balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 923.
#9151 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

So i've been coming into this thread and seeing a lot of Jaws talk. Of course, great, great film. I've been trying to think about how that theme would work...
So would it be similar to Jurassic Park, where you're navigating around an island, but instead, you're navigating across the ocean? Lots and lots of ocean. Looking for a shark. One shark. Or maybe different sea creatures, but then, it isn't really Jaws anymore.
But then I thought, well, I guess the story can take place in the town by the ocean. Maybe there's a mode where you fight the mayor over closing the beach? Or maybe a mode where you argue with your wife and if you hit enough shots and you win the mode, it says "OUT TO SEA!"
Maybe there's a mode where you hit shots and you can help Quint finish "Spanish Ladies" by helping him pound down those Narragansett beers.
...or maybe you play as the Shark and just eat people and other things for points.

I like the last one. Be Jaws!

#9152 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Funny how random posts can create pages of excitement.
It's 100% not Jaws. So calm ya farm.

Shut up, idiot....OH HEY RYZA!

Is it Tron? Is it Tron? Say it's Tron. It's definitely Tron isn't it!? Is it Tron?

#9153 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

All I know is that despite its seemingly good gameplay, at my age, if I had TMNT in my basement my wife and kids would put me away.

Can totally relate. I’d need a Bugs Bunny to sit right next to it... and maybe a Popeye as well!

#9154 3 years ago

Watching original Jaws is the cinema was great in the 1970s...
I remember everyone screaming blue murder!
People in those days actually thought it was possible sharks chased people in boats and were 30ft long.
Nowadays I still watch it but that big rubber shark eating the boat, then eating helicopters in Jaws II! Get the fcuk out of here
It’s the nostalgia I guess why people want it so bad in a pin, it had great actors in the original but I’m not sure it will translate well but worth a go ....
Again, if it has teeth, extinct, scales, green or fishy then Stern will probably give it a punt.

#9155 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

What you are forgetting is that there was no premium version back then, so there is no problem with Stern releasing a premium version with all the LE bells and whistles. This has been said before by Stern.

I don't think it's that easy to bring a Tron without a full redesign. Stern wouldn't have the parts, the CPU would need to be changed, retooling of assembly line, etc. Then they would need to bring something new to it, probably redo the graphics, playfield..

It's not as if Stern would have kept tons of NIB parts and components and just needed to assemble them. So, a full redesign would be in order.. why would they indeed, instead of doing a different game that is either more current or has an historical following (say, music groups), IMO..

Btw, myself I'm am not that crazy to see yet another music group title (haters will hate me for saying), we've just seen great titles such as ACDC being pulled out by the seller because there was no interest, so I may not be the only one which feels that way. And I've been looking all over (yeah, been bugging people a lot, I know) for a Tron that is reasonably affordable in Canada. And when I mean reasonable, Tron has increased in value more than quite a few games out there. So add toys and mods to the mix, then it's not that affordable anymore. And yet, the argument that Stern won't make a Tron VE because there are already games available out there on the resellers market doesn't stand up to paying $11000 USD for some Tron LE, or $6700 USD for a somewhat modded PRO. Convert USD to CAD, and Canadians will see my point..

#9156 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Watching original Jaws is the cinema was great in the 1970s...
I remember everyone screaming blue murder!
People in those days actually thought it was possible sharks chased people in boats and were 30ft long.
Nowadays I still watch it but that big rubber shark eating the boat, then eating helicopters in Jaws II! Get the fcuk out of here
It’s the nostalgia I guess why people want it so bad in a pin, it had great actors in the original but I’m not sure it will translate well but worth a go ....
Again, if it has teeth, extinct, scales, green or fishy then Stern will probably give it a punt.

So, replace the JP T-Rex with the mouth of Jaws, it would make it a new pin people will need to get? Even the 'dum, dum, dum, dum, dum background music won't help with the rapid pace of some good gameplay..lol

#9157 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Shut up, idiot....OH HEY RYZA!

Is it Tron? Is it Tron? Say it's Tron. It's definitely Tron isn't it!? Is it Tron?

It won't be Tron, lol, unfortunately. And I'm dazzled at how many people jumped that Jaws' boat (s'cuse the pun!). Stern would definitely need a bigger marketing boat to sell this. I loved that movie, but how many people have watched it in full more than twice? Raise your hand you few, you happy few? Lol

#9158 3 years ago

And France called, they'd like a Jerry Lewis Premium!!!

#9159 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I loved that movie, but how many people have watched it in full more than twice? Raise your hand you few, you happy few?

I would bet I have watched it at least 20 times, maybe 30... I would guess I am not the only one.

#9160 3 years ago

Skip the license.
Go original.
You could make a News channel pin.
With different areas being breaking events: fire, flood, weatherman multiball.

Why not something without.

Bad Cats II = Krazzzzie Kitties

#9161 3 years ago

Any chance the new Marvel would be Black Widow... movie coming out and as someone mentioned, appealing more to the female audience?

EDIT: My bad, looks like it has already been brought up.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

...Tron has increased in value more than quite a few games out there.

Curious as to what other modern games have had an increase in value comparable to Tron.

#9162 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I would bet I have watched it at least 20 times, maybe 30... I would guess I am not the only one.

Lol, the shark gets it at the end, spoiler! But seriously, that movie then does something for you, the music, the acting and how it was masterfully put together by Spielberg. So, yeah, you must not be the only one that has watched that movie many times during your lifetime, but how many of those people will also jump at the chance of forking out $7000 on a Jaws, sure it will be sold out rapidly and back ordered. But so will be any title put out by Stern. I'm just putting out there that Stern execs may want to invest in a sure thing, something that will be easy to market, and not just with movie officiandos in mind.

Star Wars has toys, movies, fanbase, etc. It has Legos by the truckload. Same with Marvel. Music groups have their epic songs that will go on forever and will be discovered through time. Jaws is a movie based on a good book. Doesn't mean I don't like it, and that I wouldn't want to play a Jaws. But buying it would be a tougher sell in my case. Again, it's just me.

#9163 3 years ago

And when is the ETA for Jaws? Haha! Next release soon?

#9164 3 years ago

Just like POTC is in almost every single arcade, mini golf, pizza place and many other public places at every beach on both coasts so would Jaws.

#9165 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Jaws is a movie based on a good book

Actually I have to disagree with you in that. Benchley’s book (for that matter, any of his books) is not even remotely of the calibre of the movie adaptation. But it is a movie masterpiece.

#9166 3 years ago

Jaws could make for a great game, but could also be a terrible game.

The movie is about some guys going fishing, and it’s a masterpiece. As with all things, it’s about the various elements brought together. It’s the same reason we’re still talking about a 45 year old movie.

If the game is legit coming, hopefully Stern takes those great elements and pulls them together. If it’s just another rumor, then we get to do this again next year.

#9167 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Tron has increased in value more than quite a few games out there. So add toys and mods to the mix, then it's not that affordable anymore. And yet, the argument that Stern won't make a Tron VE because there are already games available out there on the resellers market doesn't stand up to paying $11000 USD for some Tron LE, or $6700 USD for a somewhat modded PRO. Convert USD to CAD, and Canadians will see my point..

ebay.com link: Tron Limited Edition LE Pinball Machine By Stern Free Shipping Mods

For God's sake, vault the damn thing please....

#9168 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Jaws could make for a great game, but could also be a terrible game.

Yup, just like any other theme. Impossible to tell.

#9169 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I don't think it's that easy to bring a Tron without a full redesign. Stern wouldn't have the parts, the CPU would need to be changed, retooling of assembly line, etc. Then they would need to bring something new to it, probably redo the graphics, playfield..
It's not as if Stern would have kept tons of NIB parts and components and just needed to assemble them. So, a full redesign would be in order.. why would they indeed, instead of doing a different game that is either more current or has an historical following (say, music groups), IMO..

Nothing needs to be changed... Iron-Man and Spider-Man had a re-run as Vault. Both games are older as Tron.
Spider-Man did get a new comic art package for DMD, playfield and cabinet.
Iron-Man just got some new cabinet decals.
Of course there were minor tweaks like the new metal style backbox and some reinforced mechs like the magnet on Spider-Man or the auto-launch assy on Iron-Man. But most parts were 1 identical to their “initial” run years ago. They even run with Sam board sets.
So it is not as hard as some think. Stern just needs to re-new the license and call the vendors to produce the parts.

I bet a lot of people would go nuts for a Tron Vault Edition.

#9170 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Actually I have to disagree with you in that. Benchley’s book (for that matter, any of his books) is not even remotely of the calibre of the movie adaptation. But it is a movie masterpiece.

Agreed on the movie, as for the book, I used to be a sucker for those types. I'm sure reading it again (no intention of doing that, just not there anymore!) would prove you right. Then, I'd rather read Moby Dick again, a classic, but same underlaying theme..

UnfoldedBothDogfish-size_restricted.gifUnfoldedBothDogfish-size_restricted.gifUnfoldedBothDogfish-size_restricted (resized).pngUnfoldedBothDogfish-size_restricted (resized).png
#9171 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Nothing needs to be changed... Iron-Man and Spider-Man had a re-run as Vault. Both games are older as Tron.
Spider-Man did get a new comic art package for DMD, playfield and cabinet.
Iron-Man just got some new cabinet decals.
Of course there were minor tweaks like the new metal style backbox and some reinforced mechs like the magnet on Spider-Man or the auto-launch assy on Iron-Man. But most parts were 1 identical to their “initial” run years ago. They even run with Sam board sets.
So it is not as hard as some think. Stern just needs to re-new the license and call the vendors to produce the parts.
I bet a lot of people would go nuts for a Tron Vault Edition.

I certainly would go nuts! But how easy would it be to get that vault edition? I can already see 'pre-waiting' list, delays, units bring backordered..only to find out preferred customers got to them first. Then, prices magically would go up on all of them, including the older versions!

#9172 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Jumanji the new one.
West world would be cool.
Or build the heaviest pinball ever - gloomhaven.

Jumanji would be good.

I think a Harry Potter would be awesome...so much could be done there (but licensing probably not cheap).

#9173 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Jumanji would be good.
I think a Harry Potter would be awesome...so much could be done there (but licensing probably not cheap).

Jumanji would be a cool pin...new or old.

#9174 3 years ago

What marvel game theme would be coming? Captain America? Thor?

#9175 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't think a Captain America pinball will happen. His name is offensive to a lot of the world. Disney gave the option to change the title to The First Avenger over Captain America the first avenger.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9176 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Black Widow...

#9177 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I certainly would go nuts! But how easy would it be to get that vault edition? I can already see 'pre-waiting' list, delays, units bring backordered..only to find out preferred customers got to them first. Then, prices magically would go up on all of them, including the older versions!

I think stern knows TRON vault would sell very well and hopefully make enough to cover demand and not do a small run.

#9178 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

ebay.com link » Tron Limited Edition Le Pinball Machine By Stern Free Shipping Mods
For God's sake, vault the damn thing please....

Ridiculous prices.. can't wait to read about, yet, another wave of people saying that THEY can afford this, and that the ones that can't afford this should shut up and move on to another hobby..

#9179 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think stern knows TRON vault would sell very well and hopefully make enough to cover demand and not do a small run.

I can hear the cries and pleads from the different buyers that just spent $6500 to $14000 on the current line!

#9180 3 years ago

As long as we are having a moment where we could dream, my dream pinball would be a Monty Python "Holy Grail" pinball. The shrubbery multi-ball would be awesome and the bring out your dead bonuses. The thought of it all just gives me the chills.

#9181 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Stern just needs to re-new the license and call the vendors to produce the parts.

Yeah, just order another dirt-cheap batch of diecast Tron toys on closeout. Oh wait...

#9182 3 years ago

I NEED a Prince pinball, but let's wait a few years for my wife to settle down after the last purchase.

#9183 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think stern knows TRON vault would sell very well

...to the hundred or so people pouding the desk & screaming for one. Minus the half that would find some fatal flaw with the vault and not buy it after all.

#9184 3 years ago

I gave up waiting on a Tron Vault...
I think Stern would have done it by now, maybe something stopping it happening, perhaps cost of license? Then making pin same as before - Pro version, would the return be worth their while? Probably not..
Also taking up production time on the line....

#9185 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

As long as we are having a moment where we could dream, my dream pinball would be a Monty Python "Holy Grail" pinball. The shrubbery multi-ball would be awesome and the bring out your dead bonuses. The thought of it all just gives me the chills.

Thats basically what MM was designed to be.

#9186 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Skip the license.
Go original.

You mean make another Dialed In?

#9187 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Skip the license.
Go original.

Quoted from AJB4:

You mean make another Dialed In?

There's not really much of a market for original themes on new machines. That's why DI didn't sell that great. It wouldn't be a smart move on sterns part to make an original theme.

#9188 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

There's not really much of a market for original themes on new machines. That's why DI didn't sell that great. It wouldn't be a smart move on sterns part to make an original theme.

Dialed In!s theme or more how they approached it is just a turd.

There's a reason people were still dumb enough to throw money at Jpop for Raza or AiW when Magic Girl wasn't yet out and the company seemingly in trouble.
The theme, art, music and callouts on MG are an absolute winner... "only" the game is a broken turd. XD

Of course a licensed game will sell better, but threres still much room for improvement when comparing original themes to DI.

#9189 3 years ago

I think Tron IF it comes out it's without a doubt somewhere between 2020-2022.... I'm leaning towards next year 2021 for them to Vault it... Here's why:

This year 2020 which is coming to a close marks the 10th anniversary of Tron Legacy film which came out in 2010. Slim chance this year not just because time is running out but you still never know...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next year in 2021 IMO has the greatest chance of being re-released as a TRON "PREMIUM" VAULT:

-Tron Roller coaster coming to Disney World in 2021
-Disney World 50th Anniversary in 2021
-Stern Originally released Tron pinball in 2011 ... Which would mark the 10th anniversary for the pin in 2021.

2021 Would make a timely release with those Disney things & Sterns 10 year anniversary of the original Tron Pinball release.
And IMO the last chance with having those dates line up to do another Tron "Vault" or a Tron PREMIUM Vault.
*Also might try to capitalize as many sales on the Tron PREMIUM Vault (Legacy) as possible before releasing a new "Tron '82" which IMO would be in 2022.

They will possibly call it a TRON PREMIUM Vault "TPV" with likely lit ramps, minor art adjustment on say the translite or speaker area. To keep the LE existing customers happy they can omit the other daft punk extra song, thus making the LE still an LE with it being ever so slightly different. Guessing the MSRP $6995-$7995 And they will sell through them all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2022 This would be the 40th Anniversary of the original Tron film from 1982.... So It's entirely possible they might make a Tron 82' version. Totally new design / new artwork or possibly just re-theme it to match the 1982 film.

#9190 3 years ago

There was some hubbub in the news recently about the 3rd Tron film being more likely/moving forward but not fully greenlit yet.

Like so: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2552190/5-reasons-this-tron-3-news-has-us-excited

#9191 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I think Tron IF it comes out it's without a doubt somewhere between 2020-2022.... I'm leaning towards next year 2021 for them to Vault it... Here's why:
This year 2020 which is coming to a close marks the 10th anniversary of Tron Legacy film which came out in 2010. Slim chance this year not just because time is running out but you still never know...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next year in 2021 IMO has the greatest chance of being re-released as a TRON "PREMIUM" VAULT:
-Stern Originally released Tron pinball in 2011 ... Which would mark the 10th anniversary for the pin in 2021.
2021 Would make a timely release with those Disney things & Sterns 10 year anniversary of the original Tron Pinball release.
And IMO the last chance with having those dates line up to do another Tron "Vault" or a Tron PREMIUM Vault.
*Also might try to capitalize as many sales on the Tron PREMIUM Vault (Legacy) as possible before releasing a new "Tron '82" which IMO would be in 2022.
They will possibly call it a TRON PREMIUM Vault "TPV" with likely lit ramps, minor art adjustment on say the translite or speaker area. To keep the LE existing customers happy they can omit the other daft punk extra song, thus making the LE still an LE with it being ever so slightly different. Guessing the MSRP $6995-$7995 And they will sell through them all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022 This would be the 40th Anniversary of the original Tron film from 1982.... So It's entirely possible they might make a Tron 82' version. Totally new design / new artwork or possibly just re-theme it to match the 1982 film.

Please go work at Stern and make them see the cyber light!!!

#9192 3 years ago

i hope they do not made a tron vault. bad movies-both of them. 1st one too outdated, 2nd one was just bad. the game is ok and all. but the movie didn't ever do that well. i think another vault of lotr or simpsons would be better. why not walking dead?

#9193 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Only problem is Stern have never worried about anniversary events before other than their own, which tied in last minute with the anniversary of BM66.

#9194 3 years ago

Black Panther pinball?

#9195 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

...to the hundred or so people pouding the desk & screaming for one. Minus the half that would find some fatal flaw with the vault and not buy it after all.

Desire:
TRON Pro: 618 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than currently HAVE it in their collection)
TRON LE: 480 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than owners - even more than Stern MADE)

Used Cost: (with some wiggle room)
TRON PRO average is 8K (~3K over NIB at release)
TRON LE average is 10-12K (~5K over NIB at release)

Threads:
TRON Vault is by far the number 1 requested vault. This is rather obvious based on it showing up so often in threads (even this one). By using Pinside Search it appears to have the highest number of related posts - even more than LOTR.

Based on that info it would appear to be far more than 100 screaming pinball fans...

I would say hundreds (not 100) would likely buy a TRON vault.

#9196 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Desire:
TRON Pro: 618 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than currently HAVE it in their collection)
TRON LE: 480 Pinsiders Wish List (which is more than owners - even more than Stern MADE)
Threads:
TRON Vault is by far the number 1 requested vault. This is rather obvious based on it showing up so often in threads (even this one). By using Pinside Search it appears to have the highest number of related posts - even more than LOTR.
Based on that info it would appear to be far more than 100 screaming pinball fans...

good point. i'm not one, but it is what it is. i'd buy lotr though.

#9197 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Skip the license.
Go original.

Bad Cats II - Badder Catters

#9198 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Bad Cats II - Badder Catters

Mad Catter

4F9AA61A-4D78-4A2A-A323-BCB6D0876DB0.jpeg4F9AA61A-4D78-4A2A-A323-BCB6D0876DB0.jpeg
#9199 3 years ago

Don't you think Stern knows a Tron Vault will sell. My guess is that Disney wants to relaunch the franchise. If that's the case they won't sign off on a vault.

#9200 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Desire:
Threads:

Yes, Tron and JJP POTC have to top the list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.