Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 924.
#8201 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Pitch this to American Pinball. Sounds like their kind of theme....

I think it would also sell well considering you have so many people not only obsessed with Disney World / the Theme parks but many people love in example specifically let's say "Frozen" which you can incorporate into the playfield. Or just an element from say "Snow White" / 7 Dwarfs mine train. It would sell well I think. The instruction cards can be signed by the characters:

You can wrap the game as
Pro - Generic Disney Art / Animation style
2x versions of the Premium - Disney Good Characters / Villain Characters
LE - Epcot 125pc, Animal Kingdom 125pc, Hollywood Studios 125pc Magic Kingdom 125pc
CE - 100pc Special artwork (comes with an authentic certified theme park prop or something you can't easily buy & perhaps park tickets with some kind of special perk / behind the scenes tour etc .. special reservation, special seating a VIP tour whatever)
img_20141217_0003 (resized).jpgimg_20141217_0003 (resized).jpg

Also you can't deny the numbers, globally 157 million people having visited a Disney theme park somewhere in the world last year. This pin would make so much sense.

#8202 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I've always thought they should do "Walt Disney World" under glass.
[quoted image]

My wife would freak out and demand that we buy it, lol!

#8203 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Will we see some serious shit on the next pinball ?
How will the pinball hover
How will the flux capacitor flux
How will we time travel in style
How will we hit the lightning rod shot
How do you obtain the plutonium
How do you outrun the Libyans
How do we save the clock tower
How can the flippers self flip / lace in the year 2015
How do we hit 88 mph while passing the outer loops
How do you not run into your parents
How do we knock out Biff
How do you play the right chords to prevent the picture image from fading on the LCD
Not sure if the next Stern game will take an Einstein, or a Doctor but it could be pretty McFly if they get it right.

If BTTF ever gets done, I hope its American Pinball or Spooky.

#8204 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If they pay for BTTF assets you can bet your ass it’s a bare playfield as there won’t be much left for the playfield after all those licensing dollars have been spent.

Anyway Stern are not doing a BTTF. Lets wait and look at LED ZEP if it is bare as i am sure the license must have been a fair bit. I do not care about bare anyway Look at Munsters pretty stacked and not great because of code. Code is more important these days.

#8205 3 years ago

Iam all in for Stern to make a Scarface
Pinball.. that would be awesome

#8206 3 years ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Bill and Ted Pinball.

Have you seen the trailer for the new Bill and Ted movie?

#8207 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Have you seen the trailer for the new Bill and Ted movie?

I did! - While I want to see it I'm not "buying" Keanu Reeves role/ acting yet. XD

I hope the german dub voice has a bit more energy left in him. XD

#8208 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I did! - While I want to see it I'm not "buying" Keanu Reeves role/ acting yet. XD

Yeah Keanu looks like the issue so far.
Not trusting this yet either...I thought it was supposed to focus on their kids?

#8209 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Keanu looks like the issue so far.
Not trusting this yet either...I thought it was supposed to focus on their kids?

That was Ghostbusters! XD

#8210 3 years ago
BCBFFE2B-AAEC-4F8A-BB3C-39B0647AD462 (resized).jpegBCBFFE2B-AAEC-4F8A-BB3C-39B0647AD462 (resized).jpeg
#8211 3 years ago

Electronic Art I love it.

#8212 3 years ago

With Godzilla vs Kong now officially moved to May of next year, here's hoping Godzilla was a codename for a massive Elwin title, and not actually Godzilla.

With the constant pushing of big event movies due to COVID-19 uncertainty and flareups, it's a bad time to have a movie pin license.

#8213 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I've always thought they should do "Walt Disney World" under glass. It can incorporate all of their major 4 Disney World theme parks, the rides can be both incorporated onto the playfield along with the LCD of a POV while being on that particular ride. They have iconic characters, rides, themes, songs etc.
-Represent the 4 major parks:
Epcot
Animal Kingdom
Hollywood Studios
Magic Kingdom
-Characters galore Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip N Dale, Figment
-Carousel of progress the backboard or backbox can change rotate scenes from different time periods
-Spinning "tea cups" / pops that interact with the ball
-Cinderella's Castle multiball / bridge.
-Spiel call outs from the attractions / narrations .... "Mr Morrow, Paging Mr. Tom Morrow...."
-Midway Toy Story game can be played on LCD with button on lockdown bar
-Jungle Cruise audible call outs / jokes,
-Expedition Everest Yeti interact with the ball.
-Space Mountain mode playfield has a star effect / LEDs
-Dumbo can magically lift the ball / flly to a different area of the playfield.
-Inverted loop for the Aerosmith Rock N' Rollercoaster
-Travel obtain countries / inserts from The world showcase at Epcot,
-Monorail around 7 seas lagoon can carry the ball.
-Parades / Fireworks / Lighting LCD / LED's
-Tower of Terror Twilight Zone flippers flip reversed
-The haunted mansion can easily create peppers ghost effect on the playfield / LED creepy lighting.
-Unlock RETRO retired rides like Mr. Toad & 20,000 Leagues under the sea LCD POV Ride footage
[quoted image]

I've said it before, Expedition Everest with a Yeti and made to be a updated, modern type of Whitewater game with a mountain/snow theme is one I'd be interested in.

Disney World is a great idea but there is no way they could do all that in one pinball machine. Too much needed to fit it into one game to do it justice.

#8214 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I've said it before, Expedition Everest with a Yeti and made to be a updated, modern type of Whitewater game with a mountain/snow theme is one I'd be interested in.
Disney World is a great idea but there is no way they could do all that in one pinball machine. Too much needed to fit it into one game to do it justice.

Widebody with a carousel of progress type setup in the back with three full width completely different park configurations that rotate into action as needed. Would it cost a lot and be an engineering nightmare? Yep. But I'd want to play it.

#8215 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With Godzilla vs Kong now officially moved to May of next year, here's hoping Godzilla was a codename for a massive Elwin title, and not actually Godzilla.
With the constant pushing of big event movies due to COVID-19 uncertainty and flareups, it's a bad time to have a movie pin license.

K-man says Jaws. I don't know personally, but we wait and see.

#8216 3 years ago

GTA VC would be effin amazing Pinball !!!

Very few licence hurdles there............... Mr Sharpe can deliver the goods

The 80's champions love the sound tracks and..................
Next gen kids will go nuts for this shit

GTACV (resized).jpgGTACV (resized).jpgVC 2 (resized).jpgVC 2 (resized).jpg
#8217 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

next gen kids will go nuts for this shit
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, those "next gen kids" love their 18yr old video games.
Screenshot_20200613-073824_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200613-073824_Google (resized).jpg

#8218 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Yeah, those "next gen kids" love their 18yr old video games.
[quoted image]

Haha, cool. im a next gen kid and love that 80's shit

#8219 3 years ago

Jaws on the agenda, haha Special K BS

#8220 3 years ago

Doesn't matter to me because Modern Stern Playfields SUCK !

No way I'm Buyin Dimple City F That !

#8221 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Doesn't matter to me because Modern Stern Playfields SUCK !
No way I'm Buyin Dimple City F That !

lol

#8222 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Keith on BTTF makes most sense.

Jaws - Elwin? Hmmm..... I say 99% no.

#8223 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Keith on BTTF makes most sense.
Jaws - Elwin? Hmmm..... I say 99% no.

Why is the Jaws stuff still being talked about when it was revealed to only be the code name for JP2 and that's already out?

#8224 3 years ago

I guess i need to rewatch Jaws. I dont quite understand the fascination with this as a theme.

#8225 3 years ago

Can we get an Electric Light Orchestra pinball please, Stern?

ELO-a-new-world-record-3 (resized).jpgELO-a-new-world-record-3 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8226 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

K-man says Jaws. I don't know personally, but we wait and see.

If it's going to be "Inspired by" the Original with no Captain Quinn they might as well not waste their time. Jaws is a Grail for me, one of the few Titles I would consider for a NIB (Beatles was another, they ruined it).
I wish they would let someone else do it, right.

#8227 3 years ago
Quoted from DiscoBubbles1999:

Can we get an Electric Light Orchestra pinball please, Stern?
[quoted image]

I can't give this post enough thumbs-up. You, sir, are my absolute hero. Jeff Lynne has been a musical god to me since 1975, and I spring for tickets in the first 3 rows whenever they come around. I've been toying with the idea of retheming a trashed Addams into an ELO pin...it's already got the electric chair! But the problem is finding a trashed Addams Family. I've even got a guy that will custom paint the playfield.

So, suffice it to say your post was the highlight of my day. Thank you. And now...a picture of Jeff outside the stage door at Irving Plaza in NYC back on November 20, 2015. So close I could feel his genius rubbing off on me...

12239467_1019924831361732_2673055376049102382_n (resized).jpg12239467_1019924831361732_2673055376049102382_n (resized).jpg
#8228 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why is the Jaws stuff still being talked about when it was revealed to only be the code name for JP2 and that's already out?

Kaneda said it will be a Stern release in 2021.

I have looked past the Kaneda cry baby and I must admit, his inside info has always been on the money.

#8229 3 years ago

Stern - I’m literally on Martha’s Vineyard right now. Let’s do a promo video with Jack Danger and a pinball machine on my friend “Tubby's” boat under Jaws bridge. Let’s make it happen. Pinball on a boat with a shark in the water. Awesome.

E8C1FA77-A21A-4DDE-843A-CC26335BF482 (resized).jpegE8C1FA77-A21A-4DDE-843A-CC26335BF482 (resized).jpegFA2AB2A6-F0D5-4F4A-868B-9789463A33CD (resized).jpegFA2AB2A6-F0D5-4F4A-868B-9789463A33CD (resized).jpeg
#8230 3 years ago

I also don’t get the fascination with Jaws. The first movie was just okay, once. The many that followed...forgettable. Hoping Jaws is being used as a code name the 2nd time for BTTF.

#8231 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I also don’t get the fascination with Jaws. The first movie was just okay, once.....

It's a very highly respected movie and the first summer blockbuster; whether you "get it" or not really doesn't matter
There's always some big flicks everyone isn't going to like.

#8232 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I also don’t get the fascination with Jaws. The first movie was just okay, once. The many that followed...forgettable. Hoping Jaws is being used as a code name the 2nd time for BTTF.

Watch a Jaws movie and then go for a swim in the Ocean, You will understand the fascination then. And Jaws was a masterpiece and part 2 pretty good part 3 was 3D i think and part 4 was Michael Cain Academy award nominee lol just jokes.
BTTF will not be done by Stern.

#8233 3 years ago

Jaws is a great movie, I just don’t think it’ll translate that well into pinball.

#8234 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Jaws is a great movie, I just don’t think it’ll translate that well into pinball.

It will if sited at every Fish and Chip shop on the Beach!

#8235 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think it will have as much to do with the movie as Stern Jurassic Park had to do with that movie. It will have the famous soundtrack and be about escaping and capturing sharks. I doubt it will have any of the actors or even follow the plot. I'm sure it will be a great game though!

#8236 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Kaneda said it will be a Stern release in 2021.
I have looked past the Kaneda cry baby and I must admit, his inside info has always been on the money.

How do you explain his hyperbolic rant on how revolutionary and unbelievable Wonka was with the amazing disappearing ball mech (straight out of Theatre of Magic)? It came out and it was just a Lawlor pin with mostly recycled ideas. Kaneda cancelled his order shortly thereafter. That was not even in the same universe as reality.

Granted, I don't listen to him, but just from what I've seen people say he says, he's not always on the money.

#8237 3 years ago

I think he meant on what release is next not what toys it has.

#8238 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Agree and disagree. Posted this below in another Jaws thread today where somebody was talking about the must have elements from the movie.

Jaws is top 3 favorite movies for me and is the theme I have asked for the most. But let's be real, the elements that make the movie great do not translate into pinball. The interplay between the actors, the Indianapolis scene, all of this is awesome, but would make a boring game. Do you really want to have a mode where you have to collect all of the main actors, and then have to make shots for them to drink during the Indianapolis scene? Get real. Thus, you can not follow the movie and have a good pin.

I do think you can take the thematic elements from the movie and create a great and exciting pin set in the Jaws world. You could have timed events where you are trying prevent shark attacks, you could chum the water, you could chase the shark(s), you could have a mini wizard mode where you defeat a shark but it is not Jaws, and have the main wizard mode where Jaws pops out that you have to defeat. I think you can be faithful to the theme and IP by not having a shark mech visible all the time. Strike the mood with lights and sounds, and make it a scary, survival game. A shaker motor might a be a must from an atmosphere perspective.

Or be really, really bold, and play as the shark. You are making shots to eat people, to destroy boats, to evade the pursuers, etc. Imagine that you have a boat mech that you have to bash to damage and ultimately sink, like Stern POTC. Either way they go, I am in!

There is so much that you can do with the IP. But to follow the movie note for note actually limits you on this one.

#8239 3 years ago

Jaws pops out of the playfield with a tank in its mouth and you have to hit the tank to blow him up!

#8240 3 years ago

I'd give my left kidney if any of these manufacturers announced they was making a Ozzy Osbourne pinball

#8241 3 years ago

Not Ozzy Sabbath mate. Iomi is tha man!

#8242 3 years ago

maybe they could just do all the good shark movies. Missing the best Shark movie of all time Ghost Shark if you aint seen it look up on Youtube.

Yes it has a shark in a suburban swimming pool.

#8243 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Jaws pops out of the playfield with a tank in its mouth and you have to hit the tank to blow him up!

what would be amazing is having the main MB involve a shark popping up to eat/drain balls. Im not quite sure how the rules would work but that would sure be unique.

Maybe even do like 2 or more mechs like a combo of the trolls in MM and TOMs trap door.

Games dont typically include "dont shoot the shot" type mechanics.

#8244 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How do you explain his hyperbolic rant on how revolutionary and unbelievable Wonka was with the amazing disappearing ball mech (straight out of Theatre of Magic)? It came out and it was just a Lawlor pin with mostly recycled ideas. Kaneda cancelled his order shortly thereafter. That was not even in the same universe as reality.
Granted, I don't listen to him, but just from what I've seen people say he says, he's not always on the money.

He was very excited he got to see it early and they told him it would have more code. He has since explained the rules didn’t turn out to what he wanted and apologized for getting too excited.

There’s people here that hype everything as the next greatest. Remember people’s excitement at the Munsters launch...

#8245 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

He was very excited he got to see it early and they told him it would have more code. He has since explained the rules didn’t turn out to what he wanted and apologized for getting too excited.
There’s people here that hype everything as the next greatest. Remember people’s excitement at the Munsters launch...

The DIFFERENCE is he saw the ACTUAL machine in action and went on and on about the revolutionary pinball-changing DESIGN (not so much the software). The fact that he 180'd on that and it turned out to be the usual Lawlor amalgam of prior ideas says he's not always "on the money."

#8246 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

what would be amazing is having the main MB involve a shark popping up to eat/drain balls. Im not quite sure how the rules would work but that would sure be unique.
Maybe even do like 2 or more mechs like a combo of the trolls in MM and TOMs trap door.
Games dont typically include "dont shoot the shot" type mechanics.

As I read this all I pictured was Harley Davidson reskinned as jaws with a stupid shark instead of a bike.

I do love Jaws and I love sharks in general. I think a Jaws with JP style assets would be horrible. I would be more into a shark week pinball with a secret wizard mode that let's you hunt jaws.

#8247 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The DIFFERENCE is he saw the ACTUAL machine in action and went on and on about the revolutionary pinball-changing DESIGN (not so much the software). The fact that he 180'd on that and it turned out to be the usual Lawlor amalgam of prior ideas says he's not always "on the money."

How do you know he went on and on if you said you didn’t listen? Let it go.

#8248 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

How do you know he went on and on if you said you didn’t listen? Let it go.

People were quoting him breathlessly here and elsewhere. Look it up.

Why are you so invested in protecting his fake reputation of "always" being "on the money" when he's demonstrably not?

#8249 3 years ago

Jaws is my least fx3 pin to play... its just not a very compelling theme imo... a theme based on a great white Shark..... and?

I really dont see the attraction. Glad its not the next game.

#8250 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Not Ozzy Sabbath mate. Iomi is tha man!

Hey that would be great as well!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,151 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/165?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.