maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 940.
#9201 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Desire:
TRON Pro: 618 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than currently HAVE it in their collection)
TRON LE: 480 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than owners - even more than Stern MADE)
Used Cost: (with some wiggle room)
TRON PRO average is 8K (~3K over NIB at release)
TRON LE average is 10-12K (~5K over NIB at release)
Threads:
TRON Vault is by far the number 1 requested vault. This is rather obvious based on it showing up so often in threads (even this one). By using Pinside Search it appears to have the highest number of related posts - even more than LOTR.
Based on that info it would appear to be far more than 100 screaming pinball fans...
I would say hundreds (not 100) would likely buy a TRON vault.

Super interesting angle, yup, that's how the market felt around Tron, but you've done some digging and it is what it is, regardless the movie was a hit or not. There's definitely some huge interest in Tron because of the theme. The Shadow movie sucked eggs, but I wouldn't trade my Shadow away.. there's something about it, dunno, my gf and me clicked with it! And no, it's not because of Alec in the case of my gf! Lol

#9202 3 years ago

Guys, the enthusiasm is great and all. However, all these thoughts about vaults and anniversary's of movies/roller-coasters/games etc are not likely to point to anything at all. Listen to the interviews with the guys in charge. George Gomez spoke specifically about these things in his last interview. They will do it if it makes business sense. They know the market better than anyone on here quoting random facts.

#9203 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Guys, the enthusiasm is great and all. However, all these thoughts about vaults and anniversary's of movies/roller-coasters/games etc are not likely to point to anything at all. Listen to the interviews with the guys in charge. George Gomez spoke specifically about these things in his last interview. They will do it if it makes business sense. They know the market better than anyone on here quoting random facts.

We know that! But this is fun stuff! You wanna talk about the weather or do small talk? Nice and warm here in Ottawa, trying to drag my gf into the pool. There! Lol

#9204 3 years ago

Anyhow, anyone knows what other licenses Stern may have? Other than their current line of products.. is this something they announce sometimes?

#9205 3 years ago

Cause', Avatar is coming and it will be a big thing for the next few years, so..

#9206 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Cause', Avatar is coming and it will be a big thing for the next few years, so..

Which one...Avatar 2, 3, 4 or 5? They have one scheduled every two years. Plenty of time to fit one in somewhere between now and 2028!

#9207 3 years ago

I suggested the new Jumanji’s because:

1) Dwayne - the smoulder
2) there are 4 characters just like tmnt
3) they all have different powers allowing levelling
4) Rhys Darby as the narrator would be awesome!
5) more adult than tmnt for all those people who have no inner child
6) 2 movies so far... maybe a third?
7) it’s got the man killer
8) people explode from eating cake
9) it’s based on video games from the 80s and 90s
10) it has the concept of 3 lives - perfect for balls left.
11) perfect balance of action and comedy
12) family friendly
13) Dwayne Johnson would be up for it.

#9208 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

But it so fun to dream!

#9209 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It won't be Tron, lol, unfortunately. And I'm dazzled at how many people jumped that Jaws' boat (s'cuse the pun!). Stern would definitely need a bigger marketing boat to sell this. I loved that movie, but how many people have watched it in full more than twice? Raise your hand you few, you happy few? Lol

211 times.

#9210 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I loved that movie, but how many people have watched it in full more than twice? Raise your hand you few, you happy few? Lol

Over 10 fo sho

#9211 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It won't be Tron, lol, unfortunately. And I'm dazzled at how many people jumped that Jaws' boat (s'cuse the pun!). Stern would definitely need a bigger marketing boat to sell this. I loved that movie, but how many people have watched it in full more than twice? Raise your hand you few, you happy few? Lol

Many times and again tomorrow night!!

#9212 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Desire:
TRON PRO average is 8K (~3K over NIB at release)

8000 average cost for a Tron Pro? You know that just isn't true. A bone stock Tron Pro fetches around 5600 and 6500 heavily modded. I also think it was around 4200 NIB If I remember correctly.

All the Pins that got vaulted that were low 4k NIB got priced at 5700 NIB and it hurt sales to some degree. Do you want a NIB GOT for 5700 or you want one from when there were less playfield issues for less than 5000.

I don't think a stock Tron would be insanely desirable at current NIB prices.

#9213 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

8000 average cost for a Tron Pro? You know that just isn't true. A bone stock Tron Pro fetches around 5600 and 6500 heavily modded. I also think it was around 4200 NIB If I remember correctly.
All the Pins that got vaulted that were low 4k NIB got priced at 5700 NIB and it hurt sales to some degree. Do you want a NIB GOT for 5700 or you want one from when there were less playfield issues for less than 5000.

Someone just sold four NIB Tron Pros, asking price was $9500 each. I think there is absolutely a market for a Tron Pro Vault for $5700.

#9214 3 years ago

Yet no one will buy a HUO stock TRON Pro on the Pinside for 6300 OBO. People will pay crazy prices for original NIB pins.

#9215 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yet no one will buy a HUO stock TRON Pro on the Pinside for 6300 OBO. People will pay crazy prices for original NIB puns.

I would, but you know, Canadian dollar versus US, taxes, import fees..

#9216 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yet no one will buy a HUO stock TRON Pro on the Pinside for 6300 OBO. People will pay crazy prices for original NIB puns.

Myself don't need NiB.. I guess it's like a new car, lol, everything perfect..

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9217 3 years ago

..that number looks fishy..lol

rihanna-hbsmjpg-9f8fbd2c5844013a (resized).jpgrihanna-hbsmjpg-9f8fbd2c5844013a (resized).jpg
#9218 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Puns or Pins?

#9219 3 years ago

Tron will happen again, it's a when, not an if....and also what form we'll see it in. Stock Vault or something extra.

#9220 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Tron will happen again, it's a when, not an if....and also what form we'll see it in. Stock Vault or something extra.

...I’m sorry for this question fellas, but when they do those "Vault" it’s just Premiums and PRO, just PRO’s or L.E.s as well?...

#9221 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...I’m sorry for this question fellas, but when they do those "Vault" it’s just Premiums and PRO, just PRO’s or L.E.s as well?...

Stern vowed to not re-release any specifically LE’s as “Vaulted” games. This is subjective and completely my opinion ...However take A/C D/C Back In Black aka BIBLE... great looking pin no doubt, but I think A/C D/C LUCI version artwork is much more cosmetically pleasing (And no not just because of Hellen’s rack... which ain’t a bad place to be). They also added the swinging bell to the Pro’s.

The point is that Stern can make a re-make / Vault however they please but will make it ever so slightly different than the original game titles LE’s to keep those people who purchased those LE titles content that their LE is unique.

I can totally see them doing that with a Tron “PREMIUM” / Vault Edition... lighting the ramps, moving recognizer, blue dmd or color dmd, possibly artwork tweak albeit backglass etc but perhaps no chrome trim, no extra mode... keeping their promise to the LE customers.

#9222 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Stern vowed to not re-release any specifically LE’s as “Vaulted” games. This is subjective and completely my opinion ...However take A/C D/C Back In Black aka BIBLE... great looking pin no doubt, but I think A/C D/C LUCI version artwork is much more cosmetically pleasing (And no not just because of Hellen’s rack... which ain’t a bad place to be). They also added the swinging bell to the Pro’s.
The point is that Stern can make a re-make / Vault however they please but will make it ever so slightly different than the original game titles LE’s to keep those people who purchased those LE titles content that their LE is unique.
I can totally see them doing that with a Tron “PREMIUM” / Vault Edition... lighting the ramps, moving recognizer, blue dmd or color dmd, possibly artwork tweak albeit backglass etc but perhaps no chrome trim, no extra mode... keeping their promise to the LE customers.

...thank you Mrclean!

#9223 3 years ago

Whatever they come out with Stern is on a roll !!! Mary Poppins, Fatso, Gigly, Ugly kid Joe whatever they only have to reach a few thousand people who want something new and this tread is testament to that .Sit back make a drink it’s coming whatever it is and the pin heads will pounce on it !!

#9224 3 years ago

By the way does anyone know if stern armor from early pins like 2007 fit the newer pins and vice versa?

#9225 3 years ago
biff (resized).jpgbiff (resized).jpg
#9226 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

..that number looks fishy..lol[quoted image]

Back in 1979 when cable was new, we had the Starz channel. Back to back looping of Jaws the entire summer, 24/7. Watched at least once a day for 2 months that summer. Crazy times.

#9227 3 years ago

My shitty college band sampled a line from Jaws which is now burned into my brain. But I still haven't seen the film.

#9228 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

But I still haven't seen the film.

Wait, what.....?

#9229 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Back in 1979 when cable was new, we had the Starz channel. Back to back looping of Jaws the entire summer, 24/7. Watched at least once a day for 2 months that summer. Crazy times.

Sounds like you had “One Crazy Summer” which ironically had JAWS reference in the movie...

5A3AE565-96B2-4039-BD5D-83F4F5235F7D (resized).jpeg5A3AE565-96B2-4039-BD5D-83F4F5235F7D (resized).jpegC53C5971-70DB-4231-8B87-8EC0A595A64F (resized).jpegC53C5971-70DB-4231-8B87-8EC0A595A64F (resized).jpeg
#9230 3 years ago

Yeah, One Crazy Summer,

With Zilla and Jaws references, lol

#9231 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah, One Crazy Summer,
With Zilla and Jaws references, lol

Stern could hit two birds with one stone If they did one crazy summer.

#9232 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Demand is questionable when plenty take a while to sell in marketplace. It's not like these regularly get snatched up in an instant at insane prices. No doubt Stern would charge premium money for any Tron vault. If it has a dmd and very few upgrades, that's a tough sell imo. You would have to be a pretty dedicated fan to walk pass games like TMNT and JP to buy Tron vault for more money.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9233 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

... You would have to be a pretty dedicated fan to walk pass games like TMNT and JP to buy Tron vault for more money.

That's actually a really good point.
I am one who'd be interested in a Tron VE, due in part cause I feel like I missed out on a great game - deciding between my first NIB I bought an X-Men instead of Tron. However, with some of the recent games it would be much harder decision to pick Tron over DP, JP, IMDN, etc.

#9234 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

That's actually a really good point.
I am one who'd be interested in a Tron VE, due in part cause I feel like I missed out on a great game - deciding between my first NIB I bought an X-Men instead of Tron. However, with some of the recent games it would be much harder decision to pick Tron over DP, JP, IM, etc.

That was my point but jawjaw stated it more directly. Every year there are better and better LCD Sterns. We are reaching a saturation point where people won't want to own as many older pins the 3rd or 4th time as the price creeps higher to a new Stern. When the price is the same it gets even more difficult.

You want a Congo again or the new Keith Elwin?

#9235 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

That was my point but jawjaw stated it more directly. Every year there are better and better LCD Sterns. We are reaching a saturation point where people won't want to own as many older pins the 3rd or 4th time as the price creeps higher to a new Stern. When the price is the same it gets even more difficult.
You want a Congo again or the new Keith Elwin?

So will Stern recognise this and go the extra mile and make everyone want the new improved Tron or just re-hash the red DMD Pro with a new translite?

#9236 3 years ago

Whatever would make more profit. So do you think a new improved Tron that you'd have to invest money to make would sell more games than a re-hash of the already popular red DMD Pro that they wouldn't need to invest more money?

Quoted from ahdelarge:

So will Stern recognise this and go the extra mile and make everyone want the new improved Tron or just re-hash the red DMD Pro with a new translite?

#9237 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

If they were ever to do one, they would do the extra mile, hopefully Stern execs know all that stuff. And if it happens, chances are they need to wait for one year or two so they ride out their current commitments to existing licenses, to benefit from Tron 3 if it ever comes (looks promising), the opening of Disneyland's Tron attraction, etc. There's still a pandemic going on, so Stern undoubtedly had limited capacity..

And do check out the noise about Tron 3!

SinfulAbsoluteAoudad-size_restricted (resized).pngSinfulAbsoluteAoudad-size_restricted (resized).png
#9238 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I suggested the new Jumanji’s because:
1) Dwayne - the smoulder
2) there are 4 characters just like tmnt
3) they all have different powers allowing levelling
4) Rhys Darby as the narrator would be awesome!
5) more adult than tmnt for all those people who have no inner child
6) 2 movies so far... maybe a third?
7) it’s got the man killer
8) people explode from eating cake
9) it’s based on video games from the 80s and 90s
10) it has the concept of 3 lives - perfect for balls left.
11) perfect balance of action and comedy
12) family friendly
13) Dwayne Johnson would be up for it.

You forgot to mention the best thing .
Ruby Roundhouse . Ooh yeah !

IMG_20200815_013743 (resized).jpgIMG_20200815_013743 (resized).jpg
#9239 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

the opening of Disneyland's Tron attraction,
[quoted image]

#9240 3 years ago
Quoted from BazilBLast:

You forgot to mention the best thing .
Ruby Roundhouse . Ooh yeah !
[quoted image]

That's the best argument right there, Jumanji = very nice side art!

#9241 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Super excited to see what Stern does with TRON Vault!

(IF THEY DO IT)

#9242 3 years ago

Tron VE is a difficult proposal because of possible effects on the exclusiveness and price of the original LEs. Tron came out before the Pro/Premium/LE standard had been set and by today's rules it is more like a Premium than an LE IMO. As soon as you add the factory lit ramps and moving finder, you have basically moved into an area that is questionable. Not to mention the suggestion to go with SPIKE and add LCD display. Were that to happen the value of the original games will be crushed. The prices of an original LEs will go from $12K to $6K overnight.

#9243 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Someone just sold four NIB Tron Pros, asking price was $9500 each. I think there is absolutely a market for a Tron Pro Vault for $5700.

Really when was this? That would have been cool to document... oh wait was that back when Zach from The pinball company did a unboxing?

#9244 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Tron VE is a difficult proposal because of possible effects on the exclusiveness and price of the original LEs. Tron came out before the Pro/Premium/LE standard had been set and by today's rules it is more like a Premium than an LE IMO. As soon as you add the factory lit ramps and moving finder, you have basically moved into an area that is questionable. Not to mention the suggestion to go with SPIKE and add LCD display. Were that to happen the value of the original games will be crushed. The prices of an original LEs will go from $12K to $6K overnight.

Stern doesn't have to ensure the value of older machines creeps up, then that they keep said value, does it? If you buy a Premium or LE, you're paying for the extra perks, nothing more. I didn't sign an exclusive agreement with anyone when I got my last Premium.. it doesn't say 'Stern promises to NOT release anything that may jeopardize said future value of the game you've just purchased...'

#9245 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Really when was this? That would have been cool to document... oh wait was that back when Zach from The pinball company did a unboxing?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/epic-haul-today

#9246 3 years ago

Yeah - you can see those NIB TRONs getting a shit ton of attention and inquiries. Gems to be sure!

Instead of a NIB TRON Pro for 10K, I would prefer a TRON VE for 7K (or so)

#9247 3 years ago

it's important for us to remind Stern that Bad Cats II is just sitting there, ready to make them millions...

#9248 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

it's important for us to remind Stern that Bad Cats II is just sitting there, ready to make them millions...

Just give it a multi ball .
It's a Williams game so I don't think Stern would do it + some people would get offended by upskirting of the sexy lady on the back box .
meow meow meow

#9249 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stern doesn't have to ensure the value of older machines creeps up, then that they keep said value, does it? If you buy a Premium or LE, you're paying for the extra perks, nothing more. I didn't sign an exclusive agreement with anyone when I got my last Premium.. it doesn't say 'Stern promises to NOT release anything that may jeopardize said future value of the game you've just purchased...'

Not sure you got my point. Yes, the whole idea of a VE is based on resale value of Pros and Premiums. If the price is high, that means the market is ripe for a VE. What is does to the value of the older games makes no difference because there was no perceive promise. Not the same thing as an LE though. When you buy an LE, you expect it to be "Limited". So my point is, a Tron VE should be a DMD display and a Pro only form. No ramp lights, but maybe factory LEDs throughout.

#9250 3 years ago

I want Charles in charge of me

15816C1F-B7E2-45A6-8A43-A3801287792E.jpeg15816C1F-B7E2-45A6-8A43-A3801287792E.jpeg26A17363-692A-4847-B596-82C4DA9E0EA7.jpeg26A17363-692A-4847-B596-82C4DA9E0EA7.jpegB53961DB-938A-4273-BF2F-0F4B0F0CD595.jpegB53961DB-938A-4273-BF2F-0F4B0F0CD595.jpegCB8D422F-4284-403A-AB7A-3CFDF5A67911.pngCB8D422F-4284-403A-AB7A-3CFDF5A67911.pngD95E364F-49CA-4FC9-A658-29A7993AB334.jpegD95E364F-49CA-4FC9-A658-29A7993AB334.jpegDD87318B-1FAB-4608-B692-719A2D8D4510.jpegDD87318B-1FAB-4608-B692-719A2D8D4510.jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,282 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
There are 46,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/185?hl=rhaegal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.