Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 936.
#9251 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Just give it a multi ball .
It's a Williams game so I don't think Stern would do it + some people would get offended by upskirting of the sexy lady on the back box .
meow meow meow

not a remake, a proper full-feature contemporary sequel. Or at the very least, take The Walking Dead and redo it as Bad Cats II.

#9252 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure you got my point. Yes, the whole idea of a VE is based on resale value of Pros and Premiums. If the price is high, that means the market is ripe for a VE. What is does to the value of the older games makes no difference because there was no perceive promise. Not the same thing as an LE though. When you buy an LE, you expect it to be "Limited". So my point is, a Tron VE should be a DMD display and a Pro only form. No ramp lights, but maybe factory LEDs throughout.

I see your point, but I am not sure I agree with it. IF (and that is a BIG IF) TRON VE is remade, it has a very good chance of being more desirable than the LE. Stern may feel that to do the best VE that they can they may use an LCD and movie clips, updated decals, LEDs, updated light cycles and recognizer, etc. It will be different than the LE. But I don't think Stern will hold back new, improved features just to make sure the LE is the best model. The LE will still be the LE (400) and the Vault will be different (but likely better)

#9253 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

not a remake, a proper full-feature contemporary sequel. Or at the very least, take The Walking Dead and redo it as Bad Cats II.

Wow...you must really like cats.

#9254 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

When you buy an LE, you expect it to be "Limited". So my point is, a Tron VE should be a DMD display and a Pro only form. No ramp lights, but maybe factory LEDs throughout.

Stern don’t give a sh*t about the value of the original LE except that it’s proof of demand. They also don’t give a sh*t about preserving features or not improving on the game. They’ve changed and improved vaults before. Spiderman, Acdc Luci, Ironman.

Introducing a Premium Tron just brings it in line with the current 3 tiered model. Of course it won’t get the polished armour or the limited name but all gameplay features are fair game.

Having said that, I seriously doubt they’ll go further and introduce an lcd just because it’s a lot of extra work.

#9255 3 years ago

What have we seen vaulted? Ironman, Star Trek, Spider-Man, are there any others?

Either way if you believe Stern would have vaulted those titles before Tron your mad! LEs where selling for what 10k plus a couple years back, if Stern could have re released then surely they would have done? If not then surely they would have at least done it by now?

#9256 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What have we seen vaulted? Ironman, Star Trek, Spider-Man, are there any others?
Either way if you believe Stern would have vaulted those titles before Tron your mad! LEs where selling for what 10k plus a couple years back, if Stern could have re released then surely they would have done? If not then surely they would have at least done it by now?

ACDC

#9257 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

You forgot to mention the best thing .
Ruby Roundhouse . Ooh yeah !
[quoted image]

I did mention the man killer

#9258 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m assuming it’s either license or the hassle of going back to Whitestar.

#9259 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m assuming it’s either license or the hassle of going back to Whitestar.

Pretty sure Tron is a SAM game rather than Whitestar.

#9260 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

You're sure, because you are correct.

Whitestar is LOTR.

#9261 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

You’re right. Must have been thinking of the LOTR.

So that just leaves license.

Disney are probably not the easiest to work with. But Stern does have a history with them.

#9262 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

IF (and that is a BIG IF) TRON VE is remade, it has a very good chance of being more desirable than the LE. Stern may feel that to do the best VE that they can they may use an LCD and movie clips, updated decals, LEDs, updated light cycles and recognizer, etc. It will be different than the LE. But I don't think Stern will hold back new, improved features just to make sure the LE is the best model. The LE will still be the LE (400) and the Vault will be different (but likely better)

Don't know why people keep fantasizing about vaults with extensive upgrades. The whole point of the vault to Stern is convenience and making a quick buck. They might make some minor tweeks or improvements, but not the kind of redesign you're talking about. By their definition, that's not even a vault. They also tried the somewhat-improved vault with Spiderman. The extra investment didn't pay off, so not likely to do that again and even way less likely to do more than that.

However, not saying they couldn't do what you're talking about, and not saying it wouldn't be popular. They kind of took that approach with Batman '66: an extensively redesigned and improved BDK, but it's not a vault, it's a new release.

But, I suspect it's way more likely potential Tron and LOTR re-releases would be closer to the originals (vault editions) rather than redesigns ala Batman '66.

Quoted from J85M:

Either way if you believe Stern would have vaulted those titles before Tron your mad!

Actually, if you understand the vault choice is about convenience to build and making a quick buck, ST was an obvious choice. At risk of strain, I'll pat myself on the back, cause I did indeed believe Stern would vault that after Luci:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-v161-bugs/page/7#post-4341731

#9263 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Also GOT and they are running BM66 at the end of the year.

All these are if you consider a vault anything that is out of production being made.

#9264 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

If they were ever to do one, they would do the extra mile, hopefully Stern execs know all that stuff. And if it happens, chances are they need to wait for one year or two so they ride out their current commitments to existing licenses, to benefit from Tron 3 if it ever comes (looks promising), the opening of Disneyland's Tron attraction, etc. There's still a pandemic going on, so Stern undoubtedly had limited capacity..
And do check out the noise about Tron 3!
[quoted image]

What would make you believe Stern will go the extra mile?

#9265 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Just give it a multi ball .
It's a Williams game so I don't think Stern would do it

Obv being a license from Williams won't stop Stern since they did BKSOR. Please no bad cats ii though lol.

#9266 3 years ago

Superman 1960's TV theme

#9267 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Metallica....twice i think actually

#9268 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure you got my point. Yes, the whole idea of a VE is based on resale value of Pros and Premiums. If the price is high, that means the market is ripe for a VE. What is does to the value of the older games makes no difference because there was no perceive promise. Not the same thing as an LE though. When you buy an LE, you expect it to be "Limited". So my point is, a Tron VE should be a DMD display and a Pro only form. No ramp lights, but maybe factory LEDs throughout.

Stern can go multiple ways including a SLE.

And by the way when I bought my Munsters LE it was limited 500. Then they switched to 600.

I emailed Stern (all of the management) and they kindly pointed out that they can change their mind. Nothing is guaranteed.

And Tron LE is so long ago I am sure Stern could care less if some cash can be made. We can all say Tron LE buyers will no longer buy Stern but this is a laugh. Everyone says that about everything (Stern has crap playfields but people continue to buy sight unseen!)

With that said, I think they would wait on Tron until the supposedly 3rd movie comes out.

#9269 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What would make you believe Stern will go the extra mile?

Because I know they have talked about exactly that. I had been writing to Stern recently about trying to find a Tron.. then, someone told me on another forum they had some insider's info about Tron VE that was indeed coming.. so, I wrote back to Stern to be added to their waiting list.. I guess some execs were not having a busy week, or maybe they got tired of me writing to them, but they actually replied and cc'd a bunch of other folks from inside Stern. Big organizations are all alike, sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, so I got the feeling that one section of Stern was kind of asking about Tron VE as well.

I got some sort of a reply saying they knew how Tron was big out there, and knew about its reselling value. They also know about that Tron 3 may come. It's a Disney license that they have, those don't go around cheap and it's kind of a privilege to have. So nobody said no about doing a Tron at one point, but probably not the vault people expect. Fact is, they were kind of saying that the VE stuff may never be done again because it was almost as much work than actually creating a new game.

My understanding is that they wouldn't do a Tron before way later, especially because Stern had other great licenses to exploit, great titles coming, and that they were currently behind production and backordered. I have no idea what they meant when they said that whatever was coming up shortly was already sold out anyway. And that they were just fulfilling orders at this point.

But they ended by saying that if it ever happen, it would be modernized with spike (I have no idea what it means) and that it would stand up to the more recent games we've seen.

#9270 3 years ago

Sorry guys... they are running a Munsters Vault.

#9271 3 years ago

Love to see a Zeppelin pin be made.
Wonder Woman would be fantastic simply because she’s smokin’ hot.
Where are the hot chicks in pinball? What happened?

#9272 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Don’t know if this qualifies as a vault but they did Star Wars comic edition.

#9273 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Sorry guys... they are running a Munsters Vault.

LOL

Oh wait - with new code?

#9274 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Were that to happen the value of the original games will be crushed. The prices of an original LEs will go from $12K to $6K overnight.

Anyone buying pinball machines as investments needs to talk to a financial advisor. Sure it’s fun owning a machine that’s worth more than you paid for it, but anyone looking at it as anything more than a novelty is a fool.

If you are using pins as investments, the only way to do it is to buy LEs and leave them in the box for years or buy super rare machines and not play them. What’s the fun in that???

#9275 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Metallica....twice i think actually

AC/DC has had so many versions, surely one was a vault. Iron Man has been vaulted 2-3 times already.

People thinking they want TSPPve, LOTRve and TRONve should buy one second hand, sooner rather than later. Stern might actually vault Mustang, KISS or TWD comic version.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9276 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

AC/DC has had so many versions, surely one was a vault. Iron Man has been vaulted 2-3 times already.
People thinking they want TSPPve, LOTRve and TRONve should buy a second hand pin, sooner rather than later. Stern might actually vault Mustang, KISS or TWD comic version.

With Stern’s current playfield issues why would anyone buy a vault over an original? Buy a mint HUO original and in most cases the playfield will be solid with a great clear-coat, plus you probably save a few grand in the process, win win.

#9277 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

People thinking they want TSPPve, LOTRve and TRONve should buy one second hand, sooner rather than later. Stern might actually vault Mustang, KISS or TWD comic version.

They made Pro and Premium Vaults in AC/DC

#9278 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

With Stern’s current playfield issues why would anyone buy a vault over an original? Buy the originals and in most cases the playfield will be solid with a great clearcoat!

Any word on how the turtles play fields are going .

#9279 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

Any word on how the turtles play fields are going .

Not great according to the owners thread and playfield issues thread.

#9280 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Anyone buying pinball machines as investments needs to talk to a financial advisor. Sure it’s fun owning a machine that’s worth more than you paid for it, but anyone looking at it as anything more than a novelty is a fool.
If you are using pins as investments, the only way to do it is to buy LEs and leave them in the box for years or buy super rare machines and not play them. What’s the fun in that???

Heard various versions of this a million times on here. I'd argue anyone who doesn't consider resale value seriously, especially with a big collection, is the bigger fool.

#9281 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Love to see a Zeppelin pin be made.
Wonder Woman would be fantastic simply because she’s smokin’ hot.
Where are the hot chicks in pinball? What happened?

Times changed. Just go retro. They are still available.

#9282 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Heard various versions of this a million times on here. I'd argue anyone who doesn't consider resale value seriously, especially with a big collection, is the bigger fool.

I’m going to do it....

It’s like cars - there are some that will be more valuable than when you bought them but not many. Especially if you drive them like you should.

#9283 3 years ago

If there would be another Tron it will coincide with the new release Disney is supposedly planning. All new movie material that would tie in well with the video display in the current platform.
A Tron Vault with only new cab decals maybe some new molded light cycle toys with old platform. No lighted ramps cause this will piss off LE owners.
I would rather see a Kiss vault or TWD Comic.

#9284 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

If there would be another Tron it will coincide with the new release Disney is supposedly planning.

Why? What is the history of this?

#9285 3 years ago

Actually, I seem to have some recollection that stern did a sort of vault of tron in 2013. Called second edition or something. Am I just out of my mind? Can someone confirm?

#9286 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Actually, I seem to have some recollection that stern did a sort of vault of tron in 2013. Called second edition or something. Am I just out of my mind? Can someone confirm?

Thats not a vault, just another run of a license they have/game in production
Edit: the one with the new 2 chicks translite?

#9287 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Resale and investment are two different things. I think we are lucky that in most cases, you might only spend $500 to own a games and play it for years, then turn around and sell it. They do hold value...

#9288 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Resale and investment are two different things. I think we are lucky that in most cases, you might only spend $500 to own a games and play it for years, then turn around and sell it. They do hold value...

Agree 100%...nothing better than having a savings account you can have fun with and still count on 80%-120% of your savings bank

#9289 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

And a third and a fourth.

#9290 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Totally, but the point was that you should definitely consider and care about resale in any hobby. When I first got in, I considered most of my W/B pins as investments, and they are easily up 35% still to this day. My IMDN LE is going to set me back 2.5k, or 20%. My DILE will be the same. In the end, I'll likely come out slightly ahead or even, and this is how I want to keep it. I won't buy any more NIB games because of this.

I can easily afford to lose money, but why on earth would I voluntarily do so?

#9291 3 years ago

Had an oddball thought. What if Stern was putting out a Volume 2 for GOTG?

GOTG has been a solid seller (heck they are still doing small batches of Pros...3 years on) and the machine is fairly universally loved.

#9292 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My IMDN LE is going to set me back 2.5k, or 20%. My DILE will be the same.

Sure, I can understand that DILE was a losing investment, but IMDN LE? They seem to be holding value pretty well. You must have paid way too much for it in order to lose 2.5K on the deal?

#9293 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

And a third and a fourth.

Just different translites.. if I remember, they used the original 3D translite from the LE on the first run of the PRO, then the others came out with the girls, etc.. doesn't make them VE..

#9294 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Totally, but the point was that you should definitely consider and care about resale in any hobby. When I first got in, I considered most of my W/B pins as investments, and they are easily up 35% still to this day. My IMDN LE is going to set me back 2.5k, or 20%. My DILE will be the same. In the end, I'll likely come out slightly ahead or even, and this is how I want to keep it. I won't buy any more NIB games because of this.
I can easily afford to lose money, but why on earth would I voluntarily do so?

Sterns lack of concern on many issues has become a selling point for earlier Sterns (pre Spike) and B/W machines.

Rightfully so as the investment company making Stern decisions has been quick to cut and quicker to increase pricing. JJP not able to compete in numbers or new titles along with their own QC issues hasn’t helped. Prices of secondary market show a strong saturation point of new pins with renewed desire for wanted themes and high grade builds.

#9295 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Just different translites.. if I remember, they used the original 3D translite from the LE on the first run of the PRO, then the others came out with the girls, etc.. doesn't make them VE..

That‘s like... your opinion, man.

#9296 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That‘s like... your opinion, man.

Lol, it's not an opinion, it's a fact. They didn't rename it or anything. Then just went with decals instead of stencil, and changed the translite which was probably cheaper to produce than the original 3D version..
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=5682

#9299 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, I'm wondering what makes people think the pin would coincide with the movie

I don't think people are all saying that, it's just that it makes sense when a movie comes out for derivative products to be available.. kind of take advantage ot the publicity, etc..

But what do we know! Lol A lot of people are thinking a vaulted Tron would be a great idea, and that Disney should have made that Tron 3 a long while ago. Yet nothing has happened! Sometimes it just makes too much sense..

#9300 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I don't think people are all saying that, it's just that it makes sense when a movie comes out for derivative products to be available.. kind of take advantage ot the publicity, etc...

It's a good theory but if you look up Stern release dates I don't think it's that common. I wonder how much access Stern has with a movie pre-release?
They have to know the story before incorporating it into the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

There are 46,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/186?hl=blacksun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.