IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 940.
#8901 3 years ago

I think they are too busy playing catch up on orders. Heavy Metal is Nov-Dec and it is a small build.
Gives them some time to reflect and hopefully strategize.
I would not expect a new release to ship until X mas.
They can wait until Oct.

#8902 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

BM66 and the Beatles are Kapow games they seem to be the thing that jacks up the price http://www.kapowpinball.com/games.html

I heard Joe Kaminkow discuss this on a podcast recently. The price differential is all down to the cost of licensings the IP for the games. Beatles for instance is a very expensive license to obtain. He also discussed how insanely difficult it is to even obtain these licenses outside of just the costs (I remember him giving an example that he sent Christmas cards to a lot of key stakeholders at target licenses for years just trying to maintain contact and preserve goodwill).

I'm not sure if either of these were the actual episode, but here are a couple interviews Joe did with the Head2Head pinball podcast.
http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/07/03/episode-50-joe-kaminkow-from-kapow-pinball/
http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/11/05/episode-68-joe-kaminkow-on-the-beatles-pinball/

In going down this rabbit hole, I refreshed my memory. I believe the interview was on the Super Awesome pinball show (EP4)
https://toppodcast.com/podcast_feeds/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-podcast/

#8903 3 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

With the rumors of something Marvel related my two guesses are something Infinity Gauntlet-related or Thor. If they make an IG pin and have a mechanism where you collect 6 balls representing the gems and lock it into a gauntlet mechanism that would be beyond awesome!
Could Led Zepellin be a code name for Thor? Immigrant Song and everything?

Don’t think that is the case given how long Led Zep has been rumored to be in the works for well over a year now in addition to the podcast last year where Steve R said it’s a grail theme for him and hinted strongly it’s coming.

#8904 3 years ago

Stern has a good relationship with marvel, they could essentially make whatever marvel pin they wanted. However, I doubt they will make a thor pin.

#8905 3 years ago

I can't envision them doing Thor. I mean, it's possible, but to me, even after Thor 3, Thor isn't "loved" in the way that Spider-man or Iron Man or the Hulk are loved. I think it'll be Hulk. I know he hasn't had his own movie recently, but he's got the most cachet (not a misspelling) of all the options. That or they could do Spider-man again I guess. Or comic book Avengers. I'd say I'm 65% sure it'll be Hulk, assuming the rumor is accurate.

#8906 3 years ago

Thor seems like more of a pinball FX kind of table

#8907 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Goonies is another that is high on my want list

Yep! Goonies and I’m in for my first ever NIB

#8908 3 years ago

I’m a little surprised that they may do another Marvel pin. It’s just a lot of Marvel. Haha. However, I’m sure they all sell well. You just have to wonder if one more Marvel pin will be one too many. There has to be a tipping point at some point.

#8909 3 years ago

They probably mean one of their marvels are getting vaulted lol or already has been (Iron Man)

#8910 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m a little surprised that they may do another Marvel pin. It’s just a lot of Marvel. Haha. However, I’m sure they all sell well. You just have to wonder if one more Marvel pin will be one too many. There has to be a tipping point at some point.

I would love an Infinity Gauntlet themed game with Thanos as the main man. Love me some Thanos! Not a fan of many of the previous marvel titles except for Spider-man. I had a good time with that pin; "The power of the sun in the palm of my hand!".

#8911 3 years ago

So interestingly the blurb on This Week In Pinball about the next Stern title seems to have been deleted... the part about it being a Marvel theme definitely took a back seat to the reveal that it's potentially an Elwin game which pretty much makes it an instant buy in my mind, no matter the theme. I'm curious why the post was removed. Kaneda's post on FB about the next title being a Queen QS remake has also been deleted

#8912 3 years ago

the only marvel pin i'd be interested is something off the beaten path, maybe like a howard the duck or something. that would rock

#8913 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

You just have to wonder if one more Marvel pin will be one too many. There has to be a tipping point at some point.

That's exactly how I feel about the whole "old rock band" theme.

Well, except that they reached the one-too-many tipping point on that about 3 machines ago.

#8914 3 years ago

An Elwin Marvel themed game definitely has my attention, I guess we'll have to wait and see!

#8915 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, except that they reached the one-too-many tipping point on that about 3 machines ago.

No arguments from me on that, but I’ve also never been much for rock band based pins.

#8916 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I heard Joe Kaminkow discuss this on a podcast recently. The price differential is all down to the cost of licensings the IP for the games. Beatles for instance is a very expensive license to obtain. He also discussed how insanely difficult it is to even obtain these licenses outside of just the costs

& Kapow needs to get their piece of the pie also.
I can't imagine BM66 was any more expensive to license than other stern titles

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8917 3 years ago

Someone mentioned that it is time to have Horror games... I agree 100% with the idea of The Exorcist, Friday The 13th, The Omen, Fright Night,etc,... and for sports Pin, I don’t mind a Stallone’s Rocky someday either

#8918 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Someone mentioned that it is time to have Horror games... I agree 100% with the idea of The Exorcist, Friday The 13th, The Omen.etc,... and for sports Pin, I don’t mind a Stallone’s Rocky someday either

I made a post about that a couple months ago. I own a Gottlieb Rocky and keep it mostly for nostalgia reasons, but I'd LOVE to see someone do the Rocky franchise justice in a modern pin. It could be awesome. And given Stallone's inability to let the character go, I would think they'd be able to get him to contribute some call-outs for the game. It would be SO COOL! Unfortunately, if the lack of interest my post got when I put it out is any indication, I doubt this would be a theme any of the manufacturers would think they could sell. Rocky

#8919 3 years ago

Elwin is killing it for Stern.

Makes sense next cornerstone is his.

I guess Led Zep got delayed.

#8920 3 years ago

Sooooo glad they did stth instead of Goonies. That 80s shit doesn't hold up.

I wish jjp had queen and Stern had gnr. Each company will screw each of these licenses up in different ways. In fact, I wish Elwin was at jjp. I'd be broke.

Money safe for a while....

#8921 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

the only marvel pin i'd be interested is something off the beaten path, maybe like a howard the duck or something. that would rock

The movie killed all feelings I would ever have about Howard the duck.. lol

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Agreed, yet well see another one shortly, I bet..

#8923 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Someone mentioned that it is time to have Horror games... I agree 100% with the idea of The Exorcist, Friday The 13th, The Omen, Fright Night,etc,... and for sports Pin, I don’t mind a Stallone’s Rocky someday either

Stephen King Pinballs.. Christine, the Dead Zone.. could be all bunched up into one big game.

#8924 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:Elwin is killing it for Stern.
Makes sense next cornerstone is his.
I guess Led Zep got delayed.

Well one of the guys in here who is usually 99.99% correct at what’s coming said a few pages ago that Zep is coming this year but there maybe something else before it.

Does that mean it’s delayed? Who knows could be Queen/quicksilver remake or something else but he did say LZ is a cornerstone.

#8925 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

the part about it being a Marvel theme definitely took a back seat to the reveal that it's potentially an Elwin game which pretty much makes it an instant buy in my mind, no matter the theme.

Cosigned.
KME.jpgKME.jpg

#8926 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Kaneda's post on FB about the next title being a Queen QS remake has also been deleted

Meaning?

Stern will produce a Queen QS and persuaded Kaneda to take his post down for now,

or

Kaneda has realised it won't be a Queen QS and deleted his post?

#8927 3 years ago

I really hope the Queen rumor is partly true!
Yes I want a Queen pinball but no retheme please, a full featured Queen would be off the charts!

#8928 3 years ago

Combining the Marvel with the Queen (Codename) Rumour I‘d say it’s the „A-Force“. (The all female avengers team.)

#8929 3 years ago

ok, i'm predicting it's a captain america game. just a guest. but i would say no on ant man, black panther, captain marvel and thor. maybe a hulk game?

#8930 3 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Meaning?
Stern will produce a Queen QS and persuaded Kaneda to take his post down for now,
or
Kaneda has realised it won't be a Queen QS and deleted his post?

Absolutely no idea, just an observation

#8931 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Spooky pinball with Ben Heck aren't they doing Evil Dead ?

#8932 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

So interestingly the blurb on This Week In Pinball about the next Stern title seems to have been deleted... the part about it being a Marvel theme definitely took a back seat to the reveal that it's potentially an Elwin game which pretty much makes it an instant buy in my mind, no matter the theme. I'm curious why the post was removed. Kaneda's post on FB about the next title being a Queen QS remake has also been deleted

Just to respond/clarify - I'm assuming Kaneda deleted the 'Queen was next' post after he learned it was incorrect, the content on TWIP was deleted for a different reason.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8933 3 years ago

Thor God of Thunder

Code name Led Zepplin
........by SR.

Na, its really gonna be -Rammstein The Pin -

Bummer if SR's pin is maybe getting bumped.

#8934 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Bummer if SR's pin is maybe getting bumped.

I dunno if it's getting bumped so much as he averages one Stern game every 18 months withOUT a pandemic, and it's only been 16 months since BK3.

#8935 3 years ago

I think they do a vault edition of something to get caught up on production, and then Zeppelin early next year

#8936 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think they do a vault edition of something to get caught up on production, and then Zeppelin early next year

You mean like a Tron Vault edition ?!

MRCLEAN-LIVES (resized).pngMRCLEAN-LIVES (resized).png
#8937 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I want a ST vault edition at some point with the OG series, that would greatness.

[quoted image]

Love it!!! Resurrected!

#8938 3 years ago

Thunderbird is a stand up guy , if he said it happened , it happened .
We have to pay Crazy Prices over here
[quoted image]

Ok. It’s all good.

#8939 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I dunno if it's getting bumped so much as he averages one Stern game every 18 months withOUT a pandemic, and it's only been 16 months since BK3.

Zep was rumored all along for expo 2020 which is Oct so wouldn’t that be spot on for the 18 months? Stern also hasn’t really seemed to have slowed down too much either by the pandemic even though there was a stoppage at the factory

#8940 3 years ago

Thor 3 and Wonder Woman 84 with Franchi art would look incredible (and will probably never happen now)....If there is another Marvel pinball, it would be refreshing to see titles that are outside Stern's norm of the obvious big names.

#8941 3 years ago

Another Marvel comic pin would make sense with rumors that Zombie Yeti’s game being next. He did Deadpool and that was a hit. He mentioned saying that Gomez told him that the license holder really wanted him. How would they know him? If it was Marvel then they would. Im guessing its a super hero battle royale pin with theme of Civil War or Infinity Gauntlet or Secret Wars.

#8942 3 years ago
73D433C2-5069-4891-AD81-9EBEB9E1BB2C (resized).jpeg73D433C2-5069-4891-AD81-9EBEB9E1BB2C (resized).jpeg
#8943 3 years ago

How about a villain pin? Marvel doesn't have the villains to keep up with Batman but a Venom pin would probably sell well and I believe when the pandemic is over it is supposed to be one of the next Sony Marvel movies. Maybe a sinister six pin, then again that gets pretty close to the Spidey pin anyway.

#8944 3 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

How about a villain pin? Marvel doesn't have the villains to keep up with Batman but a Venom pin would probably sell well and I believe when the pandemic is over it is supposed to be one of the next Sony Marvel movies. Maybe a sinister six pin, then again that gets pretty close to the Spidey pin anyway.

You had Magneto, Doom or even Galactus, to choose from and you went with Venom? No sir. No. Lol.
Spiderman pin already killed any desire id have had for Venom or Doc Ock unfortunately

#8945 3 years ago

Also, IF in some improbable universe Keith Elwin and Zombie Yeti made another Xmen game (Clairmont style still)...omfg id be in blindly.

#8946 3 years ago

I would love to see Zombie Yeti do a Bill and Ted with Keith Elwin. I know he has done some Bill and Ted art already and the new movie drops this month.

#8947 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Just to respond/clarify - I'm assuming Kaneda deleted the 'Queen was next' post after he learned it was incorrect, the content on TWIP was deleted for a different reason.

Translation, "the content on TWIP was deleted because it was for a different reason".....an accurate reveal that Stern didn't want up there! What other reason?

All we need now is MNpinball to NOT come in here and deny that it's a Marvel pin, with Elwin and Yeti!

Silence will be affirmation.

#8948 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You had Magneto, Doom or even Galactus, to choose from and you went with Venom? No sir. No. Lol.
Spiderman pin already killed any desire id have had for Venom or Doc Ock unfortunately

Old school marvel with villains and heroes....
ALL JACK KIRBY ART!!!!
An old man can dream..

981926b763058226b53ca6b1f5cc958f (resized).jpg981926b763058226b53ca6b1f5cc958f (resized).jpg
#8949 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Magneto was my thought but he had his LE X-Men is why I didn't go with him but Galactus, really?

#8950 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

the content on TWIP was deleted for a different reason.

Was there a threat?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/179?hl=rikeisland and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.