Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 936.
#9101 3 years ago

Funny how random posts can create pages of excitement.

It's 100% not Jaws. So calm ya farm.

#9102 3 years ago

Pretty Sure its Golden Girls according to Deadflips Streams

#9103 3 years ago

Elwin - My Little Pony

#9104 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Elwin - My Little Pony

Your right!

Just announced.

EA9C3D0B-C29D-4778-8D59-91B60D9F372A (resized).jpegEA9C3D0B-C29D-4778-8D59-91B60D9F372A (resized).jpeg
#9105 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Your right!
Just announced.[quoted image]

I bet you have a deposit in already on an LE !

#9106 3 years ago

Jaws code name = James Bond 007 (new movie coming out soon)

#9107 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Not again, Iron-Man is such a bad game. They already re-run it like two years ago. It initially released like 2011? ...Why?
Also Stern is still busy filling backorders of Elvira, JP, Deadpool... Why would they release Iron-Man again. To be even more busy?

Why? Because 1. operators love the game. It makes more money for operators than most other pins on location, and 2. resale value is comparatively high (which is one factor Stern look for before vaulting a game.

#9108 3 years ago

Top Gun 2 with SR on board. Now it’s a December release I believe. Stern is overdue for a movie flick and a pin that coincides together. I mean something mainstream that captures other markets
especially in Europe.

#9109 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Funny how random posts can create pages of excitement.
It's 100% not Jaws. So calm ya farm.

Counterpoint: It's 100% Jaws.

#9110 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Let's say 50%

#9111 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Pretty Sure its Golden Girls according to Deadflips Streams

I'm in if we get custom callouts by Betty White.

#9112 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Well played.
There hasn't been a surprise Stern launch for a Cornerstone game since WWE. So this is pretty exciting that we are close and no one has even guessed the title

#9113 3 years ago

i hope it's not jaws. we've seen enough of the old themes with Elvira, willy wonka, and alien. please stop. no desire for jaws, back the future, goonies, etc. they are old and washed up themes. jaws played in 1972 or something like that. it's just too outdated, nobody cares anymore. i like jp, but don't get why its not Jurassic world. hey, i don't like stranger things show, but i give stern a pop for making it and games of thrones, walking dead. thing people have actually watched in recent years.

rock games, marvel or dc, and monster stuff are good ideas. those themes work well. busy the old movie crap.

#9114 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

i hope it's not jaws. we've seen enough of the old themes with Elvira, willy wonka, and alien. please stop. no desire for jaws, back the future, goonies, etc. they are old and washed up themes. jaws played in 1972 or something like that. it's just too outdated, nobody cares anymore. i like jp, but don't get why its not Jurassic world. hey, i don't like stranger things show, but i give stern a pop for making it and games of thrones, walking dead. thing people have actually watched in recent years.
rock games, marvel or dc, and monster stuff are good ideas. those themes work well. busy the old movie crap.

These old popular themes work with the age group with cash (usually). Like people that own GB or Batman!

#9115 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:i hope it's not jaws. we've seen enough of the old themes with Elvira, willy wonka, and alien. please stop. no desire for jaws, back the future, goonies, etc. they are old and washed up themes. jaws played in 1972 or something like that. it's just too outdated, nobody cares anymore. i like jp, but don't get why its not Jurassic world. hey, i don't like stranger things show, but i give stern a pop for making it and games of thrones, walking dead. thing people have actually watched in recent years.

More Current like My Little Pony ?

#9116 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Why? Because 1. operators love the game. It makes more money for operators than most other pins on location, and 2. resale value is comparatively high (which is one factor Stern look for before vaulting a game.

Not disagreeing, however, if 2 is true wouldn't there have been a Tron VE by now?

#9117 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

These old popular themes work with the age group with cash (usually). Like people that own GB or Batman!

Gunsmoke

Festus face on the backglass giving the the big one eye side glance.

#9118 3 years ago

Laugh In would be a winner too.

or maybe Hee Haw....

#9119 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

YOU don’t care. That’s fine. So you speak for, what, all the 12-18 demographic? That’s cool. They ain’t buying pins without money anyway.

And it was 1975. Google it!

#9120 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

YOU don’t care. That’s fine. So you speak for, what, all the 12-18 demographic? That’s cool. They ain’t buying pins without money anyway.

Man, you slammed that one! Lol

#9121 3 years ago

Hahaha, sorry... Still laughing about the 12-18 demographics!

#9122 3 years ago

All I know is that despite its seemingly good gameplay, at my age, if I had TMNT in my basement my wife and kids would put me away.

#9123 3 years ago

I’m just funning with y’all. It’s all good.

#9124 3 years ago

So i've been coming into this thread and seeing a lot of Jaws talk. Of course, great, great film. I've been trying to think about how that theme would work...

So would it be similar to Jurassic Park, where you're navigating around an island, but instead, you're navigating across the ocean? Lots and lots of ocean. Looking for a shark. One shark. Or maybe different sea creatures, but then, it isn't really Jaws anymore.

But then I thought, well, I guess the story can take place in the town by the ocean. Maybe there's a mode where you fight the mayor over closing the beach? Or maybe a mode where you argue with your wife and if you hit enough shots and you win the mode, it says "OUT TO SEA!"

Maybe there's a mode where you hit shots and you can help Quint finish "Spanish Ladies" by helping him pound down those Narragansett beers.

...or maybe you play as the Shark and just eat people and other things for points.

#9125 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

So i've been coming into this thread and seeing a lot of Jaws talk. Of course, great, great film. I've been trying to think about how that theme would work...
So would it be similar to Jurassic Park, where you're navigating around an island, but instead, you're navigating across the ocean? Lots and lots of ocean. Looking for a shark. One shark. Or maybe different sea creatures, but then, it isn't really Jaws anymore.
But then I thought, well, I guess the story can take place in the town by the ocean. Maybe there's a mode where you fight the mayor over closing the beach? Or maybe a mode where you argue with your wife and if you hit enough shots and you win the mode, it says "OUT TO SEA!"
Maybe there's a mode where you hit shots and you can help Quint finish "Spanish Ladies" by helping him pound down those Narragansett beers.
...or maybe you play as the Shark and just eat people and other things for points.

Yeah, it’s a great film, but as far as script and plot there is not a lot to the storyline.

Other possibilities of modes. Mad mother Multi ball or repair the engine for double scoring. You could even have paddle back to shore wizard mode like the end of the movie.

The storyline is not very compelling for Pinball modes. I think people just want to see a shark eat balls.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9126 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

... probably everything that you said (maybe less)... I see no problem at all.

L.E. For me if it is made.

#9127 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yeah, it’s a great film, but as far as script and plot there is not a lot to the storyline.
Other possibilities of modes. Mad mother Multi ball or repair the engine for double scoring. You could even have paddle back to shore wizard mode like the end of the movie.
The storyline is not very compelling for Pinball modes. I think people just want to see a shark eat balls.

I just thought of something, maybe you can progress thru the different films. Like unlocking a Jaws 3D mode for example where you're in Sea World and you have Louis Gossett Jr. doing callouts, shouting "JACKPOT!!!" when the shark eats the guy who plays his nephew in the film.

#9128 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

I just thought of something, maybe you can progress thru the different films. Like unlocking a Jaws 3D mode for example where you're in Sea World and you have Louis Gossett Jr. shouting "JACKPOT!!!" when the shark eats the guy who plays his nephew in the film.

Lol

#9129 3 years ago

Anyone up for The Mandalorian? Myself I wouldn't care, but just asking..

#9130 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

I would love to see Elwin and Yeti team up for (deleted)

...almost ANYTHING

#9131 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

Not disagreeing, however, if 2 is true wouldn't there have been a Tron VE by now?

From what I understand Tron was a bad earner on location. It was a surprise for me to hear that because I would always pump quarters into it. I guess were a niche group here on Pinside.

#9132 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Top Gun 2 with SR on board. .

So another SR call it in "sequel" (f14)?
I love old SR games.
I only get excited for his games now when I hear them attached to themes i dont llike so themes i DO like are still open for other designers.
Pinball needs fresh eyes and minds designing imo. The old guard will still be there to guide them.

#9133 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

hey, i'm not in the 12-18 group. what do you want next? beattlejuice? superman 1978? love boat? come on guys, let go of the past.

#9134 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

hey, i'm not in the 12-18 group. what do you want next? beattlejuice? superman 1978? love boat? come on guys, let go of the past.

18389_1_large (resized).jpg18389_1_large (resized).jpg
#9135 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

King Kong, Jaws and Bill &Ted

Maybe Meatballs!

#9136 3 years ago

Could be the new horror Fantasy island!

#9137 3 years ago

I think a lot of these guys want a Jaws pin so they can put this in it.

Jaws - Shark Quint 0001 (resized).jpgJaws - Shark Quint 0001 (resized).jpg
#9138 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

...says the guy with the Batman 66.

Look...so you don't like any of the new themes being batted around. So what? When the Turtles came out, I breathed a sigh of relief because it gave me more time to save up for Zeppelin. If a machine comes out you're not interested in, look on the bright side and enjoy what you've got for the time being.

#9139 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Well Jaws did bring in about 450 million worldwide as a movie so I’d say it’s pretty popular still. Higher grossing than Ghostbusters movie. My kids know the movie and they are 10 and 12. Pure classic.

#9140 3 years ago
19686EFA-6389-418C-91F9-7E6AF240B2B5.jpeg19686EFA-6389-418C-91F9-7E6AF240B2B5.jpeg22B775C6-1AEB-4648-834A-95285BD5DD62.jpeg22B775C6-1AEB-4648-834A-95285BD5DD62.jpeg
#9141 3 years ago

marvel game then zeppelin

#9142 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Anyone up for The Mandalorian? Myself I wouldn't care, but just asking..

Shit yeah!!!

B0E4CB3C-A9B7-4D37-945A-40BFC7601D54 (resized).jpegB0E4CB3C-A9B7-4D37-945A-40BFC7601D54 (resized).jpeg
#9143 3 years ago

Well, Elwin was designing Archer, he's now designing a new game, I wouldn't mind it being James Bond. I don't even need much for assets, as long as it FEELS like Bond. But I guess we'll see...

#9144 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Well, Elwin was designing Archer, he's now designing a new game, I wouldn't mind it being James Bond. I don't even need much for assets, as long as it FEELS like Bond. But I guess we'll see...

If it is Bond, what era or movies would they choose?!

#9145 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They even re-ran it for a second time just recently, because it is so bad!

A Tron Vault announcement would sell 10x better as the Iron-Man vault.
I have never seen people asking for Iron-Man but a lot asking for Tron. So I don’t see why Stern isn’t listening to consumers and decided to do a second vault run of Iron-Man instead

#9146 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I have never seen people asking for Iron-Man but a lot asking for Tron. So I don’t see why Stern isn’t listening to consumers and decided to do a second vault run of Iron-Man instead

That's a fair question of course.

But I assume they'd do it if it would be easy money. So there'll be a reason for that.

Maybe the license expired and is to expensive to renew.
Maybe the art package seems too lackluster nowadays as well as people wanting a LCD and redoing it would be out of proportion.
Maybe they know that the Pro is too barren but the lighted ramps were LE exclusive and they stand by their word.

There was a good interview with Gary with Pinball News on his birthday were they talk about this if I remember correctly.
Something about Tron being a product of it's time (in several regards).

#9147 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Ironman has massive global appeal and recognition which is good for operators and collectors alike.

No one cares about Tron except us collectors and fans of the movies, are ops clamouring for a Tron re release to put back on site? Maybe one or two can chime in but I can’t see it myself. I’d love to see one myself so those that want one can get one but maybe Stern just don’t see the combined demand of ops and collectors large viable enough to do a run, plenty of the Ironman vault vault vault editions sold.

Compare that to Ironman who is still the biggest star from the MCU even in his characters death people are still asking for an Ironman 4, there’s been rumours he’s going to pop up in Black Widow and the next Spider-Man film.

#9148 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Maybe they know that the Pro is too barren but the lighted ramps were LE exclusive and they stand by their word.

What you are forgetting is that there was no premium version back then, so there is no problem with Stern releasing a premium version with all the LE bells and whistles. This has been said before by Stern.

#9149 3 years ago

Jumanji the new one.

West world would be cool.

Or build the heaviest pinball ever - gloomhaven.

#9150 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

King Kong, Jaws and Bill &Ted
Maybe Meatballs!

Superman would still be awesome. Maybe Scooby Doo?

I also agree with the questions above about how Jaws would translate into pinball. But they turned Baywatch into a pin, and that layout is actually pretty cool. I could see a re-theme of Jaws using the Baywatch platform reimagined. You even have the shark flipper shot and a shark spotter tower. But they definitely need a big shark mouth to eat the balls, sink Ben Gardner’s boat, and the Orca, eat Quint, swallow Pippet the dog and the Kitner boy. It’s the 4th of July! And we will be open for business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 300.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/183?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.