Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 938.
#8601 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

People said Iron Maiden would never work I said it would about 7 or 8 years ago on pinside. Now it’s voted Sterns number #1 baby. Hey Gary Stern you owe me at least a shirt, actually someone on here does if game was made need to find it again on past thread. Here it is https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-iron-maiden-album-in-2014-will-a-pin-follow-3/page/2

Screenshot_20200724-072058_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200724-072058_Google (resized).jpg
#8602 3 years ago

People said Iron Maiden would never work I said it would about 7 or 8 years ago on pinside. Now it’s voted Sterns number #1 baby. Hey Gary Stern you owe me at least a shirt, actually someone on here does if game was made need to find it again on past thread. Here it is https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-iron-maiden-album-in-2014-will-a-pin-follow-3/page/2

To be fair, you said "there is a new album coming out, that means a maiden pin should come out too, but it should only have old songs on it." Anyone who wanted an Iron Maiden pin felt exactly the same. No Maiden fans like anything new from them. It's not like that was a big gamble on your part lol.

You also didn't go into what would be in the game from a toys perspective (you probably wouldn't have guessed pharoah and sarcophagus as key features), talk about which songs would be in the game/how playing through those modes would look, what the wizard modes would look like, what the shot layout would be similar to, etc. You basically said "I want an Iron Maiden pin" and left it at that. People didn't say Iron Maiden wouldn't work, they said "why not X instead?" because they don't like Iron Maiden. I don't love Iron Maiden as a band (I like them), but it is one of my all-time favourite pins. None of what makes Iron Maiden great as a pin has anything to do with the band or the music, which is why even people who don't like Maiden like the pin.

#8603 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

None of what makes Iron Maiden great as a pin has anything to do with the band or the music, which is why even people who don't like Maiden like the pin.

Yes, I like IM as a machine, but that is despite the theme - not because of it.

In general, I don't like any of the rock-band themes, and Iron Maiden is as bad of a theme as is possible. Though, I guess The Partridge Family could be worse.

#8604 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

To be fair, you said "there is a new album coming out, that means a maiden pin should come out too....

Has Stern released any pin becasue of any anniversary or sequel released like everyone keeps guessing? I'm thinking GB was close, but came out before the new one....but has anything else? People are obsessed with looking for shit like that but in reality I don;t think it happens.
For more proof just read anything having to do with SW and may 4th...people are nutty over that one.

#8605 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

People are obsessed with looking for shit like that but in reality I don;t think it happens.

And if it does it's just coincidence/luck. Every year is some multiple of 5 anniversary for something related to a theme.

#8606 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Has Stern released any pin becasue of any anniversary or sequel released like everyone keeps guessing? I'm thinking GB was close, but came out before the new one....but has anything else? People are obsessed with looking for shit like that but in reality I don;t think it happens.
For more proof just read anything having to do with SW and may 4th...people are nutty over that one.

I don't think so. I agree, just people looking to have some meaning to something. The reality is that it takes years and years to take something from concept to delivery, and to think that Stern is planning these things out based on anniversary's of things is ridiculous.

#8607 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I'm a Scooby Doo fan and in general, a dog lover ......
But Scrappy Doo..................... I hate that mutt!
It spoiled it for me...... so would be guaranteed to be plastered all over an LE

How about Scooby Doo and The New Shmoo?

#8608 3 years ago

Boooooo boooooo booo

#8609 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

To be fair, you said "there is a new album coming out, that means a maiden pin should come out too, but it should only have old songs on it." Anyone who wanted an Iron Maiden pin felt exactly the same. No Maiden fans like anything new from them. It's not like that was a big gamble on your part lol.
You also didn't go into what would be in the game from a toys perspective (you probably wouldn't have guessed pharoah and sarcophagus as key features), talk about which songs would be in the game/how playing through those modes would look, what the wizard modes would look like, what the shot layout would be similar to, etc. You basically said "I want an Iron Maiden pin" and left it at that. People didn't say Iron Maiden wouldn't work, they said "why not X instead?" because they don't like Iron Maiden. I don't love Iron Maiden as a band (I like them), but it is one of my all-time favourite pins. None of what makes Iron Maiden great as a pin has anything to do with the band or the music, which is why even people who don't like Maiden like the pin.

That would be too much work. I do wish it had more toys in it. Like Eddie head where balls locked into his eyes and mouth in back of game where the center ramp goes through and just hits it.

#8610 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

In general, I don't like any of the rock-band themes, and Iron Maiden is as bad of a theme as is possible. Though, I guess The Partridge Family could be worse.

Couldn't agree more. Wish they'd take the game design and use it on a different theme for those of us who can't stand Iron Maiden.

#8612 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

None of what makes Iron Maiden great as a pin has anything to do with the band or the music, which is why even people who don't like Maiden like the pin.

Except if you are already a Maiden fan. The music is well integrated. It doesnt feel tacked on (which is surprising since it kind of literally was)
I even upgraded my speakers which is not something id normally do.
The game is great regardless of ones feekings about the music butnthe music DOES help make the game even better to a Maiden Fan.
I like AC/DC music ok but i dont like the way its tied into the gameplay on that one.

#8613 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

...I love my KISS game, fan of the band since I’m 6 y/y, so I’m glad Stern did it.

#8614 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Except if you are already a Maiden fan. The music is well integrated. It doesnt feel tacked on (which is surprising since it kind of literally was)
I even upgraded my speakers which is not something id normally do.
The game is great regardless of ones feekings about the music butnthe music DOES help make the game even better to a Maiden Fan.
I like AC/DC music ok but i dont like the way its tied into the gameplay on that one.

My point is If your a fan of rock n roll and heavy metal and don’t like Maiden music something must be wrong with you. They are in the top 25 bands of these categories. Just about all 25 bands are good, not all my favorite but not the bands I dislike the most. It’s not like the pin was made on some trendy alternative music or new wave Korn crap era.

#8615 3 years ago

With any luck Slash is getting into Ozzy's ear about a pinball machine
slshnoz (resized).jpgslshnoz (resized).jpg

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/readers-poll-the-10-greatest-black-sabbath-songs-14617/

#8616 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How about Scooby Doo and The New Shmoo?

Haha, yep the lovely Shmoo
Very popular term (Definition 3 ) here down under

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shmoo

#8617 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Haha, yep the lovely Shmoo
Very popular term (Definition 3 ) here down under
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shmoo

Even shmoo whiskers made excellent toothpicks.

#8618 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Couldn't agree more. Wish they'd take the game design and use it on a different theme for those of us who can't stand Iron Maiden.

Archer would have been much better for me.

#8619 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

You do realize IM = iron man, since 2010?

#8620 3 years ago

George Gomez was on the super awesome pinball show and said they passed on Big Trouble in little China , I think that was a mistake . Maybe they passed just to piss off Kaneda .
https://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/show/superawesomepinballshow/id/15277331

IMG_20200725_233920 (resized).jpgIMG_20200725_233920 (resized).jpg
#8621 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Archer would have been much better for me.

Never watched or heard of Archer or Rick n Morty until on pinside, not a fan of either themes. On a side note I do think the new design used for Maiden that was originally archer helped the game sell so well and why its liked more. Wish they did not delete the additional items in archer when they converted to Maiden. I just wish as I have over expressed Maiden had more toys (like Metallica) or items in it to make it so special besides just shots.

#8622 3 years ago

Never watched or heard of Archer or Rick n Morty until on pinside, not a fan of either themes. On a side note I do think the new design used for Maiden that was originally archer helped the game sell so well and why its liked more. Wish they did not delete the additional items in archer when they converted to Maiden. I just wish as I have over expressed Maiden had more toys (like Metallica) or items in it to make it so special besides just shots.

I second that, as in TMNT could’ve had a war plane drop multiball like parachuters .Still it’s my favorite game by far !!

#8623 3 years ago

I’ve been watching a lot of old movies with my kids as there’s nothing new .Theyre on a horror run and I keep wondering why a exorcist,Halloween,Friday 13th or shinning isn’t made into a pin .To me this is a no brainer with the creepy music and unsuspecting scary shit happening .Im new to this has there ever been rumors about anything like these ?

#8624 3 years ago

Never watched or heard of Archer or Rick n Morty until on pinside

Both are cartoons, but they are not kids shows. They both are funny on many levels and aimed at geeky/intelligent people in much the same demographic as the pinball collecting community. I wish Stern had gotten the Rick and Morty theme, so there would not be this stupid limit on the number of games. I also with they would re-release IMDN as Archer at some point.

I really like the layout of IMDN and I know a lot of people bought the game despite the theme - not because of it. If I ever got IMDN, I would have to substitute every song in the game with pinbrowser. I figure a bunch of Ozzie, Hendrix and Deep Purple will fit that game fine.

#8625 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Both are cartoons, but they are not kids shows. They both are funny on many levels and aimed at geeky/intelligent people in much the same demographic as the pinball collecting community. I wish Stern had gotten the Rick and Morty theme, so there would not be this stupid limit on the number of games. I also with they would re-release IMDN as Archer at some point.
I really like the layout of IMDN and I know a lot of people bought the game despite the theme - not because of it. If I ever got IMDN, I would have to substitute every song in the game with pinbrowser. I figure a bunch of Ozzie, Hendrix and Deep Purple will fit that game fine.

Not against those shows just not for me, not a fan of Deadpool or Turtles or Star Trek much but can like the pins if are fun to play. Just about any pin the songs or quotes get old and repetitive, wish the music pins had instrumental and live versions that could be put in. Iron Maiden music just works well for me with pinball. I think the extra quotes in Maiden work well with dialogue besides the music and lcd screen imagines they created too.

#8626 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve been watching a lot of old movies with my kids as there’s nothing new .Theyre on a horror run and I keep wondering why a exorcist,Halloween,Friday 13th or shinning isn’t made into a pin .To me this is a no brainer with the creepy music and unsuspecting scary shit happening .Im new to this has there ever been rumors about anything like these ?

Agreed 100%, Friday the 13th or The Exorcist sounds amazing, any Horror will/can be a great idea... I like "Fright Night(1985)" for a Pinball too

#8627 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Agreed 100%, Friday the 13th or The Exorcist sounds amazing, any Horror will/can be a great idea... I like "Fright Night(1985)" for a Pinball too

I would love a pin that would scare the shit outta me!!! My kids have a VR PS4 and the scary games are intense .Its good to be scared you feel alive lmao

#8628 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Do yourself a favor and head over to eBay to buy the universal monsters movie set. There are different versions, but they are dirt cheap...and they have all the classics (Dracula, cftbl, bride of Frankenstein, the invisible man, the wolfman, the mummy, Frankenstein, phantom of the opera, etc.)

I recently bought the 8 disc Blu-ray set, brand new with extra booklet, for 24 bucks shipped!

#8629 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Do yourself a favor and head over to eBay to buy the universal monsters movie set. There are different versions, but they are dirt cheap...and they have all the classics (Dracula, cftbl, bride of Frankenstein, the invisible man, the wolfman, the mummy, Frankenstein, phantom of the opera, etc.)
I recently bought the 8 disc Blu-ray set, brand new with extra booklet, for 24 bucks shipped!

Now your talking ..I havnt seen some of those in ages .those are a different type of horror than today’s non stop shock horrors .Tgeyre genuinely disturbing!

#8630 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Jigsaw would make a good horror pin IMHO. Think of all the cool traps they would have to work with. It could have several ways of getting through a cool but scary maze(modes). The SAW head would be perfect to taunt you as you miss shots...could be epic.

0087CD76-5A3B-43C2-97C2-36AD8E5805BF.gif0087CD76-5A3B-43C2-97C2-36AD8E5805BF.gif
#8631 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I would love a pin that would scare the shit outta me!!! My kids have a VR PS4 and the scary games are intense .Its good to be scared you feel alive lmao

The only pin I saw scare people was when Ghostbuster screams...lol

#8632 3 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

The only pin I saw scare people was when Ghostbuster screams...lol

That has made lots of people jump! Myself included.

#8633 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

With any luck Slash is getting into Ozzy's ear about a pinball machine
[quoted image]
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/readers-poll-the-10-greatest-black-sabbath-songs-14617/

Please leave it up to Iomi would you really leave Ozzy in charge of anything these days

#8634 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Nope but i have been pushing for those horrors for years. Evil Dead is the big Rumor. Resident Evil would work well i reckon also.

#8635 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Please leave it up to Iomi would you really leave Ozzy in charge of anything these days

Sharon is pretty much in charge of everything that has to do with Sabbath ever since Tony sold off the rights back in the 90s for financial recovery.

Sabbath is now regarded and marketed as just a stepping stone in Ozzy's career and nothing more. The band's official history makes it a point to disregard any of the line ups after 1979 and before 1997. Its fucked up because there are some killer albums from that time period that real fans will acknowledge but will get overlooked and forgotten 'officially' because it's not Ozzy.

I'm not entirely thrilled with how they insulted Bill Ward with that contract for the final tours. I know there are two sides but after reading Bill's public statements, you know he wasnt getting a fair share. For Sharon its about money, For Bill it's always been about the music, and it was clear to me he wasnt gonna settle for their bullshit.

Sorry for the rant, but if anyone considers another music pin in the near future and Ozzy is considered, I really hope they do so as a solo career theme, but leave Black Sabbath alone. I just dont think it will be justified.

I think I'd rather see a Judas Priest pin anyways. It's the best untouched music theme out there IMO.

#8636 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Sharon is pretty much in charge of everything that has to do with Sabbath ever since Tony sold off the rights back in the 90s for financial recovery.
Sabbath is now regarded and marketed as just a stepping stone in Ozzy's career and nothing more. The band's official history makes it a point to disregard any of the line ups after 1979 and before 1997. Its fucked up because there are some killer albums from that time period that real fans will acknowledge but will get overlooked and forgotten 'officially' because it's not Ozzy.
I'm not entirely thrilled with how they insulted Bill Ward with that contract for the final tours. I know there are two sides but after reading Bill's public statements, you know he wasnt getting a fair share. For Sharon its about money, For Bill it's always been about the music, and it was clear to me he wasnt gonna settle for their bullshit.
Sorry for the rant, but if anyone considers another music pin in the near future and Ozzy is considered, I really hope they do so as a solo career theme, but leave Black Sabbath alone. I just dont think it will be justified.
I think I'd rather see a Judas Priest pin anyways. It's the best untouched music theme out there IMO.

Even Worse i heard Sharon is a bitch. Pretty sure Maiden didn't rate her hated her guts. I always thought Iomi was the brains of the band.

#8637 3 years ago

Sabbath and incorporate Dio in it. And yes i did see Judas Priest last year and was blown away the new album is the best they have done and that's insane. But for me Slayer, Sabbath, Led Zep, ZZ top early stuff and maybe a Woodstock lol.

#8638 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

The Warriors and a Scooby need to get made before I'm too old to see the balls.
[quoted image]

+1 for the Warriors, that would be awesome! So many good aspects of that movie you could translate to pinball.

Someone has likely mentioned already but I'd also love to see an Enter the Dragon pin. Could have some cool modes and some great callouts
--Defeating opponents and working your way through to win the tournament
--Secret missions to get in the underground lab - hitting certain targets at the wrong time means you get seen by a guard and the mode ends
--Psychedelic mode in the drug den - could be some cool lighting effects
--A Bolo bash toy
--The epic final battle against Han
--Williams' multiball - "I'll take you, and you, and you..."

And if you tilt - "O'hara's treachery has disgraced us!"

#8639 3 years ago

pearl jam .

#8640 3 years ago

... and after that Mötley Crüe, Queen and Poison

#8641 3 years ago

How about a modern day Space Shuttle But with Space X. You could have a Hyper loop for the orbits and a Cyber truck bash toy where you cold break the windows.

#8642 3 years ago

Space X with Zero G babes

Space (resized).JPGSpace (resized).JPG
#8643 3 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

How about a modern day Space Shuttle But with Space X. You could have a Hyper loop for the orbits and a Cyber truck bash toy where you cold break the windows.

A new space theme pinball is way overdue
Someone has to ace a Space 2021 machine.

#8644 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Mars Trek 2021.

#8645 3 years ago

Blacklist the pin

#8646 3 years ago
56CC5251-43E9-4373-A4A2-93E4ABCC7D69 (resized).jpeg56CC5251-43E9-4373-A4A2-93E4ABCC7D69 (resized).jpeg
#8647 3 years ago

Mars 2021 would be an awesome theme! Man, I wish...

#8648 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

2001: A Space Odyssey would be a dream theme for me.

#8649 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I must say that the potential for a game with this title it’s unlimited, and it will make you swallow ... can you imagine HAL 9000 bullying the player with those sarcastic phrases ...:-"Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly..." or :- “I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that”..."

Hal can be the "Launch"

2A19F559-A3E7-45E7-9555-24BC4DC494BB (resized).jpeg2A19F559-A3E7-45E7-9555-24BC4DC494BB (resized).jpeg

#8650 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Id prefer something more light hearted.
Futurama or Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for me.

Edit: im also probably one of only 12 people in the world who would also love a Farscape pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/173?hl=a-1bogart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.