting

#9344 3 years ago

You're gonna need a bigger boat...

#9345 3 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

You're gonna need a bigger boat...

...and I’m gonna need a bigger basement

*I have space for just 2 more games

#9346 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...and I’m gonna need a bigger basement
*I have space for just 2 more games

Me too. My gameroom is full and now I'm eyeing the removal of some furniture from my office to accommodate JAWS and/or one other irresistible theme.

#9347 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Me too. My gameroom is full and now I'm eyeing the removal of some furniture from my office to accommodate JAWS and/or one other irresistible theme.

You're a man of correct priorities. I'm just gonna have my shower removed and put Jaws in there. Wife'll love it, right?

#9348 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You're a man of correct priorities. I'm just gonna have my shower removed and put Jaws in there. Wife'll love it, right?

Well, Jaws would probably be better in a bathtub, but whatever works for you.

#9349 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Agreed, who needs a fireplace anyway - we're talking about Jaws here! But don't touch Vader (unless you want to replace with a Centurion..)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/187?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.