Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 938.
#851 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I f—king hope not. Elvira damn well better be Freres doing his thing.

My thoughts exactly, but other than Elivra I can't imagine what Franchi might be doing, any thoughts?

Quoted from arcademojo:

I couldn't up vote your comment enough so sending hugs and kisses!
It has to be Feres and only Feres!

Freres, c'mon man it's Freres

#852 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Yeah you are right. But Stern seems to have slightly more issues. Maybe I should get a b/w classic or just wait. That dialed in looks pretty dam fun and I have yet to have a jjp! From what I have read about their support, it sounds good if necessary. Please correct me if I'm wrong

JJP support is second to none IMO.

#853 6 years ago

More low quality junk....It was downhill after GB...

#854 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

More low quality junk....It was downhill after GB...

Star Wars Pro feels pretty good..

#855 6 years ago

i hope they dont cime out with a pin until feb. they need to finish code for several games. no more bs about fixing bugs. make the game fun. did fhey firget that simple theory? not fun a year after a game is released the code is still bs. or u pay high dollar and still no code. no check mark replys over it. u want to make customers happy yhey could communicate with us on a monthly basis and tell the truth. take opinions from the community and making code better. once they catch up on a lot of issues is when they come out with a new game.

#856 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Yeah you are right. But Stern seems to have slightly more issues. Maybe I should get a b/w classic or just wait. That dialed in looks pretty dam fun and I have yet to have a jjp! From what I have read about their support, it sounds good if necessary. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Strummy, you've come to the best thread for asking advice for a JJP pin.

#857 6 years ago

I would very much like to know the next VE. But I guess it will be next year - due to this years being AC DC

#858 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Strummy, you've come to the best thread for asking advice for a JJP pin.

Haaaaaaaaa!!

#859 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

...other than Elivra I can't imagine what Franchi might be doing, any thoughts?

Iron Maiden had been mentioned as an upcoming theme for a while. Franchi had done a lot of Kiss stuff in thge padt, so maybe Iron Maiden?

I agree it would be nice to see Greg Feres as the Elvira 3 artist but maybe it could be a joint project? Thats probably not likely though since their styles dont really look the same.

#860 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Iron Maiden had been mentioned as an upcoming theme for a while. Franchi had done a lot of Kiss stuff in thge padt, so maybe Iron Maiden?

That would be disappointing. His style is quite different from the most popular Maiden art.

I'm thinking it's the next Kapow title or The Beatles Trudeau pin.

#861 6 years ago

I'm hearing it's Guardians of the Galaxy, designed by Borg.

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm thinking it's the next Kapow title or The Beatles Trudeau pin.

I thought the rumour is the next Kapow is The Beatles?

Quoted from Rockytop:I'm hearing it's Guardians of the Galaxy, designed by Borg.

I thought GOTG was going to be Keith Elwins game and Iron Maiden Trudeau?

#863 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought GOTG was going to be Keith Elwins game and Iron Maiden Trudeau?

I was hoping it was Keith, but that's not what I heard today. Who knows, the info could be wrong.

#864 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I was hoping it was Keith, but that's not what I heard today. Who knows, the info could be wrong.

If Guardians is next then by normal rotation Trudeau should be up before Borg. After some major leaks GB, AS, SW, Stern are managing to keep the next couple titles release order quiet.

#865 6 years ago

Based on the SDCC I am pumped about Ready Player One - both the movie and the pin that hopefully will flow in late 2018.

Excellent book as well!

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sorry, or=aka.

If Trudeau is on Beatles, I can't see how he's on GotG so soon, and I heard that someone else was doing that one though I can't remember who offhand.

#867 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Based on the SDCC I am pumped about Ready Player One - both the movie and the pin that hopefully will flow in late 2018.

So everyone is getting pumped aboot another tween movie?

#868 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Excellent book as well!
» YouTube video

I was just bummed that key elements of the book are completely changed:
1. No Joust game-off - replace with some kind of 3D joust game they're INSIDE with a scorpion?
2. Cool characters like Ultraman are replaced with lesser characters like Iron Giant? (MANY other worse substitutions also)
3. Art3mis is a skinny waif actress.
4. What's the point of that race that's the centerpiece of part of that trailer, but not in the book?

Meh. I was hyped until I saw the trailer.

#869 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was just bummed that key elements of the book are completely changed:
1. No Joust game-off - replace with some kind of 3D joust game they're INSIDE with a scorpion?
2. Cool characters like Ultraman are replaced with lesser characters like Iron Giant? (MANY other worse substitutions also)
3. Art3mis is a skinny waif actress.
4. What's the point of that race that's the centerpiece of part of that trailer, but not in the book?
Meh. I was hyped until I saw the trailer.

I get you....it is impossible to live up to the book. My first experience with this fact was when I was a teenager and read Jurassic Park and then saw the movie. And was disappointed at all they left out. But left thinking that was still a damn good movie. Just disappointed a bit. I will get the same from RPO I am sure. But I am still looking forward to seeing it.

#870 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So everyone is getting pumped aboot another tween movie?

I guess just 80s pop culture, D&D, programming geeks like me I guess.

#871 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cool characters like Ultraman are replaced with lesser characters like Iron Giant? (MANY other worse substitutions also)

I think they wanted to have some nostalgia for the 'younger' viewer.

#872 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sorry, or=aka.
If Trudeau is on Beatles, I can't see how he's on GotG so soon, and I heard that someone else was doing that one though I can't remember who offhand.

I'd heard and seen posted here on Pinside in various threads GOTG is Keith Elwin, Maiden Borg, Kapow Beatles Trudeau, but who really knows other than Stern....

#873 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I think they wanted to have some nostalgia for the younger viewer.

I'm sure equal parts that and whatever was easier acquisitions.

#874 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'd heard and seen posted here on Pinside in various threads GOTG is Keith Elwin, Maiden Borg, Kapow Beatles Trudeau, but who really knows other than Stern....

Ah, right. Keith Elwin, I remember now. Isn't GotG supposed to be a modified Archer?

I just hope Borg doesn't recycle KISS/Aerosmith layout for Iron Maiden. Of all the music ones, THAT is the one I want the most, but I already have a KISS LE and not really excited about a third time around for that layout.

I have zero interest in The Beatles as a pin, but if it's some kind of psychedelic WoZ hybrid, maybe?

#875 6 years ago

Ready Player One movie looks soooo bad.... please no pin. that would just be salt in the wound...

A Beatles pin could be cool if it's done in a 'Pabst can crusher' retro vibe. That being said, I'm not dropping 6K on one... But it would have potential in the right locations.

If I were Stern, I would release Elvira3 in late summer/ fall, to get the Halloween season to fan the flames of advertising. But being Stern, you can expect an Easter weekend release or something. I Hope its the next pin, but I doubt it. Probably 2nd-3rd in line.

People keep going on about a JAWS machine... and I am constantly shocked at how many people think that's a good idea.

A guardians of the Galaxy would be interesting... and right after Star Wars it might imply Disney made a deal to do a 'block' of titles. OMG you guys... what if they Made a Guardians, Capt America, Dr Strange, etc... six machines, each one has an infinity Stone in it. and if you get all the machines in one place, and have them all running at the same time, you get 'Infinity Gauntlet Multiball' on all of them at once. ...most epic $40k multiball ever. LOL

#876 6 years ago

Ghoulardi...... every pinhead in the Cleveland area would buy one!!

IMG_6706 (resized).PNGIMG_6706 (resized).PNG

#877 6 years ago

Think we will be seeing something catering to metalheads!

#878 6 years ago

I wish that Elwin's Archer pin would just come out as Archer! It looks awesome.

#879 6 years ago

Laser War Remake

#880 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

We are in Australia! All our distros are great to deal with so we do not have any issues. There are plenty of awesome games available right now. Stern, CGC, JJP and more. Try them all and buy what you like!

1 week later
#881 6 years ago

If there is any truth to the adage - you should want to f@ck a pinball machine because of theme, but you'll marry a pinball machine because of the rules - then selecting the correct license is a critical step. I could screw a pin based on one of these nine (9) themes:

Harry Potter (by JJP)
Guardians of Galaxy
Jimi Hendrix
Iron Maiden
Futurama
Jaws
Alien (by Heighway)
Big Lebowski (by Dutch Pinball)
Live PD

Gameplay would still need to be amazing, but when a pinball machine is based on a license you enjoy, that is a formula for sex appeal. Fortunately, some of these are titles are coming soon from a manufacturer near you!!

1 week later
#882 6 years ago

Quite sure it's gotg with Borg ropp. Iron maiden isn't even close yet.

#883 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If there is any truth to the adage - you should want to f@ck a pinball machine because of theme, but you'll marry a pinball machine because of the rules - then selecting the correct license is a critical step. I could screw a pin based on one of these nine (9) themes:
Harry Potter (by JJP)
Fortunately, some of these are titles are coming soon from a manufacturer near you!!

Is this confirmed ?!?!?!? I am in for sure if it is true.

#884 6 years ago

I heard the next pin in Hello Kitty

#885 6 years ago

Why doesn't Stern do a Doo-Wop pin. The Del-Vikings pin. Most of their designers are old and out of touch enough!

#886 6 years ago

I can't imagine this one being successful. CSI and 24 were two of the weakest pins in modern Stern history, and they went with the law enforcement theme. I don't think any large faction is jonesing for another bite at that apple.

#887 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I heard the next pin in Hello Kitty

Awesome! Now i just need to get a daughter so no one knows i really wanted it

#888 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Now I'm going to have to wait and see on SW vs. GOTG. I'm 99% sure my wife will agree to one of our current pins getting swapped out for GOTG because she loves the movies. She's more lukewarm on SW although it is one of my all time favorites. I do love the humor, action, and characters in GOTG also so I hope it turns out great and I have a tough choice to make.

#889 6 years ago

OMG! I hope it's GOTG. I'm going to start saving up for that one starting next month.

#890 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CSI and 24 were two of the weakest pins in modern Stern history

24 is a great pin.

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I heard GOTG was Keith's Archer design? It would suck to have Lonnie involved with GOTG that's a licence that would benefit from some creative and fun coding.

#892 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

24 is a great pin.

I'm not saying you can't like it, but I literally walked away from it after playing for 30 minutes on a boring game I couldn't lose. Hated it. And pricing on the secondary market indicates there aren't many fans of it, either.

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not saying you can't like it

Oh thanks

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

OMG! I hope it's GOTG. I'm going to start saving up for that one starting next month.

Get ready to be happy I think the pin will rock. Also Franchi on art I heard. He will make the game pop. Obviously Marvel will place restrictions so there will be some serious photoshopping I suspect but Franchi has a knack of making photoshop jobs look great.

#895 6 years ago

Marvel !

Yep , appears GOTG on the cards

so much exciting stuff coming up from this huge franchise !

http://screenrant.com/marvel-cinematic-universe-upcoming-movies-tv-shows/

Pinball bliss, with the right approach

#896 6 years ago

GOTG would be a great theme but part of me would like to see that put on hold until the 3rd film is out, more movie assests to use for more modes.

Would also like to see another attempt at an Avengers pinball, what with the 2 infinity war (avengers) films coming, a pin based on both could be epic!

#897 6 years ago

Yeah I think Borg will knock this out of the park. He has such a talent for good theme integration.

Plus his pros aren't stripped to shit. Always good value with a Borg pro.

#898 6 years ago

Ghoulardi is the father of director Paul Thomas Anderson..... So I'll vote for Boogie Nights the pinball game.... Definitely family friendly..... LOL

Seriously though a pulp fiction would be a must buy for me. Any news on that?

#899 6 years ago

If history repeats itself shouldn't the announcement be this week?

#900 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

If history repeats itself shouldn't the announcement be this week?

Based on?

I am thinking the next announcement will not be until Chicago Expo in October.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.