Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,150 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 923.
#8801 3 years ago
2650D19E-B41D-44EC-82DC-5E990C6E8D67 (resized).jpeg2650D19E-B41D-44EC-82DC-5E990C6E8D67 (resized).jpeg
#8802 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

kinda seems to me like you're talking about something you've never seen before...

You would be right as i dont know anyone frivolous enough with their hard earned money to piss it away on an SLE.
Do i need to see one to know it plays the same as a premium? Nope.
Its not a criticism as people can spend their money however they please but lets admit SLE is more of a marketing ploy than anything else. Some people will pay anything if its a "Limited Edition" and Stern loves these people but the second hand market is a crap shoot. Sometimes you get a Batman 66 SLE thats holds its value or better....other times you get Beatles.

#8803 3 years ago

If that Batman price is real, which I highly doubt it is, it would be a rarity. "Rare" pins are losing demand, just like hockey cards and anything else that gets saturated by companies playing off collectability. Gary has gone to that well too many times. It's a market for suckers unless you don't care about return. But keep buying if you're sure you'll find some dude with 20 grand that is dying for a "special" machine based on a granny with juicy melons. Lol.

#8804 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If that Batman price is real, which I highly doubt it is, it would be a rarity. "Rare" pins are losing demand, just like hockey cards and anything else that gets saturated by companies playing off collectability. Gary has gone to that well too many times. It's a market for suckers unless you don't care about return. But keep buying if you're sure you'll find some dude with 20 grand that is dying for a "special" machine based on a granny with juicy melons. Lol.

True. EHOH SLE was a laugh fest for me at price point. Someone shows me THAT in their collection, I’m questioning sanity, not ‘oohhing and ahhing’ over it. Far from it.

#8805 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The price is real
The one sold is a particularly rare and special machine. As insane the price may be, there are collectors who have no problem paying Top Dollar for the right machine.

#8806 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The price is real
The one sold is a particularly rare and special machine. As insane the price may be, there are collectors who have no problem paying Top Dollar for the right machine.

I’m sure. All of the bakers dozen of them in the universe. The fortune 500’s, the investment gurus. The lucky who sold or bought at the right time. BM66 SLE is not special. Artificial price pumping. Anyone who spends 36k on one is not an investment guru but a spending fool.

Then there’s the rest of us in the real world. Saving for months or years (or even longer). Skipping or working through vacations, working ALL the hours, wheeling and dealing other projects or hobbies to save some coin for that next pin purchase. Using one whale purchase as an example deflates enthusiasm for myself and I’m sure others. It’s not something to celebrate. I pity the buyer.

#8807 3 years ago

I agree, pricing has gotten out of hand on pinball machines. Stern is climbing in price to JJP stratosphere, which is not good. Price gouging like that is not good for our hobby. Batman 66 SLE was a special case and don’t think any other machine will get that kind of a price. To be clear, it was sold from original owner to another guy for a $7k profit and then the next guy made the rest selling it for a third time to a whale. This is a rare thing and not to be celebrated, because it was a lucky shot. Don’t think any other title has buyers willing to spend that kind of crazy money for other IPs. Batman 66 collectors are nuts, lol. Know a guy who spent way more than that duplicating a 66 Batmoblie. Hope Stern keeps things reasonable price wise and stops the ever inching upward to $10k for an LE. Elvira CE and Beatle Diamond editions were plain money grabs. Same could be said for JJP and their CEs.

#8808 3 years ago

Looks like Kaneda is calling the next stern pin.
QUEEN
Any thoughts?

ACACD029-4E56-49D7-A227-748AADBC2BB8 (resized).jpegACACD029-4E56-49D7-A227-748AADBC2BB8 (resized).jpeg
#8809 3 years ago

A quicksilver retheme ? Why not blow us away with an original table ??

#8810 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

A quicksilver retheme ? Why not blow us away with an original table ??

Wish they would just remake the classic rather than dump yet another band theme on a game.

#8811 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m sure. All of the bakers dozen of them in the universe. The fortune 500’s, the investment gurus. The lucky who sold or bought at the right time. BM66 SLE is not special. Artificial price pumping. Anyone who spends 36k on one is not an investment guru but a spending fool.
Then there’s the rest of us in the real world. Saving for months or years (or even longer). Skipping or working through vacations, working ALL the hours, wheeling and dealing other projects or hobbies to save some coin for that next pin purchase. Using one whale purchase as an example deflates enthusiasm for myself and I’m sure others. It’s not something to celebrate. I pity the buyer.

you pity the guy that can buy a foil pinball machine? while you "scrape by" in life saving for vacations? you're obviously projecting your insecurities on the rest of us. sorry you're broke, don't guilt the rest of us for being able to afford an LE machine.

#8812 3 years ago

you pity the guy that can buy a foil pinball machine? while you "scrape by" in life saving for vacations? you're obviously projecting your insecurities on the rest of us. sorry you're broke, don't guilt the rest of us for being able to afford an LE machine.

Screenshot_20200809-095956_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200809-095956_Google (resized).jpg
#8813 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

QUEEN
Any thoughts?[quoted image]

Thanks for the concern. How’re you though? I pity the buyer cuz he won’t ever recoup his investment. Speaking from financial perspective, you took it to a Fruedian spin. I’m sure you’ll be buying plenty of 36k pins with all that internet psychology. Lol.

Oooh the angry internet posters. Who’s projecting...

#8814 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

QUEEN

If this is true I have a major problem. No room, yet I need it.

#8815 3 years ago

if you guys spent half the time that you spend down voting and cruising pinside and actually put it into work maybe you could have one too?

I'm doing great man, retired and loving it =)

#8816 3 years ago

if you guys spent half the time that you spend down voting and cruising pinside and actually put it into work maybe you could have one too?

Explains the grumpiness. We’ll all be dead in 100 years. Live it up while we can! Downvotes...getting some? Just meh they away man.

#8817 3 years ago

You sound like a great guy

#8818 3 years ago

Well that is settled then GNR it is!

#8819 3 years ago

I still think a new space themed Pin would be awesome.

#8820 3 years ago

Grayson and overlord are you buddies? what's with you guys jerking each other off with up votes every ten seconds? does clicking on that thumb button make you guys feel good? lol get a job. btw I'm 33.

#8821 3 years ago

Grayson and overlord are you buddies? what's with you guys jerking each other off with up votes every ten seconds? does clicking on that thumb button make you guys feel good? lol get a job. btw I'm 33.

The negativity oozing from you makes hitting the downvote a really easy choice. Who care how much you make or your age? You sound like a spoiled child though. Was that what the age clarification was for?

Edit: homophobia masking internal conflict dude?

#8822 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Thanks for the concern. How’re you though? I pity the buyer cuz he won’t ever recoup his investment. Speaking from financial perspective, you took it to a Fruedian spin. I’m sure you’ll be buying plenty of 36k pins with all that internet psychology. Lol.
Oooh the angry internet posters. Who’s projecting...

This is where you are way off. See, buying a pin is not an "Investment" if you are looking at it that way, then you already have found the issue when it comes to pricing. (And this is coming from someone that actually sells pins for a living) I tell my customers all the time that although many pins have went up in value, please dont consider this as an investment. This is entertainment. When you go to the movies, out to dinner, buy a new car, are any of those investments, will you get your money back, NO. So why is this any different. Pinballs are entertaining devices, that you may or may not get your money back for, but if you see the entertainment value in it, then its worth every penny.

#8823 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

True. EHOH SLE was a laugh fest for me at price point. Someone shows me THAT in their collection, I’m questioning sanity, not ‘oohhing and ahhing’ over it. Far from it.

So true.. I just don't get the interest in EHOH, I don't get the interest for a bunch of games actually.. a board of 'thinkers' got together somewhere and came up with budgets and ressources to produce.. an Elvira game? And they all said 'Yeah, good one, let's make this happen' ???

#8824 3 years ago

Moving on
Queen would be my top choice for a music pin but im still waiting to spend my money just incase the drop Back to the Future. If not itll be between JP and TMNT soon.

#8825 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The negativity oozing from you makes hitting the downvote a really easy choice. Who care how much you make or your age? You sound like a spoiled child though. Was that what the age clarification was for?
Edit: homophobia masking internal conflict dude?

he said that's why you're grumpy, I clarified that I'm younger.

I'm the negative one? go back a page or two. I didn't say a word to yall. you guys went out of your way to tell me how my SLE isn't going to hold its value. what kind of person goes out of their way to tell someone that? a negative one. I've just been trying to defend my purchase just like anyone else would.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8826 3 years ago

That's fine, you guys all done? Can we get back to topic, this is fun stuff thinking of the next Stern, not doing whatever you guys are doing, IMO (Thou, I can get some popcorn out..lol)

Feels like the guys over at Stern get traction with older titles, would be interesting to know which generation these guys are from. They would indeed probably go for the like of JAWS.. Myself, big sci-fi classics fan, I would go for SPACE 1999..

#8827 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

QUEEN

I'd be interested if it happens I love quicksilv and I'm a huge Queen fan so I would probably have to get it. I'm still hoping Zeppelin is coming after it though.

#8828 3 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I'd be interested if it happens I love quicksilv and I'm a huge Queen fan so I would probably have to get it. I'm still hoping Zeppelin is coming after it though.

It's becoming crowded with rock music groups.. you want to love the music and play cool, fun games, but not limit yourself to owning Iron Maiden, the Beatles, AC/DC, etc.

How about a pin that would have all that, different groups, music.. QUEEN would definitely be in there, centre piece IMO! (let's face it, best group, best singer, best music ever.. Bohemian R best song ever. Period. That and probably Sgt. Pepper's best album..)

Stern ROCK GODS Pro, Premium and LE

#8829 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

It's becoming crowded with rock music groups.. you want to love the music and play cool, fun games, but not limit yourself to owning Iron Maiden, the Beatles, AC/DC, etc.
How about a pin that would have all that, different groups, music.. QUEEN would definitely be in there, centre piece IMO! (let's face it, best group, best singer, best music ever.. Bohemian R best song ever. Period. That and probably Sgt. Pepper's best album..)
Stern ROCK GODS Pro, Premium and LE

And some KISS for the theatrics.. But Gene Simmons would ask to much % for that one!

#8830 3 years ago

Pink Floyd and Led Zep pins need to happen. can't believe they already don't have machines.. besides the home brew that's out there.

#8831 3 years ago

Stern could really well make era-based.. I'm damn sure the 80's would bring in buyers, so would the 90's and early 00's.. for those markets, potential buyers are ripe because they can spend..

#8832 3 years ago

Pink Floyd and Led Zep pins need to happen. can't believe they already don't have machines.. besides the home brew that's out there.

Pink Floyd, yesss! the Wall multiball..

#8833 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The price is real

Also 36k for BM66 SLE is crazy.
Don't forget about those insane prizes the Supreme game sold for. Which was basically a cheap re-themed home game...
Nothing is impossible nowadays when it comes to pinball

#8834 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Also 36k for BM66 SLE is crazy.
Don't forget about those insane prizes the Supreme game sold for. Which was basically a cheap re-themed home game...
Nothing is impossible nowadays when it comes to pinball

They made it because they could sell it. People can do whatever they want with their money, it doesn't bother me. At least, they can actually play the damn thing! A lot of people out there pay premium money for collectables they keep sealed in, never enjoying those items - but just knowing they own them. I'm fine with that, too. Whatever floats their boat!

#8835 3 years ago

Said it before ...

Unless it's Borg on Lawrence Welk - I don't want to see another music pin for awhile.

#8836 3 years ago

Wow...possibly Queen old school style game followed by a new layout Led Zep.
Wasn’t planning on buying two machines to close the year but I may need to if this happens.

#8837 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Said it before ...
Unless it's Borg on Lawrence Welk - I don't want to see another music pin for awhile.

I actually had to Google that!! lol I can honeslty say I don't think it will ever happen.. sorry!

#8838 3 years ago

It’s Underlord, thanks. We get it. Your 33 and retired. Congrats on that.

Your still grumpy. Don’t be so much. You’ll live longer. Or not. Maybe. What’s your body mass index again?

#8839 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow...possibly Queen old school style game followed by a new layout Led Zep.
Wasn’t planning on buying two machines to close the year but I may need to if this happens.

Queen yes, oh yes! But please, something better than this.. lol

f8d4136e04fec23d1feb1e253da13ca9d06825b8 (resized).jpgf8d4136e04fec23d1feb1e253da13ca9d06825b8 (resized).jpg
#8840 3 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

This is where you are way off. See, buying a pin is not an "Investment" if you are looking at it that way, then you already have found the issue when it comes to pricing. (And this is coming from someone that actually sells pins for a living) I tell my customers all the time that although many pins have went up in value, please dont consider this as an investment. This is entertainment. When you go to the movies, out to dinner, buy a new car, are any of those investments, will you get your money back, NO. So why is this any different. Pinballs are entertaining devices, that you may or may not get your money back for, but if you see the entertainment value in it, then its worth every penny.

Im not, but that dude buying 36k pins probably is.
E0C66C06-6F69-4254-B02D-81F6E5EF1608 (resized).jpegE0C66C06-6F69-4254-B02D-81F6E5EF1608 (resized).jpeg

#8841 3 years ago

Jealousy of money is as old as money itself. I grew up around people with much more money than my family had and learned to not begrudge them or have petty jealousy like displayed in this thread. There are lot of people who have tons of money. I'm not even talking about billionaires. If you made $10 million a year, how are you stupid for buying an SLE for $36K? The extra money to a person in that tax bracket is like a couple hundred to me. When I drive 50 miles each way to buy a game, I don't bicker over a couple hundred dollars if it's a game that I want. I've already invested the better part of a day; hand them the money and move on.

I think the Pro, Premium and LE model is genius and helps people on all ends of the pinball spectrum from a perspective of available play money. JJP and CGI seem to agree too. Why be an SLE hater and worry about a product that was never aimed at you? Don't buy it. Why belittle and discriminate against the 1%? Let them have their fun too and don't worry if you don't find it to be a particularly good investment LOL. If there is demand then why not make a product? Would be stupid not to. Especially one that rolls in a ton of profit margin and helps keep the cost of Premiums and Pros down a little? Before anyone bitches at that statement, tell me that the profit margin on Pros is not way less than an LE or especially an SLE. Stern is a business in a cut throat industry that has seen many companies come, go and have to be rescued. Supreme was also genius and yet some people here resented it and resented Stern for ever making it. Mind boggling how anyone can think like that.

#8842 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Im not, but that dude buying 36k pins probably is.
[quoted image]

vidgameseller, I agree with your take on what pins are, 100%.. unfortunaltely, quite a few people don't. I recently have been looking around for a Tron, and some sellers made the whole thing feel like it was their pension fund or something! Some will say they need to make a profit, because it's a valued game. Others want to recoup whatever the heck they added to the game, regardles if I care for a Hallmark toy with a LED that was put in trou a whole they punched in..

But, yeah I see both your point and underlord's

To get back on topic, I'd really like Stern to vault TRON, but it's just me, lol, again I'm a big sci-fi fan!

#8843 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Sounds like it. No insider info just listened to the George Gomez interview recently. He said they had a ton of orders to catch up on and the new game would be later in the year.

I've heard that either jaws or godzilla is next. Followed by zeppelin, prob in early 2021

#8844 3 years ago

If it is Queen, I sure hope the prices are more inline with a Pro (or less). Hopefully the licensing is not what it was with the Beatles. This makes things tough because I would want both Queen and Led Zep.

#8845 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Jealousy of money is as old as money itself. I grew up around people with much more money than my family had and learned to not begrudge them or have petty jealousy like displayed in this thread. There are lot of people who have tons of money. I'm not even talking about billionaires. If you made $10 million a year, how are you stupid for buying an SLE for $36K? The extra money to a person in that tax bracket is like a couple hundred to me. When I drive 50 miles each way to buy a game, I don't bicker over a couple hundred dollars if it's a game that I want. I've already invested the better part of a day; hand them the money and move on.
I think the Pro, Premium and LE model is genius and helps people on all ends of the pinball spectrum from a perspective of available play money. JJP and CGI seem to agree too. Why be an SLE hater and worry about a product that was never aimed at you? Don't buy it. Why belittle and discriminate against the 1%? Let them have their fun too and don't worry if you don't find it to be a particularly good investment LOL. If there is demand then why not make a product? Would be stupid not to. Especially one that rolls in a ton of profit margin and helps keep the cost of Premiums and Pros down a little? Before anyone bitches at that statement, tell me that the profit margin on Pros is not way less than an LE or especially an SLE. Stern is a business in a cut throat industry that has seen many companies come, go and have to be rescued. Supreme was also genius and yet some people here resented it and resented Stern for ever making it. Mind boggling how anyone can think like that.

Can I thumb up for more than 100% here? lol totally agree. It's marketing and I like that it's out there because it offers options. Also, even if you have the means to get some LE or SLE, doesn't mean you should. I prefer my GOT Premium over the GOT LE, prefer the art and the gameplay. Some people prefer the Pro because the action is more direct without the upper.. again, options! That's all it is. And Stern makes money, and they should, it's a business. Be happy it's succesfull..

#8846 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

QUEEN

My thoughts? It lasted longer than I thought for K to seek attention from the pinball community again, I wonder what he's lived on in the meantime.

Thoughts on the theme: Queen could be a nice theme. We'll see.

#8847 3 years ago

I wote it elsewhere :

Stern SPACE X MARS, in collaboration with Tesla/Elon Musk. Can you imagine what crazy things those guys could come up with?

#8848 3 years ago

SPACE X

spacextomcruise-6adacd768b4694a82d0a8687a72ab34e-1200x600 (resized).jpgspacextomcruise-6adacd768b4694a82d0a8687a72ab34e-1200x600 (resized).jpg
#8849 3 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I wote it elsewhere :
Stern SPACE X MARS, in collaboration with Tesla/Elon Musk. Can you imagine what crazy things those guys could come up with?

that would be kind of hilarious if someone tweeted at him challenging him to come up with the next level in pinball technology and he accepted the challenge and Tesla started making pinball machines.

#8850 3 years ago

that would be kind of hilarious if someone tweeted at him challenging him to come up with the next level in pinball technology and he accepted the challenge and Tesla started making pinball machines.

Actually the sort of stuff Musk would probably react to! That mind needs to be kept busy at all time.. maybe he never got in pins when he was younger, and we should try to infect him with the pin virus, somehow! SpaceX mission to Mars, Tom Cruise in talks to make a movie in actual space, great publicity for Musk. I don't tweet, don't care for any of it, but I dare you to write to Musk!! Can you imagine, an hyper accelerated ball into a Boring Company tube, flamethrower special effects, mag Lev stuff, special 'in game' Tesla ludicrous mode.. and whatever that mind of his could come up with.. and music from his gf! Lol (that part, no need to mention it because I don't really care for that type of music)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,150 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/177?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.