Screenshot_20240423_152310_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_2020 (resized).jpeg
20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 942.
#8952 3 years ago

Im in no rush for an Eternals tie in lol

Screenshot_20200810-225656_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200810-225656_Google (resized).jpg
#8953 3 years ago

Marvel no longer has the rights. All of Transformers, including the old comics, is held by IDW now.

#8954 3 years ago

If hulk, something in this style would be cool.

Screenshot_20200811-061604_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200811-061604_Facebook (resized).jpg
#8955 3 years ago

A regular kid with a “magic backpack” , Marvel’s New Warriors 2020 ( No i'm not Joking , this is a real Comic and may just be the best Pinball ever ? )

new-warriors-2020 (resized).jpgnew-warriors-2020 (resized).jpg
#8956 3 years ago

I would love a planet hulk, comic version, style pin. Potential connections with Thor and all the possibilities of characters to battle Hulk.

#8957 3 years ago

2021 is 50 year anniversary of LZIV. Best rock album of all time. Gary please release LZ from captivity. Every time there is a new Stern release that is not a LZ pin, the words to dazed and confused run through my head.

“Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true. Wanted a woman, never bargained for you. Lots of people TALK and few of them know. Soul of a woman was created below, yeah”

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8958 3 years ago

Just a guess, if it's a Marvel themed pin:
Daredevil
Captain Marvel
Marvel Battle Royale (for a late 80th birthday of Marvel)

#8959 3 years ago

Did anyone see what the content on TWIP was before it got deleted?

#8960 3 years ago

If it is Marvel I would hope they go with something they haven't already covered. Infinity War is just another Avengers theme. Why not do one of the other big titles. Fantastic 4 is probably the most popular one they haven't touched and Punisher may be the most licensed property outside of Spider-Man

#8961 3 years ago

If it would be as a movie tie in I would guess "Black Widow" and that would be cause enough for me to want to buy one.

#8962 3 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

If it is Marvel I would hope they go with something they haven't already covered. Infinity War is just another Avengers theme. Why not do one of the other big titles. Fantastic 4 is probably the most popular one they haven't touched and Punisher may be the most licensed property outside of Spider-Man

Can’t see Marvel/Disney doing anything with fantastic four yet, they are in the process of bringing them into the MCU.

Fox destroyed the mass market appeal to fantastic four with 3 howlers and box office flops.

I’d be interested in Captain American especially based off the second movie! All marvels worries now about the character not being popular (first movie was called the first avenger with no mention of the America in the title in some territories) but his popularity world wide is now up their with Ironman!

#8963 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Nope those that missed it what was posted ?!

#8964 3 years ago

I've been hearing rumors it's another Elwin game for at least a couple months now, from multiple people. I'm surprised visiting this thread that only now is that rumor appearing. I guess simply because it's only been a year since JP3, but I won't be too shocked if he does pull it off, I'm sure he's got a lot of ideas and designs in his head at least.

edit: And just to bring back the Jaws rumor... From TWIP:
Keith Elwin shared an image of the TWIPYs his games have won, along with the caption “Gonna Need a Bigger Shelf”…hopefully that means we’ll see something from him soon!

#8965 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

And just to bring back the Jaws rumor... From TWIP:
Keith Elwin shared an image of the TWIPYs his games have won, along with the caption “Gonna Need a Bigger Shelf”…hopefully that means we’ll see something from him soon!

I can definitely see Jaws, Wonder Woman, Black Widow and Guns N' Roses. Stern loves rock gods. I kinda need to see the side art on a Wonder Woman!

#8966 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yes, it was a couple of paragraphs talking about ...[deleted]...

#8967 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

we can always dream

#8968 3 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Punisher would be amazeballs! ...fantastic 4 complete dud for me. But sterns gonna use the crue to go head to head against gnr imo.
Screenshot_20200807-212412_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200807-212412_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200807-210645_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200807-210645_Google (resized).jpg

#8969 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not that a modified/updated quicksilver is a bad thing, beatles is super fun it’s the stupid price that killed beatles off. An updated quicksilver with a more reasonable price and Queen will probably sell much better than the bonkers beatles pricing model.

This is my thinking, too. I think Beatles is a great game, just priced stupidly. If they do the QS retheme and have Pro pricing I think it'd be great. (Can Stern learn from the problems of B66 SLE and Beatles Diamond? We'll see)
Yes, some people want Theme X as a cornerstone title, but the same was/is true for Beatles. BUT, I am actually excited at the idea of more classic layouts returning

#8970 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

This is my thinking, too. I think Beatles is a great game, just priced stupidly. If they do the QS retheme and have Pro pricing I think it'd be great. (Can Stern learn from the problems of B66 SLE and Beatles Diamond? We'll see)
Yes, some people want Theme X as a cornerstone title, but the same was/is true for Beatles. BUT, I am actually excited at the idea of more classic layouts returning

Spoken as someone who pulled their deposit on a Beatles, there was one other thing that killed that game: The decision to go with early Beatles songs and focus on more of a Beatlemania theme than the band itself. Think about it: If Queen is a Quicksilver retheme and has only music from Queen I, II, and Sheer Heart Attack, has the color scheme of an easter basket, and features band swag more than the actual band, will you still be interested?

Yeah. Me neither.

#8971 3 years ago

I said many months ago that the right designer could do some wild new things with a Doctor Strange pin. Think about how the game could penalize a player by using the Time Stone and roll back your score. Has a game ever had that feature before?

EEDEFFB7-1F90-4875-BBF3-B4D0D041C8D0 (resized).pngEEDEFFB7-1F90-4875-BBF3-B4D0D041C8D0 (resized).png
#8972 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I've been hearing rumors it's another Elwin game for at least a couple months now, from multiple people. I'm surprised visiting this thread that only now is that rumor appearing. I guess simply because it's only been a year since JP3, but I won't be too shocked if he does pull it off, I'm sure he's got a lot of ideas and designs in his head at least.
edit: And just to bring back the Jaws rumor... From TWIP:

Interesting, it’s shark week as well.

#8973 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Think about how the game could penalize a player by using the Time Stone and roll back your score.

Losing score is never fun. Casual players will think it's a bug or just feel ripped off.

#8974 3 years ago
Quoted from Pixel8Arcade:

Think about how the game could penalize a player by using the Time Stone and roll back your score.

This would cause problems in competition, I think. Probably also location play. Suppose you just got a replay or beat a high score, then you get deducted points. What does the game do, just take the awards away? I feel like there are better penalties that don't directly deduct points from your score.

#8975 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

This would cause problems in competition, I think. Probably also location play. Suppose you just got a replay or beat a high score, then you get deducted points. What does the game do, just take the awards away? I feel like there are better penalties that don't directly deduct points from your score.

Yes, I agree. One better way to "punish" the player (assuming that this is actually a good idea) would be to zero out their end-of-ball bonus. On machines with high bonus values this could be significant.

Another possibility is to have some separate "pool" of points (i.e. Jackpot value) that players build up and then only collect when a particular shot/sequence is made. Then the "punishment" for a wrong shot would be to reduce or zero-out that pool.

Though in general, while you could make some scheme that would work, I'm not sure that it would really be much fun.

#8976 3 years ago

Or steal someone’s tilt warnings.

#8977 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

But these types of features deemed detrimental to competitive play can typically be turned off.

#8978 3 years ago

It would have to be one of these 5 (due to popularity): Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Dr Strange, or Black Panther. In that order
IMO. Stern isn’t gonna take a chance on “lesser” heroes/themes right now (Daredevil, Captain Marvel, or any of the smaller “teams”). Why would they? Personally, I’d like to see other characters and groups get their due, but Stern knows the upsides/risks better than us.

I would instead love to see some risk-taking with mechanics and magnets on a Dr Strange pin. Or a more humorous approach to Thor (Ragnarok style) or Hulk. And if Keith designs it, I don’t really care. Yes please.

#8979 3 years ago

I didnt realize there was a new B&T movie. Im sure this increases the chance that this is the next stern pin.

#8980 3 years ago

Rather than rolling back the score the time stone feature could be used with magnets as a ball save to drag the ball out of the outlanes.

#8981 3 years ago

Zombie Yeti just shared and old Stern Jaws t-shirt design on instagram with the caption "I need a new one btw *hint *hint"

#8982 3 years ago

It could be bill and Ted on a Iron Man reskin. I think Deadflip was speaking on this at one point.

#8983 3 years ago

I like all the ideas suggested for a Time Stone feature in Dr Strange especially the pulling of the ball with magnets. Maybe the “action” button could be used like the Magna Save on Black Knight. If you qualify the action button and the ball is headed SDTM you can quickly press it and magnets pull the ball up the middle of the playfield, swirl it for a few seconds and then release.

#8984 3 years ago

Magnet idea sound cool. Also, if you wanted a time stone feature in the code, what if you could have like 20 seconds to hit whatever, then later on you can press the action button to get awarded the exact same sequence of shots you hit in that mode. Hope that kinda made sense...

#8985 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Zombie Yeti just shared and old Stern Jaws t-shirt design on instagram with the caption "I need a new one btw *hint *hint"

I hope that "hint, hint" really is a hint. I've been waiting for a JAWS pin for a very long time.

#8986 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

First "gonna need a bigger shelf" from Elwin and now this. Seems a little fishy to me... maybe too fishy. But dang, wouldn't it be awesome!!!

#8987 3 years ago

Designers & artists don't leak games. All these Jaws puns & jokes from KME & ZY mean you guys aren't getting a shark game anytime soon.

#8988 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Designers & artists don't leak games. All these Jaws puns & jokes from KME & ZY mean you guys aren't getting a shark game anytime soon.

Like I said, maybe too fishy. But there is no question that their team up on Jaws would have the potential to be the greatest game known to man... or at least, in my collection.

#8989 3 years ago
Quoted from Jomo33:

It would have to be one of these 5 (due to popularity): Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Dr Strange, or Black Panther. In that order
IMO.

In that order? Your number five is #1 on that list at the box office. Dr. Strange made half of Black Panther's haul. He's a supporting character at best.

#8990 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I hope you're wrong.

#8991 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It could be bill and Ted on a Iron Man reskin. I think Deadflip was speaking on this at one point.

If they do a re-skin I still think TWD would be the best choice. It's an incredible game, but redo it with a family-friendly theme and an LCD screen and it'd sell well too.

#8992 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

If they do a re-skin I still think TWD would be the best choice. It's an incredible game, but redo it with a family-friendly theme and an LCD screen and it'd sell well too.

TWD with an LCD screen would BLOW it out!

I’m in. And I have the LE. One of the best games ever

#8993 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

These dudes have top level troll game! Remember all the folks getting worked up from the Disney Harry Potter pics? Totally agree man. They are having fun and people eat it up. Awesome stuff really.

#8994 3 years ago

We need a John Wick pin. Everything's a drop target. Shoot everything. That's the only mode.

#8995 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I bet you're right.

#8996 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

We need a John Wick pin. Everything's a drop target. Shoot everything. That's the only mode.

Like this ! Get more drop targets in there and it could be like Break Out.

s7_chiefbankaflip2 (resized).jpgs7_chiefbankaflip2 (resized).jpg
#8997 3 years ago

JAWS ELWIN YETI

And I am all in.

#8998 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

JAWS ELWIN YETI
And I am all in.

Well, you are in luck

The head fakes are just that.

Jaws in Sept! Elwin and Yeti

Mark it down

#8999 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Like this ! Get more drop targets in there and it could be like Break Out.[quoted image]

There is a virtual pin table like this for pink floyd's The Wall.

#9000 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Think about it: If Queen is a Quicksilver retheme and has only music from Queen I, II, and Sheer Heart Attack, has the color scheme of an easter basket, and features band swag more than the actual band, will you still be interested?

Bryan May and Roger Taylor wouldn't limit the license to just the early material, but even if they did I'd buy two! One to play and one to lock away in its box!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-heres-why-queen-should-be-a-stern-music-pin

Keep Yourself Alive Multiball
Killer Queen Wizard Mode

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).pngimage (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salida, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
There are 47,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/180?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.