51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 941.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

So much yes....she is beautiful!

Quoted from J85M:

Wonder Woman is a great movie (DC where clever on this one and set it up as their version of Captain America:First Avenger) easily the best DCEU film by miles and it would be great to see it as a pin, but I would wait until the sequel (which is being made by the exact same team of people) so there is more material and assets to use on the new LCD, more Wonder Woman is never a bad thing

She is stunning. And the move was fantastic. I might see it twice at the cinemas and I never usually do that. I think they will definitely make a sequel and shift the DCEU slate around to make it happen sooner rather than later. A pinball machine will hopefully follow.

#702 6 years ago

Sorry, I'm on a tablet and do k ow how to take decent snapshots, but go have a look at Zombie Yeti's Facebook account.
Nuclearblastusa is nuclear blast records.
Now go have a look at their band roster.
I'd say Slayer and Danzig are their two best known bands, and both fit with that devil figure.
Although both bands are far from the mainstream bands stern usually does, maybe they're looking to undercut the boutiques like spooky the same way the big beer Brewers are coming out with a bunch of "microbrewery" brands?

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

She is stunning. And the move was fantastic. I might see it twice at the cinemas and I never usually do that. I think they will definitely make a sequel and shift the DCEU slate around to make it happen sooner rather than later. A pinball machine will hopefully follow.

Gal was superb as WW and the movie was excellent it has finally put the DCEU on track to rival MCU someday (I didn't like BvS & thought SS was one of the worst superhero movies in a long time, so pretty big compliment for WW that I liked it so much)

I plan on going to see it again I think everyone who enjoys it should see it twice and give WB a clear message this is the quality we all want from DC going forward. The WW cast and crew are all contracted to do a sequel sounds like its going to happen from the buzz just need the box office numbers to be good and so far they look really positive! They would be stupid not to change the slate around to accommodate a sequel, Marvel have shifted their slate several times to accommodate demand for sequels - Antman 2, Spiderman Homecoming, Guardians2.

Would love to see a Justice League pin, hopefully Joss Whedon can pick up where Zack Synder left JL and a great movie is released, would make an awesome pin.

#704 6 years ago

If they do a Wonder Woman machine, I doubt there would be a shooter rod to yank on. Probably just a small button you push to get things started.

#705 6 years ago

star wars vault

#706 6 years ago

Next time they do a rock band pin, my personal preference would be Def Leppard. Lots of good pinball-playing tracks to choose from and huge album sales like previous bands chosen. Sorry but I'm just not all that familiar with Iron Maiden and Slayer.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Sorry, I'm on a tablet and do k ow how to take decent snapshots, but go have a look at Zombie Yeti's Facebook account.
Nuclearblastusa is nuclear blast records.
Now go have a look at their band roster.

A symphonic metal theme with Nightwish or Epica would be an instant buy for me. Especially something along the Imaginarium theme from Nightwish. I apparently like way too many bands from that group (Sabaton, ReVamp, and others)

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from Triggerfish:

A symphonic metal theme with Nightwish or Epica would be an instant buy for me. Especially something along the Imaginarium theme from Nightwish. I apparently like way too many bands from that group (Sabaton, ReVamp, and others)

Here's the post.
This looks like some kind of devil giving a devil sign. That says either Slayer or Danzig to me.
Slayer is much better known, but also way less mainstream than any of the other Stern music themes. Danzig's imagery would work pretty well with this too, but even less mainstream than Slayer is.
I have a hard time believing Stern would do a Slayer machine, but I don't see what else it could be...

yeti (resized).PNGyeti (resized).PNG

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Here's the post.
This looks like some kind of devil giving a devil sign. That says either Slayer or Danzig to me.
Slayer is much better known, but also way less mainstream than any of the other Stern music themes. Danzig's imagery would work pretty well with this too, but even less mainstream than Slayer is.
I have a hard time believing Stern would do a Slayer machine, but I don't see what else it could be...

Could be the beast from Iron Maiden? about time we had a devil or demon theme!

#710 6 years ago

He hashtags Nuclear Blast, one of the biggest "Independent labels" from Germany.
I have basically all of their releases here in my collection that came out from 88 until around the mid 90s. After that they became too mainstream for me.
One of their latest signings?

Slayer

#711 6 years ago

Live from New York.....its Saturday Night. It won't be next and it may never be. But it could and it should. Bring it on down to Liquorville.

#712 6 years ago

Looks like a Black Sabbath devil

IMG_5697 (resized).PNGIMG_5697 (resized).PNG

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#713 6 years ago

Its going to be Slayer

But in case you are not convinced....pick and chose

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/bands/index.html

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Its going to be Slayer
But in case you are not convinced....pick and chose
http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/bands/index.html

Everyone remember this Stern FB post from a Slayer concert?

slayr (resized).JPGslayr (resized).JPG

#715 6 years ago

That last comment though!

#716 6 years ago

Zombie Teaser looks a bit like a slayer beast head (an ear, horns, ..)

5ce25851-393a-4441-9470-7cf963bf3824 (resized).jpg5ce25851-393a-4441-9470-7cf963bf3824 (resized).jpg

#717 6 years ago

It's only a model!

arthur2 (resized).pngarthur2 (resized).png

#718 6 years ago

Well one thing for sure, it aint no white rabbit. What it is, is a dream come true - if it's Slayer. Red LED's flowing down the table and/or on the lcd during "Raining Blood" multi. Iron Maiden is in the pipeline too, right? Eddie comes out on the LCD during multi, and Eddie toy. Music pins need live concert footage tho, not that cartoony Aerosmith crap. Jaws has SO MUCH potential to be unreal. Esp w/ the LCD's. Need to make em bigger like JJP. Not thrilled about going into hyperspace on the small screen Stern uses.

#720 6 years ago

Killer ZY! Working on Slayer now! And Maiden for 2018! Woot! Both bands are on tour right now promoting their recent albums. So it is an ideal time to release their pins. Holy smoke the game room is gonna be rockin'!

#721 6 years ago

If there is a Wonder Woman pinball machine I am so in for my first NIB. It is crushing at the box office domestically and internationally, so would be a smart choice. (mind you, that's what I said about Jurassic World, and that has yet to result in a pin)

#722 6 years ago

Can't get much more obvious than this. Unless Stern is putting out some Pinball Arcade-only Slayer machine, there's a Slayer pinball in the pipeline.
Reign -> Reign in Blood, Slayer album
Nuclear Blast USA -> Slayer's record label
Stern -> Stern

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Plz no more hard rock and Marvel.

The problem with rock and Marvel games is... they sell! There are exceptions, but initial traction (actual sales), seem to be pretty good. So Stern will continue to make them because companies tend to like sales.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Killer ZY! Working on Slayer now! And Maiden for 2018! Woot! Both bands are on tour right now promoting their recent albums. So it is an ideal time to release their pins. Holy smoke the game room is gonna be rockin'!

Aren't the rumours for this years remaining releases thet maiden is a release for this year? Anyone know more?

#725 6 years ago

San Diego Comic Con will become an announcement platform this year (and maybe beyond) for Stern.

#726 6 years ago

enough music pins already !.

#727 6 years ago

Slayer or Maiden would be cool, my friend would buy them so I'd likely be able to play them.

I'd love a Jurassic World pin that people keep bringing up.

My must buy music pin would be Rush. Distant Early Warning Multiball, Red Barchetta Captive car target, Subdivision Pop Bumpers, 2112 Galactic Federation Guitar Hero video mode?

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from Jinroh:

My must buy music pin would be Rush. Distant Early Warning Multiball, Red Barchetta Captive car target, Subdivision Pop Bumpers, 2112 Galactic Federation Guitar Hero video mode?

YES

#729 6 years ago

Totally!

I'd be all over that, especially if it had like a progression from natural to futuristic. Just as an example like 'The Trees' with the Oaks and Maples, and then like 'Subdivisions' or 'New World Man' for contemporary theme, and then 'Red Barchetta' dystopian future, to '2112' Futuristic.

So many possibilities.

1 month later
#731 6 years ago

#732 6 years ago

I think Stern is going to play it safe with titles like Fast & Furious, Guns N' Roses, Guardians of the Galaxy, Jurassic World, etc. Maybe they will surprise us (like they did with Ghostbusters) with a great theme like Back to the Future, Goonies, Harry Potter, or Jaws.

#733 6 years ago

I don't think a pin like you are all hoping for will be done!!First,there are a lot of bands that are more family friendly! These pins will be going to family arcades,Bowling alleys,and some will find there way to a gin mill!So the pull will have to be one everybody understands!For certain not a big huo draw!And as I have stated before,a Band that sounds like a dying cow with throat cancer doesn't have the pull all you think it has! Would you like to see a Dean Martin pin?? Of course not,but like you,Dino would pull from that small group of interest! John Trudoe already talked with Sr Paul and Ringo,and got the go ahead from them! That was last year.There already is a Stones pin,SO,Why not one of the greatest bands of all time??Well soon see!!!

#734 6 years ago

I would hate to see Stern do Harry Potter and put out some half ass cheaply done nothing on the pf pin like SW. HP needs to be epic. And not fall apart the day it comes out of the box.

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from Gravity:

I think Stern is going to play it safe with titles like Fast & Furious, Guns N' Roses, Guardians of the Galaxy, Jurassic World, etc. Maybe they will surprise us (like they did with Ghostbusters) with a great theme like Back to the Future, Goonies, Harry Potter, or Jaws.

I'd love to see a Fast & Furious pin from someone, will save me a tonne of time doing a re-theme

Guardians - yes please
Jurassic world - yeah go on then
Back to the Future - instant buy!
Jaws - instant buy!

#736 6 years ago

Any chance they would do TWD as a vault with art more in line with the comic books?

#737 6 years ago

Yeah Back to the Future would be top of my list

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'd love to see a Fast & Furious pin from someone, will save me a tonne of time doing a re-theme
Guardians - yes please
Jurassic world - yeah go on then
Back to the Future - instant buy!
Jaws - instant buy!

I think Mustang started as a Fast and Furious pin, but when the deal couldn't get worked out it became Mustang.

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from noahd42:

Any chance they would do TWD as a vault with art more in line with the comic books?

I hope not, I just bought a used LE 6700. plus the resale value is descent not crazy like AC/DC. they still have premiums you can buy NIB right now. until most distributors get rid of their stock, I highly doubt we'll be seeing one anytime soon.
I'd be down for a LOTR vault.

#740 6 years ago

Speculation / Fantasy on an artist musings has little to no weight.Stern has managed to keep many secrets over the years. One has to look at the licsensing and money trail to glimpse the future. How many liscenses do stern currently hold in the musical pinball space. How much money does it cost to maintain them? At a certain point one has to produce or move on. What bands best represent the 40-65 year old demgraphic with money to spend.

Perhaps a Metal themed pinball jukebox like Monsters of Rock or 70s era. Freedom Rock game is in the works.

Just give me the Jaws pin already Stern...

#741 6 years ago

im guess that next stern machines going be Elvira 3 more likely release around Halloween time

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

im guess that next stern machines going be Elvira 3 more likely release around Halloween time

Fingers crossed!

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I think Mustang started as a Fast and Furious pin, but when the deal couldn't get worked out it became Mustang.

I heard that rumour but no idea if it was true, didn't hear it from the usual guys that are in the know.

If it is true then it worked out for the best, mustang is a good game but no way would it have done the Fast franchise any justice, F&F needs a pretty loaded playfield for all the action scenes that would be awesome in a pin

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from Triggerfish:

Did Floor say ReVamp is over?

I think that could work, if they promote it more as an original theme than as a Nightwish music pin; most people don't really know who they are. I'd prefer a Tarja-era mix for the music but I don't know how that would flow on a game..

#745 6 years ago

Wonder if they could do an LCD backbox like Th for the LOTR VE, using movie clips instead of the DMD animations. I'm sure it's easier said than done, but not like making a new game... LOTR is one of their highest rated games - id definitely think about buying one

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wonder if they could do an LCD backbox like Th for the LOTR VE, using movie clips instead of the DMD animations. I'm sure it's easier said than done, but not like making a new game... LOTR is one of their highest rated games - id definitely think about buying one

Gary has already said that if they do vault editions, they would keep the technology on the same platform (WhiteStar as in the case with LOTR).

#747 6 years ago

I would like an update BTTF. Done right tho. With a nice topper.

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I would like an update BTTF. Done right tho. With a nice topper.

It would have to have a flux capacitor, speedo, time circuits and a ramp with led fire tracks that could light up. Come to think of it there is so much iconic stuff in BTTF it would have to be a loaded playfield - gotto be a JJP game.

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Yeah Back to the Future would be top of my list

Bttf with three rotating Playfields, one for each movie. I'll take the pro for 5400 please

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

Gary has already said that if they do vault editions, they would keep the technology on the same platform (SAM as in the case with LOTR).

I thought LOTR was Whitestar?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/15?hl=noahd42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.