Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,019 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 941.
#8401 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Supposedly it’ll have animations of the main characters but no voices. Screams, songs (farewell and adeu), main theme, orca ship, mayor, Mrs. Kintner, etc. enough to recreate some feel.
With that said...I’m thinking my bro Cleland will work his magic and really immerse us!
HOOPA! 12 MINUTES SOUTH-SOUTHEAST NOW! FULL THROTTLE![quoted image]

I owned a Jaws Pachinko years ago and it had limited assets that where a lot like you describe - no real actor voices or images, and limited if any actual movie clips. Similar to JP2 with only music and imagery. And the large pachinko companies can afford to pay far more than Stern for a license, and US actors/estates are typically more willing to license in foreign countries. Stern would probably do a better job creating a Jaws theme world, but many will likely still be disappointed.

#8402 3 years ago

I will very surprised if it is Jaws.

#8403 3 years ago

I'd be all in for a Jaws. It would be perfect for the movie theater.

#8404 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks like you finally got your wish underlord congrats dude.
I always felt if they did eventually do JAWS it would be done in the same vein as Elwin did JP.

I dunno man. They punished me with this in the walking dead:

E355450D-3CA5-46E3-A9C1-9F872F061991 (resized).jpegE355450D-3CA5-46E3-A9C1-9F872F061991 (resized).jpeg
#8405 3 years ago

A number of Jaws VP's out there.
Easy to see how the theme would translate to pinball.

Unfortunately it is highly unlikely that a Jaws from Stern will include original IP from the classic 1975 film.
Hope im wrong.
If they are going ahead with Jaws I think that it will be more along the lines of how JP was done.

#8406 3 years ago

Holy hell thats a boring, ugly game. Great music though lol. Looks like Jaws by American Pinball.

#8407 3 years ago

The FX3 version gives a much better idea of what could be done with the theme.

#8408 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno man. They punished me with this in the walking dead:
[quoted image]

Never realised you where missing an eye man

#8409 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Never realised you where missing an eye man

That’s Ben Gardner.

Mine is the right eye...and thanks for bringing it up!

#8410 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The FX3 version gives a much better idea of what could be done with the theme.

Will be hard for Stern to beat this great looking Jaws.

#8411 3 years ago

Tenacious D would make a great music themed pin. In particular, the Pick of Destiny music track could play in a continuous loop. Lots of good versus evil imagery and there is an epic battle with the devil. Listen to this song to be played for the final wizard mode. Maybe there is a cock push-up training mode and another mode for growing your wiener to push the red button. This theme is so much better than Heavy Metal.

#8412 3 years ago

I would love to see a Pearl Jam pinball. there are so many people who travel the world when they are performing. They spend lots of money following the concerts and more on merchandise. I would take one for sure.

#8413 3 years ago

They should retheme Baywatch.

#8414 3 years ago

I agree with doing a Pearl Jam Pin. It is a total no brainer. PJ would do the licensing for cheap because they love the whole common man stuff. Pearl Jam has their own XM station. PJ is relevant to the generation that now has the money to buy Pins and is also loved by the young kids today so it would earn as well. PJ has more appeal then Metalica, AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Aerosmith. Led Zeplin is one of the only names that would be better than PJ. I own all the music pins and with out a doubt, PJ would be one of the best sellers with the name alone. Put Keith E on the design and it would take over MMR in the number one spot.

#8415 3 years ago

I agree with pretty much your entire Pearl Jam argument except that they are the most somber, straight-laced, image-free band imaginable. Just don't see a game there. One of their biggest hits is a dirge about a kid who shot himself at school. Their other biggest hit is a ballad about a kid with learning disabilities who gets beat up.

#8416 3 years ago

Problem with PJ is they are a pretty faceless rock band with nothing too interesting aboot them. Super famous, super loved, but what the hell would you do with the theme? Kiss, ACDC, IMDN are all super easy, they all have schtiks. Beatles is veering off a little but the went old school lunchbox angle and it works. I guess Aerosmith with be the closest one, that "toy in the attic" shit was a stretch

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8417 3 years ago

Great minds rock alike.

#8418 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Problem with PJ is they are a pretty faceless rock band with nothing too interesting aboot them. Super famous, super loved, but what the hell would you do with the theme?

Make the theme around Jeremy since he spoke in class today.

#8419 3 years ago

Maybe I'm in the minority but as far as band / music pins always wanted a Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Pin.

#8420 3 years ago

Has a Halloween movie theme ever been kicked around? Just saying you wanna talk badass theme plenty to work with would blow away TWD as far as scary pin goes.

#8421 3 years ago

Unless it's Borg on Lawrence Welk - I don't want to see another music pin for awhile.

#8422 3 years ago

Im sure its been mentioned before but I think a perfect modern theme for pinball is the fallout video game franchise. The whole post apocolyptic world with all the lore they have created over the years would be incredible. Could be a nuke bash toy that would explode after doing something. Nuka cola, mutants, different locations. Would just be awesome. And it may actually be the kind of IP that would bring in new buyers as its an incredibly successful video game franchise. Im guessing itll never happen but that would be right up there with Harry Potter for me in must have themes.

#8423 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

A number of Jaws VP's out there.
Easy to see how the theme would translate to pinball.
Unfortunately it is highly unlikely that a Jaws from Stern will include original IP from the classic 1975 film.
Hope im wrong.
If they are going ahead with Jaws I think that it will be more along the lines of how JP was done.

Just redo Baywatch.

#8424 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Has a Halloween movie theme ever been kicked around? Just saying you wanna talk badass theme plenty to work with would blow away TWD as far as scary pin goes.

Halloween and Friday the 13th are two missed opportunities.

#8425 3 years ago
Quoted from Napoleon:

Halloween and Friday the 13th are two missed opportunities.

I looked at retheming an Elvis into Halloween, making the hotel upper playfield into the Myers house, but never got around to it for one reason and another.

#8426 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Problem with PJ is they are a pretty faceless rock band with nothing too interesting aboot them. Super famous, super loved, but what the hell would you do with the theme? Kiss, ACDC, IMDN are all super easy, they all have schtiks. Beatles is veering off a little but the went old school lunchbox angle and it works. I guess Aerosmith with be the closest one, that "toy in the attic" shit was a stretch

Somebody make a Van Halen machine already!

#8427 3 years ago

I would love a Jaws pin. Simply one of the greatest movies of all time..So Timeless.
That said..if they don't' have the movie assets and audio and video clips of Roy Schnider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw then its a huge missed opportunity..
might as well just make a generic Shark table or something from one of the million other shark movies like the Meg or something

#8428 3 years ago

Give us some Stephen king pins! The Shining would be great with a “here’s Jonny” multiball.

#8429 3 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

As we know that has it's own set of problems; everything after DLR

#8430 3 years ago

Downloadable Roth?!?

#8431 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im sure its been mentioned before but I think a perfect modern theme for pinball is the fallout video game franchise. The whole post apocolyptic world with all the lore they have created over the years would be incredible. Could be a nuke bash toy that would explode after doing something. Nuka cola, mutants, different locations. Would just be awesome. And it may actually be the kind of IP that would bring in new buyers as its an incredibly successful video game franchise. Im guessing itll never happen but that would be right up there with Harry Potter for me in must have themes.

Fallout retro futuristic art design would make for one cool looking pin. I can see pushing the rpg element where you can be good or evil to get different wizard modes. Perks could be collected to make every game a little different. Collect bottle caps for currency to spend on upgrades, weapons, or whatever. That all may be too much for those not familiar with the game but so much you could do. It would also be easy to license since it's just a game. Stern could also claim that any pf issues are on purpose to add to the apocalyptic look. J/k!

#8432 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Unless it's Borg on Lawrence Welk - I don't want to see another music pin for awhile.

I'll take a Lawrence Welk pin if it has the Maharelle sisters and baby arms for flippers.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8433 3 years ago

#1 dream theme for me would be a new (& good) 48EF5ADB-EE44-4232-87DA-8408BFDDBB49.gif48EF5ADB-EE44-4232-87DA-8408BFDDBB49.gif

#8434 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Downloadable Roth?!?

Well yeah it's downloadable, but it's just the iso vocal track of running with the devil some jackasses have "just found" for 10 years.

#8435 3 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

I think up/down voting is kinda silly but I had to upvote you for that. I can’t decide if I would want a Roth or Hagar one

#8436 3 years ago

I was also thinking a Tombstone pin would be awesome. It would be like Cactus Canyon

#8437 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

#1 dream theme for me would be a new (& good) [quoted image]

The BTTF CE magnetic hovering deloreon topper "Collector Edition" signed by both Michael J Fox and Christopher Llyod you'll certainly need to have the sports almanac to help you at a likely $12,500-15k price tag. I have a feeling Ka-Pow will be involved on this one.

#8438 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I would love a Jaws pin. Simply one of the greatest movies of all time..So Timeless.
That said..if they don't' have the movie assets and audio and video clips of Roy Schnider, Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw then its a huge missed opportunity..
might as well just make a generic Shark table or something from one of the million other shark movies like the Meg or something

How did Stern ever get the full license for a huge movie like Ghostbusters with several big name actors but can't/won't for a mid-70's movie like Jaws? Not a slam on Jaws but I think I think GB is arguably the bigger and more iconic movie of the two.

Did they just decide GB was such a big theme they would pony up and accept less on the pin? I mean they got just about everything including the music.

#8439 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

How did Stern ever get the full license for a huge movie like Ghostbusters with several big name actors but can't/won't for a mid-70's movie like Jaws?

Scheider, Shaw & Hamilton are dead. Richard Dreyfuss probably doesn't need the money, so if he doesn't care about pinball, good luck. I guess they can afford Lorraine Gary.

#8440 3 years ago

Im thinking its a Richie music pin... Franchi or DD for art... code? Cant hazard guess, maybe TS again to pair up with Richie for a 2nd crack. Hopefully not Lonnie.

#8441 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Im thinking its a Richie music pin... Franchi or DD for art... code? Cant hazard guess, maybe TS again to pair up with Richie for a 2nd crack. Hopefully not Lonnie.

Ritchie's next pin is supposedly Led Zeppelin.

#8442 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ritchie's next pin is supposedly Led Zeppelin.

I heard music pin but not zep. Pretty sure thats a false leak to throw people off the scent. Stern are the champions of it.

#8443 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I heard music pin but not zep. Pretty sure thats a false leak to throw people off the scent. Stern are the champions of it.

I think Godzilla is the one that's a code name and is actually just a "giant" pin, not literally Godzilla.

Steve has said Zep is his grail music pin. I don't doubt he got the chance to do it.

#8444 3 years ago

Slayer was a rumor a bit ago also

#8445 3 years ago
rush pic (resized).jpgrush pic (resized).jpg
#8446 3 years ago

Is that Sting, Sean Penn and Donald Trump?

#8447 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Franchi or DD for art.

Maybe if they still worked for Stern.
Everything after Zombie Yeti is just competing for second best anyway.

#8448 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Scheider, Shaw & Hamilton are dead. Richard Dreyfuss probably doesn't need the money, so if he doesn't care about pinball, good luck. I guess they can afford Lorraine Gary.

Exactly. With most of the actor's dead and the movie being so long ago, how tough would it really be to get the full license?

#8449 3 years ago

Old post, but I like the idea of a Judas Priest Firepower III.

81um6dvHukL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg81um6dvHukL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#8450 3 years ago

They are fools if they don’t do this....

FED59777-3FA4-4D86-A193-E6531F17E081 (resized).pngFED59777-3FA4-4D86-A193-E6531F17E081 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, GA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,019 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/169?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.