balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 923.
#7751 3 years ago

Same here, I wouldn’t throw money at it based on theme alone. But if the various rumors about new mechs, co-op play and internet connectivity are true then TMNT could be game changer for sure. A great pin is a great pin, regardless of theme.

Quoted from mbrave77:

81 here as well. TMNT was my thing for years. Still wont know if itll be my next NIB though until I see it. I hope they build premiums first because of the operators being in a tough spot right now.

#7752 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

TMNT. This coming week. Borg. Dwight.

Bet you are right with your timing. I’ve heard overseas distributors learn about TMNT next week. That would mean Insiders need to be told too. One of the benefits of being a Stern Insider is access to buy games first, according to the literature. Then the domestic distributors and the general public will be allowed in. So it should be a busy week for turtles.

#7754 3 years ago

55 here, my kids had TMNT. LOL

#7755 3 years ago

Not saying it is a bad theme, but it is interesting to note that I have never seen a single second of any TMNT TV show, movie, video game or comic book beyond what has been present in advertising. The biggest exposure of any kind I have had to TMNT are the three games I played on the previous pinball machine while it was on location in Orlando last summer.

At this point the only games on the horizon that interest me are Led Zeppelin and whatever Keith is working on.

#7756 3 years ago

Keith is doing Godzilla. The Toho one they swiped out from under Charlie.

#7757 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

We all spend thousands of dollars on toys that fill our houses. Dont throw rocks

Obviously i hit a nerve with one of my rocks.

#7758 3 years ago

Me in Disneyworld 1990
My mom still likes to tell the story of how I waited for 2hrs in the baking sun to sit up front for TMNT live lol
Got all 4 autographs and yes I'm rocking a Tmnt ball cap.
More people need to watch the tmnt documentary. It was a global phenomenon for a bit.....the concert tour though, oh the concert tour lol

Resized_20200518_131952 (resized).jpgResized_20200518_131952 (resized).jpg
#7759 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Obviously i hit a nerve with one of my rocks.

Just your own glass house there old timer

#7760 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just your own glass house there old timer

Maybe we need a revenge of the nerds pin?

#7761 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Maybe we need a revenge of the nerds pin?

Movie wise there is no comparison, Revenge of the Nerds is an all time classic, and all the TMNT movies are fucking horrible.

#7762 3 years ago

Nough said

#7763 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

81 here as well. TMNT was my thing for years. Still wont know if itll be my next NIB though until I see it. I hope they build premiums first because of the operators being in a tough spot right now.

'79 here and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were one of my major loves as a kid. Masters of the Universe, Star Wars, TMNT and the Simpsons were my great obsessions in the years before I hit high school. It's not a theme that I need to own now, but I'm definitely excited about the reveal.

There's still that nostalgia inside and if it's an amazing game with amazing art, cool new features and that iconic theme song from the cartoon, it might just knock Jurassic Park down a step in my wanted pin list. Currently I'm still planning on getting Iron Maiden in the number 1 spot.

#7764 3 years ago

I just hope the quality is in this title.

#7765 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Keith is doing Godzilla. The Toho one they swiped out from under Charlie.

77F61F21-D1FD-4301-8E20-5556746C0698 (resized).png77F61F21-D1FD-4301-8E20-5556746C0698 (resized).png
#7766 3 years ago

1981 here as well and to me TMNT is a God tier theme. I'd be on board with a G1 Transformers, He-Man or Thundercats in much the same way. I hadn't realised Turtles was so polarising

#7767 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

1981 here as well and to me TMNT is a God tier theme. I'd be on board with a G1 Transformers, He-Man or Thundercats in much the same way. I hadn't realised Turtles was so polarising

Could be due to a larger amount of players/collectors in their 30s now getting into more of a position where they have exposable income to buy

Naturally themes that resonate with us, simply don’t have the same nostalgic hook that something like Munsters does to someone in their 50s/60s/70s.

I own BM66 but that was down to the fact I watched it with my Dad, so I have a lot of good memories linked to the show and it would have been his dream theme.

Besides most of the ones shouting from the roof tops TMNT sucks will likely buy one anyway it’s just the old pinside game of bitch and buy.

#7768 3 years ago

1986 here. POWER RANGERS ALL THE WAY! With that said, TNMT would make a way better pin.

#7769 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Movie wise there is no comparison, Revenge of the Nerds is an all time classic,

I saw Revenge of the Nerds when I was 12 , first time I saw " bush " at the movies

#7770 3 years ago

1979 as an 80’s kid, tmnt is a dream theme. The big 4 of all 80s kids was gi joe, transformers, he-man, and tmnt. I’m still heavily in love with those franchises and most certainly will be getting this pin unless it turns out like star wars. If all these people want 80s themes, including a g1 transformers or he-man, then nobody can say turtles is just for kids and not lump it in with those other titles. Turtles is still relevant and probably more so than any other 80s property as far as cartoons go. No doubt this game will be a hit as long as it’s done well. Can’t wait to see this.

Themes are on about a 25-30 year cycle, meaning guys that were kids 30 yrs ago are now in position to make buying decisions, and also marketing and manufacturing decisions. They naturally like things from their childhood memories. It’s a 10-12 yr window really before kids from the next decade get into that position. As a 41 yr old man, my heart is for anything from the 80s. That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy older themes. I grew up watching reruns of munsters, Adams family, Batman, and all the older shows with my dad. Those are important themes to me, but my dad would love those themes. I just don’t feel like I have to have them. 80s cartoons and movies though, that’s where it’s at for me.

#7771 3 years ago

1973 myself. Thought TMNT were cool back in the day, but have little interest in it now as a theme (though like anything, if the pin plays well - who cares about the theme?)

The prospect of Godzilla and Keith Elwin however... entirely different story. I’m just not sure that jives with the tidbits of info he and others have talked about.

#7772 3 years ago

1979, I loved TMNT Back when I was a kid and I am in the same boat as many of you I could care less about the theme now but if they put together a really cool package I am in. However, I just purchased DPLE so probably wait till 2021 and see if these manufacturers can put out a title I care about. Something dark and adult would be nice.

#7773 3 years ago

1974 here, I was a little to old when the action figures and cartoons got huge, but that didn't stop me from playing the shit out of the arcade and console Turtles video games. I won't be a NIB buyer but if the game turns out to be great I'd have no problem owning one.

#7774 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Movie wise there is no comparison, Revenge of the Nerds is an all time classic, and all the TMNT movies are fucking horrible.

Yeah a classic with a rape scene, ok boomer...

#7775 3 years ago

Zero interest in TMNT as a theme, so wouldn't ever own one but always excited to see and play a new pin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7776 3 years ago

Give a shit factor for turtles....0
Waiting patiently for Zeppelin....100

#7777 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'd rather play turtles AND blare Zeppelin

#7778 3 years ago

78 and I’m in you sons of bitches, I bought all the old toys and new toys for my daughter when Nickelodeon remade the show in 2010, saw the Michael Bay movie , timeless IP from the 4 player arcade to whatever comes next.

#7779 3 years ago

Interest in a pin based off the worst plagarist rock band in the history of modern music: -1000

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

#7780 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interest in a pin based off the worst plagarist rock band in the history of modern music: -1000

What a bunch of scumbags.

#7781 3 years ago

Honestly...English white men profiting off of the musical ingenuity of American Delta Blues musicians not to mention everything stole from contemporary musicians of their time. If Stern puts out a Led Zep pin they won’t be able to include any “original music “ because they never wrote any hahaha. They are better off making a Muddy Waters pin! (End rant)

#7782 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Me in Disneyworld 1990
My mom still likes to tell the story of how I waited for 2hrs in the baking sun to sit up front for TMNT live lol
Got all 4 autographs and yes I'm rocking a Tmnt ball cap.
More people need to watch the tmnt documentary. It was a global phenomenon for a bit.....the concert tour though, oh the concert tour lol
[quoted image]

Tmnt has roots from where I live. The two guys who created it lived 20 minutes from here in a rural town.

#7783 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

What a bunch of scumbags.

Well, your both kinda right.
However, what i know about music is most of it is based on something else. This has been going on for about 500 years.
What i do know is they took a bunch of other tracks and tidbits and made some awesome music.

#7784 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Don't forget Jimmy page the pedophile.

#7785 3 years ago

And then the realization that his pedo activity was part of his ritual occultism practices.

Quoted from Shinemyballz:

Don't forget Jimmy page the pedophile.

#7786 3 years ago

Movie pins - Scarface, Jaws, The Pink Panther, Cheech and Chong, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes (hey, I'd like to catch the Roadrunner/Speedy/Buggs, or run a coyote into a cliff wall).
Music - Judas Priest, Slayer, Ozzy, a Hendrix LE w/ alotta purple on it machine gunnin', I'd dig that, a Van Halen - get the party started, (Iced Earth has great music not known I guess) and a Rock Festival Pin (music from each generation, going across the globe, 60's -Monterey, Woodstock, Newport, 70's Isle of White, 80's - US Festival, 90's Lallapolooza, Monsters of Rock, to current such as Coachella, Waken, Download Fest, etc).
and another original theme that just hit me, how 'bout "Space Force", I d like a theme about teching it up on into space (starships and lasers man) based on our new military branch, why not?! And a Halo - but then, people might be like, "man, I'd rather be palying Halo?" Tallyho

#7787 3 years ago

Only one rock pin needs to be made...

BLACK SABBATH

Quoted from RayGun:

Movie pins - Scarface, Jaws, The Pink Panther, Cheech and Chong, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes (hey, I'd like to catch the Roadrunner/Speedy/Buggs, or run a coyote into a cliff wall).
Music - Judas Priest, Slayer, Ozzy, a Hendrix LE w/ alotta purple on it machine gunnin', I'd dig that, a Van Halen - get the party started, (Iced Earth has great music not known I guess) and a Rock Festival Pin (music from each generation, going across the globe, 60's -Monterey, Woodstock, Newport, 70's Isle of White, 80's - US Festival, 90's Lallapolooza, Monsters of Rock, to current such as Coachella, Waken, Download Fest, etc).
and another original theme that just hit me, how 'bout "Space Force", I d like a theme about teching it up on into space (starships and lasers man) based on our new military branch, why not?! And a Halo - but then, people might be like, "man, I'd rather be palying Halo?" Tallyho

#7788 3 years ago

Shame about the plagiarism, and if you're going to throw the pedophilia thing around as it pertains to rock stars (and yes, it's abhorrant), then you just knocked out about half of the rock legends (as well as some classical composers). Now, let's stop acting all high and mighty and tell me when that Zep pin is coming out. I'd like to play me some Kashmir (not plagiarized) multiball.

#7789 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If it were Hip hop, it would be called "sampling"

#7790 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Also Im 39 years old and Harry Potter would be my absolute Grail theme. Im a star wars nut, but for pinball Id prefer Harry Potter. And my whole family would enjoy the heck out of it as we have all read the books and seen the movies multiple times. Weve been to Universal every year over the last 3-4 years to visit. We just love it. So even as a middle aged guy I would KILL for a Harry Potter themed pinball. I love music but could care less about music themed pins. Id much prefer sci fi or fantasy themes.

It would be great for jjp, but Stern would fuck it up. Making a ball do "magic" takes mechs and magnets that do neat things. In short, it would take some innovation and cost. Stern wouldn't spend the money. A Dracula magnet effect would work well with the theme.

#7791 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Yeah a classic with a rape scene, ok boomer...

So a movie can't be a classic if it includes a rape scene? That's weird.

#7792 3 years ago

Jimmy Page talks endlessly in interviews about how he studied the great black American musicians who came before him. He adopted a style that was a mixture of his own innate talents and whole lot of things he liked the sound of. When I listen to him talk even in very recent interview, he does nothing but praise those that came before him (by name) and pay tribute to them through his music. Surely the record companies were not interested in sharing the credit and the money at the time and IPs of these poor musicians were emulated by many. It would have been nice to see them have gotten the credit and compensation due, but that ship has sailed in a lot more cases than Led Zep. I don't at all want to diminish the idea that people should have been compensated, but I would not change a single thing about the music Lep Zep made. Jimmy Page is a genius who built on concepts of people he admired and the talents of the band around him to create some of the greatest rock music ever.

#7793 3 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Still hoping one day for a proper RUSH pin. There shouldn't be any shortage of art and mode ideas available based on the holy triumvirate.

YES! Sign me up, this would be awesome!

#7794 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Revenge of the nerds......Fn classic.

Tmnt 1 holds up very well.

#7795 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Black Sabbath were the better and more original rock band of the 70s for sure. Zeppelin was still great, but like your video shows, it was mostly borrowed, stolen...whatever you wanna call it. Sabbath however, was on a whole other level.

#7796 3 years ago
Quoted from sunnRAT:

Black Sabbath were the better and more original rock band of the 70s for sure. Zeppelin was still great, but like your video shows, it was mostly borrowed, stolen...whatever you wanna call it. Sabbath however, was on a whole other level.

Ozzy callouts would be hilarious!

#7797 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Ozzy callouts would be hilarious!

The all time classic Ozzy callout...

BA5B0381-4A68-422F-81B6-47E47F7158B6.gifBA5B0381-4A68-422F-81B6-47E47F7158B6.gif
#7798 3 years ago

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this, but I'll make my prediction for Stern's 2024 pinball machine: The Matrix.

Why in 2024? It will be the 25th anniversary of the movie, the theme would be awesome, and they could do some very clever magnet effects of Neo being "The One" and blocking pinballs and zipping them around the playfield.

I know someone modded a Johnny Mnemonic to the Matrix theme, but an official proper one I think would be awesome.

Other than that I'm with a lot of other people on the TMNT pinball machine. The 30th anniversary of the first movie is coming up.

#7799 3 years ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Why in 2024? It will be the 25th anniversary of the movie, the theme would be awesome, and they could do some very clever magnet effects of Neo being "The One" and blocking pinballs and zipping them around the playfield.

With the exception of Batman 66, Stern has never really shown an interest in anniversary dates. Matrix would have been a superb theme back when the trilogy was hot, perhaps the new movie in development will breath life back into the franchise.

#7800 3 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No, that would be Elvis Presley. He never wrote a song. Zepplin wrote some of the most iconic music in history. They covered lots of blues (check out their version of travelin riverside blues, epic)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 46,137 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/156?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.