Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 938.
#7001 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Good to know I thought Stern where having a laugh with this one. On that note apologies Stern, instead Incendium can go swivel on my middle finger instead

That’s the correct attitude.

I spent 10 pages trying to convince people to address their complaints about Primus to Primus before I finally gave up.

Are pinsiders become quicker learners or just getting smarter? Or both?!

#7002 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I spent 10 pages trying to convince people to address their complaints about Primus to Primus before I finally gave up.

I doubt either!!

Im just happy to be corrected and if I’m wrong I’m wrong and I’ll apologise and redirect it where it’s deserved.. now about that dimpling

#7003 4 years ago

I'd like to own a Deadpool. I bought a Maiden and LOVE it. I'd like to own a Jurassic Park.
I have not been interested in any other Stern offerings lately. The cornerstones are just a matter of tastes. *Beatles, Munster, BKSoR, Elvira...ok, to.each their own but not for me. The other Stern offerings though? Star Wars home pin at a ridiculous price point? How about a SW pro or premium with comic art? Batman '66 with an emphasis on Catwoman? A vault of Iron man which can be found cheaply and abundantly? This Heavy Metal let down? Thanks for making it easier for me to save for my wishlist games Stern.
Also, I loved my 2018 run Metallica but do we really need another run in 2020? Vault something that people have been asking g for or something that is somewhat scarce in the second hand market. (Or just vault Xmen with an LCD loaded with the 90s cartoon series because I know at least 1 guy who would pre order that sucker)

#7004 4 years ago

Wow if they need 50 orders for a batch GLWT!

#7005 4 years ago

Stern is in a real rut with Elvira, Stanger things and now this a Heavy Metal retread home pin.

Here to hoping they blow it out of the box with Led Zeppelin.

I want to buy a pin and everyone keeps laying turds!

#7006 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'd like to own a Deadpool. I bought a Maiden and LOVE it. I'd like to own a Jurassic Park.
I have not been interested in any other Stern offerings lately. The cornerstones are just a matter of tastes. *Beatles, Munster, BKSoR, Elvira...ok, to.each their own but not for me. The other Stern offerings though? Star Wars home pin at a ridiculous price point? How about a SW pro or premium with comic art? Batman '66 with an emphasis on Catwoman? A vault of Iron man which can be found cheaply and abundantly? This Heavy Metal let down? Thanks for making it easier for me to save for my wishlist games Stern.
Also, I loved my 2018 run Metallica but do we really need another run in 2020? Vault something that people have been asking g for or something that is somewhat scarce in the second hand market. (Or just vault Xmen with an LCD loaded with the 90s cartoon series because I know at least 1 guy who would pre order that sucker)

Guardians of the galaxy?

#7007 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stern is in a real rut with Elvira, Stanger things and now this a Heavy Metal retread home pin.
Here to hoping they blow it out of the box with Led Zeppelin.
I want to buy a pin and everyone keeps laying turds!

...you forgot IM VE!

#7008 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I see your struggle and by comments coming in some people still don’t get it, I think I’m going to have my company contract a pin and then charge $20k and watch heads explode

#7009 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

...you forgot IM VE!

Shit...forgot about that!

Yeah they are in a major rut for sure. Wtf!

#7010 4 years ago

I'm selling walking dead to buy something, but I still don't have what, gotg is an option, another option is to expect something new

#7011 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I'm selling walking dead to buy something, but I still don't have what, gotg is an option, another option is to expect something new

Going from Lyman's exquisite code (Walking Dead) to Lonnie's usual "good enough" code (Guardians), would be a tremendous step down. Not recommended.

#7012 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Going from Lyman's exquisite code (Walking Dead) to Lonnie's usual "good enough" code (Guardians), would be a tremendous step down. Not recommended.

The music is kinda fun to experience, it's worth a few hundred flips IMO.

#7013 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I play my games a lot at home. If I had 2k plays on TWD, I’d probably be changing it out for something fresh also. GOTG is fun, nothing wrong with rotating it in for a bit.

#7014 4 years ago

I'm in the TWD to GotG is a major downgrade, TWD has super deep engaging code and GotG is just Groot multiball endlessly.

#7015 4 years ago

I had guardians in the past and I miss him a lot, I find it very funny my wife misses him too. Another post-civility is selling spiderman but I also like it a lot and it's in a new state. It's a difficult decision because I know that twd has a much better code of game but gotg with the cleland code seems to me one of the funniest machines I've ever played

#7016 4 years ago

Another option is to sell my two classic machines

#7017 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wait a minute this is Star Wars home edition reskinned with new art, a dmd instead of an lcd and a coin door.
If so then how the hell is this $8299 when Star Wars Home was like $4499!?!

Because.. Sern are killing it right now..

#7018 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm in the TWD to GotG is a major downgrade, TWD has super deep engaging code and GotG is just Groot multiball endlessly.

You running .62 launch code? That’s isn’t the case with the current code. If you are trying to score big or progress to cherry bomb etc. Groot all day isn’t the strategy. Not saying GOTG is as deep as TWD, but it’s for sure not Groot all day.

#7019 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You running .62 launch code? That’s isn’t the case with the current code. If you are trying to score big or progress to cherry bomb etc. Groot all day isn’t the strategy. Not saying GOTG is as deep as TWD, but it’s for sure not Groot all day.

We used to have a TWD in the office and they replaced it with GotG, not sure what code its running. There may be better ways to score on GotG but it is so easy to start Groot I just always end up in it and can't be bothered with much else. I'm not very hard core with strategy though but there is really no need to be with GotG. There is no comparison for me between the two games, I used to play TWD every day I played GotG for a week or two and haven't looked at it in months.

#7020 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Youre right.. its Orb all day now.

#7021 4 years ago
Quoted from AttackFromPhilly:

And they are being built to order so it's pretty risk free for Stern.

I'm sure the contract game program is next to no financial risk for them.

Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a contract pin. Stern doesn't set the price or sell it to end users. Incendium pays Stern for the minimum run of machines in full, and Incendium (not Stern) sells those machines to their fans/users for whatever they can get.

Yea they'd be foolish to not turn down anyone willing to pay for their contract program.

#7022 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I play my games a lot at home. If I had 2k plays on TWD, I’d probably be changing it out for something fresh also. GOTG is fun, nothing wrong with rotating it in for a bit.

Rotating to keep the collection fresh is recommended. Trading a diamond for a turd is not. There are plenty of much more fun and engaging pins to get after Walking Dead. GotG isn't on that list, nor are most Lonnie-coded titles.

#7023 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Rotating to keep the collection fresh is recommended. Trading a diamond for a turd is not. There are plenty of much more fun and engaging pins to get after Walking Dead. GotG isn't on that list, nor are most Lonnie-coded titles.

For the record I recently sold Batman 66, awesome Lyman game. Not buying GOTG myself. But calling it a turd is a stretch.

#7024 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For the record I recently sold Batman, awesome Lyman game. Not buying GOTG myself. But calling it a turd is a stretch.

Batman:TDK is the only Lyman-coded game I would call a turd. Even he couldn't code around Gomez's design on that one to make it fun. Congrats on finding the exception to the rule.

GotG is one in a long line of Lonnie-coded turds.

#7025 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Batman:TDK is the only Lyman-coded game I would call a turd. Even he couldn't code around Gomez's design on that one to make it fun. Congrats on finding the exception to the rule.

To clarify: Batman 66 is what I was referring to

#7026 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

To clarify: Batman 66 is what I was referring to

Well, Batman '66 is MUCH better than Batman:TDK, but it's still not among Lyman's best due to playfield design that was out of his control. The turntable just slows the game down too much, even with the speed increased in settings. I wouldn't put it in Lyman's top 5.

That said, it's still better than almost any Lonnie-coded mess.

#7027 4 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Guardians of the galaxy?

Predates the timeframes im referring to and while gotg is fun it is not even close to being a top game. (And on a personal note, I dont enjoy games with different character perks etc) The met 2020 ve run makes more sense than more gotg lol.

#7028 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwheels:

Heavy metal is amazing!!!! Maybe a dream theme. I had heard rumors of this but can’t believe it’s happening!

Don't get too excited they are just reusing the star wars home pin layout and charging double the price. What a rip. No interesting mechs just 2 figures. Bummer

#7029 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

KISS is a ton of fun though - took years for code to be done but it's great now.

Could do with some tweaks but think it's done!

#7030 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meanwhile Dwight codes his games better. Lonnie’s games are always... Just good, but that’s about it.

#7031 4 years ago

playing guardians I realized that even if you do groot easily if you don't have multipliers, doing multiball is of no use because the score is minimal. I know that twd is better coded ... but it is true that guardians have a fun point that is very pleasant. Anyway I think I'll wait to see what is new this year

#7032 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Meanwhile Dwight codes his games better. Lonnie’s games are always... Just good, but that’s about it.

Stat Trek would like a word with you.

#7033 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

KISS is a ton of fun though - took years for code to be done but it's great now.
Could do with some tweaks but think it's done!

Pretty sure that, like most Lonnie games that became good in the end, OTHERS fixed what he farted out for KISS initially. Based on what I've seen of Deadpool, that was probably Tanio.

#7034 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Dwight has his problematic machines (Munsters is AWFUL), but overall, Dwight has a much better record than Lonnie, who earned every bit of his basement-level ranking.

#7035 4 years ago

I really love the code on GOTG, picking off each missions flashing shots before the timer runs out
Basic, maybe, but I don’t care, it’s that style of gameplay that I dig
Also hitting the 5 hadron enforcer targets to engage the lockdown bar button, which in turn spots you 3 shots for each mission is cool
Cherry bomb multiball is sweet, 2 wizard modes and a layout equal to Metallica
Great theme and game, good job Lonnie and co

#7036 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Lonnies games usually consist of shoot the same exact shot a set number of times to start a mode then either shoot that same shot again over and over or if he’s feeling imaginative shoot lit shots around the playfield, rinse and repeat for every mode.

#7037 4 years ago

Whole thing is just weird, I don’t understand it, and it’s all Sterns fault.

#7038 4 years ago

GOTG in its latest code state is fine...and the code works for the game as far as i'm concerned. Not every game needs to be a chess match within a game like Star Wars. Munsters is still horrid though.

#7039 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dwight has his problematic machines (Munsters is AWFUL), but overall, Dwight has a much better record than Lonnie, who earned every bit of his basement-level ranking.

True, but I think even thought it’s not officially announced. Munsters will get another update sometime. Same as GOT and GB. Wich turned out great. But only time will tell.

#7040 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

True, but I think even thought it’s not officially announced. Munsters will get another update sometime. Same as GOT....

This is a really isn't true, GOT was great and pretty much finished code after a month. It didn't do a big update that changed everything.

#7041 4 years ago

Well, i'm really hoping JJP GnR turns out to be awesome....
If not I may have to buy a NIB German version Kiss LE - even though I hate the silly looking SSSSs

#7042 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

GOTG in its latest code state is fine...and the code works for the game as far as i'm concerned. Not every game needs to be a chess match within a game like Star Wars. Munsters is still horrid though.

Add on top of that 2 main multiballs with no real meaning to the story... just two things chosen from random from the theme. Groot MB? Ummm yeah, because you hit a toy on the PF (who is on your side!) a bunch. Orb MB? Well, an orb is round, and there's an orb in the game, so sure, have an arbitrary MB named after it to supposedly immerse you in the theme.

Compare that with things like Prison MB - zombies in the yard, each shot kills one off the DMD... or ST Vengeance MB - destroy the enemy ship... or AMP Suit MB - take out the AMP mech.

Those tie you into the theme while playing. Orb MB just because both that and a pinball are what, round and an Orb is in GOTG? Neat...

#7043 4 years ago

Heavy Metal, ah that movie. I remember as a kid watching it on HBO shocked that something like that existed. It might have made a fun quirky pin if it had the full LCD treatment. Seems more like a spooky type pin though as it might sell 500 or so.

I do think it's a good sign for the industry that contract games like these are being made -- it means people are starting to think of pinball again.

#7044 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Add on top of that 2 main multiballs with no real meaning to the story... just two things chosen from random from the theme. Groot MB? Ummm yeah, because you hit a toy on the PF (who is on your side!) a bunch. Orb MB? Well, an orb is round, and there's an orb in the game, so sure, have an arbitrary MB named after it to supposedly immerse you in the theme.
Compare that with things like Prison MB - zombies in the yard, each shot kills one off the DMD... or ST Vengeance MB - destroy the enemy ship... or AMP Suit MB - take out the AMP mech.
Those tie you into the theme while playing. Orb MB just because both that and a pinball are what, round and an Orb is in GOTG? Neat...

I wasn't asking for your approval of my opinion. I enjoyed the game while I owned it, and that is that. I can think of a few other Sterns that I can bitch about more.

#7045 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I wasn't asking for your approval of my opinion.

I wasn't asking for your approval of my approval of your opinion.

#7046 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I wasn't asking for your approval of my approval of your opinion.

I approve of this message.

#7047 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I approve of this message.

I disapprove of your approval of his acknowledging non-approval of his approval of the opinion.

#7048 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I disapprove of your approval of his acknowledging non-approval of his approval of the opinion.

OK fine, folks, I'll start the paperwork for administrative forms

#7049 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

OK fine, folks, I'll start the paperwork for administrative forms

Where are the TPS cover sheets ??

#7050 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Where are the TPS cover sheets ??

Near the stapler .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/141?hl=drained and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.