IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,849 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 937.
#7901 3 years ago

Your right about the band I guess but it is rumored to be next so are we looking at aug or oct is what I’m asking.

#7902 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I’d take Top Gun or Mission Impossible over any of the themes being thrown around the past few days here but guessing they aren’t going to happen or would have already.

If the new Bill & Ted movie pulls in decent numbers I wouldn't put it past the studio to make a new Top Gun

#7903 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So when will we see Led Zep?

What will the toys be?

A mixing bowl.
A syringe.

Modes ...
Heat the spoon?
Line the mirror?

#7904 3 years ago

dang....that got dark!

#7905 3 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

What will the toys be?
A mixing bowl.
A syringe.
Modes ...
Heat the spoon?
Line the mirror?

underage girls and other bands's riffs and lyrics.

#7906 3 years ago

It’s either Led Zep or Godzilla after TMNT ... I’d be more happy with Godzilla personally.

Quoted from Psw757:

Your right about the band I guess but it is rumored to be next so are we looking at aug or oct is what I’m asking.

#7907 3 years ago

Hahaha EXACTLY THIS

Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

underage girls and other bands's riffs and lyrics.

#7908 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The layout kind of looks like 24. Or am I Crazy.

Confirmed crazy.

#7909 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

If the new Bill & Ted movie pulls in decent numbers I wouldn't put it past the studio to make a new Top Gun

Top Gun 2 is scheduled to be in theatres (if they're open) in July.

#7910 3 years ago

If true, Keith will have had three no so great titles at this point. Funny thing is, I would rather have Archer than any of the three! Oh well, it is almost sure to be a great game just like his first two. TMNT looks like great fun already, but easy pass due to title for me.

#7911 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So when will we see Led Zep?

When will we see Led Zep acknowledge all the songs they ripped off? Probably never.

#7912 3 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

as always, will come down to the code. Sad they didn't go Eastman & Laird era (but duh of course not) but happy they didn't use the live action movies.
Can't wait to play it. I love pinball.

the lack of pubic location play testing may hurt the code

#7913 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

No worries, they stopped that years ago.

#7914 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Dwight .... will hurt the code.

#7915 3 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Dwight .... will hurt the code.

Bah. Dwight has made some GREAT code recently. Unfortunately, he's also made a complete and all-time stinkbomb of code in Munsters, so that disaster is fresh in a lot of people's minds. I'd take a chance on Dwight all day long over Lonnie. The multi-pin track record over time favors Dwight.

#7916 3 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Rumoured what we are all hearing
Borg design rehash.
Dwight on code.
Paddle bat targets.
Sounds like a disaster out of the gate.

I think the layout is a bit of a snoozer.....a bit heavy on the shots on the upper left flipper. Also the Xmen disc, although it's not a bad toy it was on a Sega Twister before that! Neeeext.

#7917 3 years ago

It’ll be a sell out! Evergreen theme and fun for the whole family. Looks quite packed as well! Layout is very different from usual Borg titles. Can’t wait to see high Rez shots!

Spinning disks have been on many machines, but I don’t have one yet and the way this is integrated by pressing button to eat pizza, looks fun and unusual. Good job John!

#7918 3 years ago

Hard pass! TMNT is way to campy, and although Wonka and WOZ are whimsical like TMNT, it just doesn't have the following.

Nothing I'm seeing in this playfield looks all that appealing or special. But I'm sure the video will make it look better than the photos. Either way pass!

Personally I'll wait around for Godzilla, that would be a dream theme for me!

Bring on the KING OF PINBALL errr Godzilla.

I'm sure the next game isn't far behind so you won't have to wait long.

#7919 3 years ago

variety is one of the best things Stern offer to this hobby, for me it’s the exact opposite I would take tmnt over Godzilla especially the older versions.

#7920 3 years ago

PRO

100854443_1722632511223575_5166227976366325760_n.jpg100854443_1722632511223575_5166227976366325760_n.jpgtmt.jpgtmt.jpg
#7921 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s either Led Zep or Godzilla after TMNT ... I’d be more happy with Godzilla personally.

Still think Godzilla is a code name for the monster hit that Keith on Back to the Future would be.

Anyway only time will tell.

#7922 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still think Godzilla is a code name for the monster hit that Keith on Back to the Future would be.

Anyway only time will tell.

It would be odd just JP then Godzilla back to back considering the themes are very much the same. Oh well look Godzilla vs King Kong comes out THIS YEAR so it has to be Godzilla! If it doesn't feature movie clips, and they do something like JP or Deadpool I'll be pissed and pass! Looks like that's exactly what they've done with TMNT. No thanks!

Themes I'd like to see out of Stern: Fast and the Furious - Caddyshack, Animal House, Three Stooges, Vacation, Airplane, Blues Brothers, c'mon where are the comedy games?

I think the KING of ROCK pin yet to be done is Nirvana. That is a no brainer right there!

#7923 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

When will we see Led Zep acknowledge all the songs they ripped off? Probably never.

I don't give a shit how they came up with their music , if they've ripped off any songs , they made them even better . Robert Plant uses his voice like an instrument better than anyone in rock and roll . Bring On Led Zep ( with their own original playfield )

#7924 3 years ago

At first glance the layout on Turtles looks really good , so does the artwork - Except for the playfield but I guess Yeti could only use what he was allowed .

#7925 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

It would be odd just JP then Godzilla back to back considering the themes are very much the same. Oh well look Godzilla vs King Kong comes out THIS YEAR so it has to be Godzilla! If it doesn't feature movie clips, and they do something like JP or Deadpool I'll be pissed and pass! Looks like that's exactly what they've done with TMNT. No thanks!
Themes I'd like to see out of Stern: Fast and the Furious - Caddyshack, Animal House, Three Stooges, Vacation, Airplane, Blues Brothers, c'mon where are the comedy games?
I think the KING of ROCK pin yet to be done is Nirvana. That is a no brainer right there!

I don‘t give a shit about JP.

I love Godzilla!

You wouldn‘t call two movies the same just because there‘re humans in there, would you?

#7926 3 years ago

Stern just posted this Ninja Turtles video on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/115965091775764/posts/3033481406690770/

#7927 3 years ago

Looking at the video I think it does look good , still the Playfield art looks a bit average .
But I could live with that .

#7928 3 years ago

So what does the diverter thing do on the pro? That's such a bad thing to lose. Major gameplay changer

#7929 3 years ago

Cool! They took the multi ball idea from Twister that I always say is super cool and people laugh at me.

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: I realize now that John Borg was responsible for the design for both games.

#7930 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So what does the diverter thing do on the pro? That's such a bad thing to lose. Major gameplay changer

If you just have to hit the ramp without the aid of a diverter , I don't think that's such a bad thing . I guess we have to wait and see .

#7931 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Cool! They took the multi ball idea from Twister that I always say is super cool and people laugh at me.

I thought that was really cool , the balls sticking together , then flying off it .

#7932 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Whoa whoa whoa, I love all those themes you mentioned but with the likely exception being Metallica, Turtles is a much bigger theme than Got or Stranger things. See where these themes all lie in another decade. Game of what? I didn't even finish the last season lol.

I was born in 70 and have not seen one episode of TMNT. And yes, we had cable!

#7933 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bah. Dwight has made some GREAT code recently. Unfortunately, he's also made a complete and all-time stinkbomb of code in Munsters, so that disaster is fresh in a lot of people's minds. I'd take a chance on Dwight all day long over Lonnie. The multi-pin track record over time favors Dwight.

Why take a chance, just buy in a year.

#7934 3 years ago

Just watched the trailer for TMNT, not a fan of the theme but the features on it are very cool. Hope it does well for Stern!! Looking forward to dropping a few loonies in somewhere

#7935 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

although Wonka and WOZ are whimsical like TMNT, it just doesn't have the following.

Lol, ask someone under the age of forty.

#7936 3 years ago

Everything about it is up on Stern's site now.

#7937 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You wouldn‘t call two movies the same just because there‘re humans in there, would you?

Yeah they're both the same movies... giant lizards running around destroying everything that comes into their path. Yeah about the same.

The only difference is Godzilla is way freaking cooler!

This new TMNT artwork looks like its for ages 5 to 12. Why didn't they do a game based on the films, where is a big Turtle toy, whats up with that super silly looking van... my prediction one of if not the weakest selling Stern ever.

Guns N Roses is going to STOMP TMNT into the dirt.

I will get excited for Godzilla if that is true, not sure about LZ.

Why hasn't stern done Nirvana like HUH... you did great with Metallica you'd do even better with Nirvana.

#7938 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

This new TMNT artwork looks like its for ages 5 to 12.

That, plus people who were 5 to 12 in 1987-1996.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Why didn't they do a game based on the films,

Because almost no TMNT fan would prefer that. And neither did Nickelodeon, apparently.

Quoted from drfrightner:

whats up with that super silly looking van...

I take it you've never seen the show. Not every theme is for everyone. I'm guessing you're a bit north of the age demo for this one.

Quoted from drfrightner:

my prediction one of if not the weakest selling Stern ever.

Set up the terms of a sales bet and tell me where to escrow my wager.

#7939 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why take a chance, just buy in a year.

Not bad advice, at all.

#7940 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yeah they're both the same movies... giant lizards running around destroying everything that comes into their path. Yeah about the same.
The only difference is Godzilla is way freaking cooler!
This new TMNT artwork looks like its for ages 5 to 12. Why didn't they do a game based on the films, where is a big Turtle toy, whats up with that super silly looking van... my prediction one of if not the weakest selling Stern ever.
I will get excited for Godzilla if that is true, not sure about LZ.
Why hasn't stern done Nirvana like HUH... you did great with Metallica you'd do even better with Nirvana.

I don’t think I’ve seen someone so consistently wrong on these forums literally about everything. Sorry it’s like you’re purposely trying to be wrong at this point.

Ok carry on

#7941 3 years ago
19DC03E6-8E76-4DC9-86C6-B11FAC01A89F (resized).jpeg19DC03E6-8E76-4DC9-86C6-B11FAC01A89F (resized).jpeg
#7942 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is kind of what JJP did with Dialed In and it didn’t blow everyone away with sales (though a fun game). People say they want original themes but the reality has been that they don’t sell well. I think Stern was somewhat disappointed with the sales of Black Knight and it’s a superb game (though granted a bit sparse from a standpoint of toys).
A game based on King Author, Alice in Wonderland, Beowolf, Greek mythology or some of the other classic stories that in the public domain would be very interesting if done well and targeted to an adult market, but would they sell? Sadly what people say they want is not always what they actually want.

But Dialed in isn't an cool theme. I don't mind it, but it is, by no means, a theme I would recommend a company to try to sell. On the other hand, a theme like Minotaur or some post-apocoyptic theme would likely sell if paried with the right designer and coder. To say these themes wouldn't sell based on sales of a poorly implemented theme doesn't make sense.

Stern is cutting to the point of affecting gameplay, which is horrendous. Mono targets? I'd rather have no target there at all seeing that you don't even have to aim at them. Play munsters for ten minutes. You can't help but hit them over and over and over. Put Keith and Lyman on any game and it will sell. Save the money on the license so they can design a game with real targets and maybe an extra mech or two!

#7943 3 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Top Gun 2 is scheduled to be in theatres (if they're open) in July.

They are open here in Houston TX but there is nothing to see. They are showing old movies. I saw Harry potter on the big screen for the first time.

#7944 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I take it you've never seen the show. Not every theme is for everyone. I'm guessing you're a bit north of the age demo for this one.

Yeah I've seen the show, some of the movies and even heard Vanilla Ice do the Ninja Turtle Rap LIVE... hope that never happens again. The show isn't good, I'd rather watch He-Man c'mon. Ninja Turtles or Batman? Ninja Turtles are yesterday's news. Yeah yeah they have some fans but it wasn't worth doing a new pinball... do Fast and Furious, He-Man even, Three Stooges, Airplane, Animal House, but why Ninja Turtles. I don't get it ... I can't even imagine any 40 year old watching re-runs of Ninja Turtles cartoons. The movies aren't classics, you don't see the toys overrunning Walmart shelves since the 90's, why this theme. Maybe they want a kid friendly game who knows.

The theme doesn't warrant a new pinball machine the last movie totally BOMBED. That is all I'm saying.

Does anyone know how we've now had two Turtle pinballs, and still Three Stooges has never been done, Caddyshack, Animal House, Blues Brothers, Airplane, or even Fast N Furious or Matrix.

Hey just my opinion.

#7945 3 years ago

Watching the DeadFlip stream and the game looks to play amazing and has tons of options. Can't wait to play!

#7946 3 years ago

Anyone else reckon that Munsters owners would be beyond BOILING right about now after seeing the monster effort of code and animations Dwight has put into TMNT out the box.

#7947 3 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Anyone else reckon that Munsters owners would be beyond BOILING right about now after seeing the monster effort of code and animations Dwight has put into TMNT out the box.

Their own fault for not ditching Munsters when Dwight publicly said the code was complete. He TOLD them it was locked in to suck, essentially.

#7948 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Their own fault for not ditching Munsters when Dwight publicly said the code was complete. He TOLD them it was locked in to suck.

He told them BEFORE release that the game is intended to be this way.

Wich is absolutely fine in my opinion: Buy a game for what it is, not for what you want it to be!

#7949 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Wich is absolutely fine in my opinion: Buy a game for what it is, not for what you want it to be!

Yup. Big issue in this hobby.

#7950 3 years ago

Godzilla is the code name for their Barney the dinosaur pin. What else would Godzilla be a good code name for? Geeezzzz It is going to have purple armor and is a compliment to their green TNMT pin!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,849 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/159?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.