20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 942.
#8651 3 years ago

My mother the pinball machine.

#8652 3 years ago

Am I the only one who feels there's just no innovation left in pinball? Go ahead and rage - I put my internet flame suit on lol
Adding an LCD or internet connectivity/interactive game play ... how is that innovation? It's literally regurgitated technology from the 90's and 2000's incorporated into 2020? Egads! I haven't followed the wireless progress but have they even implemented having the machine auto backup and update the firmware yet? Yep, still early 2000's tech there too if so. But then what?

I love pinball I really do. But it just feels like we've "more or less" reached a point of rethemed machines. I look at the P3 systems and I applaud them for their efforts. But the bottom half of the pf is always the same and the top half is generally pretty lackluster as well excluding their latest "Heist" is really a good effort!

I understand it's all about money, but what would you be willing to pay for a machine that is dynamic in play instead of static?
Taking a widebody and setting it up as a standard body. Maybe the playfield would be on a motorized rotisserie. Another playfield/world on the bottom side that flips over. Almost everything could be modular so rarely ever a need to work from the bottom side. Yes, weighing in at more than a JJP widebody by a lot.
OR:
Maybe the playfield toy sinks, flips over and a new toy appears? (Might require a deeper cabinet bottom but so what?)
OR:
Subways with diverters that have the ability to randomize play?
OR:
Ramps attached to coils or motors that can randomize play?

And on a different tangeant - why not offer new code for classics such as LOTR (or insert whatever title here)? If we're willing to dump $400 into a color screen would you not spend another $400 to add modes to your already beloved pin? Yes, people think that's BS that the updates should be free - but view it like a vehicle. You get a warranty and after the warranty is over you own it. You can still buy OEM parts to fix/improve your vehicle.

#8653 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Am I the only one who feels there's just no innovation left in pinball? Go ahead and rage - I put my internet flame suit on lol
Adding an LCD or internet connectivity/interactive game play ... how is that innovation? It's literally regurgitated technology from the 90's and 2000's incorporated into 2020? Egads! I haven't followed the wireless progress but have they even implemented having the machine auto backup and update the firmware yet? Yep, still early 2000's tech there too if so. But then what?
I love pinball I really do. But it just feels like we've "more or less" reached a point of rethemed machines. I look at the P3 systems and I applaud them for their efforts. But the bottom half of the pf is always the same and the top half is generally pretty lackluster as well excluding their latest "Heist" is really a good effort!
I understand it's all about money, but what would you be willing to pay for a machine that is dynamic in play instead of static?
Taking a widebody and setting it up as a standard body. Maybe the playfield would be on a motorized rotisserie. Another playfield/world on the bottom side that flips over. Almost everything could be modular so rarely ever a need to work from the bottom side. Yes, weighing in at more than a JJP widebody by a lot.
OR:
Maybe the playfield toy sinks, flips over and a new toy appears? (Might require a deeper cabinet bottom but so what?)
OR:
OR:
And on a different tangeant - why not offer new code for classics such as LOTR (or insert whatever title here)? If we're willing to dump $400 into a color screen would you not spend another $400 to add modes to your already beloved pin? Yes, people think that's BS that the updates should be free - but view it like a vehicle. You get a warranty and after the warranty is over you own it. You can still buy OEM parts to fix/improve your vehicle.

I’m new to this so everything is exiting to me but you make a real good point .Just as in movies constantly going to the past for remakes .Its like some dont want to put the time in to bring an idea from the ground up .Yes there are new pin company’s out that take a chance like AP and Spooky on titles alone and lots of credit to them for sure .Yes unfortunately it’s all about the mighty $ but at some point fresh ideas are needed for layout.Theres space in these cabinets as is to add a few inches in depth to take advantage of space and have a 2 level pin as opposed to upper play fields that eat that space up .Anyway I’m happy as things are for now I have purchased my first 2 this year and as far as changing things up I couldn’t have gotten off to a better start !!Next up my kids are picking next 2 my oldest 12 wants FG and youngest 11 wants WCS .Movie,music,sports and comedy .I only have room for 5 n the fifth spot will be saved for something new like you just talked about .

7FD0BF37-0CC4-420C-B0A2-A4BEA85506BE (resized).jpeg7FD0BF37-0CC4-420C-B0A2-A4BEA85506BE (resized).jpeg
#8654 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

OR:
OR:
OR:

I'd like to see innovation by changing the size of the ball. 1 1/16 inch is currently standard. How much more could you fit into a game if you use 3/4 inch balls? How about 6 ramps in one machine? At the same time you could sink the playfield deeper into the cabinet and have much more room for crazy toys. Of course this is all expensive but if companies through their BOM all at the playfield, what could they accomplish?

#8655 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'd like to see innovation by changing the size of the ball. 1 1/16 inch is currently standard. How much more could you fit into a game if you use 3/4 inch balls? How about 6 ramps in one machine? At the same time you could sink the playfield deeper into the cabinet and have much more room for crazy toys. Of course this is all expensive but if companies through their BOM all at the playfield, what could they accomplish?

I think a company trying what you said would be an innovative move and cool to see what could be done with it. Might change the whole future of pins and lead to new ideas.

#8656 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

OR:
OR:
OR:

There is just so much to disagree with here...

#8657 3 years ago

So what’s the rumor? What’s the next game?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8658 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So what’s the rumor? What’s the next game?

It seems everyone thinks it will be Led Zeppelin. I’m holding out for a JAWS. Fingers crossed. I’d also be interested in a Godzilla...especially if they did Godzilla vs Kong (that’s supposed to be the third and final Godzilla film).

#8659 3 years ago

My son wants a Fortnite edition pinball..lol

#8661 3 years ago

It sounded like they have a bunch of orders to catch up on along with all the turtles to build. Really great interview with really good discussion and insight from George. Highly recommend.

#8662 3 years ago

Fantastic. zombyetilicious

#8663 3 years ago

Bad Cats II
Need I say more.

#8664 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

It seems everyone thinks it will be Led Zeppelin. I’m holding out for a JAWS. Fingers crossed. I’d also be interested in a Godzilla...especially if they did Godzilla vs Kong (that’s supposed to be the third and final Godzilla film).

I'd also like to see Godzilla.

No more music pins for awhile for me , unless it's Borg doing Lawrence Welk.

#8665 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I'd also like to see Godzilla.
No more music pins for awhile for me , unless it's Borg doing Lawrence Welk.

Unless it’s Borg doing Queen

#8666 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

No - I think he is working on Welk. It was pushed off quite a number of years. I think it's finally coming.

#8667 3 years ago

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a GI Joe pin.

#8668 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I'd be more interested in a machine based on the Star Trek Borg Queen.

#8669 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

My mother the pinball machine.

Id play it, again, with some great knockers too!

#8670 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Bad Cats II
Need I say more.

Bad Cats II: Heathcliff's Revenge

#8671 3 years ago

Back To Z Future , with Biff's 1946 Ford from the famous manure scene .

biff (resized).jpgbiff (resized).jpg
#8672 3 years ago

Led zeppelin was thrown out there to throw people off the scent. For the most part it worked.

#8673 3 years ago

The Duke

Vs

The Warriors

Vs

Scarface

Vs

Young Guns

Vs

Top Gun

Vote Now !!!!

#8674 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The Duke

Vs
The Warriors

Vs
Scarface

Vs
Young Guns

Vs
Top Gun

Vote Now !!!!

Has to be the Warriors and Escape from New York .
It's like they're made for pinball with the missions- modes .
If I had to pick I would go the Warriors , such great call outs .

#8675 3 years ago

Hopefully Elwin is next.

#8676 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hopefully Elwin is next.

Gotto be Steve Ritchie next, he’s not been on design since BKSOR, we’ve had Elwin and Borg drop a game since then.

#8677 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The Duke

Vs
The Warriors

Vs
Scarface

Vs
Young Guns

Vs
Top Gun

Vote Now !!!!

I vote for better choices

#8678 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Gotto be Steve Ritchie next, he’s not been on design since BKSOR, we’ve had Elwin and Borg drop a game since then.

That is why I hope Elwin is next Lol

#8679 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

That is why I hope Elwin is next Lol

Too soon. Do you really want Stern to release another 0.29 coded game right now, like they did with BM66 just for the sake of releasing a game?

#8680 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Too soon. Do you really want Stern to release another 0.29 coded game right now, like they did with BM66 just for the sake of releasing a game?

With an Elwin playfield... sure!

#8681 3 years ago

Uh...ok.

#8682 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Elwin might have had a few concepts in his back pocket ready to go.. I believe he has his hand in the code also. I am ok with a Richie pin.. SW and BKSOR did not make me jump for joy..

#8683 3 years ago

Steve Ritchie stopped trying years ago. Always more of the same. Nothing to get excited about. Ill.have already played something very similar.

#8684 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Steve Ritchie stopped trying years ago. Always more of the same. Nothing to get excited about. Ill.have already played something very similar.

I was really surprised how the Stern Star Trek was such a rehash of ST:TNG. It really just seems like the same design squeezed into a standard body machine with the cannons removed.

It also surprises me at how highly rated the Stern game is. My reaction was "Eh...I've already played a better version of this." (and I am a big Star Trek fan)

#8685 3 years ago

Wow I don't agree with that at all. Stern star trek doesn't feel anything like ST:TNG - completely different. Now if you say Stern star trek plays similar to spiderman, I'd say your onto something. SR has found a successful formula at Stern he follows and he doesn't deviate too much from it so his next game will look and feel familiar.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was really surprised how the Stern Star Trek was such a rehash of ST:TNG. It really just seems like the same design squeezed into a standard body machine with the cannons removed.
It also surprises me at how highly rated the Stern game is. My reaction was "Eh...I've already played a better version of this." (and I am a big Star Trek fan)

#8686 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

SR has found a successful formula at Stern he follows and he doesn't deviate too much from it so his next game will look and feel familiar.

He's been doing it way before Stern.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was really surprised how the Stern Star Trek was such a rehash of ST:TNG.

I don't know why. Never seen HS2? T3? EDIT: BK series

#8687 3 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

Bad Cats II
Need I say more.

I can never tell if bad cats references are real or a joke. I had one many years ago and never thought it was a great machine. But then I saw the one on pinside for $4K plus. Just curious...

#8688 3 years ago

Wow I don't agree with that at all. Stern star trek doesn't feel anything like ST:TNG - completely different. Now if you say Stern star trek plays similar to spiderman, I'd say your onto something. SR has found a successful formula at Stern he follows and he doesn't deviate too much from it so his next game will look and feel familiar.

Don't really see how you could miss it. Let's see...

1) 3 flippers - in the same positions
2) stand up targets just above the slingshots (on both sides)
3) loop with spinner going from left to right (to the right upper flipper)
4) left side ramp that loops around back to encourage repeat loops
5) center lock underneath large model of enemy spaceship
6) "alpha quadrant" ramp just to the left of the center lock, returning to left flipper
7) standup target just to the right of the center lock
8) "beta quadrant" ramp just to the right of that

Yes, there are some differences - mainly the removal of the cannons and the additions of the left side lock and the right side (behind the flipper) lane.
But these are mainly to reduce costs and to deal with the smaller playfield area of a standard body game.

#8689 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The Duke

Vs
The Warriors

Vs
Scarface

Vs
Young Guns

Vs
Top Gun

Vote Now !!!!

Top Gun. One of the few titles mentioned here I'd be interested in NIB... particularly if Elwin designed it.

#8690 3 years ago

BTTF Please Please Please!

0350FEB3-E899-4AD8-92E7-632C2CE3BC36 (resized).jpeg0350FEB3-E899-4AD8-92E7-632C2CE3BC36 (resized).jpeg
#8691 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I've never liked STTNG and always said "if they made this in a standard body with regular outlanes, I'd buy one." Stern did, and I did! Those wide cannons ruin the playfield geometry. Worst slingshots ever. Good riddance. Also, no lame video mode.

Yes I realize I'm in the minority.

#8692 3 years ago

SR has found a successful formula at Stern he follows and he doesn't deviate too much from it so his next game will look and feel familiar.

Steve has two games: 2 flipper & 3 flipper. I hope he proves me wrong.

#8693 3 years ago

So the next game won’t be a John Borg game obviously. Even a Keith Elwin game is unlikely since Jurassic Park is still fresh.
I suspect it will either be a Steve Ritchie or George Gomez game. Personally I would love to se another Gomez game.

#8694 3 years ago

SR Led Zep next and can’t wait as I tend to like his games!

#8695 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Personally I would love to see another Gomez game.

My impression is that he's busy enough being the EVP/CCO that he only works on special projects, no cornerstones. Deadpool seems to be an outlier, emergency bailout of you-know-who.

#8696 3 years ago

Looking forward to a 3 flipper SR...its been little bit.

#8697 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

SR Led Zep next and can’t wait as I tend to like his games!

Can't wait for Zeppelin as well been waiting for this one for a while.

#8698 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

My impression is that he's busy enough being the EVP/CCO that he only works on special projects, no cornerstones. Deadpool seems to be an outlier, emergency bailout of you-know-who.

George Gomez is a video game and pinball icon for sure. I was sorry to see he got spanked on Transformers. But he personally ignored the Optimus Prime roadblock for a year!

Steve Ritchie lost credibility with Dimple-gate, but again, love his stuff.

Amazing how long it takes to build rep and how quickly it can get damaged.

#8699 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

George Gomez is a video game and pinball icon for sure...

I mean i guess he's one of the 10 designers of that last 30 years....if that makes you an icon.

#8700 3 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

OR:
OR:
OR:

YES! look back at all thethings that were done in the sixties and forgotten. Roto wheels, gobble holes, backglass animation..
Oktoberfest! was the most refreshing title in a long time, Not another redo. unlike any Stern in years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linthicum Heights, MD
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,075 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/174?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.