Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,858 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 938.
#8051 3 years ago

Best buds !

RaA (resized).jpgRaA (resized).jpg
#8052 3 years ago

Guessing... IF they can pump out two more titles this year...

“Led Zeppelin” to be released same week as JJP’s GnR.

Very late holiday / 2020 December release will be partnership with Kapow “BTTF” in a similar fashion to how they released stranger things last year.

2021 as Disney World celebrates its 50th in addition to the Tron rollercoaster likely a cosmetic remake / rehash of “Tron 2.0” but will have an 80’s touch to it. Or just straight up “Tron VE” with various enhancements.

Looking at 2021 upcoming movie franchises I’m going to guess “Fast & The Furious” or The “Matrix”.

Maybe re-theme Jurassic Park to “Jurassic World” since the last installment will come out in 2021.

In 2021 a retro / throwback 70’s / 80’s title possibly;

“Jaws”
“Gremlins”
“Goonies”
“Labyrinth”
“Big Trouble in Little China”

I think that’s the next roughly 20 months or so of Stern new titles. If I’m right my wallet is in eminent danger.

#8053 3 years ago

I hope they will release some 90s 00s stuff soon. To get some younger people involved in Pinball.
I’m born 98 and would love to see something I grew up with.

#8054 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I hope they will release some 90s 00s stuff soon. To get some younger people involved in Pinball.

Examples?

#8055 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

14 BALL MUILTBALL !!!

With 4 lower flippers to keep up with them .

#8056 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Guessing... IF they can pump out two more titles this year...
“Led Zeppelin” to be released same week as JJP’s GnR.
Very late holiday / 2020 December release will be partnership with Kapow “BTTF” in a similar fashion to how they released stranger things last year.
2021 as Disney World celebrates its 50th in addition to the Tron rollercoaster likely a cosmetic remake / rehash of “Tron 2.0” but will have an 80’s touch to it. Or just straight up “Tron VE” with various enhancements.
Looking at 2021 upcoming movie franchises I’m going to guess “Fast & The Furious” or The “Matrix”.
Maybe re-theme Jurassic Park to “Jurassic World” since the last installment will come out in 2021.
In 2021 a retro / throwback 70’s / 80’s title possibly;
“Jaws”
“Gremlins”
“Goonies”
“Labyrinth”
“Big Trouble in Little China”
I think that’s the next roughly 20 months or so of Stern new titles. If I’m right my wallet is in eminent danger.

Tron VE again? Disney abandoned the Tron movie franchise. It has been rumored now for 5 years. I doubt it ever happens

#8057 3 years ago

I've seen a few Stern pins lately I would like to get . The thing that puts me off is the playfield issues . With spooky sorting out their playfield's , I would love it if Stern came up with a new process and had a label like diamond plate or some sort of stamp that indicated that these new playfields would be good .

#8058 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

What would that be for example?

#8059 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Tron VE again? Disney abandoned the Tron movie franchise. It has been rumored now for 5 years. I doubt it ever happens

Yeah but they've made/making a ton ride....so that means they have to make a pin. Pinside says so! Oh and anniversary dates mean something too!

#8060 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Anniversary dates mean something too!

My wife sure thinks they do. (God forbid I ever forget.)

#8061 3 years ago

My guess is he's probably looking for a Pokemon pin. That’s gonna be a no for me dawg haha

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

What would that be for example?

#8062 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I was only off by 12 days! Next Stern Pin due to be revealed in Early May. Math below.
Predicted Reveal date: 5/6/2020
According to Special when lit, the goal is 4 cornerstone games per year. This year we had Munsters, Black Knight, Jurassic Park, and Stranger Things. A cornerstone game follows the pro/premium/LE model. On top of that, if you are only measuring time between cornerstone games launched in the past 3 years (after switching over to LCD), you come up with 139 days between releases. 139 days after the Stranger Things reveal is May 10, 2020. I am going to official predict a IGN article on the 6th of May followed by a full stream on Friday the 8th of May.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Next Stern Pin due 10 May with predicted reveal 6 May and Stream 8 May.
No idea what the game is or who is on code.

I was only off by 21 days! Next Stern Pin due to be revealed in Mid October. Math below.

Predicted Reveal date: 10/14/2020
Last year we had Munsters, Black Knight, Jurassic Park, and Stranger Things. So far this year all we've had is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a cornerstone game following the pro/premium/LE model. On top of that, if you are only measuring time between cornerstone games launched in the past 3 years (after switching over to LCD), you come up with 140 days between releases. Therefore, I am going to official predict an official reveal the week of 11-17 October.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
The average time between releases is now 140 days.
Next Stern Stern Pin is due on or about 14 October.

#8063 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I was only off by 21 days! Next Stern Pin due to be revealed in Mid October. Math below.
Predicted Reveal date: 10/14/2020
Last year we had Munsters, Black Knight, Jurassic Park, and Stranger Things. So far this year all we've had is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a cornerstone game following the pro/premium/LE model. On top of that, if you are only measuring time between cornerstone games launched in the past 3 years (after switching over to LCD), you come up with 140 days between releases. Therefore, I am going to official predict an official reveal the week of 11-17 October.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
The average time between releases is now 140 days.
Next Stern Stern Pin is due on or about 14 October.

You mean Oct 21st or 26th 2020 I have a feeling is the day a new title gets released. 35th anniversary for the movie, and 30th anniversary for the Pin. If things get delayed Nov. 12th 2020 Dead Flip stream will respectively be at 9:00, 7:28 or 6:38.
Back-to-the-F (resized).jpgBack-to-the-F (resized).jpg

#8064 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You mean Oct 21st or 26th 2020 I have a feeling is the day a new title gets released. 35th anniversary for the movie, and 30th anniversary for the Pin. If things get delayed Nov. 12th 2020 Dead Flip stream will respectively be at 9:00, 7:28 or 6:38.
[quoted image]

That would be sweet!!!

#8065 3 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

I hope not need longer to save for BTTF after TMNT

Bring out zeppelin this year I’ll take BTTF next year for the love of my wallet

#8066 3 years ago

BTTF is a hard pass for me. It was an OK movie at the time, but just like the Delorean has not stood the test of time. 0-60 in 10 seconds LOL. No problem if it is made though. Saves me money towards a good theme like Led Zep.

#8067 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

BTTF is a hard pass for me. It was an OK movie at the time, but just like the Delorean has not stood the test of time. 0-60 in 10 seconds LOL. No problem if it is made though. Saves me money towards a good theme like Led Zep.

D7538AE4-8341-455A-8278-D2904398B6A9.gifD7538AE4-8341-455A-8278-D2904398B6A9.gif
#8068 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I tend to like Steve R games and he’s apparently on Zep and next. Now that it’s a new layout vs a 70/80’s rehash I’m pretty excited for this.

So it's a 90/00/10's rehash instead.

#8069 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

So it's a 90/00/10's rehash instead.

Whatever that is maybe I guess....

I was implying that it wasn’t a retread of seawitch, quicksilver etc...

I’ll take a retread of Iron Maiden with Zep art, music, callouts etc...

#8070 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

BTTF is a hard pass for me.

I don't care enough about themes to be automatically in or out, but I don't see a game there. Who's your adversary, Biff? Time itself? What's worse, nonstop Huey Lewis, or fake Huey Lewis? It'll have Christopher Lloyd custom callouts, I guess. No way you can get any Michael J. Fox involvement, unless you're talking about the one that works at Pinball Life.

It's a pretty shallow theme, with an already shallow pin to match. Paper-thin sci-fi romantic comedy. Funny that our generation has so much '80s nostalgia invested in a movie that's actually a love letter to the '50s. Everyone wants it to be 30 years ago.

#8071 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Whatever that is maybe I guess....
I was implying that it wasn’t a retread of seawitch, quicksilver etc...
I’ll take a retread of Iron Maiden with Zep art, music, callouts etc...

In that case you need KME to design it. Steve only does Steve layouts. There are two: third flipper, or no third flipper.

#8072 3 years ago

How about "The Office"? I haven't been on here in a good while. Sorry if its been shot down already. It just seems like a no brainer if done right.

#8073 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

In that case you need KME to design it. Steve only does Steve layouts. There are two: third flipper, or no third flipper.

Ok make it Black Knight then... good shooter don’t care for the theme. Prefer a new layout though so this exercise is just for fun.

#8074 3 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

How about "The Office"? I haven't been on here in a good while. Sorry if its been shot down already. It just seems like a no brainer if done right.

You spelled Orifice wrong.

#8075 3 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I like the Office show just not sure how it could translate to a pin.?

#8076 3 years ago

I was really hoping for a Futurama pin but given the R&M and now turtles (both also great), I don’t see it happening.

A new bond pin works too

#8077 3 years ago

A Futurama pin could be amazing...I’d be a potential buyer.

Quoted from Yokimato:

I was really hoping for a Futurama pin but given the R&M and now turtles (both also great), I don’t see it happening.
A new bond pin works too

#8078 3 years ago

Didn’t Steve Ritchie say he was working on a original title?

#8079 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrat:

Didn’t Steve Ritchie say he was working on a original title?

Maybe after Zep? Or maybe he meant Zep was a completely new design?

#8080 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I don't see a game there. Who's your adversary, Biff? Time itself? What's worse, nonstop Huey Lewis
It's a pretty shallow theme, with an already shallow pin to match. Paper-thin sci-fi romantic comedy. Funny that our generation has so much '80s nostalgia invested in a movie that's actually a love letter to the '50s. Everyone wants it to be 30 years ago.

A well done Back to the Future pin would sell like hot cakes .
If you think back to the future is a shallow story you're not trying hard enough . There are so many options for modes - save doc , save your family , stop Marty junior going to jail , get the Almanac back , get the DeLorean up to 88 mph ect .
What's wrong with having Bifff as the " bad " guy , in the pin , you could have a Biff wizard mode and play through all the times Marty has beaten Biff .
There is more music in Back to the Future than just Huey Lewis , Johnny B Goode anyone

#8081 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you think back to the future is a shallow story you're not trying hard enough . There are so many options for modes - save doc , save your family , stop Marty junior going to jail , get the Almanac back , get the DeLorean up to 88 mph ect .
What's wrong with having Bifff as the " bad " guy , in the pin , you could have a Biff wizard mode and play through all the times Marty has beaten Biff .
There is more music in Back to the Future than just Huey Lewis , Johnny B Goode anyone

Exactly - what more are you looking for? I'm not a mega fan or anything. I saw the movies back in the day and really enjoyed them just like many others. Watched the shows again with my kids years later and they loved it. Good clean fun. Characters were awesome. You rooted for Marty and Doc to overcome all the obstacles and cheered when Biff got what was coming to him. Music was awesome. DeLorean was and is awesome. Fit the movie and the time period perfectly. Time travel always fun when you got the future, past, and present to play with. No game is instant buy for me but this would definitely be an exciting title if done. Problem is you would not get any callouts from the actors. Probably wouldn't get all the music you expect and may not even get many clips from the movies. It would probably end up being largely based on generic time travel with little references to the actual movies. Kinda like JP is more about dinosaurs than the actual movies. That's been the trend so I wouldn't expect anything different.

#8082 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Also, Marty's band is called "The Pinheads"

#8083 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also, Marty's band is called "The Pinheads"

Wow - did not know that. I think you could have call outs - but likely not custom ones. JJP found a fantastic voice guy for Gandalf - it is SPOT ON. Seems you could find someone for Doc and Marty if you even tried a little.

Hearing 'Great Scott!' taken from the movies may be a good replacement for 'Jackpot' ...? If they (Stern or JJP) do a BTTF I hope they can get at least movie clips to display, voices from the movies, and the Huey Lewis Back In Time song...

And this would likely be the final wizard mode

#8084 3 years ago
20200526_215109 (resized).jpg20200526_215109 (resized).jpg
#8085 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

[quoted image]

I don’t think a Converse pinball machine would sell very well

#8086 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I don’t think a Converse pinball machine would sell very well

No its a "Converse & Cash"

#8087 3 years ago

I would rather have The Goonies over BTTF. Or perhaps even a Sonic The Hedgehog (based on the video game) if Stern would ever do a machine based on a video game. Could you imagine the flow and toys on a Sonic pinball machine?

#8088 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

I would rather have The Goonies over BTTF. Or perhaps even a Sonic The Hedgehog (based on the video game) if Stern would ever do a machine based on a video game. Could you imagine the flow and toys on a Sonic pinball machine?

Sega should of made one.

Skit-B Pinball did make 1. Without getting any rights to it.

#8089 3 years ago
Quoted from LewisD:

I'd love/buy either Goonies or BTTF, and video game pins would be fantastic: God of War, GTA, Zelda, etc. Endless possibilities.

#8090 3 years ago

Zelda would be amazing. Also Goonies > BTTF

Quoted from kell:

I'd love/buy either Goonies or BTTF, and video game pins would be fantastic: God of War, GTA, Zelda, etc. Endless possibilities.

#8091 3 years ago

Goonies would be a must have for me

#8092 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Goonies would be great but there's no way you could get away with not having movie clips and the actors voices .

( have to have Truffle Shuffle mode )

#8093 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Goonies would be great but there's no way you could get away with not having movie clips and the actors voices .
( have to have Truffle Shuffle mode )

I agree..you see the reunion podcast they did for Covid?

I think they still love what they did in that movie.

#8094 3 years ago

So if sales were so poor for Heavy Metal was it scrapped entirely? I would have at least liked to see what they had created.

#8095 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So if sales were so poor for Heavy Metal was it scrapped entirely? I would have at least liked to see what they had created.

Who cares about heavy metal , I thought it was a Mixtape of heavy metal bands when I first heard of it , I have never heard of the Heavy Metal theme , it's all about Turtles now . I'm really tempted to get one but I want to see how to play Fields holdup .

#8096 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Goonies is my ultimate dream theme, that movie never fails to instantly transport me back to my childhood. With full assets, music and callouts I am 100% in.

#8097 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

They sold 100% of what they announced & produced, wich was nothing.

Sheesh, let that game come out before you guys declare it a flop.

#8098 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

They sold 100% of what they announced & produced, wich was nothing.
Sheesh, let that game come out before you guys declare it a flop.

It’s the same home edition that has flopped multiple times already. It’s destined to flop at a higher price.

#8099 3 years ago

I am surprised people aren't talking about more superhero themes.

Black Widow
Captain America
Wonder Woman
Thor

Another one that could be awesome is one dedicated to Disney Villains.

#8100 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s the same home edition that has flopped multiple times already. It’s destined to flop at a higher price.

Still you can't sell a product that isn't even announced yet and conclude something out of non existing sales numbers. XD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

11,855 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,858 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/162?hl=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.