Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 941.
#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

People were quoting him breathlessly here and elsewhere. Look it up.
Why are you so invested in protecting his fake reputation of "always" being "on the money" when he's demonstrably not?

Kaneda’s entertaining, sometimes his info is accurate, sometimes it is not, but it is fun to listen to.

I think we have all made the mistake of being misinformed and / or saying something inaccurate at times.

In one of Kaneda’s most recent podcasts he praised the Pin Monk silent fans, he put one in Rick and Morty!
89838CAF-C299-48D6-B746-EB8E7C941EAF (resized).jpeg89838CAF-C299-48D6-B746-EB8E7C941EAF (resized).jpeg

#8252 3 years ago

Stern Jaws.............................

Teeth marks in the playfield to hide the craters

Jws (resized).JPGJws (resized).JPG
#8253 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Kaneda’s entertaining, sometimes his info is accurate, sometimes it is not, but it is fun to listen to.

Which, circling back, is all I was saying. He's not always "on the money." Thank you for acknowledging that.

Quoted from pickleric:

I think we have all made the mistake of being misinformed and / or saying something inaccurate at times.
[quoted image]

This is the beginning of that bit that started with keith's carefully phrased post. It doesn't change the fact that Stern not having subways may not be an overt ban, but they keep them out in other ways (BOM restrictions, etc) that amount to a de facto ban in practice. There's no other way to explain that they do not have them even when designers KNOWN for using subways (some of them EXTENSIVELY) come to Stern and suddenly stop.

Quoted from pickleric:

In one of Kaneda’s most recent podcasts he praised the Pin Monk silent fans, he put one in Rick and Morty!

That's awesome, but I'm a little put out he didn't call it revolutionary (or did he?).

#8254 3 years ago

89824140_10222035266775207_4966039701023621120_o (resized).jpg89824140_10222035266775207_4966039701023621120_o (resized).jpg

#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's no other way to explain that they do not have them even when designers KNOWN for using subways (some of them EXTENSIVELY) come to Stern and suddenly stop.

How about “they are boring and suck.”

#8256 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

How about “they are boring and suck.”

Well, they certainly CAN, and some implementations DO, but the good amount of B/W games featuring subways sold numbers that Stern would be very envious of and were very popular on routes. Some of the most beloved pins use subways to great effect.

Indiana Jones - Great subway theme integration, sound and light show
Star Trek:TNG - Crazy, but good
Theatre of Magic - Trunk and Basement are a perfect match
Funhouse - trap door is a cool use
Twilight Zone - would you want it without them?

The majority of pin players on location (and in homes) are not world ranked and just enjoy magic and surprises from a pin. Subways give that in spades if they're done well. And if the software/sound/light show is done well enough, the wait for the ball is enjoyable. I never complain about Indy's ball lock. Ever.

#8257 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which, circling back, is all I was saying. He's not always "on the money." Thank you for acknowledging that.

This is the beginning of that bit that started with keith's carefully phrased post. It doesn't change the fact that Stern not having subways may not be an overt ban, but they keep them out in other ways (BOM restrictions, etc) that amount to a de facto ban in practice. There's no other way to explain that they do not have them even when designers KNOWN for using subways (some of them EXTENSIVELY) come to Stern and suddenly stop.

That's awesome, but I'm a little put out he didn't call it revolutionary (or did he?).

And you gotta remember that Stern are feeding misleading info in Kaneda's direction to find where the leaks are coming from.

A Jaws pin without the movie does not make sense at all.

I don't believe it at all.

#8258 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And you gotta remember that Stern are feeding misleading info in Kaneda's direction to find where the leaks are coming from.

I don't care about all that.

I don't listen to pinball podcasts in general, so I don't care what he says. But when someone says he's ALWAYS "on the money" I have to speak up and say, "uh, no...no he's not, that's clear just from what little I know of what he's said in the past."

Enjoy his show. Promote it. But don't try to sell that he's ALWAYS on the money.

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Jaws is my least fx3 pin to play... its just not a very compelling theme imo... a theme based on a great white Shark..... and?
I really dont see the attraction. Glad its not the next game.

Theme would be very compelling if you found yourself in deep ocean water. Hard to play, but maybe you should float there and think about what you did.

#8260 3 years ago

Never happen, but would love to see "They Live" translated to pinball.

#8261 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think it will have as much to do with the movie as Stern Jurassic Park had to do with that movie. It will have the famous soundtrack and be about escaping and capturing sharks. I doubt it will have any of the actors or even follow the plot. I'm sure it will be a great game though!

Ive been picturing the Nintendo game since i heard the rumours of this being a JPstyle theme. Collecting harpoons (and conch shells for some reason), going port to port to fix your radio and upgrade you radar, being attacked by Jaws and then fighting him as a little swimmer guy. Final death blow in that game was ramming your boat right through Jaws but the timing was so hard to figure out lol

#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Never happen, but would love to see "They Live" translated to pinball.

“JUST PUT ON THE DAMNED GLASSES!” Mode. Classic.

#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

“JUST PUT ON THE DAMNED GLASSES!” Mode. Classic.

You dare downvote one of the best JLN turd games? You sir have no taste for poorly made fun.

#8264 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

[quoted image]

Who’s this guy and why does he hate that flower?

#8265 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You dare downvote one of the best JLN turd games? You sir have no taste for poorly made fun.

Did I? Hit it by accident on my phone. Damned sausage fingers.

I gladly retract.

#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Who’s this guy and why does he hate that flower?

I didnt notice that guy. I was too fixated on the guy picking his teeth on the right.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8267 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I.didnt notice that guy. I was to fixated on the guy picking his teeth on the right.

Goddammit. Now I can’t unsee that.

#8268 3 years ago

Tons of stuff they could do with a Shawshank Redemption pin. Raquel Welch drop down to access the tunnel of sewage, multi-balls getting locked in the laundry, collecting chess pieces, etc.

#8269 3 years ago
Quoted from CPanther95:

Tons of stuff they could do with a Shawshank Redemption pin. Raquel Welch drop down to access the tunnel of sewage, multi-balls getting locked in the laundry, collecting chess pieces, etc.

Nothing says fun like wrongful imprisonment, beatings, rape, doing taxes,.........
Holy hell, why would you want this?
A game where you escape prison? Ok, that i can see. Freaking Shawshank? Great movie. Pinball? I wouldnt want it.
Sidenote: if you arent going to pay for Morgan Freeman to narrate then itnisnt wven Shawshank imo lol.

#8270 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Nothing says fun like wrongful imprisonment, beatings, rape, doing taxes,.........
Holy hell, why would you want this?
A game where you escape prison? Ok, that i can see. Freaking Shawshank? Great movie. Pinball? I wouldnt want it.
Sidenote: if you arent going to pay for Morgan Freeman to narrate then itnisnt wven Shawshank imo lol.

Definitely get Morgan Freeman for call outs.

... and as a kid, I didn't think driving a tractor trailer was fun, but playing Night Rider was fun. It even changed my opinion on how fun driving one might be. SR could do the same thing for how we view the experiences Andy Dufresne went through.

Plus, there's too few pins that have an opportunity to expose people to opera - and prison rape. Admittedly, it's a fairly niche group into both, but once you make a Waterworld pin, you've pretty much disregarded mass appeal as an important criteria.

#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

[quoted image]

Wish Maiden had more in it than just pure shots, it’s fun and fast But no toys and middle of game gets old quick. Too bad these features left out.

#8272 3 years ago

Does Gary know *The Next Stern Pin*

9A827876-DDE8-45CD-BA76-5E3A54EC9C71 (resized).png9A827876-DDE8-45CD-BA76-5E3A54EC9C71 (resized).png
#8273 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't care about all that.
I don't listen to pinball podcasts in general, so I don't care what he says. But when someone says he's ALWAYS "on the money" I have to speak up and say, "uh, no...no he's not, that's clear just from what little I know of what he's said in the past."
Enjoy his show. Promote it. But don't try to sell that he's ALWAYS on the money.

No way is he always on the money!

He said Alien remake was 100% in 2019 so there you go.

I actually heard from a good source that Jaws was a no but take it with a pinch of salt.

#8274 3 years ago

I am pretty sure that Keith’s next pin is Godzilla and that it will be released in 2020. If Stern moves forward with the Jaws license AND they assign it to Keith, it won’t be his 3rd or 4th design, both of which are done and in the can (undergoing software completion). So more than likely, Kaneda was shown the lure of Jaws and once seen, he bit. It caught him - hook, line and sinker.

Ask yourself, does this fall within Stern’s sense of humor? ... to assign code name Jaws to the Godzilla pinball machine. Once they are ready to produce Jaws in 2022, they can assign James Bond for it’s code name. Either way, we are years away from seeing Jaws.

#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am pretty sure that Keith’s next pin is Godzilla and that it will be released in 2020. If Stern moves forward with the Jaws license AND they assign it to Keith, it won’t be his 3rd or 4th design, both of which are done and in the can (undergoing software completion). So more than likely, Kaneda was shown the lure of Jaws and once seen, he bit. It caught him - hook, line and sinker.
Ask yourself, does this fall within Stern’s sense of humor? ... to assign code name Jaws to the Godzilla pinball machine. Once they are ready to produce Jaws in 2022, they can assign James Bond for it’s code name. Either way, we are years away from seeing Jaws.

JAWS was the code name for Jurassic Park. I doubt they reuse code names.

#8276 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

No way is he always on the money!
He said Alien remake was 100% in 2019 so there you go.
I actually heard from a good source that Jaws was a no but take it with a pinch of salt.

Another great example.

#8277 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I think he meant on what release is next not what toys it has.

Thanks. That is what I meant.

#8278 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Theme would be very compelling if you found yourself in deep ocean water. Hard to play, but maybe you should float there and think about what you did.

Hmmmm???? na still a crap theme. i wish it was next though... would save me some money.

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Hmmmm???? na still a crap theme. i wish it was next though... would save me some money.

Trying to make a joke. Never mind.

#8280 3 years ago

My fingers are crossed for a different Universal Studios license.....BTTF please! Even if its not all three movies...if it used TellTale Game's graphics and was as focused as JP...it would be incredible.

I already have my topper.

IMG_1206 (resized).jpgIMG_1206 (resized).jpg
#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

My fingers are crossed for a different Universal Studios license.....BTTF please! Even if its not all three movies...if it used TellTale Game's graphics and was as focused as JP...it would be incredible.
I already have my topper.[quoted image]

Fingers crossed here for the same. Sweet topper

#8282 3 years ago
1DC2C0F1-A548-4392-A8B8-6C9B633D52F8 (resized).jpeg1DC2C0F1-A548-4392-A8B8-6C9B633D52F8 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I already have my topper.[quoted image]

Are people hoping for an updated BTTF? Is the original not fun to play?

#8284 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thats an understatement.

#8285 3 years ago

Topper?

B5F189AF-2E89-4572-8364-12FFEECE5823 (resized).jpegB5F189AF-2E89-4572-8364-12FFEECE5823 (resized).jpeg
#8286 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Original is great IMO, won't ever leave my collection. However, I'd love an update and would be an LE buyer.

#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Topper?
[quoted image]

Sure looks like Sterns topper box.. maybe they are ready and shipping with overseas games, people buying them without seeing them honestly wouldn’t surprise me at this point.

#8288 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Topper?
[quoted image]

Probably a JP topper. Trying to save a few bucks shipping them together

#8289 3 years ago

Boy, lining up for another topper-gate so soon?

#8290 3 years ago

The people complain: my r2d2 topper is making noize and its leaking lights and the decals suck! For 750$

Stern: next topper only plastic and lights.... but with a goat mode!

The people complain: my topper is only plastic and lights for 600$

The next step
Stern: here s a topper just a plastic shark/godzilla for 500$! .....But you wil get an extra cow mode!

Moral, if you buy, ....don't you cry!
(Jjp guns and roses with probably a nice topper pun intended)

#8291 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

The people complain: my r2d2 topper is making noize and its leaking lights and the decals suck! For 750$
Stern: next topper only plastic and lights.... but with a goat mode!
The people complain: my topper is only plastic and lights for 600$
The next step
Stern: here s a topper just a plastic shark/godzilla for 500$! .....But you wil get an extra cow mode!
Moral, if you buy, ....don't you cry!

Nicely said!!

#8292 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

It'll be an actual pistol with real ammo that shoots the petals off a live rose.

#8293 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

if you buy, ....don't you cry!

Genuinely made me laugh this and so true, this needs to be a Pinside commandment!

#8294 3 years ago

Wouldn't mind a Get Smart and Hogan's Heroes sitting side by side.

#8295 3 years ago

Stern is cranking out Heavy Metal

#8296 3 years ago

I'd buy a Vacation. Load up the metallic pea, visit Eddie, cross the desert, swim with CB, head to Wally, celebrate Christmas, shoot around Europe and Vegas

#8297 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Ozzy callouts would be hilarious!</blockquote C'mon! Louder! Lets go f'n crazy! Let me see your hands! I love you all! Louder! I cant f'n hear you! C'mon! Thank you good night we love you all!

Ozzy callouts would be hilarious!

#8298 3 years ago

Spaceballs! I think that would be a great pin. Just think of all of the humor you could put into it. Just thinking outside of the planet!

#8299 3 years ago

Like to see a Daniel Craig James Bond machine done after his last movie is completed this year...

#8300 3 years ago

I have it on good authority the next 2 Sterns are a Gilligan's Island update, and an ALF. ALF has a great strip club mode taken from that tv movie they had after it was cancelled

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 495.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/166?hl=pinlover88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.