Pee Wee Buffy (resized).jpg
Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,155 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 924.
#7651 3 years ago
Quoted from bigchief99:

Nothing against Keith making a Godzilla game if that is true......was hoping he was going to make a Jaws game if that game was ever being considered..

Jaws was the internal codename for JP2. No way they'd use that if actual Jaws was even on the radar as a theme.

#7652 3 years ago

Red Hot Chili Peppers would be awesome if u ask me. I'm pretty sure they have a big enough fan base. I'd want a feature where you have to shoot the ball under a bridge of course.

#7653 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Jaws was the internal codename for JP2. No way they'd use that if actual Jaws was even on the radar as a theme.

Yeah they would; they would just code name it Teeth. No licence is off limits if Stern can shift a tonne of them it will get made.

#7654 3 years ago

I’m really impressed with Elwin and Jurassic Park. Was debating on Maiden, but not crazy about the theme, thought I’d just wait for his next game. Unfortunately, I’m not thrilled about Godzilla as a theme either. Maybe Keith can work his magic, but it also feels kind of a close theme to JP. I’d think he’d want to work on something completely different.

If your into the theme, there’s no better designer though, so Godzilla fans should be happy if the rumors are true.

#7655 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’m really impressed with Elwin and Jurassic Park. Was debating on Maiden, but not crazy about the theme, thought I’d just wait for his next game. Unfortunately, I’m not thrilled about Godzilla as a theme either. Maybe Keith can work his magic, but it also feels kind of a close theme to JP. I’d think he’d want to work on something completely different.
If your into the theme, there’s no better designer though, so Godzilla fans should be happy if the rumors are true.

I believe I heard his next game is a two flipper game(though I could be very mistaken).
I love me a third (or fourth) flipper but I'm curious what the man does with two and it definitely wouldnt feel like JP if that's the case.
Lol, I just realized I have 12 flippers between my 3 games if you count the Shadow battlefield paddle. What's extra funny is my neighbour offered to sell me his Black Hole. My flipper count would be through the roof.

#7656 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah they would; they would just code name it Teeth. No licence is off limits if Stern can shift a tonne of them it will get made.

It would have to be "Bruce"

#7657 3 years ago

It really surprises me that Elwin would go from a T-Rex theme to a... well, giant T-Rex like theme. I remember he said in an interview that he was working on something really different but I don't recall if he meant to him, or in general. I guess it could just be the number of flippers. Anyway, I am sure whatever the theme is, it will probably end up in my basement.

#7658 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah they would; they would just code name it Teeth.

Yes, Jaws would have a codename, every game does. My point is they wouldn't use the license of an upcoming game as another game's codename. Tips their hand, and would just be confusing around the office. "How's Jaws coming along? Not actual movie Jaws, I mean fake Jaws."

Quoted from J85M:

No licence is off limits if Stern can shift a tonne of them it will get made.

Of course it's not off-limits. But it wasn't being considered at the time JP2 was designed, or they would have avoided the name. If you disagree you simply don't understand how these things work.

#7659 3 years ago

Elwin JAWS Would be a big time must have for me..

#7660 3 years ago

Let's be serious, Godzilla is a Studio title (E:HOH), not a Cornerstone. I'm all-in for Godzilla Premium, maybe even LE. Would they call the top tier a signature edition or SLE? SLE makes more sense, Godzilla can't really sign anything.

If it is a studio title, can I be greedy and ask for Elwin+Lyman? EPIC.

#7661 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

And Godzilla sure sounds like a codename for something else. Maybe car theme based on GTR's? I would love that but not getting my hopes up lol.

#7662 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

And Godzilla sure sounds like a codename for something else. Maybe car theme based on GTR's? I would love that but not getting my hopes up lol.

This sounds more likely. Perhaps code-named such because it's a pin to come in and wreck the competition?

Harry Potter?

If Stern has Harry Potter, that sucks. But if it HAS to be Stern, then Elwin is the man for it.

Or, alternately, it could be Back to the Future because of the nuclear angle and Godzilla being a product of nuclear waste.

#7663 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

it could be Back to the Future because of the nuclear angle and Godzilla being a product of nuclear waste.

Please be this. It would certainly be a HUGE title. BTTF would have MONSTER sales. Sterns game to go up against any other retro atomic themes coming up?

#7664 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I believe I heard his next game is a two flipper game(though I could be very mistaken).
I love me a third (or fourth) flipper but I'm curious what the man does with two and it definitely wouldnt feel like JP if that's the case.
Lol, I just realized I have 12 flippers between my 3 games if you count the Shadow battlefield paddle. What's extra funny is my neighbour offered to sell me his Black Hole. My flipper count would be through the roof.

I don’t think he’d do a two flipper game. Keith has stated in interviews that he couldn’t see himself doing less than three flippers.

#7665 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Please be this. It would certainly be a HUGE title. BTTF would have MONSTER sales. Sterns game to go up against any other retro atomic themes coming up?

I don't know WHAT it is, but given that Jaws turned out to be the code name for Jurassic Park, I'm more of the mind that Godzilla is a code name for Elwin's next pin and not the pin itself. The Stern shared Harry Potter World picture from like a year and a half ago and what a monster hit it would be feeds this. But basically if you look at the codename as standing in for a "destroy the competition" release, it could be any big title fans have been asking for with lots of sales potential. Harry Potter and Back to the Future both fit this profile.

#7666 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know WHAT it is, but given that Jaws turned out to be the code name for Jurassic Park, I'm more of the mind that Godzilla is a code name for Elwin's next pin and not the pin itself. The Stern shared Harry Potter World picture from like a year and a half ago and what a monster hit it would be feeds this. But basically if you look at the codename as standing in for a "destroy the competition" release, it could be any big title fans have been asking for with lots of sales potential. Harry Potter and Back to the Future both fit this profile.

Except Stern supposedly has the license for Godzilla.

#7667 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Except Stern supposedly has the license for Godzilla.

Godzilla vs Kong movie coming out later this year so it makes sense they would use the license along with that.

#7668 3 years ago

I’ll take a Borg tmnt which is what is next over an elwin.

#7669 3 years ago

As someone who grew up a massive nerd, I gotta say, you nerds are killin' me with this Harry Potter crap.

#7670 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Perhaps circling back to Led Zep?

Screenshot_20200521-210846_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200521-210846_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7671 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

BOC (resized).pngBOC (resized).png
#7672 3 years ago

If it's Harry Potter the pinside classifieds will be flooded ads for people selling pins to raise the dough. Dream theme right next to ST:TNG, Jurassic Park, and The Simpsons.

#7673 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Zeppelin is Steve Ritchie later in the year, isn't it?

#7674 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

[quoted image]

Damn you. I had managed to forget about that.

#7675 3 years ago

I know a few people wouldn't be happy about a Harry Potter pin. I think it would be a great theme. Very few franchises have been generational themes. Star Wars, LOTR, and Harry Potter.
You can give honorable mentions to some. Indy, JP, and BTTF. I am sure there are others.
Personally, I wouldn't want a Harry Potter for myself. I would buy it for the route sight unseen.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7676 3 years ago

Harry Potter WOULD be a great theme...just not for me.

I've got 3 Ritchie games, so I guess I'm a fan. If he's doing Led Zep, I'm an instant buy because they were one of my faves growing up.

That said, if Led Zep is actually another Kaminkow rehash like the Beatles was, I an instant out. I'm still in therapy for my disappointment in the Beatles game...which I had a deposit on until I realized it looked like an Easter basket.

#7677 3 years ago

I thought J.K. Rowling was against pinball with all this Harry Potter talk or has something changed?

#7678 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I thought J.K. Rowling was against pinball with all this Harry Potter talk or has something changed?

Something changed when she crawled out of the speakeasy and put out her virginia slims, realizing we're in the 21st century and her ideas about pinball are completely wrong in this day and age.

#7679 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Harry Potter WOULD be a great theme...just not for me.
I've got 3 Ritchie games, so I guess I'm a fan. If he's doing Led Zep, I'm an instant buy because they were one of my faves growing up.
That said, if Led Zep is actually another Kaminkow rehash like the Beatles was, I an instant out. I'm still in therapy for my disappointment in the Beatles game...which I had a deposit on until I realized it looked like an Easter basket.

Supposedly the reason Zep was delayed is it was upgraded to a full pin instead of crappy Beatles treatment. Thank god that case pack rarity model they tried to roll on The Beatles failed.

#7680 3 years ago

“The Incredibles” designed by Lyman or Elwin would be incredible.

#7681 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

“The Incredibles” designed by Lyman or Elwin would be incredible.

Jack Jack multi ball. I can see it now

#7682 3 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Jack Jack multi ball. I can see it now

I think you meant to say Omnidroid multiball

#7683 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Didn't someone say that Stern do have BTTF?

My money would be Keith doing this.

This would destroy the competition!

#7684 3 years ago

Keith making another large reptile based pin? I just don't see it... JP is a masterpiece and already has a big ass Trex head...

Maybe Godzilla is code named for a Fast and Furious pin? I've always wondered why they never picked up that license. I'm thinking Godzilla could be a nod to the late Paul Walker seeing as his favorite car was a GTR (Godzilla) and it was also in one of the movies. A F&F themed pin based on the first movie would be pretty sick.

I know, wishful thinking. But the timing could be right seeing as Fast 9 is coming out later this year (well, more likely next year now)

#7685 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Keith making another large reptile based pin? I just don't see it... JP is a masterpiece and already has a big ass Trex head...
Maybe Godzilla is code named for a Fast and Furious pin? I've always wondered why they never picked up that license. I'm thinking Godzilla could be a nod to the late Paul Walker seeing as his favorite car was a GTR (Godzilla) and it was also in one of the movies. A F&F themed pin based on the first movie would be pretty sick.
I know, wishful thinking. But the timing could be right seeing as Fast 9 is coming out later this year (well, more likely next year now)

Base it on Fast 5, the best movie in the series with action scenes perfect for pinball, Vault Heist Multiball... take my money right now!

#7686 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Maybe Godzilla is code named for a Fast and Furious pin? I've always wondered why they never picked up that license.

Mustang was supposedly a Fast and Furious originally that fell through.

#7687 3 years ago

People dont even want to admit they watched the fast and furious movies, let alone that they enjoyed them. I cant see many people dropping thousands of dollars to proudly display their Vin Diesel game. Fast and Furious is a guilty pleasure at best, not a classic theme. You want a classic car movie? Watch Vanishing point. Freaking classic.

#7688 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

People dont even want to admit they watched the fast and furious movies, let alone that they enjoyed them. I cant see many people dropping thousands of dollars to proudly display their Vin Diesel game. Fast and Furious is a guilty pleasure at best, not a classic theme. You want a classic car movie? Watch Vanishing point. Freaking classic.

Jackie Chan Thunderbolt!!!

It's like Kung Fu... WITH CARS!!!

#7689 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

People dont even want to admit they watched the fast and furious movies, let alone that they enjoyed them.

I've never seen one but the trailers are like if that Disturbed song that goes "OH WAH AH AH AH!" was a movie. Could not sit through one even with hot buttered popcorn.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You want a classic car movie? Watch Vanishing point. Freaking classic.

Or along the same lines, Drive. Not that either could be a pin, but great movies.

#7690 3 years ago

If there were to be a Vin Diesel pin, it would have to be Riddick series...

#7691 3 years ago

Only one car movie that deserves a pinball...Cannonball Run.

#7692 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

If there were to be a Vin Diesel pin, it would have to be Riddick series...

Theres already a Vin Diesel pin. It's called Guardians of the Galaxy. "I AM GROOT!"

#7694 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I've never seen one but the trailers are like if that Disturbed song that goes "OH WAH AH AH AH!" was a movie. Could not sit through one even with hot buttered popcorn.

Or along the same lines, Drive. Not that either could be a pin, but great movies.

Drive would be awesome! Especially if they got access to the soundtrack

#7695 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Theres already a Vin Diesel pin. It's called Guardians of the Galaxy. "I AM GROOT!"

Crud, I never saw the movie or knew Vin was in it...

#7696 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

There's already a Vin Diesel pin. It's called Guardians of the Galaxy.

Word is that Vin had a very hard time memorizing his lines for that movie.

#7697 3 years ago

Fast times at Ridgemont high ?

#7698 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Especially if they got access to the soundtrack

Cliff Martinez, best in the biz!

#7699 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Cliff Martinez, best in the biz!

...only after the director had Johnny Jewel score the film, and the studio replaced him since he wasn't a big name. They paid Cliff to mimic Johnny's style. But the soundtrack still has a few songs from bands on Johnny's label Italians Do It Better. That whole sound was one of the director's inspirations for the vibe of the film.

Sorry, music geek tangent.

#7700 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sorry, music geek tangent.

Interesting info thanks. I may be the only "Lost River" fan around so Johnny Jewel is fine in my book.
Of course "Solaris" OST is as good as they come.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,155 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/154?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.