20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,072 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 942.
#6651 4 years ago

DTF

#6652 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Mission Impossible is currently filming its 7th and 8th instalments. Fast and furious must finished film 9 with 3 more coming, it seems like a no brainer at this point to make pins based on these billion dollar franchises, that have massive world wide and commercial appeal.

I’ve seen all of them, but wouldn’t want either as a theme. When people have discussed dream themes, I don’t see them brought up there as well. Cruise would probably not let them use his likeness.

#6653 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Prices for Sterns have always been way higher in the U.K. than Europe. We have one official distributor, who sells on to resellers, so they have a monopoly on the U.K. market and price gouge the hell out of us as a result.

We have the exact same problem here in Australia. Only one distributor and a couple of resellers.

#6654 4 years ago

Down to Flip?

#6655 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Down to Flip?

Very Close I enjoy both but one more than the other.

#6656 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Very Close I enjoy both but one more than the other.

Absolutely, Down to fart

#6657 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’ve seen all of them, but wouldn’t want either as a theme. When people have discussed dream themes, I don’t see them brought up there as well. Cruise would probably not let them use his likeness.

We need some newer themes to catch the attention of more casual, big billion dollar blockbusters have universal appeal to do just that.

And let’s be honest both franchises have a tonne of cool scenes that would make nice modes in a game. I’d personally love a SAW themed game mechs/traps galore!!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6658 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

We need some newer themes to catch the attention of more casual, big billion dollar blockbusters have universal appeal to do just that.
And let’s be honest both franchises have a tonne of cool scenes that would make nice modes in a game. I’d personally love a SAW themed game mechs/traps galore!!

Saw will not be a Stern game. What else you got?

#6659 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I just saw the new Harley Quinn , birds of prey movie , it would work really well for a pin . Lots of missions , goals , a great soundtrack and great action scenes but as usual you would want to have all the movie assets along with the sound track . Plus having Margot Robbie on a pin ......

IMG_20200209_234215 (resized).jpgIMG_20200209_234215 (resized).jpg
#6660 4 years ago

Oh I know that, we where lucky to get the walking dead, most of the themes I’d like to see won’t ever get made and definitely wouldn’t be Sterns with the exception of maybe fast and furious if Stern ponied the cash for the licence.

#6661 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

maybe fast and furious if Stern ponied the cash for the licence.

I rather see another company do that license.

#6662 4 years ago

Not sure I understand this. Stern is the only company currently making pinball where themes like this even remotely fall into their wheelhouse.

#6663 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Stern is the only company currently making pinball where themes like this even remotely fall into their wheelhouse.

Not sure I understand this. Why wouldn't you want a better quality game?

#6664 4 years ago

Why wouldn't you want a better quality game?

I can only speak from my own experience. I only have 3 new(er) Sterns - the premiums of ACDC, IMDN, and JP2. Though I feel they may have been overpriced, I just have had no serious complaints about them.

I can’t speak to their quality versus the older games in my collection, because my older games are pins that survived. I suspect there were a lot of the same titles built in that era that didn’t because they had various manufacturing flaws that mine didn’t, causing confirmation bias.

I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.

#6665 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I can only speak from my own experience. I only have 3 new(er) Sterns - the premiums of ACDC, IMDN, and JP2. Though I feel they may have been overpriced, I just have had no serious complaints about them.
I can’t speak to their quality versus the older games in my collection, because my older games are pins that survived. I suspect there were a lot of the same titles built in that era that didn’t because they had various manufacturing flaws that mine didn’t, causing confirmation bias.
I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Same, I really enjoy Stern games and haven’t had a JJP game really call to me yet. My only concern has been with the playfield issues, which JJP has also had the same problems.

JP2 is phenomenal.

#6666 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Acabo de ver la nueva película de Harley Quinn, aves rapaces, funcionaría realmente bien para un alfiler. Muchas misiones, objetivos, una gran banda sonora y excelentes escenas de acción, pero como siempre querrás tener todos los recursos de la película junto con la banda sonora. Además de tener a Margot Robbie en un alfiler ......[quoted image]

#6667 4 years ago

Most of the licences/themes I’d like to see won’t ever get made so I don’t even have to worry if it will be Stern, JJP or someone else.

Back to the Future might be the only licence on my list that gets made but I’d have thought by now someone would have snapped that licence up, why JJP didn’t grab it is beyond me.

Theme integration and make depth like the Hobbit with a better layout would be an instant BTTF buy.

#6668 4 years ago

What we really need is a good Conan the Barbarian pinball with some of the awesome artwork I remember in the 80s.

savage sword conan #4 iron shadows moon (resized).jpgsavage sword conan #4 iron shadows moon (resized).jpg
#6669 4 years ago

A new Matrix movie is currently shooting in San Francisco. Who'd love a Matrix pin? (I know there's a JM retheme and at least one homebrew)

#6670 4 years ago

Matrix is such an old concept and the last 2 movies ruined the franchise so no for me.

#6671 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Matrix is such an old concept and the last 2 movies ruined the franchise so no for me.

Agreed. The first movie was something different. Fun to watch. The second and third were just bad.

#6672 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

...maybe fast and furious if Stern ponied the cash for the licence.

Mustang was supposed to be Fast and Furious, but something happened, so we got...Mustang.

#6673 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Most of the licences/themes I’d like to see won’t ever get made so I don’t even have to worry if it will be Stern, JJP or someone else.
Back to the Future might be the only licence on my list that gets made but I’d have thought by now someone would have snapped that licence up, why JJP didn’t grab it is beyond me.
Theme integration and make depth like the Hobbit with a better layout would be an instant BTTF buy.

That theory that AP's "Hot Wheels" license is actually a code name for BTTF is intriguing...

#6674 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That theory that AP's "Hot Wheels" license is actually a code name for BTTF is intriguing...

AP need a nit licence/title. They have proven they can create great games that are rammed with features but they just haven’t struck that mass appeal with Houdini or Octoberfest.

BTTF is a sure fire hit! You would have to really try to screw up that licence, if AP do have BTTF and can integrate the theme into mechs and code as well as they managed to make something like Octoberfest it should be incredible.

#6675 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

AP need a nit licence/title. They have proven they can create great games that are rammed with features but they just haven’t struck that mass appeal with Houdini or Octoberfest.
BTTF is a sure fire hit! You would have to really try to screw up that licence, if AP do have BTTF and can integrate the theme into mechs and code as well as they managed to make something like Octoberfest it should be incredible.

Given that Balcer designed WoZ, and that is a modern stop-n-go play classic, I'd be very interested to see what he could do with BTTF. Maybe a center apron high speed ball launch to simulate the delorean hitting time travel speed (also saving space not having to have a shooter lane)? Lots of possibilities...

I just hope he doesn't get lost in the design like he did on Hobbit.

#6676 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that Balcer designed WoZ, and that is a modern stop-n-go play classic, I'd be very interested to see what he could do with BTTF. Maybe a center apron high speed ball launch to simulate the delorean hitting time travel speed (also saving space not having to have a shooter lane)? Lots of possibilities...
I just hope he doesn't get lost in the design like he did on Hobbit.

Biggest question is how likely is it AP have the BTTF licence? They certainly need a monster hit if the rumours of octoberfest sales being poor are true, great playing game just not a theme/game I would own.

#6677 4 years ago

Serious question: Do people 30 or under even know Back to the Future? Guys I know around 40 like it for sure, we all do, but at the same time it's not something we watch all the time. The trilogy feels kinda dated to me and I'm not sure it has appeal beyond nostalgia.

#6678 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Serious question: Do people 30 or under even know Back to the Future? Guys I know around 40 like it for sure, we all do, but at the same time it's not something we watch all the time. The trilogy feels kinda dated to me and I'm not sure it has appeal beyond nostalgia.

You can say that about 75-80% of the themes that Stern currently puts out. But...they keep selling, every time.

#6679 4 years ago

Yes we do

And pinball has been thriving on Nostalgia so by that math BTTF is a sure fire hit.

#6680 4 years ago

Guess the crew over here isn’t concerned with playfield quality. Theme is coveted above all else in this thread. Theme shouldn’t be the only consideration.

Let’s say your dream theme is Elvira and you were ready to purchase EHOH. But you don’t like callouts, or lack of toys or premium being lowest level offered, or you don’t like how the assets were used or there are serious quality concerns. Many things can be a deal killer and prevent you from buying your favorite theme.

For me Harry Potter would be my preferred game. Wide body with Eric @ JJP designing it and lots of mechanical toys. What would really happen is it would go to Stern. They’d do a quick STh treatment on it and only offer premium and LE and SLE, no pro. No toys, bare code when released, shitty photoshop art. Would I buy that turd ... no way. So my dream theme would come and go and the fact it was my dream theme had little effect on my purchase.

Bottom line it makes no sense to get excited about a title until you see it, hear it, watch it and play it. Then go f’ing crazy.

#6681 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

You can say that about 75-80% of the themes that Stern currently puts out. But...they keep selling, every time.

I should have mentioned it, but I was thinking about location play more than anything. I know it would sell well to the collector crowd.

#6682 4 years ago

I feel like it’s aged very well.... bttf and bttf2

#6683 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I feel like it’s aged very well.... bttf and bttf2

I saw the tripple feature that was rescreening in 2015 and while I still love the movies, part 1 wouldn‘t be made like this nowadays. It takes it‘s time to set up the stage, nowadays too much time for people.

#6684 4 years ago

BTTF is an instant buy for me. I’d prefer a JJP wide body, but I would by AP or Stern.

#6685 4 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

BTTF is am instant buy for me. I’d prefer a JJP wide body, but I would by AP or Stern.

I'd argue, but not after looking at your collection. You've got great taste in Pins.

I wonder how many BTTF fans who are in your shoes are sporting early PRS guitars? I knew a couple guys who bought PRS after seeing that movie.

#6686 4 years ago

Abbott & Costello.

I honestly don't get the draw for BTTF or Jaws. Fine movies in their day, but,,,

653acb8a4b305e2f2af336fb953ace6a (resized).jpg653acb8a4b305e2f2af336fb953ace6a (resized).jpg
#6687 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Abbott & Costello.
I honestly don't get the draw for BTTF or Jaws. Fine movies in their day, but,,,[quoted image]

Ok boomer

#6688 4 years ago

I'm 33. Love the movie. Showed it to my 8, 6, and 3 year old. 8 and 6 year olds loved the original and the 3 year old played with legos. The first movie holds up well but the 2nd and 3rd were boring for my kids.

#6689 4 years ago

Early prs guitar? Never heard of them.

Quoted from guitarded:

I wonder how many BTTF fans who are in your shoes are sporting early PRS guitars? I knew a couple guys who bought PRS after seeing that movie.

#6690 4 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Early prs guitar? Never heard of them.

It's the guitar MJ Fox is playing in his living room. They were a fledgling company when the movie was made.

Grew into the 3rd largest american guitar builder by the end of the 90s or so.

#6691 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Guess the crew over here isn’t concerned with playfield quality. Theme is coveted above all else in this thread. Theme shouldn’t be the only consideration.
Let’s say your dream theme is Elvira and you were ready to purchase EHOH. But you don’t like callouts, or lack of toys or premium being lowest level offered, or you don’t like how the assets were used or there are serious quality concerns. Many things can be a deal killer and prevent you from buying your favorite theme.
For me Harry Potter would be my preferred game. Wide body with Eric @ JJP designing it and lots of mechanical toys. What would really happen is it would go to Stern. They’d do a quick STh treatment on it and only offer premium and LE and SLE, no pro. No toys, bare code when released, shitty photoshop art. Would I buy that turd ... no way. So my dream theme would come and go and the fact it was my dream theme had little effect on my purchase.
Bottom line it makes no sense to get excited about a title until you see it, hear it, watch it and play it. Then go f’ing crazy.

This is really well said. I was bummed that Stern was doing a Jurassic Park. I really wanted the JJP PoTC treatment for that theme. Then I played JP2 from Stern, was blown away by it, and then sprung not only for the game but the Pinball Refinery treatment for it. Having said that, for my dream theme games, I would always lean towards JJP as a general rule. I also noticed someone mentioned Hobbit not being a great layout or something above... I would be curious to know how much time you've put in that machine. Because in a home setting, once you know the rules, there is almost no game I would rather play. The immersion and flow of the game feels near perfect as you progress through it.

#6692 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Abbott & Costello.
I honestly don't get the draw for BTTF or Jaws. Fine movies in their day, but,,,[quoted image]

I'm assuming this post is meant to be ironic. I mean...it has to be right?

#6693 4 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I'm assuming this post is meant to be ironic. I mean...it has to be right?

Who's on first? What is on second? I Don't Know ... third base. Why is left field, I Don't Give a Darn is shortstop, Tomorrow is Pitching and Today is catching. Got it?

#6694 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Abbott & Costello.

Niagra Falls Multi-Ball!

Slowly I turn...

#6695 4 years ago

Keith Elwin + South Park = take my money

#6696 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Niagra Falls Multi-Ball!
Slowly I turn...

That was the Three Stooges!
Edit- I stand corrected...never knew Abbot and Costello did that routine also. Funny stuff!

#6697 4 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

an updated southpark with a killer playfield would be a grail for me for sure! So much call out potential

#6698 4 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

Give him the Animaniacs and I'm in.

#6699 4 years ago
Quoted from JWP72:

He did that already.

...Well he did retheme one.

#6700 4 years ago

Absolutely, check out the video below where college students are asked if they know 80's movies. Every single student knew about Back to the Future and seemed excited about it. BTTF is pretty much timeless at this point, same goes for Ghostbusters. A new BTTF trilogy pinball machine would sell like crazy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,072 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/134?hl=blackwaterop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.