balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 923.
#6901 4 years ago

And lets not forget the best Southpark episode.

#6902 4 years ago

I would've prefered the original cover.

s592 (resized).jpgs592 (resized).jpg
#6903 4 years ago
Quoted from Snailpin:

I would've prefered the original cover.[quoted image]

Like this one. By CPR.
HM_Gallery-1-768x539 (resized).jpgHM_Gallery-1-768x539 (resized).jpg

#6904 4 years ago

You die. She dies. Everybody dies.
Is this real? Ffs a home pin?

#6905 4 years ago
c744925be08e1d74b121a44de8d24362 (resized).jpgc744925be08e1d74b121a44de8d24362 (resized).jpg
#6907 4 years ago

Man I remember watching Heavy Metal on HBO back in the day with my buds... As pre-teens we were dying laughing the entire time. Felt like we were really watching something we weren't supposed to. Good times...

#6908 4 years ago

Original Soundtrack!

...featuring Sebastian Bach.

Uh.

...someone want to tell them?

#6909 4 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

the real question is, what game is it a re-theme of?

Popeye Saves the Earth

#6910 4 years ago

I think Black Sabbath did some of the Tunes on Heavy Metal. Would be great if they got those licensed.
This could be interesting for sure.

#6911 4 years ago

If this is the new stern pin ... I'm not going to sell my walking dead to buy this ... I'll wait for another machine

#6912 4 years ago

DRUUNA! Unfortunatley appears to be more like that cut down Star Wars rather than a full featured game.

#6913 4 years ago

Wow dream theme for me!!!! I can't believe it, hope it's real.

#6914 4 years ago

Man, looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing plutonium nyborg!

#6915 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:I think Black Sabbath did some of the Tunes on Heavy Metal. Would be great if they got those licensed.
This could be interesting for sure.

I went and dug our the laserdisc released in 1996 and the blu-ray dvd to check the music from the film.
Going to watch it tonight as it’s been quite a few years since my last viewing.

There is huge potential in this theme but I’m not getting excited because
I hate being disappointed !

245D0A9A-29F0-4692-9B59-C229DBC960CA (resized).jpeg245D0A9A-29F0-4692-9B59-C229DBC960CA (resized).jpeg2F676DB4-C0D0-43F2-9FFD-10B81FD937DE (resized).jpeg2F676DB4-C0D0-43F2-9FFD-10B81FD937DE (resized).jpeg314A3A21-271D-4290-B113-605E21A58A38 (resized).jpeg314A3A21-271D-4290-B113-605E21A58A38 (resized).jpeg
#6916 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Popeye Saves the Earth

They just found a building full of Striker Extreme parts...d'oh!

#6917 4 years ago

Stu finished his Re-Theme of Heavy Metal ( from a Firepower ), it looks bad ass!
full Gallery here: https://classicplayfields.com/heavy-metal/

note: Click on the Gallery Image to bring up a larger cleaner version then just click on the pics to cycle.....

#6918 4 years ago

Looks like this could be legit. If you look at the bottom left of the flyer it is a logo for Incendium. If you go to their website they have the license for Heavy Metal, Iron Maiden, Bill and Ted, and other brands. When I searched for pinball the machine did not pop up but a limited edition artist proof of Iron Maiden from Stern popped up.

https://incendium.online/search?q=pinball

#6919 4 years ago

Heavy Metal was like Playboy but for sci-fi nerds in the 80s.

#6920 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Original Soundtrack!

...featuring Sebastian Bach.

Uh.

...someone want to tell them?

tell them what? I don't get it?

#6921 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I went and dug our the laserdisc released in 1996 and the blu-ray dvd to check the music from the film.
Going to watch it tonight as it’s been quite a few years since my last viewing.
There is huge potential in this theme but I’m not getting excited because
I hate being disappointed ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Captain Sternn. That says it all.

#6922 4 years ago

This is going to be a re-skin of Star Wars Home pin. Probably because the game failed to sell. Home editions just don't work for only $1000 less than a pro.

Stern will try and move out the old stock with Heavy Metal.

#6923 4 years ago

I really hope that this is real and not a re-skin of SW home pin. PASS on my dream theme!

Quoted from Halfwasted:

This is going to be a re-skin of Star Wars Home pin. Probably because the game failed to sell. Home editions just don't work for only $1000 less than a pro.
Stern will try and move out the old stock with Heavy Metal.

#6924 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I really hope that this is real and not a re-skin of SW home pin. PASS on my dream theme!

Also a top 5 dream theme for me and will PASS if it's a SW home pin. Might try to find one on the secondary market a few years down the road but not worth buying new. Just don't see a home pin selling good unless it's around $3500.

#6925 4 years ago

Read the flyer it’s got the same features as SW home edition.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6926 4 years ago

It says coin operated on flyer...so not a homepin?

#6927 4 years ago

Do the homepins have DMDs?

#6928 4 years ago

Wait DMD display. UGH! Can't be for real....

Quoted from crujones4life:

It says coin operated on flyer...so not a homepin?

#6929 4 years ago

Assuming it's real, it's probably the Spiderman Home / Supreme / Star Wars Home layout. Feature description matches up and Stern put Supreme in a commercial cabinet when they did that as contract work.

It seems like if you contract with Stern to build a limited run of a game you get to either pick the Whoa Nellie variant or the Spider Man Home variant. (Or pay a lot more for an original design and code)

#6930 4 years ago

It almost certainly will be. The lock bar looks like the home edition lock bar, and the top of the backbox (though not 100% clear) looks to be that thin bar you unscrew with a #2 screwdriver to remove the backglass. The rest of the specs seem to match what the home edition has - passive ball lock, 3 pops, 2 metal ramps. The 2 new toys will probably replace the Death Star and the Tie Fighter on a flex pole.

What I can't understand is why they went with a traditional DMD, when the two main home editions we've seen had a resized color dots DMD and a small LCD. Supreme did have the red DMD, which this appears to have as well, but the art is so iconic from this title, a simple red DMD seems a bit underwhelming. The color dots DMD or the small LCD would probably do the theme more justice.

#6931 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Assuming it's real, it's probably the Spiderman Home / Supreme / Star Wars Home layout. Feature description matches up and Stern put Supreme in a commercial cabinet when they did that as contract work.
It seems like if you contract with Stern to build a limited run of a game you get to either pick the Whoa Nellie variant or the Spider Man Home variant. (Or pay a lot more for an original design and code)

Yup, pretty sure if it's real it will be the Supreme pin body with real DMD and coin-op. Plus the metal ramps from the SW home pin. And lets not forget a crazy price tag.
Wasn't all the popbumpers fired from the same switch on these games?

#6932 4 years ago

Looks like a regular cabinet with no visible bolt heads.

#6933 4 years ago

Well not in my wheelhouse but it's a classic theme for sure!

#6934 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

What I can't understand is why they went with a traditional DMD, when the two main home editions we've seen had a resized color dots DMD and a small LCD. Supreme did have the red DMD, which this appears to have as well, but the art is so iconic from this title, a simple red DMD seems a bit underwhelming. The color dots DMD or the small LCD would probably do the theme more justice.

Because the DMD is way easier to do, so it's cheaper for whomever is contracting this through Stern.

If they use a LCD screen they have to chop up the video, make a GUI with custom art to frame the game. If they use the color LED DMD they have to re-do the animations to make up a bunch of Heavy Metal stuff. With the DMD they can just reuse what was in Supreme with a few minor tweaks.

They're probably only making 100-200 of these things. Just not enough money in it to do too much on a game that Stern isn't concerned with and will sell all the units based solely on the art, the brand name, and some nostalgia.

#6935 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That video was from like 5 years ago. It's much worse now.
I'm sure it would be "classic" Crue with the band having the crap airbrushed out of it. Far from the current Vince Neil reality...
[quoted image]

so, what you're saying is if a crue pinball was made, it would have to be a widebody?

#6936 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

It almost certainly will be. The lock bar looks like the home edition lock bar, and the top of the backbox (though not 100% clear) looks to be that thin bar you unscrew with a #2 screwdriver to remove the backglass. The rest of the specs seem to match what the home edition has - passive ball lock, 3 pops, 2 metal ramps. The 2 new toys will probably replace the Death Star and the Tie Fighter on a flex pole.

where are you seeing these pics? On the flyer it is a normal looking spike cabinet like ghostbusters with the same dmd and panel, head, lockdown etc. normal coin door.....

EDIT: the Supreme contracted pinball did have the normal head/dmd/speaker panel. So they could of done that. But the Stern official home games do not use standard dmd/lcd's.

#6937 4 years ago
Screenshot_20200219-135915_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200219-135915_Facebook (resized).jpg
#6938 4 years ago

Although if anyone is curious, many reviews of the SW home edition do say it is very fun and sometimes more enjoyable than the pro....

#6939 4 years ago

Stern management: "Guys, we ordered parts for 500 Star Wars "The Pin" games and only sold 50. What are we going to do with all the parts?"

Jody D: "Lets do what we did with Spiderman Home Edition. Use the parts up with a contract game like Supreme"

Stern management: "Brilliant!!"

#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

A view to a Kill - with Moore + Walken + Jones Theme would be an instant buy- especially with the Duran Duran sound track licensed.

I would think that the pin would center around more than one Bond film.

Licensing wise they;d have to stick to a single movie/actor/soundtrack which is a bummer.

Well, music-wise, yeah ... they'd have to secure the rights to a lot of titles, but I think EON owns the rights to most of the songs.
You can work around the different actors. You'd only need the various clips of bad guys and Bond girls .

I'm sure Stern would love to milk that license ... think of all of the different translites they could sell with different Bond likenesses . A set of 25 different translites ... one for each movie ... they could ask $3K for something like that .

Please keep in mind that this is all based on a rumor ... I had seen 007 mentioned as a new Stern pin by a couple of people. When I saw Steve's post of a younger Walken for no real reason, I became a true believer . FWIW, about a year before BKSoR was released, Steve had replied to a post asking about Black Knight. He went on to reply with a lot of detail about the Black Knight license holder . About a year later, BKSoR was released (I had called him out on the licensor details ... I got yelled at ). We will see of course .

#6941 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Although if anyone is curious, many reviews of the SW home edition do say it is very fun and sometimes more enjoyable than the pro....

I played the SW home. I can confirm, I like it better than the pro. Price is the tripping point though...needs to be about $3k for that level of build.

#6942 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Sometimes more enjoyable than the pro, yes. Very fun, I don't know about that.

#6943 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I played the SW home. I can confirm, I like it better than the pro. Price is the tripping point though...needs to be about $3k for that level of build.

I think all pinball people agree it is over priced. and I agree I think it is as well, but we know far too much about the market and prices vs a non pinball person that just wants a game.

Quoted from RatShack:

Sometimes more enjoyable than the pro, yes. Very fun, I don't know about that.

I can edit that to be just "fun" ?

#6944 4 years ago

I was thrown off by "passive TWO BALL lock" but I went back and watched Star Wars the Pin footage and you can indeed lock two balls on the R2-D2 lock. Never realized that the few times I played it.

The Star Wars home pin is pretty fun but as others have mentioned the price point makes no sense and I have a feeling Stern is going to be selling this one for even more. The coin-op feature means that they aren't going to be marketing this as a home pin. Throw in the limited run and I see this going for at least the price of a pro and possibly more.

#6945 4 years ago
Quoted from AttackFromPhilly:

I was thrown off by "passive TWO BALL lock" but I went back and watched Star Wars the Pin footage and you can indeed lock two balls on the R2-D2 lock. Never realized that the few times I played it.
The Star Wars home pin is pretty damn fun but as others have mentioned the price point makes no sense and I have a feeling Stern is going to be selling this one for even more. The coin-op feature means that they aren't going to be marketing this as a home pin. Throw in the limited run and I see this going for at least the price of a pro and possibly more.

Supreme went for $10k. Not the same brand power, but I see this going for $6-$7k. Just a guess.

#6946 4 years ago

I was waiting for this post!

#6947 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

[quoted image]

Yep, just saw that as well. Curious.

#6948 4 years ago

I'm not ashamed to say that I'd love to see a Billie Eilish pin.

#6949 4 years ago

My avatar says it all, hope its cool!
1228DFDA-64AC-41E7-8584-EEB30C3A0C9F (resized).jpeg1228DFDA-64AC-41E7-8584-EEB30C3A0C9F (resized).jpeg

#6950 4 years ago

ok, I just checked out Sebastian Bach, Brendon Small and the NIght Flight Orchestra and all artists have made Heavy Metal songs that have nothing to do with the Heavy Metal film in the 80s or 2000 for that matter. So this is going to be a "Heavy Metal" soundtrack of metal songs and probably some original graphics to go with the title. Boooooooo no Heavy Metal movie pinball. Very misleading.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
26,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/139?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.