enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 923.
#7801 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

With the exception of Batman 66, Stern has never really shown an interest in anniversary dates. Matrix would have been a superb theme back when the trilogy was hot, perhaps the new movie in development will breath life back into the franchise.

I believe if Williams/Bally had survived a few more years until 2002 or 2003, we probably would have seen an awesome Matrix pinball machine. Let's hope the modern manufacturers will make one!

#7802 3 years ago

We need a James Bond pin

The way Stern is going right now, I’m liable to buy anything, they are crushing it

Can’t believe how good JP, Elvira and STH is

#7803 3 years ago

I would love an Evil Dead Army of Darkness pin, Goonies and an Adventure Time pin. But those will likely never be made. Such great themes for Pinball.

#7804 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I would love an Evil Dead Army of Darkness pin, Goonies and an Adventure Time pin. But those will likely never be made. Such great themes for Pinball.

Has to be Borg if this ever happens. I want a Deadite bash toy! No fan layout nonsense on this title.

Right flipper chainsaw, left flipper boomstick!!!

Do it already Stern!!!

#7805 3 years ago

Army of Darkness would truly be THE SHIT. Imagine all the call outs. GAHD. Top dream theme right here.

Quoted from gecko157:

Has to be Borg if this ever happens. I want a Deadite bash toy! No fan layout nonsense on this title.
Right flipper chainsaw, left flipper boomstick!!!
Do it already Stern!!!

#7806 3 years ago

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I really wouldn’t mind if someone did a Western themed pinball machine.
Been done quite a bit in past times, but I think I would be pretty cool for a modern pin if done right.

#7807 3 years ago

A TSPP re-themed like Met has been re-themed by Gotg.

#7808 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I really wouldn’t mind if someone did a Western themed pinball machine.
Been done quite a bit in past times, but I think I would be pretty cool for a modern pin if done right.

A 3 pack Spagehtti style Western theme...Clint Eastwood!!

#7809 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

What pins a western so far. Maverick, Cactus Canyon ?

#7810 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Cue Ball Wizard to an extent.

#7811 3 years ago

DIO damnit

#7812 3 years ago

It's the last in line, unfortunately.

#7813 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Lots of EMs.

#7814 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Cue Ball Wizard to an extent.

I love western themes. I have Maverick and CBW and want a Cactus Canyon.

#7815 3 years ago

Covid 19 Piball?
No license $

It's a rush to find the hidden cure.

#7816 3 years ago

Kaneda hard at work on a Sunday night

5104E8D9-C5C9-4E55-B34E-D37F96DF9560 (resized).jpeg5104E8D9-C5C9-4E55-B34E-D37F96DF9560 (resized).jpeg2650F9C8-6269-41FC-8D10-56EA5607354F (resized).jpeg2650F9C8-6269-41FC-8D10-56EA5607354F (resized).jpeg03B5E986-9526-4E6B-9E41-166A0D284619 (resized).jpeg03B5E986-9526-4E6B-9E41-166A0D284619 (resized).jpegC30C45F8-F1B3-416E-8250-8CB73F1F2502 (resized).jpegC30C45F8-F1B3-416E-8250-8CB73F1F2502 (resized).jpeg7942A49B-2E4D-40D4-AA45-5988E90F56B7 (resized).jpeg7942A49B-2E4D-40D4-AA45-5988E90F56B7 (resized).jpeg2E7DA2AD-5B2C-4D9E-A2F4-70272F13CC9E (resized).jpeg2E7DA2AD-5B2C-4D9E-A2F4-70272F13CC9E (resized).jpeg
#7817 3 years ago

I still want a Queen pin... The soundtrack would be just amazing. Just think of a "We Will Rock You" Mode with bass turned up or some tracks from Live Aid. Let The back glass speak for itself! I would be a day one purchase from JJP or Stern tbh

Queen (resized).jpgQueen (resized).jpg
#7818 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Ozzy callouts would be hilarious!

This made me spit take a little

#7819 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

By "just like" munsters, I hope he's talking about the placement of the target areas and not literally two giant target bars instead of actual targets. That bad cost-cutting idea needs to die, at least on the Prem/LE level.

#7820 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

By "just like" munsters, I hope he's talking about the placement of the target areas and not literally two giant target bars instead of actual targets. That bad cost-cutting idea needs to die, at least on the Prem/LE level.

It needs to die on all levels.

#7821 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It needs to die on all levels.

I completely agree, but if cost is the issue, it would be more pronounced on a Pro, so the people paying for Prem/LE level should at least be spared.

#7822 3 years ago

1976 here, and TMNT would be fairly high on my list. Especially if they went with the original comic style. As far as the music themes go, I couldn't care less about Rush, Zepplin, or any of that. If the gameplay was amazing I'd consider one, but it would have to be something really special to counteract a stale music theme.

#7823 3 years ago

Funny people hate some of the music the themes that should or could be made but love the crap in Marvel and cartoons that are made, never liked the buttheads but as usual still hope its fun to play and a hit if that makes any sense.

#7824 3 years ago

No more mono bars!!

#7825 3 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No idea if any of this is right but if it is correct, is anyone else left a little unimpressed? Spinning disk from X-Men, although a cool mech wasn’t there a spinning pizza on the data east turtles?

And mono bars again..? C’mon Borg your better than that, the data east had like 10 standups, I’m all for revisiting themes but they need to be like Jurassic Park, bigger and better than what’s come before.

The Raph mech does sound cool, player controlled diverter, if it’s as controllable and fun as those on The Shadow... awesome!!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7826 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No idea if any of this is right but if it is correct, is anyone else left a little unimpressed? Spinning disk from X-Men, although a cool mech wasn’t there a spinning pizza on the data east turtles?

Yeah, for a title that 'is going to blow everyone away', those reveals are disappointing to say the least!

#7827 3 years ago

I hate to burst everyone’s bubble but my Aunt Judys son Paul’s ,wife Brendas brothers husbands Mom who works at Stern told me because of delays in contact talks with turtles they had a backup plan that they’re going to push forward hope you’ll enjoy!!!! I’ll have Playfield pics by first shift Tuesday !!!Happy Memorial Day To Alll That Have Served!!!!!!

1656199D-9706-49B3-9118-A25EA6B97D1D (resized).jpeg1656199D-9706-49B3-9118-A25EA6B97D1D (resized).jpegDE412D6B-FD45-405F-BC06-9B75BF490F1C (resized).jpegDE412D6B-FD45-405F-BC06-9B75BF490F1C (resized).jpeg4BBC200C-155B-488B-B95E-992149935241 (resized).jpeg4BBC200C-155B-488B-B95E-992149935241 (resized).jpeg6579A327-9284-4ED8-8A5A-6CDF1CB90572 (resized).jpeg6579A327-9284-4ED8-8A5A-6CDF1CB90572 (resized).jpegFE3C885D-0BC8-4D3C-8A4D-89421625F845 (resized).jpegFE3C885D-0BC8-4D3C-8A4D-89421625F845 (resized).jpeg
#7828 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hate to burst everyone’s bubble but my Aunt Judys son Paul’s ,wife Brendas brothers husbands Mom who works at Stern told me because of delays in contact talks with turtles they had a backup plan that they’re going to push forward hope you’ll enjoy!!!! I’ll have Playfield pics by first shift Tuesday !!!Happy Memorial Day To Alll That Have Served!!!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If we're going Dom DeLuise movies , give me Cannonball Run any day .

IMG_20200525_215709 (resized).jpgIMG_20200525_215709 (resized).jpg
#7829 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Yeah a classic with a rape scene, ok boomer...

There is no rape scene in Revenge of the Nerds . If you're referring to when Betty and Lewis made love , she knew it wasn't Stan , different height , weight , moves , scent and different clothes . Once they had finished she said " you were wonderful " .
After that they fell in love and got married .
That's why she didn't confirm who she was having sex with visually or audibly .
No jury in the world would find you guilty of rape .
So there was no rape and you're clutching at straws for something that isn't there .
Snowflake .

IMG20200525223321 (resized).jpgIMG20200525223321 (resized).jpgIMG20200525223456 (resized).jpgIMG20200525223456 (resized).jpgIMG_20200525_230127 (resized).jpgIMG_20200525_230127 (resized).jpg
#7830 3 years ago

It amazes me how hard some people work to be offended these days.

#7831 3 years ago

It has been my experience since I first heard this term that those who use it... well, lets just say they can see through the walls of their houses.

#7832 3 years ago

Same goes for this phrase.

#7833 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Same goes for this phrase.

That's the only reason I used it , if you're gonna throw around ageist insults , I thought fair enough . I try to avoid controversy these days but I feel this issue should be addressed .
Revenge of the Nerds is a about people being picked on , put down , trodden on in society and standing up for themselves , and is a feel-good movie nothing to do about rape .

#7834 3 years ago

It’s technically rape, moving on...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/decider.com/2019/07/26/revenge-of-the-nerds-rape-scene-regret/amp/

Quoted from screaminr:

That's the only reason I used it , if you're gonna throw around ageist insults , I thought fair enough . I try to avoid controversy these days but I feel this issue should be addressed .
Revenge of the Nerds is a about people being picked on , put down , trodden on in society and standing up for themselves , and is a feel-good movie nothing to do about rape .

#7835 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s technically rape, moving on...

Betty never complained and enjoyed the experience . She was of age and never filed a complaint , so technically it is not rape .
Nice to hear you're looking out for her though .

#7836 3 years ago

Sex under false pretenses as depicted in the film is technically rape. It doesn’t matter if she married the guy afterwards or what. You’re being ignorant....that’s on you. I’m done with this conversation.

Quoted from screaminr:

Betty never complained and enjoyed the experience . She was of age and never filed a complaint , so technically it is not rape .
Nice to hear you're looking out for her though .

#7837 3 years ago

so turtles hey?

#7839 3 years ago

Sterns build and materials can’t justify individual targets so the only way around that is to have one... In order to add other cool stuff. Like a third flipper.... sad to say but I really do think these designers are getting bolted to the ground with a budget and can’t go over a penny. And I think their budget is piss poor to say it friendly...

#7840 3 years ago

Rock of Ages or make up your own theme that includes

Boston, Foreigner, Journey, REO Speedwagon, The Cars, Def Leppard, Pat Benatar etc.

#7841 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Sterns build and materials can’t justify individual targets so the only way around that is to have one... In order to add other cool stuff. Like a third flipper.... sad to say but I really do think these designers are getting bolted to the ground with a budget and can’t go over a penny. And I think their budget is piss poor to say it friendly...

I would like to agree. It sounds logical since a lot of companies try to make as much profit with little effort...
BUT on the other side. How could Keith Elwin release Iron Maiden PRO. With 4 flippers, 3 drop targets and all metal ramps? So I guess it's also a matter of the designers personal preference.

#7842 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I would like to agree. It sounds logical since a lot of companies try to make as much profit with little effort...
BUT on the other side. How could Keith Elwin release Iron Maiden PRO. With 4 flippers, 3 drop targets and all metal ramps? So I guess it's also a matter of the designers personal preference.

I think Keith has the same BOM on his pros, he just puts it to better use. There are no magnets or scoops, and games like JP Pro doesn't even have a drop target. I would guess that coil count is probably similar between his games and the other designers.

#7843 3 years ago

I wish they would design an orginal theme and put all the saved cash into the game. If they did a good job on the theme integration, I swear it would sell as good if not better than some of their licenses. If Keith designed and Lyman did the code, it would do very well.

Some ideas that almost no one hates:

UFOs with humour like attack from mars
Haunted mansions
Medieval anything
Space and technology
Classic public domain stories: mythology etc. Minotaur would be a great title/theme
Generalized vehicles (monster trucks, motocross)
War/tanks/jets/bombs

There are countless untapped original ideas within these general themes that would work great. I'd rather have a better game than a license.

#7844 3 years ago

Bigfoot the creature not monster truck would do it for me. Id be all in LE

#7845 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Bigfoot the creature not monster truck would do it for me. Id be all in LE

I agree. I've been saying for years that I'd like to see a new Bigfoot game...perhaps a Bigfoot vs Yeti. The battles could be epic for pinball. Also, what about Loch Ness Monster? Or Bermuda Triangle? I know I'm just wishing. The trend is license for instant brand recognition.

#7846 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I wish they would design an orginal theme and put all the saved cash into the game. If they did a good job on the theme integration, I swear it would sell as good if not better than some of their licenses.

This is kind of what JJP did with Dialed In and it didn’t blow everyone away with sales (though a fun game). People say they want original themes but the reality has been that they don’t sell well. I think Stern was somewhat disappointed with the sales of Black Knight and it’s a superb game (though granted a bit sparse from a standpoint of toys).

A game based on King Author, Alice in Wonderland, Beowolf, Greek mythology or some of the other classic stories that in the public domain would be very interesting if done well and targeted to an adult market, but would they sell? Sadly what people say they want is not always what they actually want.

#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I wish they would design an orginal theme and put all the saved cash into the game. If they did a good job on the theme integration, I swear it would sell as good if not better than some of their licenses. If Keith designed and Lyman did the code, it would do very well.
Some ideas that almost no one hates:
UFOs with humour like attack from mars
Haunted mansions
Medieval anything
Space and technology
Classic public domain stories: mythology etc. Minotaur would be a great title/theme
Generalized vehicles (monster trucks, motocross)
War/tanks/jets/bombs
There are countless untapped original ideas within these general themes that would work great. I'd rather have a better game than a license.

Sorry but theme matters, see JJP Dialed in. Packed game, great shooter but aweful theme. Original themes just dont sell well no matter how good the game is.

#7848 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A game based on King Author, Alice in Wonderland, Beowolf, Greek mythology or some of the other classic stories that in the public domain would be very interesting if done well and targeted to an adult market, but would they sell? Sadly what people say they want is not always what they actually want.

The Odyssesy is a well known Greek tale with plenty of story/subject for modes.

#7849 3 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

The Odyssesy is a well known Greek tale with plenty of story/subject for modes.

Slaughter the suitors wizard mode!

#7850 3 years ago

You put out a Alice in Wonderland and don’t Stern it up I will go in debt to buy it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Euless, TX
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/157?hl=vpv1rgin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.